Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Round 25
The Silver Anniversary Round
STARTER SAVE INFO: Made on December 25 2013, 12:16:28
Game Script Version: 1.0 + Version 1.1 Patch
Chain Game Code Version: 6.3
LIBERTY CITY EMERGENCY NEWS:
Nothing special has happened yet...
The Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is a forum-based relay game for Grand Theft Auto III, a Rockstar game published by DMA Design LTD. The goal of the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is to complete Grand Theft Auto III "from Zero to Hero": from the very beginning to the very end and, eventually, achieve 100% completion.
The Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is free to play for anyone who desires to participate. Every potential participant must have a PC version of Grand Theft Auto III, as well as connection to the Internet (let alone a source of electricity to begin with), to be able to play. Other than that, there are no prerequisites at all.
However, all participants should take time to read the Rules or, at the very least, the Quick Start Guide before they start to play. The Rules are designed so that the game can progress smoothly and everyone can have an enjoyable experience of contributing into achieving the Chain Game's goal, which is reaching 100% completion in Grand Theft Auto III.
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply look through the Quick Start Guide and read the complete set of rules later. Eventually you will have to do it, otherwise you will spoil all the fun. And not only for the others, but for yourself as well!
Old players are always welcome here in the Chain Game - even if they have been away for quite a while, they will always have a warm reception. Just be sure to read through the full set Rules some time to catch up with any changes that could have possibly been made to them.
NEW* General Description
NEW* Quick Start Guide
NEW* Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game RULES
NEW* A Request to All Players
NEW* Supplement To The Rules
NEW* Posting Format
NEW* Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Personnel
NEW* Special Thanks
NEW* 100% Checklist
NEW* Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Records Book
NEW* Liberty City Gangs Status
Quick Start Guide
- Take a turn by making a post in this topic.
- Download the save file from the last post.
- Complete one mission. If there are several missions available at the moment, choose the one you desire.
Remember: DO NOT get busted or wasted, and DO NOT use any kind of cheats or third-party programs during your turn or it won't count!
- After you completed your turn, upload your save file on Samutz Save'N'Play
- or any other file sharing network.
- Post the link to your save file back in the topic within 3 hours. To do so, edit your original post in an appropriate manner.
Below you will find a copy & paste template of the posting format you should use upon your turn completion.
[color=#ffcc00][b]Mission:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Link:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Completion:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Notes:[/b][/color]
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game RULES
- Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO scripts. They can sometimes seriously mess up things in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect on a save after using cheats (several cheats are an exception though), it is strongly recommended not to use them. See exceptions for this rule below.
- Take a turn by posting in this topic.
- Download the save file from the last post. In this game, the same save file is used throughout the whole game from the beginning to 100%.
- The One Named Mission Rule: Complete one Named Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link to it back in the topic. Use the Edit button to edit your original post for this.
The Named Mission is any mission that changes the save file name. Examples are "Luigi's Girls", "Chaperone" and "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!".
- Several Named Missions are exceptions from the One Named Mission Rule. You will find all relative details in the Supplement To The Rules.
- Use Samutz's Save'N'Play Service
- to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down, you can use any other file sharing network. Bear in mind, this network must grant free download access to anybody using it.
- Use the preferred posting format (see Posting Format).
- The Two Turns Wait Rule: Wait until 2 other turns have been completed before taking your turn again.
- The Three Hour Limit Rule: The time limit to complete the turn is 3 hours. The timer starts when the player has made a post indicating that he/she has taken a turn, and the player's deadline is defined by the time of his/her post.
- If 3 hours pass and the player does not post back, his/her turn is declared "Invalid" and anyone else can take a turn.
- The Four Hours Timer Rule: If 4 or more hours pass since the last turn was completed, then the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect and anyone can take a turn - even if it is the player who completed the turn before that.
- Any player can willingly forfeit. To do so, everything he/she needs is to edit the original post and write a corresponding text. The forfeiter should skip at least one next turn or wait until the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect before he/she can take a turn again.
Note that the forfeited turn does not count towards the Two Turns Wait Rule sequence nor does it cancel its effect. A forfeited turn does not affect the Four Hours Timer Rule as well, meaning that the Two Turns Wait Rule loses its effect 4 hours after the last valid turn is completed.
