Quantcast

» «
Photo

Paleto Forest Discussion

632 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by Official General, 11 March 2014 - 09:51 PM.

I am kind of at a loss as to why some people expected emense expanses of forest & desert. Not to mention how ridiclously childish some people act about it.. as if more trees would have stopped anyone complaining about the game or berating Rockstar.

San Andreas did not have any thing better. The scale of such geographical topography has always been small in GTA & in most open world games, specifically those that are hand built.

The pictures posted by SouthLand are ridiclous comparisons based on ridiclous expectations.

The problem itself is not that "they removed the trees". The problem is that they removed what they SHOWED to us on trailers, that can be called as false advertising, and that is worth complaining. Although R* did this before with IV's fingerless gloves and I'm sure there's a lot more to come. Thanks to GTA V I'm kinda prepared to resist the hype of another GTA.

SA did have better rural areas, you could really feel something creepy while walking alone in Shady Creeks, Back O' Beyond and The Panopticon. GTA V's countryside is full of empty mountains.
I'm pretty sure as long as R* can prove that what they showed was gonna be in the game, but the cut, then they're fine.

This is just going off technical thinking, though. I may or may not be wrong.
@ Masterfocker

What do you mean by " they're fine" ?? Lol you're one seriously funny guy.

Like your their legal representative on PR matters (you act like it anyway). I really hope you are getting paid for your PR/spokesman role for Rockstar, or you own shares or stock with them, because this is ass-lickin' at its finest and most professional.

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

I am kind of at a loss as to why some people expected emense expanses of forest & desert. Not to mention how ridiclously childish some people act about it.. as if more trees would have stopped anyone complaining about the game or berating Rockstar.

San Andreas did not have any thing better. The scale of such geographical topography has always been small in GTA & in most open world games, specifically those that are hand built.

The pictures posted by SouthLand are ridiclous comparisons based on ridiclous expectations.

The problem itself is not that "they removed the trees". The problem is that they removed what they SHOWED to us on trailers, that can be called as false advertising, and that is worth complaining. Although R* did this before with IV's fingerless gloves and I'm sure there's a lot more to come. Thanks to GTA V I'm kinda prepared to resist the hype of another GTA.

SA did have better rural areas, you could really feel something creepy while walking alone in Shady Creeks, Back O' Beyond and The Panopticon. GTA V's countryside is full of empty mountains.

I can only agree with that. Maybe you got some spare time to read my post above.

Yeah, I read it all, that's just the way I imagined while watching Trailer 1 too, totally agree. GTA V was at it's full potential in 2011, it's a shame... but modders can fix it if R* launch a PC version!

Hx1349
  • Hx1349

Baking Bad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

I always knew looking at the old trailers and screenshots "damn,that has to be too good to be true." and sure enough lol.  

for me, my complaint is that there are too many dirt roads in the game. Not enough tree's, too many dirt roads.

• Spectacus likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 March 2014 - 12:10 AM.

I'm pretty sure as long as R* can prove that what they showed was gonna be in the game, but the cut, then they're fine.

@ Masterfocker

Like your their legal representative on PR matters (you act like it anyway). I really hope you are getting paid for your PR/spokesman role for Rockstar, or you own shares or stock with them, because this is ass-lickin' at its finest and most professional.

What do I mean by they're fine? I mean they're fine legally. You know, the topic we were discussing? I don't see how that's funny in any way whatsoever. 

You sure love to completely misread almost everything I say, though.

Are you getting paid to lose reading comprehension skills when you read my posts? :rol:

Do you also get paid by gangs to constantly talk about them?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

@ Masterfocker

What do I mean by they're fine? I mean they're fine legally. You know, the topic we were discussing? I don't see how that's funny in any way whatsoever. 

You sure love to completely misread almost everything I say, though.

Are you getting paid to lose reading comprehension skills when you read my posts? :rol:

Do you also get paid by gangs to constantly talk about them?

I know what you meant. I'm poking fun at what you are saying. You're saying Rockstar are legally fine over stuff they have clearly mis-advertised - like you really should give a f*ck anyway. These guys have made hundreds of millions and they got the best lawyers to handle their sh*t, and here you, Mr Random Guy on a forum giving Rockstar 'expert' legal advice. I just find it all funny.

Nah my talk gangs is one of my complaints about the game sunshine. 

That's what I find amusing.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:20 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 March 2014 - 03:29 AM.

I was giving my guess on whether or not R* would be liable.

You turned it into "LOL R* fanboy I hope you get paid"

Seriously. Hop off.

EDIT: Sorry, long day, but you did turn a simple guess into something else, and it's kinda messed up. Your response was 100% unprovoked.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

I think they should have added a small bikepark with ramps and jumps just like they did in GTA SA at the bottom of Mount Chillad. Also, The Motocross Racetrack sucks a lot, it looks unfinished and sometimes while driving it looks confusing.

Another thing i want to mention;

The only "proper" place where you can "Offroad" is near the river in Military base since it's all muddy but still, you car doesn't get properly dirty and you don't get stuck at all.

