Photo

The Pagassi Family

6 replies to this topic
G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by G37, 25 December 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Was looking for another car to throw around as my daily and I always remembered having the utmost fun with the Infernus in the GTA games. So that got me thinking. I backed out into Story Mode and got me one of these bad boys. Fully modded, I tossed it around for a while putting it through my usual gauntlet of tests to come to a decision.

I have to say, it's as good as its ever been. I've read issues that it doesn't quite handle and corner as well as it should. I would have to strongly disagree. It handles both of those like I expect it to and it's quite competent at higher speeds. Didn't experience much happiness in the tail either. The braking ability was another aspect of the car that received a lot of criticism. I have to say there as well it isn't as bad as it's stated to be. It's really quite average - not confidence inspiring, but not bad either. I feel it's absolutely worthy of being in the "Super" class, especially considering its history in GTA - although I could live with better rearview styling. A minor complaint all in all. It truly is a "budget" Super car and can dance with the best of them.

Wheels were then put into motion that got me on about the Infernus' "baby brother", the "cow", the Vacca. The Infernus in my mind is a huge bargain for what you get, so I imagined the Vacca would be as well. Upfront I'll admit the overall styling of it is much more suitable to my tastes. I was eager to test one out in Story Mode as well.

After fully modding it and completing my trial runs with it - I walked away unsatisfied. According to its' stats anyway, it should behave like a "baby brother". I suppose that part is right, it does but I was left wanting more. For it's price all things considered, you get what you pay for, however it didn't handle as well as I thought it would, acceleration and top speed weren't incredibly impressive for the class either. From a standstill it also took quite a bit of time before it launched itself forward. What's more is I noticed it did not remain as poised as it should when swerving and it didn't take much at all for the tail to swing around to the point where it would throw you off course. Am I the only one who was left disappointed at the promise of this car? The Vacca in my mind behaves and deserves to the in the Sports category.

I was hopeful for something that didn't spawn on the streets and the styling had me at "hello". I wanted something I could toss around but the Vacca didn't inspire me to make room for it. In all honesty, the Feltzer and Coquette are still my top notch choices for drivability outside of the other Supers. I was looking for something "cheap" that I could add as a daily that would perform on their level or a tad higher. It did neither. It failed to meet my expectations. It's underwhelming to say the least.

I thought of adding the Infernus, but I don't quite see the point. I have an XF and then a Cheetah for that extra level of added goodness if ever needed (I like to baby my XF, only ever take it out for races).

What are your thoughts on the Vacca? The Infernus? 

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

The Vacca is absolute garbage, that much I know.

Lukejaii
  • Lukejaii

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

You have to be a good driver to get the best out of the Vacca, or you at least need to be able to drive that style of car

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

You have to be a good driver to get the best out of the Vacca, or you at least need to be able to drive that style of car

Then I guess i'm a sh*t driver. It's handling is off to me.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by G37, 25 December 2013 - 07:33 AM.

I would argue that it's more that it doesn't perform at the level it should for what it is. Like I said, I put it through my gauntlet to get a feel for it under a variety of situations and I was not impressed.

For example, the Comet is a superior vehicle in everything it does in comparison to it (at a fraction of the price), it's an elite Sports car. The Vacca is an underperforming Super car that doesn't belong there in my mind. I would expect the Vacca to excel given its' class territory as well as its' price point.

At the end of this response I'm actually considering a Comet instead. It would fit well with the Coquette and Feltzer.

• Murder Merlot likes this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Sold it once patch 1.08 kicked in and bought an Entity. The Entity handles and accelerates way better than the Infernus. But the Infernus has the best sound of all supers though.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Barry Spock, 27 December 2013 - 08:35 AM.

You can probably edit your thread title. It's Pegassi.

I got both recently. No pic of the Vacca yet. but here's my infernus.

11578800485_30667cf53d_o.jpg

I like the Vacca. I like its sound and gearing up sound.

The infernus is ok too. It seems a bit easier to drive than it was in IV.

They are what they are -- maybe you were expecting too much OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users