- In the event of two players taking a turn at the same time, the one who posted earlier has the turn.
- Mission strategy is solely up to the player - just refrain from using cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO scripts (for exceptions see below).
- DO NOT save after getting busted or wasted.
- The player can purchase weapons, respray vehicles, set up car bombs and have relations with prostitutes. The decision about whether any of this information should be mentioned in the Notes section of the post or not is solely up to the player. It is recommended, however, to mention some important information just in case.
- The player can do any available side missions, collections and deliveries in his/her turn, either separately or along with any Named Mission. It is recommended to report any completed side missions and rewards received for completing them in the Notes section of the post.
- Nobody is forbidden to get to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
- It is highly essential not to trash this topic with unnecessary comments and replies. If you have something to say about the Chain Game, and it is not related to taking a turn itself, post in the Chain Game Lounge
- Only modifications that do not involve tampering with main.scm, gta3.img, txd.img and default.ide files (which are the game's core files) are allowed to be used during turn completion.
- If you are looking for modifications to use during your turns and in your free gameplay, check out the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Hosted Mods section - all the modifications there have been approved and are free to be used.
- If you witness a violation of any kind of any of the above mentioned rules, DO NOT hesitate to report a violation in a Personal Message to the Chain Game Chief or to any of the Chain Game Management. Noticing a violation at an early stage will help immeasurably in avoiding dire consequences in the future. The Chain Game will be running more smoothly as a result
A request to all players
Please, post the correct game completion percentage in the corresponding section of your post after you have completed your turn. This will help incredibly in assembling the statistics at the end of the Round. The completion percentage can be found in the first line of the STATS menu.
Also, Please do not use the GTA SA Chain Game posting format during your turn, thank you.
- Try to keep the mission failures to minimum. If it is required to fail the mission in order to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP/unique color/unique vehicle), then the players are free to do so. If a special vehicle has been collected, let everyone know about it in the Notes section.
If the mission failure was nothing more than a result of the player's bad luck, it is recommended for him/her to restart the turn, unless loads of side missions have been completed up to the point of failure without the player saving a single time. However, the ultimate choice is up to the player himself.
If the mission failure was a consequence of the player being busted or wasted, the player MUST restart his turn or declare a forfeit. Turns with a positive "busted" or "wasted" stat will not be accepted and will automatically be deemed "Invalid".
- Try to keep the safe house saves to minimum. However, if you have a game crash problem on your system or if you are uncertain of your success, it is advised to save multiple times, so you won't lose some significant progress. This is much helpful when the player fails a mission, gets busted or wasted - then it will not be necessary to redo all the stuff done up to the point of failure. The final decision in this matter is left to the player himself though.
- Try to save with full health and armor. If you lost some during your turn, take time to search for health and/or armor pickups or just collect them from hideouts if they are already available.
- It is always a good idea to have as much health points as possible. That's why the players are encouraged to use the Prostitute Trick to increase Claude's health to 125 points. The decision about writing down whether this trick has been performed and mentioning the quantity of money spent on hiring a hooker in the Notes section of the post is up to the players.
- Save close to available missions when possible.
Supplement To The Rules
This supplement was designed to discuss some technical issues of the Chain Game's rules and of GTA III overall.
I. Abuse of the Chain Game method
Players should understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should take a turn if and only if the previous player has completed his/her turn and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can be attached only if the previous one is bound.
II. "Respect Is Everything"
All players should respect each other, no matter what their sex, age, nationality, political views, religious views etc. are or what their position within the Chain Game is. New players are to be welcomed warmly, and are not to be harassed if they violated any of the Chain Game's rules - everyone has his first time, and everyone has a chance for mistake. The Chain Game Chief, the Management and the Players are to be treated equally. The Chain Game's rules apply to everyone playing - including the Chief himself.
Everyone viciously violating the Chain Game's rules, spamming in the Chain Game topic, flaming, hating any Chain Game player or showing intolerance to the Players, the Management and the Chief will get a disqualification from the Chain Game for a certain period of time - ranging from one day to one year! During the trial period, this player's turns will be deemed "Invalid" even if they respond to every single rule of the Chain Game.