So i decided to take a nice Trip, I customized a Benefactor Dubsta with off road wheels, Snorkel, and all the things needed for off roading. This is the route i took (Always avoiding driving on tarmac) :

The main reason your car doesn't get stuck is because of the awful driving physics. If this game had GTA IV style physics I can GUARANTEE you would have gotten stuck at least once.

• theGTAking101 and Kampret like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Seriously. Hop off.

EDIT: Sorry, long day, but you did turn a simple guess into something else, and it's kinda messed up. Your response was 100% unprovoked.

Ooooh, the once cool Masterfocker finally loses his cool ! Ha ha ! Not so slick a debater now are ya ? For real, I'll ease up on you for now. But seriously, your automated defence of Rockstar beggars belief, especially when you don't get paid by these guys. 

I just don't get why you are such a stern defender for them.

quidyg
  • quidyg

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

i dont get how people can say they took alot of trees out. here's a pic i took in game last night

http://prod.cloud.ro...etrvW6w/0_0.jpg

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 March 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Seriously. Hop off.

Ooooh, the once cool Masterfocker finally loses his cool ! Ha ha ! Not so slick a debater now are ya ? For real, I'll ease up on you for now. But seriously, your automated defence of Rockstar beggars belief, especially when you don't get paid by these guys. 

I just don't get why you are such a stern defender for them.

What do you expect when you get called names for giving your thought on a legal matter?

It's like 2012 vs. 2013 all over again.

My answer would've been the same no matter what company it is.

I'm not asking you to 'go easy' on me, I'm just asking you stop jumping to conclusions so quickly. There is no reason for you to have called me out on what I said, as it had no implications whatsoever.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

I've said it a million times, but just once more, ready?

TREES WERE REMOVED DUE TO TESTERS COMPLAINING. 

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

I've said it a million times, but just once more, ready?

TREES WERE REMOVED DUE TO TESTERS COMPLAINING. 

Saying it a million and one times doesn't make it true.

Voggs
  • Voggs

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Most of the trees were on mountains, how could a tester complain about that? You're clearly not driving around with a car/bike where it's full of trees while there are dirt roads and say "Owww too many trees! I crash every tiiemm! Jeez! Get rid of them here, Rockzztar!!"... right? There's a lot of dirt roads to take and not crash into trees.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

i dont get how people can say they took alot of trees out. here's a pic i took in game last night

That is the Paleto forest and whilst I do not have a issue with how dense that forest is, I do have an issue with the road the cuts right through it, the trails, and the logging sections. What V needs is an actual forest, it doesn't have to been extremely dense; it could be as dense as that forest in your picture. But the road just ruins the forest feel, and so does all of the other man-made crap that is in and around it. A legit answer to your question would be, "People are complaining about the lack of trees because outside of Paleto, there barely are any forests. Ranton Canyon just erased a whole ton of trees.

To  be honest, I only feel like Paleto could have been a better forest, Ranton Canyon could of had forests, and the secluded east coast could of had forests. The whole southern portion of the map should be scarce with trees as this is Southern California. And that irks me because for some odd reason, the blokes at Rockstar thought they should make the hills green when Southern California is dry as hell. It really subtracted from the Southern California vibe because the hills in that place look like this:

zzyppy-post-9-17-13-Up-in-the-hills-betw

Yet the hills in the Great Chaparral, for example, look like this:

GreatChaparral-GTAV.jpg

Nicely landformed yet too rich and green. They should have been dry and dead looking. And another thing that bugged me is look at all of those structures. This is the countryside, did Rockstar forget that? There should have been just hills and only a few houses/mines. But they've loaded this area with structures and it feels more like the outskirts of a city than a countryside.

My issue with the desert is that it also lacks seclusion, its too small, and the landforms are so dull as well as the roads. Grapeseed is just awkward and I get the feeling that there should have been a road along the northern coast of Alamo Lake with an actual town instead of some stupid hick buildings and a raggedy dirt road. They made the countryside look so poor in wealth when there are some wealthy towns in Southern California.

And please do not get me started with what should have been north of the Los Santos hills...

• theGTAking101, mariana_dm1989 and SingularSoul like this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 15 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Was I the only one picturing this whenever I heard "forest" before V was released? Oh stupid of us..
Dqrm4eW.jpg
  • coach_wargo, theGTAking101, DaRkL3AD3R and 4 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

I was on the mountains yesterday. What bothered me was that you can tell where trees have been removed because they replaced them with NOTHING. There's alot of just empty ground texture, no leaves or shrubs or careful attention to detail. It looks kinda lazy, and noticeably barren.   

• _Kindled_ and FANTOMTRON like this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Was I the only one picturing this whenever I heard "forest" before V was released? Oh stupid of us.. Dqrm4eW.jpg

Thank you for posting this picture my good sir.

To all of those riding rockstar's cock.
THIS IS WHAT A FOREST LOOKS LIKE. No place in v even comes close to looking like this. You all keep posting picture of the paleto "forest" from an outside veiw. But if you go deeper it's not as much of a forest as it is some roadside trees. Many places in the game are like this. They look good good from outside but the other side is empty as hell.
  • theGTAking101, omawnakw, FANTOMTRON and 3 others like this

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

The reason why Paleto Forest isn't dense, is because the trees were thinned out, and that explains to all the big timber truck in the area.

