Paleto Forest Discussion

632 replies to this topic
Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

I also hope GTA 6 or a Future Spinoff stict to the Realism and seriousness of GTA 4 and GTA 5 not the wacky and over-the-top fun and Overrated San Andreas,we dont need recycled Gangwars,Drugwars or stupid Sidemissions.GTA 6 should incorparate both the High Octane and Straight to the point missions of GTA 5 and also a Serious and Gritty(Emotional)way of GTA 4.Tbh the San Andreas fanboys need to stop with all this nonsense about gangwars and drugwars,and a need to have a San Andreas V2.0.I hope in a future GTA it so grounded to reality that we can fly planes or do stupid stuffs or even fly a plane.The fanboys do like San Andreas is the only game in the series,comeon there are 15 games in the series.without GTA 3,San Andreas wont happen,i think Vice City was better than it and i know alot of people that love the series and when you ask them the say Vice City.Even TLaD makes San Andreas feels like an abomination and a Saints Row Game,please the San Andreas vs GTA 5 needs to stop.

I know man, fun is so bad.

• gunziness likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by bikerman3, 26 December 2013 - 02:44 AM.

San Andreas was the Stupidity of the GTA Series that why the saints row series was a rip-off of it.
1.It has Dildos
2.Stupid recycled and boring Drugwars and Gangwars
3.Stupid myths about Aliens and bigfoot
4.Not even 1% of Realism,Jetpacks,hydraulics,too much wackiness
5.Bad Graphics for a 2004 game even Vice City has better graphics
6.Wack cheat codes
7.Dumb ass npcs unlike GTA 5
8.no cover system
9.now wanted system like GTA 4 and GTA 5
10.Too much gang stuffs makes it so boring,i see why Rockstar didnt do it for Franklin in GTA 5 plus Franklin hate that sh*t
Although it was a great game 10 years ago but by today standard GTA 5 sh*t all over it or let me say TLaD.sorry for being off topic OP

what's wrong with hydraulics 

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and The_Anti-tragedy like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

@replyit a great game and a Classic one but i hate when people compare an almost 10years old spin-off to a Main Game.San Andreas was great but did dont anything new or try to be unique,gangwars are overused and so boring,same is the 1 protagonist system and i am sure GTA 5 3 protags system is a new and great idea to games in future,atleast it break that traditional 1 protag system for once it makes us use 3 different people that we can switch to at anytime in real-time,people with different backgrounds,same is the Main focus on heists,for the first time in a GTA game we can plan did way we want to do the heist i.e A-break in B-silent way,those heists were not much but we so detailed and highly set up,you can get you crew and the more they are experience the more there are great,The Jewel Store heist and Blitz play are my best missions in video game history,and i hope Rockstar makes GTA Online heists also detailed like GTA 5.Then the Graphics and Visuals of this game is just mindblowing,the draw distance makes me think for a second how did Rockstar pull this off,i can be at Mt Chiliad and can be seeing LS from a distances,i think that why some people think San Andreas is bigger than GTA 5,then the mechanics are great,just like Gears of war 2 you can rodeo run and shoot or take cover,Rockstar even did what Gears of War didnt do by making you turn around a cover(I love it),I am sure with the 3 Protags system There is no need for an episodic expansions like TLaD and TBoGT,because we got 3 endings and i am sure Rockstar we make it great(i need an Alien Expansion for Michael though).and then the game was the Fastest selling game of all timd,earning 1bn in 3 days,7 Guiness record and 30ml copies.GTA Online have it problems since it inception in October but it great and unique to the openworld genre it terms of muliplayer,that mmo vibes and it own universe,you can do missions,jobs,TDM,DM,create your own stuffs with the Content Creator(which is still in Beta)i cant imagine the final version plus there is capture mode something you only find in FPS game,sure GTA Online has been a Flaw game since October but when Rockstar realise the potential it would definitely change openworld online gaming just like how GTA 3 change the genre forever.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Why do you keep calling SA a spinoff? Are you a moron?
  • Eutyphro, visionist, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 2 others like this

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

You people are great.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, Il_Tifossi and thejack0ff like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Because it is,it doesnt have a number after it like 1,2,3,4 or 5 instead it has a Subtitle(name).so you are the moron

Matty
  • Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

I agree, it would have been nice if the forest area in GTA V was similar to that of Tall Trees in Red Dead Redemption - though I guess the different time periods that Red Dead Redemption and GTA V are set in and the like has a lot to do with it too.