III. High Priority Missions
In GTA III there are several missions that become unavailable after a certain mission is completed. If these missions were not completed up to the point of passing that specific mission, they can never again be accepted, and therefore, 100% Completion will become unachievable. That is why those missions are considered High Priority Missions, and are advised to be done as soon as they are unlocked, so they will not be getting in the way of achieving 100%.
Below you can find a complete list of the High Priority Missions.
- "Pump-Action Pimp" (Luigi Goterelli) - must be completed before "Last Requests" (Salvatore Leone)
- "The Fuzz Ball" (Luigi Goterelli) - must be completed before "Last Requests" (Salvatore Leone)
- "Dead Skunk In The Trunk" (Joey Leone) - must be completed before "Last Requests" (Salvatore Leone)
- "The Getaway" (Joey Leone) - must be completed before "Last Requests" (Salvatore Leone)
- "Kanbu Bust-out" (Kenji Kasen) - must be completed before "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" (Donald Love)
- "Grand Theft Auto" (Kenji Kasen) - must be completed before "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" (Donald Love)
- "Deal Steal" (Kenji Kasen) - must be completed before "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" (Donald Love)
- "Shima" (Kenji Kasen) - must be completed before "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" (Donald Love)
- "Smack Down" (Kenji Kasen) - must be completed before "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" (Donald Love)
- "Two-Faced Tanner" (Asuka Kasen) - must be completed before "Grand Theft Aero" (Donald Love)
IV. Gang-Hating Missions
Upon completion of certain missions, the gangs in Liberty City will start to hate Claude and attack him on sight, thus making it harder to complete other missions - both storyline and side missions - in their turfs. It is therefore advised for the players to complete as many storyline missions and side missions as possible before completing any of the Gang-Hating Missions. Namely, this concerns Paramedic and Taxi missions, which involve driving around the whole island, whichever one is chosen by the player, and passing through all the gangs' turfs.
Below you can find a complete list of Gang-Hating Missions.
- "Taking Out The Laundry" (Toni Cipriani) - Liberty City Triads start to hate Claude (if "Trial By Fire" hasn't yet been completed)
- "Trial By Fire" (El Burro) - Liberty City Triads start to hate Claude (if "Taking Out The Laundry" hasn't yet been completed)
- "Sayonara Salvatore" (Asuka Kasen) - Leone Family Mafia start to hate Claude
- "UZI Rider" (King Courtney) - Diablos start to hate Claude
- "Kingdom Come" (King Courtney) - Uptown Yardies start to hate Claude
Note that the Liberty City Yakuza and the Red Jacks are the only two gangs that won't hate the player throughout the whole game.
Also note that the Colombian Drug Cartel hates Claude from the beginning of the game - therefore Fort Staunton and Cedar Grove are dangerous right from the start.
V. Exceptions from the One Named Mission Rule
This is, in fact, a named cutscene finishing Asuka's "S.A.M" mission, and, therefore, will have to be completed along with "S.A.M". Whehter this cutscene should be mentioned or not is solely up to the player who completes the "S.A.M" mission.
2. "Idle Missions"
- "Bomb da Base: Act I"
- "Bomb da Base: Act II" (first cutscene)
- "Love's Disappearance"
Although these are Named Missions, all of them, in fact, are simply cutscenes. These missions are exceptions from the One Named Mission Rule. They can be completed along with any other Named Mission. Players are advised to mention them in the Notes section of their post.
- "Patriot Playground"
- "A Ride In The Park"
- "Multistorey Mayhem"
These are exceptions from the One Named Mission Rule and can be combined in any number with any other Named Mission. Players are advised to mention any challenges they completed, along with rewards received for them and record times achieved in the Notes section of their post.
They can also be re-accepted at any time by any players who wish to improve record times.
Note that improving results for these missions will come at a cost of an additional "Mission Attempt" stat without an additional "Mission Passed" stat (thus being deemed as a "Mission Failure").