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:12 PM Edited by SingularSoul, 15 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Never mind Red Dead Redemption; I just jumped onto San Andreas, walked into the wilderness, and snapped this:

VbIGml4.jpg

"San Andreas Logging Ltd." sure have been making record profits in the last 10 years! :rol:

• theGTAking101 likes this

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Fail. Should have had the Red Dead team do the environments. 

Wow, two whole rows of trees next to the road. That truly is wilderness at its finest if I've ever seen it. Jolly good show, mate. 

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hehe here's one more. I got attacked by like 5 damn bears trying to take this photo.
kpStyCQ.jpg
RDR mastered the countryside, IV mastered the city, and V did an alright job at trying to master both to R*'s standard and history.
  • Raavi, theGTAking101, DaRkL3AD3R and 2 others like this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

I got attacked by like 5 damn bears trying to take this photo.

Oh man, the bears  :panic:

Seriously need to hop back onto RDR just to wander round the forest waiting to be mauled to death. :)

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 15 March 2014 - 10:45 PM.

Seriously need to hop back onto RDR just to wander round the forest waiting to be mauled to death. :)
Spoiler

OT: Yeah, I was disappointed with the forests. At any given time, you either see a road, hear vehicles, or are passed by something man made. I want seclusion >____<
  • theGTAking101 and SingularSoul like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:50 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 March 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Spoiler

OT: Yeah, I was disappointed with the forests. At any given time, you either see a road, hear vehicles, or are passed by something man made. I want seclusion >____<

Moments like that are what make me really, really sad RDR isn't on PC.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Voggs
  • Voggs

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

Some weeks ago I went back to RDR and I was impressed of how many details the map had, I went to Nekoti Rock to have a good view of Tall Trees, that is for sure a real forest. Today I did some hunting missions with Cletus for the first time, you feel like it's a forest, looks very nice, but then I hear car engines... for f*ck's sake! They messed up the whole area because of those roads. Also the train tracks and construction sites are useless there.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

I'm not trying to be a whiner, hater, complainer, or whatever else some of you perceive a critic on this message-board as. My opinion is that Rockstar dropped the ball when it came to the environments. I felt that the countryside was just a bit of a mess. There could have been a bigger and more rugged/dry desert, there could have been a bigger and secluded forest near Paleto, and the areas surrounding the Los Santos Metropolitan could have been treeless and dry with scarce brush. There should have been more tarmac roads and a bit less dirt roads, they could have done more with the landscape, and they could have made the countryside actually feel like a countryside. RDR had such an empty feeling, albeit in a good way, map and the same people that worked on that map could have made V's countryside feel similar. But for some odd reason the end result was something that left me feeling like I was always near a city. I was but you're not supposed to feel like that in the countryside, SA made it very known that you were leaving a city.

• MGT86 and theGTAking101 like this

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

I'm not trying to be a whiner, hater, complainer, or whatever else some of you perceive a critic on this message-board as. My opinion is that Rockstar dropped the ball when it came to the environments. I felt that the countryside was just a bit of a mess. There could have been a bigger and more rugged/dry desert, there could have been a bigger and secluded forest near Paleto, and the areas surrounding the Los Santos Metropolitan could have been treeless and dry with scarce brush. There should have been more tarmac roads and a bit less dirt roads, they could have done more with the landscape, and they could have made the countryside actually feel like a countryside. RDR had such an empty feeling, albeit in a good way, map and the same people that worked on that map could have made V's countryside feel similar. But for some odd reason the end result was something that left me feeling like I was always near a city. I was but you're not supposed to feel like that in the countryside, SA made it very known that you were leaving a city.

Yeah i agree with that statement, what i feel would make Paleto better would be if it wasn't  so F****ing boring, i mean seriously it's literally dead and why is everything run down, it's near the beach, surely some people would find that expensive, there is also no vibe what so ever, should have made it a bit touristy imo and more alive, this latest installment feels as if a lot of effort was not put into it. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

Paleto Bay captures the "recession" vibe pretty well, I think. I sure hope that's what they were going for...

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Paleto Bay captures the "recession" vibe pretty well, I think. I sure hope that's what they were going for...

But I'm not sure Southern California really feels like that anymore, especially in a town far from Los Angeles. This recession thing would have worked for 2007-2011, Rockstar are kind of late.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by Emmi, 16 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Red Dead Redemption = my GAME OF THE GENERATION

not a single doubt about that! I must finish it for the second time, I'm already at 80+% in my 2nd playthrough.

This game is addicting because it has way better gameplay mechanics than GTAV, with the inventory, quick accessable bandana, honor & fame system, the map is brilliant, the animals, the story, the RAGE engine, etc. etc.

This game has everything, it looks absolutely gorgous too!

Nonetheless I wish Bully 2 is the next game from Rockstar.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users