Photo

Snow in GTA V Singleplayer

55 replies to this topic
Madzuk
  • Madzuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Would be really cool if there was seasons and snow weather thrown into the cycle. Maybe every in game month changes season

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

You know what I've always wanted in a Grand Theft Auto game?

An elf hat that has a little bell on the tip that jingles every time you step. Now that GTA V has this, my life is complete. I can now die in peace. Not to mention an awesome red and white suit jacket and suit pants, and them pointy-ass elf shoes. Hot damn, this game has it all!!

/light sarcasm

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

As far as gimmicks go, it's a really nice gimmick.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

@Madzuk
It would be great in a future GTA on next gen

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 25 December 2013 - 10:21 PM.

When it comes to single player, I could not give a f*ck about this. There are much more important and better things Rockstar should and could be adding to the single player than f*cking useless snow. 

Snow > Gang Wars

There, I said it.

Snow > Jetpack

• lizardman563 likes this

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by seventonblade, 25 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Some of you just have no imagination, do you?  I for one, love the idea of being able to switch between the summer and winter map in singleplayer; at least then, the snowy weather that can be activated by the weather cheat won't feel completely out of place.  Plus, I like being able to change the visuals, and being in what at least feels like a different setting; it gives a different vibe to the game in the same way that stabbing an NPC in an alleyway on a warm, sunny day feels different to doing the same thing on a dark, stormy night.  I like having so many different vibes available to toggle in and out of, especially when combined with all these kinds of freedoms that a detailed open-world game like GTA V offers (which is why I'm going to abuse the f*ck out of the slow-mo options from the in-game trainer mod when it comes out for GTA V PC, with a bit of background music of course), however, there's barely any vibe with just the snowy weather on and without the map makeover.  Not only that, but this sounds like it could spark some good ideas for YouTube videos, so in case Rockstar never gives unrestricted winter map use to singleplayer (which should take little to no effort at all), I guess we're just going to have to wait a lot longer for a mod to come out on the PC version that adds exactly what Rockstar didn't, in case that the necessary files are hopefully still in the PC build after the event is over.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

It'd be nice to add in as something you could change after the main storyline was done.

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Official General, 25 December 2013 - 11:56 PM.

@Official General
Exactly GTA 5 doesnt need snow.and i am sure by the time GTA 5 get it first Expansion next year,people will bashing Rockstar that they abandoned GTA Online.

Oh I would love it if Rockstar abandoned online for the Expansion pack. This would more likely mean they put more effort into the SP side of it. 

I won't be bashing them. I'd be fiercely defending them.

Madzuk, on 25 Dec 2013 - 7:44 PM, said:

Would be really cool if there was seasons and snow weather thrown into the cycle. Maybe every in game month changes season

Yeah because in real life it snows in Los Angeles. 

• visionist likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

@Official General
Exactly GTA 5 doesnt need snow.and i am sure by the time GTA 5 get it first Expansion next year,people will bashing Rockstar that they abandoned GTA Online.

Oh I would love it if Rockstar abandoned online for the Expansion pack. This would more likely mean they put more effort into the SP side of it. 

Didn't they say they're gonna be releasing a free Heist pack and DLC continuing Michael Trev and Frank's story (This one's probably not gonna be free)?

I hope we get the heist pack by January.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yeah because in real life you drivine over 100MPH then smashing into a solid wall and drives away.

• Khaos89 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

@Zielzar119

Yeah, because in real life if you shoot someone with a combat shotgun in the chest they're going to survive

Yeah, because in real life if you crash a bench at 25km/h you fly out of the winshield

Yeah, because I can keep on going listing all those things..

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

@Official General

Didn't they say they're gonna be releasing a free Heist pack and DLC continuing Michael Trev and Frank's story (This one's probably not gonna be free)?

Yeah me too. 

And I hope we get some decent criminal side missions and gang action this time.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, because in real life if you crash a bench at 25km/h you fly out of the winshield

Did you seen someone flied out of the windshield when crashing at 25km/h in real life?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

@Zielzar119

Yeah, because in real life if you shoot someone with a combat shotgun in the chest they're going to survive

Yeah, because I can keep on going listing all those things..

In that case why not let it rain cats and dogs in LS ? Rockstar should add that too right ? No, for real going by your logic, stuff like this should be fine right ?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Both of you didn't actually get my comment, did you?

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

In that case why not let it rain cats and dogs in LS ? Rockstar should add that too right ? No, for real going by your logic, stuff like this should be fine right ?

As long as it would be high effect I dont see a problem here

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

@Official General

Yeah me too. 

Well it might be like TBoGT, which made GTA 4 somewhat acceptable.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by Official General, 26 December 2013 - 12:42 AM.

@Official General

Yeah me too. 

Well it might be like TBoGT, which made GTA 4 somewhat acceptable.

Yeah you are right. I was very critical of GTA IV initially, until EFLC came out. EFLC definitely improved the overall IV experience in a major way, especially TBOGT. EFLC really turned IV's fortune's around regarding the criticism it received. GTA V something like this. 

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

One thing that was heavily lacking in gta v was that special vibe and feel. But now rockstar added snow to online and feeling a vibe for the first time and I love it!

I think atleast once everyweek we should have a snowy day! This is amazing and looks superb

Oh my god you hit it right on the dot. I feel exactly the same way!

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

One thing that was heavily lacking in gta v was that special vibe and feel. But now rockstar added snow to online and feeling a vibe for the first time and I love it!

I think atleast once everyweek we should have a snowy day! This is amazing and looks superb

This is what GTA IV needed. The cold and dark feel would of been perfect for IV and with V ( even though it looks very good with snow on it ) would of been perfect for sunny and heat. 

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

So does anyone know how long snow will be in the game? I'm just finding out about this now, and unfortunately I'm at work so I can't play the game right how. Hopefully snow will be in the game for at least the rest of this week?

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sorry Hulk. Snow's over.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

When it comes to single player, I could not give a f*ck about this. There are much more important and better things Rockstar should and could be adding to the single player than f*cking useless snow. 

Snow > Gang Wars

There, I said it.

There, he said it.

God, guy keeps whining with the same repetitive posts.....

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sorry Hulk. Snow's over.

Well then that was a waste. Exactly how many people did Rockstar plan on playing the game on Christmas Day instead of spending time with their families or being elsewhere? Seems like they went to a lot of effort for something like that to only last for one day.

• twocam16 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Snow > Gang Wars

There, I said it.

There, he said it.

God, guy keeps whining with the same repetitive posts.....

@ Wolfhuman

Well you are no better by whining about my whining. You don't like, you dont read or better yet don't respond. Even better, put my posts on your ignore lists and they won't annoy or bother you.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yeah. Ignore function is really cool. Best way to ignore kids in this forum. Mods should improve this function with more powerful options :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users