Paleto Forest Discussion

534 replies to this topic
dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

GTA SA is not a spinoff it is a main game but it is part of GTA 3 and it's universe. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 28 December 2013 - 02:04 AM.

GTA SA is not a spinoff it is a main game but it is part of GTA 3 and it's universe. 

are you for real? Because a subtitle game or movie is known as a Spinoff or follow up.a main game or movies are number instead of titled,i.e GTA 1,GTA 2,GTA 3,GTA 4 and GTA 5 are the main series,while London 1969,Advance,Vice City,San Andreas,LCS,VCS,Episodes and Chinatown wars are Subtitled and are now as spinoff,so if you dont know this then there is no way i can explain to you.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

are you for real? Because a subtitle game or movie is known as a Spinoff or follow up.a main game or movies are number instead of titled,i.e GTA 1,GTA 2,GTA 3,GTA 4 and GTA 5 are the main series,while London 1969,Advance,Vice City,San Andreas,LCS,VCS,Episodes and Chinatown wars are Subtitled and are now as spinoff,so if you dont know this then there is no way i can explain to you.

They still form a main series. It's not like I, II, III, IV  and V all connect with each other. You don't need to play III to understand IV and so on.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

Just like the real world, GTA's city is overdeveloped, taking over the forests and deserts. 

Its not perfect by any means, but its a beautiful game and its not worth complaining about. 

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

Anyway there is working sawmill so thats why

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

They still form a main series. It's not like I, II, III, IV  and V all connect with each other. You don't need to play III to understand IV and so on.

Yeah now you understand what i kinda mean,the 15 games are all stand-alone because the storylines(theme)differs in each game even though there are more spinoffs than the main games in the GTA series

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

GTA III, VC, and SA are the main titles of the 3D Era. They all form an over-arching story with small connections. LCS and VCS are the spin-off titles. They came after the fact, and provided backstory for VC and III. SA never got one because Rockstar had already wrote and animated "The Introduction" which serves the same purpose for SA that LCS and VCS did for III and VC. GTA Advanced is another spin-off, but more-so Rockstar trying to expand to the mobile platform. It really had nothing to do with the other 3D Era games.

IV, EFLC, and V are all main titles for the HD Era. EFLC and IV are definitely one big story, with three people's experience in Liberty City crossing paths multiple times. Just like in the 3D Era, V forms multiple connections with the previous games: IV+EFLC to form an over-arching story. Chinatown Wars is the only spin-off for the HD Era, having nothing to do with the other HD titles.

• ten-a-penny likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

@cp1dell
Yeah i understand what you trying to say but when there is a name instead of a number it is known as a subtitle(spinoff),there are only 5 main games in the series and 10 spinoffs(including TLaD and TBoGT,plus the two London games back in 1999) and it also like that in GTA Wiki
  • Moonplayer likes this

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

It will get intresting when the next gen version screens come out. If they did add any more trees or vegetation. But knowing rockstar they will probably delete all of the trees again

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

@cp1dell
Yeah i understand what you trying to say but when there is a name instead of a number it is known as a subtitle(spinoff),there are only 5 main games in the series and 10 spinoffs(including TLaD and TBoGT,plus the two London games back in 1999) and it also like that in GTA Wiki

A spin-off is when something splits off from the main focus of a series, and focuses on one specific aspect from the main series. GTA III, VC, and SA are the general GTA games where you do your basic GTA activities. They share multiple commonalities and show the progress of multiple characters from the 80s to the 00s.

LCS focuses on Tony Cipiriani and his work for the Salvatore family and friends - a small plot the brances off and predates GTA III.

VCS follows the same vein, where Lance Vance's brother Vic Vance gets caught up in the criminal underworld after being discharged from the army.

It's also worth mentioning that VCS and LCS came after-the-fact, being developed and released after III, VC, SA.

Hell, even Rockstar distributes the 3D Era as a main series. You can go into any store, physical or digital, and purchase the GTA Trilogy - consisting of III, VC, and SA. LCS and VCS are obviously spin-offs. Just because they're not labeled with a number doesn't mean it's a spin-off. It's just a title. The actual narrative determines whether or not it's a spin-off.

• SmoothGetaway, ten-a-penny, Tacymist and 1 other like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

RDR, even with the dirt roads, have a massive and immersive forest that pass us a loneliness sensation. If the forests from V was a little bit like that... It would be awesome.

The forest in RDR was the reason i posted this thread. I played RDR and was amazed at the nice forest. It puts the pseudo forest in V to shame.

• theGTAking101 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

RDR, even with the dirt roads, have a massive and immersive forest that pass us a loneliness sensation. If the forests from V was a little bit like that... It would be awesome.

The forest in RDR was the reason i posted this thread. I played RDR and was amazed at the nice forest. It puts the pseudo forest in V to shame.

That is how the real world is. If the GTA world were the real one RDR's wilderness would have been paved over and developed. RDR took place when there was nothing but small towns out west.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

There

That is how the real world is. If the GTA world were the real one RDR's wilderness would have been paved over and developed. RDR took place when there was nothing but small towns out west.

