Photo

Paleto Forest Discussion

222 replies to this topic
mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

imagine how nice Paleto forest would have been if rockstar did not put like 3 major roads running through the forest....MAJOR fail....I was thinking it was such a shame.....it really kills the feeling of being in the wilderness..... if you stand at any point in the forest, just by looking left or right you will see cars cruising, lol.....it's totally lame.

why rockstar? why?

• GutterMouthPWG, saintsrow, Tony. and 30 others like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

The entirety of the wilderness is broken.

The desert is more like a sandlot than a full fledged desert.

The forest is more like a few trees along the side of the road.

The mountains are barren and ugly. No rocky cliffs or details save for the small ones asking zancudo.

Absolutely no vegetation anywhere. Massive open areas where there's nothing but flat terrain geometry.
  • Blingy, GutterMouthPWG, visionist and 36 others like this

Vahnstad
  • Vahnstad

The Russian Bear

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Okay, it could be better, but you can't change anything of it, and rockstar did their best. You can't say it from activion ;)

• ten-a-penny likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'd say some parts of the map are wilderness-ey. You just gotta go in the right places.

• ten-a-penny and JRock462 like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

The mountains are barren and ugly. No rocky cliffs or details save for the small ones asking zancudo.

Absolutely no vegetation anywhere. Massive open areas where there's nothing but flat terrain geometry.

Agreed. Skyrim did it so much better.
  • latigreblue and TrevorEffingPhillips like this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

RDR, even with the dirt roads, have a massive and immersive forest that pass us a loneliness sensation. If the forests from V was a little bit like that... It would be awesome.

• saintsrow, Deadly Target, Anzand17 and 11 others like this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

Okay, it could be better, but you can't change anything of it, and rockstar did their best. You can't say it from activion ;)

We'll be able to change a lot of things when PC comes out. Just gotta wait.

• TacoBane likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Rockstar really ruined the forest areas of GTA V's map. They just did not feel expansive enough to be classed a proper forest. Tall Trees was not that big an area on RDR's map, but yet it felt like one continuous and dense patch of forest. A dark night in tall Tress always kept you in edge. The forest in V has nothing like this. 

• saintsrow, Tony., visionist and 5 others like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Rockstar really ruined the forest areas of GTA V's map. They just did not feel expansive enough to be classed a proper forest. Tall Trees was not that big an area on RDR's map, but yet it felt like one continuous and dense patch of forest. A dark night in tall Tress always kept you in edge. The forest in V has nothing like this. 

That's mainly because of the extremely common bears that instantly kill you.

• Tony., visionist, I<3GTAV and 3 others like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

I love how fixing this game is entirely up to PC once again. 

By fixing I mean just adding a lot of things. Still, it's just funny to me. 

Any day now, right? 

• visionist and Ferocious Banger like this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by esato, 26 December 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Tall trees have a fog... the sound of animals... the birds... all an atmosphere that cause the immersive sensation.

In V... we don't have an area that you really be alone, without people or car sounds.

• Tony. and visionist like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Tall trees have a fog... the sound of animals... the birds... all an atmosphere that cause the immersive sensation.

In V... we don't have an area that you really be alone, without people or car sounds.

Yep, that helps, but just like sharks while swiming in the middle of the ocean, those damn bears can make your ass grow teeth.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

1. Much improved from SA/IV, however huge potential is wasted here

2. Yeah desert is let down

3. Problem here is those roads around the "forest" and console limitations which not allow many objects to load at the same time

4. Mt Chiliad is actually rocky cliffs only high up (which is annoying because there is no any gap to go through)

5. Grass (not textures) was seen on every prerelease screenshot but removed to run the game without drops in FPS (console limitations)

I expected better countryside too :(

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yep, that helps, but just like sharks while swiming in the middle of the ocean, those damn bears can make your ass grow teeth.

The bears... and the cougars... the cougars... oh... I hate them!

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by Official General, 26 December 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Nah, not just the bears and other dangerous animals bro. It was just the general feel of the place at night - it really felt like you were alone and vulnerable just wandering around there. GTA V's forest does not have this feel, simply because it was not really a forest. 

• visionist and XmaulGamer like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 26 December 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Paleto forest would be nicer if there would be more animals. All I can find are Elks and (rarely) Mountain Lions and Coyotes. The forest just feels dead.

I don't really mind the cars. I can barely notice them anyway and are not much of a nuisance. When my car gets stuck up a tree, road is not far away so I just steal a new car and continue offroading.

• theGTAking101 and ten-a-penny like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

For me everything about GTA 5 is great regardless of it flaws plus i didnt have higher exceptations for the game.
1.Character Switching works Fluidly and a new thing to the series and genre
2.Graphics/Visuals and Details are great
3.NPCs are more smarter
4.Love the Wanted System and stealth system
5.Missions(especially the Heists)were fantastic and the planning were great and something new to the series
6.The Map is Big(for me)
7.Love the Strangers and Freaks
8.Minigames are fun,and i am now loving the Yoga
9.The Weapons are great,we got 4 types of pistols,3 types of shotgun,turret,different types of bombs,different types of body armor etc.
10.The Clothing varities are too much(GTA 5)especially for Franklin

I wasnt expecting or didnt want:
1.Gangwars like in San Andreas or TLaD,does are so boring
2.Drugwars(boring aswell)
3.Pool(i hate it in GTA 4)
4.Longer missions(that alone makes me hate Games)and GTA 5 did it perfectly with 69 missions which we quick and not over-the-top like San Andreas
5.Gambling(not needed)
6.Vigilante missions(God i hated it so much)
7.Fire ambulance missions from San Andreas(i didnt need it remembers me of play Saints row 2)
For me GTA 5 is the best of the 15 GTA games.
  • dyz and stjimmy3 like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Too much clothing lol?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

@reply
yeah for Franklin,he could get earring,over 100 pairs of glasses,too much jeans and sleeves...i got sick of changing or buying him clothes,same is Trevor,Michael is okay

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 26 December 2013 - 01:04 AM.