For example, it makes more sense to have a 'large' dense forest in Red Dead Redemption, being set in the early 20th century then it would in GTA V being set in the present day. Same can also be said for the animals situation. But I do nonetheless agree that it would have been great to have an actual forest/wilderness area in GTA V that didn't have roads or any other evidence of civilisation going through it.

• visionist likes this

Asunder
  • Asunder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by Asunder, 26 December 2013 - 03:39 AM.

San Andreas was the Stupidity of the GTA Series that why the saints row series was a rip-off of it.
1.It has Dildos
2.Stupid recycled and boring Drugwars and Gangwars
3.Stupid myths about Aliens and bigfoot
4.Not even 1% of Realism,Jetpacks,hydraulics,too much wackiness
5.Bad Graphics for a 2004 game even Vice City has better graphics
6.Wack cheat codes
7.Dumb ass npcs unlike GTA 5
8.no cover system
9.now wanted system like GTA 4 and GTA 5
10.Too much gang stuffs makes it so boring,i see why Rockstar didnt do it for Franklin in GTA 5 plus Franklin hate that sh*t
Although it was a great game 10 years ago but by today standard GTA 5 sh*t all over it or let me say TLaD.sorry for being off topic OP

Yeah okay.....

That's why people still talk about the SA in awe, they compare it to GTA V, and some even claim it's still better than V. Even though it's a 9-year old game. 
Who cares? San Andreas was amazing. So is V. But I can't play SA all the time. Don't think about what others feel about the game, it's what YOU think about it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

@Asunder
Nice Comment bro.I love This Legendary Franchise an all it 15 games even though i didnt play the 2d and Most of the 3d games but they are all great,San Andreas was great for it time,it not stupid(i was just angry with how the SA Fan boys behaves toward the other games in the series)but in 2013,It is seen as a classic.I love GTA 5 and i have been playing it since release day,to me it the best GTA game ever and best game of this generation.but San Andreas was a great spin-off to the series it actually influenced the gangster genre and it was what inspired saints row but pls SA Fan boys please just like GTA 5 for what it is and not what it isnt.
merry christmas everyone
  • Showstopper 26 and ten-a-penny like this

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

We won. Deal with it.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

I wish it had more forest like SA had.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Paleto bay is creepy at night,i was just there with Trevor,i had to kill myself with sticky bomb,the Forest my not be lush but it a great forest in this awesomd town of Paleto Bay

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thank you for returning to the topic.... the forest.

I've seen rest areas with more trees. Hardly a "forest" at all.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thank you for returning to the topic.... the forest.

I've seen rest areas with more trees. Hardly a "forest" at all.

No Problem,as a loyal fan i love the 3 Generations of the series(2d,3d,Hd) and i am excited for the future of this Legendary Series.(Sorry to be a bit off there).but yeah that because Paleto Bay is a Modern rural town unlike the Forest village in Red Dead Redemption

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Lets also keep in mind that the game can and did change over the course of development time. For all we know, Paleto Forest could have initially been much more dense. But due to framerate/pop in issues, they had to remove alot of the trees. Which is pretty evident when comparing earlier shots of the game to the final product, it's pretty clear that they had to remove lots of trees and other small details to make sure the game was running as well as they wanted it to. Personally I'm surprised the game runs as well as it does considering how much you can have going on at once. I have yet to see any noticeable drops in framerate. We should be glad that they gave us as many varied environments as they did, even if they might not be as perfect as we might like. Just my two cents on the subject.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Damn, I'm getting flashbacks of Tall Trees.

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well... I really expect a MODAf*ckIN' masterpiece Complete Edition with a HUGE map... LS, SF and LV... all connected. A real big deal desert, forest and real endless highways/freeways!

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

Proud Supporter of the Sick Filth Industry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well... I really expect a MODAf*ckIN' masterpiece Complete Edition with a HUGE map... LS, SF and LV... all connected. A real big deal desert, forest and real endless highways/freeways!

A man can only dream...

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Lets also keep in mind that the game can and did change over the course of development time. For all we know, Paleto Forest could have initially been much more dense. But due to framerate/pop in issues, they had to remove alot of the trees. Which is pretty evident when comparing earlier shots of the game to the final product, it's pretty clear that they had to remove lots of trees and other small details to make sure the game was running as well as they wanted it to. Personally I'm surprised the game runs as well as it does considering how much you can have going on at once. I have yet to see any noticeable drops in framerate. We should be glad that they gave us as many varied environments as they did, even if they might not be as perfect as we might like. Just my two cents on the subject.