4. TOYZ missions
- "Mafia Massacre"
- "Diablo Destruction"
- "Casino Calamity"
- "Rumpo Rampage"
These are also exceptions from the One Named Mission Rule and can therefore be as well combined in any number with any other Named Mission. Players are advised to mention any TOYZ missions completed, rewards received for them and the number of cars destroyed in the Notes section of their post.
They can as well be re-accepted at any time by any player to improve mission records.
VI. Other things to keep in mind
This mission can be combined with any Named Mission, as well as with any amount of side missions during the turn. It can as well be done in a separate turn. It is strongly recommended to finish this mission once it has been started in order to receive all the rewards that can be granted during and upon its completion in one go. It is also recommended to mention whether this mission has been completed either in the Mission section or in the Notes section of the post. The decision about writing down the rewards received for this mission is up to the player. They are well-known by many rookie players already.
2. Taxi, Firefighter and Vigilante
These missions can be combined in any amount with any Named Mission, as well as with any amount of side missions during the turn. It is recommended to deliver fares/extinguish fires/kill criminals in a row as much as possible to receive larger rewards. If one of these missions has been completed in any quantity, it is recommended to write it down in the Notes section of the post, along with mentioning any awards received for these missions.
3. Hidden Packages, Rampages and Unique Jumps
Feel free to get any amount of these during your turn. These can be either done separately or can be accompanied by a Named Mission and/or any amount of side missions. It is also recommended to write down the locations of any found Hidden Packages, completed Rampages and/or completed Unique Jumps as well as any rewards received for them into the Notes section of your post.
All players are allowed to participate in exporting vehicles, and this can be done either separately or along with any Named Mission - player's choice. Players can also help by storing vehicles needed for the lists beforehand when they come across them.
5. Securicar Cracker Garage
While filling this garage is not needed for 100% Completion, it is always great to have some extra money on account. That's why the players are encouraged to deliver Securicars to the Cracker Garage as soon as it becomes available. This can be done either separately or along with any Named Mission - the decision is up to the player. It is strongly recommended to report the amount of Securicars delivered in the Notes section of your post.
Also note that the delivery will become much easier if the Portland Docks Garage will have been filled at that moment.
VII. Late Edit
In a situation where a player completed a turn but forgot to mention something he/she did during his/her turn completion, this player is advised to edit that post. After that, the Original Edit Time line should be added at the bottom, showing the time when the turn was originally finished.
Note that you have to mention the Time Zone as well, so that other players won't get confused.
VIII. Version 1.1 Patch issues
All players using the Version 1.1 Patch are allowed to participate alongside the players owning the original Version 1.0 game. However, it should be brought to everyone's attention that using Version 1.1 Patch for GTA III will lead to different gameplay experience at certain points in the game. Namely, it concerns the "Under Surveillance" and "Kingdom Come" missions.
1. "Under Surveillance"
In the PC V 1.0 game, the Mafia members were replaced by the FBI, alongside the audio file and the text lines for the mission.
In the V 1.1 Patch, the Mafia and the text lines were restored to the original PS2 ones, but the audio file remained unaltered - the same as in PC V 1.0, still mentioning the FBI.
2. "Kingdom Come"
In the PC V 1.0 game this mission won't become available until both "Gang Car Round-up" and "Grand Theft Aero" are completed.
In the V 1.1 Patch this mission is available right after completing "Gang Car Round-up", no matter whether "Grand Theft Aero" was passed or not.
There has been a number of issues regarding glitches that happen within the game. That is why all known glithces so far will be listed below.
1. The Purple Nines Glitch
The glitch is as follows: after completing "Rumble" and wiping out Purple Nines in any of the save files, the Purple Nines will not appear in any other newly started game, thus making it impossible to complete the game 100%
This glitch always happens on the PS2 version of the game, where the last save file is automatically loaded upon starting the game (thus making the environment for any newly started game afterwards load from the point of the last save).
The PC version is free from this glitch, as it has been fixed. However, there have been several reports of this glitch happening on the PC version of the game. This can be easily avoided since the PC version requires the players to manually load a save file after the game's start. To avoid the glitch, one should simply start a new game and/or load a save file without the "Rumble" mission completed.
No information about this glitch on the Xbox and Mobile versions is present though.
Every Starter Save file that used by the Chain Game is free of this glitch!