Any day now, right? 

It's your call but, if you give me the choice between GTA IV on PS3/X360 or on PC, the choice is damn easy.

Edit: Just thinking about what could have been made with RDR if it had got a PC version send shivers down my spine.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Any day now, right? 

It's your call but, if you give me the choice between GTA IV on PS3/X360 or on PC, the choice is damn easy.

Edit: Just thinking about what could have been made with RDR if it had got a PC version send shivers down my spine.

Man, I know, right? Limitless possibilities for so many beautiful mods...

Maybe Red Dead 3... maybe... 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

I also hope GTA 6 or a Future Spinoff stict to the Realism and seriousness of GTA 4 and GTA 5 not the wacky and over-the-top fun and Overrated San Andreas,we dont need recycled Gangwars,Drugwars or stupid Sidemissions.GTA 6 should incorparate both the High Octane and Straight to the point missions of GTA 5 and also a Serious and Gritty(Emotional)way of GTA 4.Tbh the San Andreas fanboys need to stop with all this nonsense about gangwars and drugwars,and a need to have a San Andreas V2.0.I hope in a future GTA it so grounded to reality that we can fly planes or do stupid stuffs or even fly a plane.The fanboys do like San Andreas is the only game in the series,comeon there are 15 games in the series.without GTA 3,San Andreas wont happen,i think Vice City was better than it and i know alot of people that love the series and when you ask them the say Vice City.Even TLaD makes San Andreas feels like an abomination and a Saints Row Game,please the San Andreas vs GTA 5 needs to stop.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Seriousness of GTA V lol?
  • Hx1349 and Xx-ADITYA-xX like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

@reply
Yeah i said,GTA 5 is 100x way serious than a wacky spin-off(subtitle game) San Andreas

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by zielarz119, 26 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

3.NPCs are more smarter
5.Missions(especially the Heists)were fantastic and the planning were great and something new to the series
6.Vigilante missions(God i hated it so much) - wtf you wasnt forced to them

3. Smarter than what?

5. There was less missions so they could make them better

8. ARE YOU TROLL? IF NOT, HOW MANY HOURS YOU DO YOGA DAILY?

6. Wtf you wasnt forced to them

• visionist, theGTAking101, chaosbug45 and 1 other like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

3.NPCs are more smarter
6.Vigilante missions(God i hated it so much) - wtf you wasnt forced to them

3. Smarter than what?
5. There was less missions so they could make them better
8. ARE YOU TROLL? IF NOT, HOW MANY HOURS YOU DO YOGA DAILY?
6. Wtf you wasnt forced to them

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

@reply
Yeah i said,GTA 5 is 100x way serious than a wacky spin-off(subtitle game) San Andreas

Bad troll is bad. Try again.
  • visionist likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

@reply
3.yeah GTA 5 NPCs are smarter than any GTA NPCs,for example:
1.They use their phones unlike Other GTAs
2.They Call the cops on you when you are commiting violences unlike unlike Other GTAs
3.They notice what around them i.e i bought a new car and an npc was praising it unlike other GTAs.
4.you can interact with then unlike other GTAs
5.They are more active i.e running,jogging,excercising,and even seeing f*cking hookers
i could continue but i am just tired of typing
@Showstopper26
How is that trolling? It looks like you dont like when people say sh*t about "Your best GTA of All Time,GTA San Andreas",i have the right to comment and that my opinion,fact GTA San Andreas was the Saints row of the series plus that was the game that influence saints row stupidity

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

San Andreas was the Stupidity of the GTA Series that why the saints row series was a rip-off of it.
1.It has Dildos
2.Stupid recycled and boring Drugwars and Gangwars
3.Stupid myths about Aliens and bigfoot
4.Not even 1% of Realism,Jetpacks,hydraulics,too much wackiness
5.Bad Graphics for a 2004 game even Vice City has better graphics
6.Wack cheat codes
7.Dumb ass npcs unlike GTA 5
8.no cover system
9.now wanted system like GTA 4 and GTA 5
10.Too much gang stuffs makes it so boring,i see why Rockstar didnt do it for Franklin in GTA 5 plus Franklin hate that sh*t
Although it was a great game 10 years ago but by today standard GTA 5 sh*t all over it or let me say TLaD.sorry for being off topic OP
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

San Andreas was the Stupidity of the GTA Series that why the saints row series was a rip-off of it.
1.It has Dildos
2.Stupid recycled and boring Drugwars and Gangwars
3.Stupid myths about Aliens and bigfoot
4.Not even 1% of Realism,Jetpacks,hydraulics,too much wackiness
5.Bad Graphics for a 2004 game even Vice City has better graphics
6.Wack cheat codes
7.Dumb ass npcs unlike GTA 5
8.no cover system
9.now wanted system like GTA 4 and GTA 5
10.Too much gang stuffs makes it so boring,i see why Rockstar didnt do it for Franklin in GTA 5 plus Franklin hate that sh*t
Although it was a great game 10 years ago but by today standard GTA 5 sh*t all over it or let me say TLaD.sorry for being off topic OP

Yeah okay.....

That's why people still talk about the SA in awe, they compare it to GTA V, and some even claim it's still better than V. Even though it's a 9-year old game. 

• visionist, Hx1349, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users