You're partially right
Partially because those beautiful forest screenshots were probably taken from a PC/ next gen version

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

You're partially right
Partially because those beautiful forest screenshots were probably taken from a PC/ next gen version

Despite them being confirmed as taken from a PS3, like the trailers?

The trees were removed, to make things run better. Too many objects on screen would have punished the consoles, certainly in motion. Popping a camera into the world when there's nothing else going on wouldn't have been affected by performance. 

Whilst I would have loved a denser forest, I'm happier that the game runs smoothly on my playstation.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by Xerukal, 27 December 2013 - 06:04 PM.

You're partially right

The trees were removed, to make things run better. Too many objects on screen would have punished the consoles, certainly in motion. Popping a camera into the world when there's nothing else going on wouldn't have been affected by performance. 

Whilst I would have loved a denser forest, I'm happier that the game runs smoothly on my playstation.

Was it Rockstar that "confirmed" they were taken from a PS3? Rockstar has the ability and advantage of lying. Just like every other human being.

Remember when they said LA Noire wouldn't be coming to PC? That was fun. 

Oh, and when they expressed fascination with how well GTA IV ran on PC, that it performed "beautifully"? That was a riot, as well. 

These are all PC-oriented issues, of course. And I'm sure I'll get shat on for coming in here with my scorned PC pride and ruining the fun. 

But hey, the simple point I'm making is just the fact that there is a possibility that Rockstar lied about those screenshots. Just a thought. An "opinion". If that saves me from the flame. 

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

A man can only dream...

Who knows... maybe in GTAVI... hahahahha

Dreams become true when we believe.

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

playing Red Dead Redemption makes me want to pack my bags and go camping for a week.

• Hx1349 and theGTAking101 like this

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

You're partially right

The mentioned screenshots from forest were not taken from ps3 or Xbox 360 gameplay If We have to bet

In the worst scenario they were clearly ''manipulated''

Yeah, some tree has been removed to avoid rdr tall trees poor framerate etc.
But not so many...

Il_Tifossi
  • Il_Tifossi

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

LEL

dat Trevor mission where you go for elks with the redneck. Do you remember the teasers when we were all hyped up, noting the arrow with the wind direction and so on. We didn't notice goddamn highway 20 meters to the left.

Seriously, worst forest ever. And desert is sh*tty as well. I didn't think of a desert until i found out it is meant to be one. Then i was all like. LEL

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

The entirety of the wilderness is broken.

The desert is more like a sandlot than a full fledged desert.

The forest is more like a few trees along the side of the road.

The mountains are barren and ugly. No rocky cliffs or details save for the small ones asking zancudo.

Absolutely no vegetation anywhere. Massive open areas where there's nothing but flat terrain geometry.

In the prerelease screenshots there were a lot more trees and objects in the forests. And I think in GTA: Online there is less vegetation than in Single Player.

I won't be surprised if there might be an option in the PC version for vegetation.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

The entirety of the wilderness is broken.

The desert is more like a sandlot than a full fledged desert.

The forest is more like a few trees along the side of the road.

The mountains are barren and ugly. No rocky cliffs or details save for the small ones asking zancudo.

Absolutely no vegetation anywhere. Massive open areas where there's nothing but flat terrain geometry.

Agreed. Skyrim did it so much better.

Why do you make comparisons like this?

Skyrim is a COMPLETELY different game with a COMPLETELY different goal.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

People expecting lots of foliage on 8 year old consoles. lol

• ten-a-penny and TacoBane like this

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

GTA V lacks this kind of wilderness.
http://media1.gamein...Mountain610.jpg
  • Acetaminophen likes this

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

GTA 5 does not have more trees because of the consoles if GTA 5 is released for new gen or pc the game will look much better! they will add more trees and not have them 20 meter apart but every thing else in GTA 5 is great, i think the desert is awesome it is fun and it is a great size.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Because it is,it doesnt have a number after it like 1,2,3,4 or 5 instead it has a Subtitle(name).so you are the moron

Are you a joke? Games like LCS, VCS, Advance, Chinatown Wars, the DLC for IV, those are spinoffs, you flip friggin knob.

• JRC99, Showstopper 26 and theGTAking101 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users