2. The El Burro Glitch
The glitch is as follows: after completing "Big'N'Veiny" and leaving Portland, the next time the player returns to Portland, the icon for El Burro's mission will permanently appear on the radar.
The only way to avoid this glitch is to finish "Big'N'Veiny" after all storyline missions and side missions in vicinities of Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale have been finished and never leave Portland again upon the mission's completion.
However, this glitch has no actual effect on the game apart from getting stuck with El Burro's missions icon on the radar. The players can still opt to leave "Big'N'Veiny" to be completed after everything else has been done though.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like "the mission where you kill Salvatore".
Link: The link to your uploaded save file after upon your turn completion.
Completion: Game completion percentage from the STATS menu.
Notes: Rewards for storyline missions, side missions, collections, deliveries and any other information worth noting.
A simple "I'll take a turn", "I'll have a go" or "My turn" is enough to take a turn - players can be creative about what they write (as long as everyone understands what they really meant). But please, use this suggested posting format for completed turns!
Below you will find a template that you can copy and paste to spare you the effort. Feel free to change the colors to your liking. You are also free to add any other BBCode tags you feel necessary to add.
[color=#ffcc00][b]Mission:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Link:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Completion:[/b][/color] [color=#ffcc00][b]Notes:[/b][/color]
Percentage complete: 100%
Player who did the missions
Give Me Liberty - lol232
Luigi's Girls - lol232
Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up - SilentPL
Drive Misty For Me - Ermac.
Pump-Action Pimp - Linc.
The Fuzz Ball - GTAKid667
Mike 'Lips' Last Lunch - Ermac.
Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong - WildBrick142
Van Heist - GTAKid667
Cipriani's Chauffeur - GTAKid667
Dead Skunk In The Trunk - GTAKid667
The Getaway - MrMateczko
The Crook - Cristian
The Thieves - Dr. John
The Wife - MrMateczko
Her Lover - Ermac.
Taking Out The Laundry - Ermac.
The Pickup - UltraGizmo64
Salvatore's Called A Meeting - Linc.
Triads And Tribulations - Linc.
Blow Fish - WildBrick142
Turismo - Ermac.
I Scream, You Scream - Cristian
Trial By Fire - Johacamigames
Big'N'Veiny - Johacamigames
Chaperone - MrMateczko
Cutting The Grass - UltraGizmo64
Bomb da Base: Act I - MrMateczko
Last Requests - Linc.
Bomb da Base: Act II - MrMateczko
Sayonara Salvatore - MrMateczko
Under Surveillance - Linc.
Paparazzi Purge - GTAKid667
Payday for Ray - WildBrick142
Two-Faced Tanner - GTAKid667
Bait - MrMateczko
Espresso-2-Go! - Dr. John
S.A.M - MrMateczko
Ransom - MrMateczko
Kanbu Bust-out - GTAKid667
Grand Theft Auto - Cristian
Deal Steal - Linc.
Shima - Filip454
Smack Down - Ermac.
Silence The Sneak - GTAKid667
Arms Shortage - MrMateczko
Evidence Dash - Ermac.
Gone Fishing - MrMateczko
Plaster Blaster - Linc.
Marked Man - WildBrick142
Liberator - Filip454
Waka-Gashira Wipeout! - Ermac.
A Drop In The Ocean - MrMateczko
Grand Theft Aero - Johacamigames
Escort Service - Johacamigames
Decoy - Ermac.
Love's Disappearance - Dr. John
Bling-Bling Scramble - Ermac.
UZI Rider - MrMateczko
Gang Car Round-up - Ermac.
Kingdom Come - Johacamigames
UZI Money - Ermac.
Toyminator - Ermac.
Rigged To Blow - Ermac.
