Quantcast

» «
Photo

"Holiday Gift Downloaded," now I can't load saves.

19 replies to this topic
xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Anyone else having this problem? Last time I loaded saves was on Friday night, but tonight I get on, I see "Holiday Gift Downloaded" when I get into the game, it will auto-load my main save but if I try to load any save, including the one I'm in, it will simply stop loading at some point and hang. The character art screens will stop changing, too, and it just loads forever.

I can exit and come back to my main save, or remove a save to have the next in line auto-load, but manually loading is not working at all.

Geez!!!

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yep started having the same issue around midnight, it seemed to work somewhat properly earlier in the day.

Also it seems like the traffic is kind of glitched compared to usual as well, it seems like less cars are on the road and less varied types as well.

It was a good thing they seemed to fix the thunderbolts and the health in the last patch, but it seems like it has caused some issues as well.

PartlySuperior
  • PartlySuperior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hey guys,

I just signed up because I saw this post and I'm having the exact same problem. My game was working 100% fine before the Holiday Gift Download happened earlier today and now no matter what I've tried I can't get a save file to load manually.

I've tried clearing my Xbox memory cache, deleted and reinstalled the entire game (including all save files), in order to start from scratch and after finishing the first mission Lamar and Franklin I tested to see if that had fixed it and it hasn't.

I've also tried to install the game disks onto a separate HDD to no avail. Same issue occurs. I'm pretty sure though that I've narrowed it down to something to do with online and being connected to Rockstar Social Club, as when I signed out of my profile and logged into another I was able to start the game from scratch and loading save files wasn't an issue.

I'm really hoping someone over at Rockstar can get this sorted soon. I was thoroughly enjoying the game experience until this happened. And I have now wasted half a day trying to trouble shoot the problem. And trust me, I've tried everything I could think of on my end and it definitely isn't my console or game disk as like I said it works under a different profile not registered with Rockstar Social Club.

I've been reading all the issues people have been having since he introduction of online and it sickens me to think that Rockstar is more concerned with focusing on the online side of things before fixing the single player side which is what sold the game to the masses to begin with.

I have filed a report with Rockstar Support in the hopes that they are aware of the issue and can resolve it soon, until then I recommend everyone who wants to be able to load old saves disconnect from the internet until it is fixed as that should solve the problem.

Cheers

Will

Drug Tino
  • Drug Tino

Yep, I've been drinking again

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yep, same here :/

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

New content  = something else messed up.  Fix something = something else messed up.  Rockstar = failures at GTA V engineering.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Also another issue is that changing clothes using Franklin can make him lose his beard or facial hair, haven't tried it with the other characters.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

The same thing started happening to me yesterday.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 25 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Figured out a solution. I had my playdisc installed to a flash drive and my install disc to the HDD. Once I moved the play disc to the HDD, my saves loaded. Swapped the install disc to the flash drive, everything still worked.

in short:

Play disc to Hard drive

Install disc to Flash drive/external

Installing both to the HD also fixed the problem for me. Still might be worth the loading issues because of DVD drive noise.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well it fixed itself (I'm on PS3), probably just needed to reboot the entire machine. Saves are now loading normally.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Mine did the same thing, it just stayed on the "Loading Story Mode". It was late last night but I think I either had to quit or manually restart Ps3. Anyway, finally upon starting the game again, I went through a few missions and finally met Trevor etc. So far now, the main save and individual saves seem to load fine.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Oops, nevermind, it still hangs when I load if I'm signed on to PSN.

If I play without signing on, it's fine.

Maybe it will end after Christmas?

konspirazytheory
  • konspirazytheory

A.K.A. David Liebe Hart

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:08 AM Edited by konspirazytheory, 26 December 2013 - 12:09 AM.

I was having the same problem earlier, so I figured to hop here and see if anyone else was having the same problem. Sure enough, R* mucked it up again. It has something to do with the Social Club, seeing as for PS3 users, once you sign out of PSN the problem disappears. Another disheartening glitch.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by KeepCalm and CarryGun, 26 December 2013 - 01:21 AM.

Same for me too, screen hangs while loading a previous game file (I'm on PS3 slim, 320gb)

Thought that either my PS3 laser or GTA disc was on the way out. Did a re-install of GTA, considered a de-frag, but left it. Problem persists. I was cacking my pants thinking my save games were corrupted (Noooooooooo!!!)

Turns out it's just an Xmas present from R*

Oh the weather outside is frightful, support from rockstar less delightful

Snow is nice, now fix my game you c*nts

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm pretty sure though that I've narrowed it down to something to do with online and being connected to Rockstar Social Club, as when I signed out of my profile and logged into another I was able to start the game from scratch and loading save files wasn't an issue.

Thanks for this. I've been frustrated for a while now because I need to load an old save to use the internet in online due to the other bug(internet crashing) that R* still hasn't fixed.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by Gigabomber, 26 December 2013 - 05:26 AM.

I'm going back and saying that it might be something with the internet or a recent patch as well as my saves went back to freezing after loading fine for a few hours.

This is the nature of this patching future we live in.

MichaelLyles
  • MichaelLyles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm having the same problem. Uninstalled game then re-installed. Still doing the same thing.

alex1369
  • alex1369

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

I was playing SP when i saw the message "chrismas gift downoaded"...
And i saved game after this and still works normaly. Probably cuz i never tried online.
But i dont have problem loading game

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

The problem for me is when I try to load an older save once the game has already been loaded. I get in, but I can't load or reload anything. Lots of other threads opening about this today.

diehardDanny
  • diehardDanny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by diehardDanny, 26 December 2013 - 06:38 PM.

I'm having the same issue, playing on PS3, single player only, have never attempted to flicker with the game files. Since Christmas I can't load previous saves, it just seems to load forever.

Also noticed that the savegames screen takes 5-10 seconds to load, it didn't do that before.

If you ask me, they implemented some kind of authentification so people don't use other ppls 100% savegames, but it looks like it has screwd up everything.

Edit: I just signed out of PSN and now I can load previous saves. However the Load Game screen took over 20 seconds to show my savegames.

MichaelLyles
  • MichaelLyles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

The problem for me is when I try to load an older save once the game has already been loaded. I get in, but I can't load or reload anything. Lots of other threads opening about this today.

@Gigabomber That's exactly what its doing to me. Xbox 360 slim w/ 250 GB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users