Actually, there are plenty of vast forest areas in southern Cali, which is what gta v is based on. Paleto forest is an insult to the southern cali wilderness. Trust me, there is still plenty of wilderness in many US states.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I like the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness better than Paleto Forest. 

I always figured the "forest" thing was some kind of joke, it's only a few acres, you can see the opposite edge of it from any side. It's woods, not a forest.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

That's suppose to be a Forrest? Lol I didn't even notice
  • theGTAking101 and esato like this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Wait; what's the difference?

I always thought that they were the same thing.

• esato likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

I agree that the desert and forest could of been better made in GTA V. You have to wonder though how much more the PS3 could take though as its not like R* could of made GTA V twice as big to accomodate a huge desert and forest.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

I agree that the desert and forest could of been better made in GTA V. You have to wonder though how much more the PS3 could take though as its not like R* could of made GTA V twice as big to accomodate a huge desert and forest.

It wouldn't have been any harder on the PS3 for them to simply not have roads cutting throught the tree areas. In fact it probably would be easier on the system.

For example, it makes more sense to have a 'large' dense forest in Red Dead Redemption, being set in the early 20th century then it would in GTA V being set in the present day.

Forests still exist in the 21 century.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 11 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

The entirety of the wilderness is broken.

The desert is more like a sandlot than a full fledged desert.

The forest is more like a few trees along the side of the road.

The mountains are barren and ugly. No rocky cliffs or details save for the small ones asking zancudo.

Absolutely no vegetation anywhere. Massive open areas where there's nothing but flat terrain geometry.

Agreed. Skyrim did it so much better.

Skyrim was superior when it came to this. Perfect example is getting lost in the conifer rain forest of Falkenreath. Even if you weren't an immersion/sandbox gamer, you would still feel quite small in relation to your environment--regardless of where you happened to be.

Another perfect example is the Sea of Ghosts.  If your char was freezing to death on the sub zero shores of this arctic ocean, the only thing they would be able to see in any cardinal direction would be icebergs, ocean, and glaciers :lol:  And that was on a clear, sunny day with no blizzards or snow cover obstructing your field of view btw.

I don't want to get into an argument over the graphics/FOV etc. of GTA 5 v. SA. But IMO the SA version of Blaine county was--and still is---far superior in immersion.  And especially when considering the scope when you factor in other SA countryside areas like Angel Pine, southern San Fierro etc. compared to GTA V.  R* really dropped the ball on this one :miranda:

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

It wouldn't have been any harder on the PS3 for them to simply not have roads cutting throught the tree areas. In fact it probably would be easier on the system.

That is true but what roads do you specifically think could be taken out?

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

I always figured the "forest" thing was some kind of joke, it's only a few acres, you can see the opposite edge of it from any side. It's woods, not a forest.

I agree. I think that Chiliad state wilderness is the most beautiful area in the countryside. It's a place that actually makes you feel isolated from civilization.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

This is where you're wrong. GTA 3 (the first from ps2 and not a spinoff according to you) also has vice city and San Andreas that somewhat intertwine with each other. LC and VC are mentioned in San Andreas, and LC is mentioned in VC. This is where you're correct.

But in V, niko is mentioned, and packie mcreary is in the game. Which makes V a spinoff. They called "GTAV" this for marketing purposes. It's really "GTA San Andreas ". But they would never call it that again.

PS4's next gen GTA will be the next completely new GTA. Like 3 and 4 were.
  • chaosbug45 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Wait; what's the difference?

I always thought that they were the same thing.

Paleto Forest is basically the small patch of trees between Paleto Bay and the cable car.

• Shah Sam likes this

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

3.NPCs are more smarter

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

The only somewhat ''foresty'' area in the game is south mount chiliad. The place you go where you can start the hunting missions as Trevor. It could have been a bit bigger and could have contained more trees, but at least this woodland area gives you the feeling of being isolated.

• Osho likes this

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

You mean if it actually looked like this?  :ph34r:

Trevor-Hunting-GTA-V.jpg

• theGTAking101 and ten-a-penny like this

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I don't doubt it could have been better, but there are in fact certain spots you go to that are really immersive and make you feel lost. My advice, switch off the radar.

• ten-a-penny and PkUnzipper like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Trevor-Hunting-GTA-V.jpg

Yes. BTW, the screen shows the south of mount chiliad( where you go for trevor's hunting missions). It still looks like that, despite many people saying that those trees in the screen were cut by rockstar since the release of that screenshot.

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by sibs44, 12 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Trevor-Hunting-GTA-V.jpg

Yes. BTW, the screen shows the south of mount chiliad( where you go for trevor's hunting missions). It still looks like that, despite many people saying that those trees in the screen were cut by rockstar since the release of that screenshot.

Well if it does look like this, then I guess I'll have to explore a bit more. Cool. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Trevor-Hunting-GTA-V.jpg

Well if it does look like this, then I guess I'll have to explore a bit more. Cool. 

Yes, you really should. That place is one of the finest places of V's countryside, if not the finest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users