Bullion Run - SilentPL
Rumble - MrMateczko
The Exchange - Cristian
Hidden Packages: 100/100 - SilentPL (31) ; Cristian (69)
Unique Jumps: 20/20 - MrMateczko (12); SilentPL (8)
Murder 30 Diablos in 120 seconds [M16] - MrMateczko
Kill 25 Triads in 120 seconds [UZI] - MrMateczko
Kill 20 Triads in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - MrMateczko
Kill 20 Mafia in 120 seconds [AK47] - MrMateczko
Destroy 13 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - MrMateczko
Destroy 10 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Grenades] - MrMateczko
Destroy 15 Vehicles in 120 seconds [M16] - Cristian
Destroy 8 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - Cristian
Explode 25 Yardies in 120 seconds [Grenades] - Cristian
Annihilate 30 Yardies in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - Cristian
Pop 17 Yardie heads in 120 seconds [Sniper Rifle] - Cristian
Burn 25 Yakuza in 120 seconds [Flamethrower] - Cristian
Torch 16 Yakuza in 120 seconds [Molotovs] - Cristian
Destroy 15 Vehicles in 120 seconds [Rocket Launcher] - Cristian
Drive-by and destroy 7 Vehicles in 120 seconds [UZI+Vehicle] - Cristian
Run over 20 Colombians in 120 seconds [Vehicle] - Cristian
Remove 15 Colombian Heads in 120 seconds [Sniper Rifle] - Cristian
Fry 20 Colombians in 120 seconds [Flamethrower] - Cristian
Splatter 20 Hoods in 120 seconds [Shotgun] - Cristian
Behead 20 Hoods in 120 seconds [M16] - Cristian
Paramedic - Cristian
Taxi: 100/100 - Ermac. (73); GTAKid667 (27)
Portland: 35/20 - Cristian (20), Dr. John (15)
Staunton Island: 20/20 - Cristian (20)
Shoreside Vale: 20/20 - Cristian (20)
Portland: 20/20 - Ermac.
Staunton Island: 20/20 - Cristian
Shoreside Vale: 20/20 - Cristian
Patriot Playground - Ermac.
A Ride In The Park - Cristian
Gripped! - Cristian
Multistorey Mayhem - Cristian
Mafia Massacre - Ermac.
Diablo Destruction - Dr. John
Casino Calamity - MrMateczko
Rumpo Rampage - MrMateczko
Portland Harbor Crane
Ambulance - Ermac.
Firetruck - Ermac.
Police - Ermac.
Enforcer - Ermac.
FBI Car - Ermac.
Rhino - Ermac.
Barracks OL - Ermac.
Portland Docks Garage
Securicar - Dr. John
Moonbeam - Dr. John
Coach - Dr. John
Flatbed - Dr. John
Linerunner - Dr. John
Trashmaster - Dr. John
Patriot - Dr. John
Mr Whoopee - Dr. John
Blista - Dr. John
Mule - Ermac.
Yankee - Ermac.
Bobcat - Dr. John
Dodo - MrMateczko
Bus - Dr. John
Rumpo - Dr. John
Pony - Dr. John
Pike Creek Import Garage
Sentinel - SilentPL
Cheetah - MrMateczko
Banshee - SilentPL
Idaho - SilentPL
Infernus - SilentPL
Taxi - SilentPL
Kuruma - SilentPL
Stretch - MrMateczko
Perennial - SilentPL
Stinger - SilentPL
Manana - SilentPL
Landstalker - SilentPL
Stallion - SilentPL
BF Injection - MrMateczko
Cabbie - SilentPL
Esperanto - SilentPL
Missions not required for 100% Completion
Securicar Cracker Garage: 10/10 - Dr. John (10)
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Records Book
Patriot Playground in secs: 212 - Ermac.
A Ride In The Park in secs: 100 - Cristian
Gripped! in secs: 210 - Cristian
Multistorey Mayhem in secs: 97 - Cristian
Turismo time: 170 - Ermac.
Time for Bomb Defusal ("Rigged To Blow"): 126
Bling-Bling Scramble checkpoints: 11 - Ermac.
Mafia Massacre: 8 Kills - Ermac.
Diablo Destruction: 6 Kills - Dr. John
Casino Calamity: 5 Kills - MrMateczko
Rumpo Rampage: 4 Kills - MrMateczko
Longest Flight in Dodo: 78 Seconds
NOTE: ANY of these records can be improved at any time by any player.
Also keep in mind that improving results for "Patriot Playground", "A Ride In The Park", "Gripped!", "Multistorey Mayhem", "Turismo", "Bling-Bling Scramble" and Bomb Defusal will come at a cost of an additional "Mission Attempt" stat without an additional "Mission Passed" stat (thus being deemed as a "Mission Failure").
Liberty City Gangs Status
Leone Family Mafia
Liberty City Triads
Liberty City Yakuza
Colombian Drug Cartel
Neutral to Claude
Hideout Items List
The following list was made to make players aware of which items are already available at hideouts and which are still not. The unavailable items will have the requirements on how to get them in the brackets next to the item's name.
Police bribes: 6/6
Unique Vehicles List
The following vehicles are unique, and therefore, most of them can only be acquired once during the game. While not a must, the GTA III Chain Game players are encouraged to get several of these vehicles, especially those that have unique properties, which could be useful during the course of the game.
- Pale green Kuruma (UC) - during "Give Me Liberty"
- Payroll Van (BP/FP) - during "Van Heist"
- 'Corpse' Manana (UV) - during "Dead Skunk In The Trunk"
- Sentinel (LD) - during "The Thieves"
- Cheetah (BP/EP/FP) - during "Turismo"
- Leone Black Limo (BP/DP/EP/FP/UC) - during "Salvatore's Called A Meeting"
- Leone Black Limo (UC) - during "Salvatore's Called A Meeting" & "Chaperone"
- Dust Cart (BP/FP) - during "Blow Fish"
- FBI Black Rumpo (UC) - during "Under Surveillance"
- Dark red Cheetah (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Dark red Stinger (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Dark red Infernus (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Barracks OL (BP) - during "Arms Shortage"
- Bobcat (BP/EP/FP) - during "Evidence Dash"
- Ghost (UV) - during "Gone Fishing"
- Ray Machowski's Patriot (BP) - after "Marked Man"
- Securicar with black trims (EP/UC) - during "Escort Service"
- Securicar with black trims (UC) - during and after "Decoy"
- D-Ice's Infernus (LD) - during "Rigged To Blow"
- Black FBI Car (UC) - get a 5-star wanted level
- Lightless Taxi
- Lightless Cabbie
- Lightless Borgnine
- Hoods Rumpo XL without graffitis
BP - Bulletproof
DP - Damageproof (Dent Proof)
EP - Explosion Proof
FP - Fireproof
LD - Locked Doors
UC - Unique Color
UV - Unique Vehicle
In Green - acquired vehicles
In Yellow - acquirable vehicles
In Red - unacquirable/temporarily obtainable only vehicles
In Bold - acquirable by glitching
Underlined - can be acquired more than once
[P - in Portland garage
[s] - in Staunton Island garage
[SS] - in Shoreside Vale garage
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Hosted Mods
This is the section for modifications created by the Chain Game players. If you are a player in the GTA III Chain Game, and you appear to have a brilliant mod you want to share with other players, send me a Personal Message, and if your mod is good enough, it will be added to the list, so any player can utilize it.
Note that all the modifications listed below have been approved personally by the Chief, so there is nothing dangerous in using them while taking a turn in the Chain Game.
- Weapon enhancements (made by Arsen Vitiuk and lol232)
- Euro 2012 paintjobs (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Cool Claude skin (made by lol232)
- Lowered Full-winged Dodo path (made by dingleman)
- PlayStation 2 Ghost Color Scheme (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Gang Vehicles Flag Colors (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Hooker City (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Infinite Clip/No Reload (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
This section contains useful links to the topics here on GTAForums or to another websites that will aid the players in the game completion, provide help with soving technicalities that can occur or giving some specific information on a specific matter. If you have a suggestion for a site to be added, send me a Personal Message with your suggestion and I'll see to adding the link(s) you proposed to the list, provided they are useful.
- Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Lounge
- Grand Theft Auto III Unique Vehicle Guide
- Samutz's Save'N'Play site
- 2Shared file sharing network ("official" Chain Game file uploader)
- GTASeriesVideos YouTube Channel (specific GTA III Mission Walkthrough section in particular)
- IGN section for GTA III
- Gamespot section for GTA III
- GameSpy section for GTA III ("Planet Grand Theft Auto")
- G-Unleashed section for GTA III
- The M16 Trick
- The Car Crusher Trick