Photo

R*, I love you, but you dropped the ball

45 replies to this topic
Mix6APlix
  • Mix6APlix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

For not stopping this multi billion dollar bounty garbage. I mean this game had SUCH HUGE POTENTIAL, but now it's just a bunch of DBags driving around in tanks shooting anything that moves. Once players have that much money, there is no need for missions, no need for selling cars, all it does is fully empower them to be idiots just going around ruining the gaming experience for anyone else. As a long time gamer (I remember the orange button on Atari...), I have to say I am shocked and dismayed that you let your gaming universe dissolve so quickly. Honestly, heists aren't even out, and by the time they are, if they ever do, no one will care because they have more money than they will ever need. Blizzard would never have let this happen. They would have shut down online, and fixed the problem, instead of letting it fester like an open wound. Hopefully you learn your lessons, and I look forward to GTA 6, but the way it is now is just absolutely ludicrous. Again, great game, but embarrassingly poor online management. Cheers, and Merry Christmas.

• Choco Taco, Anzand17, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 9 others like this

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Are you new around here? because there have been so many topics about this, they are money wh*res, we get it, they fcked up, we get it, are they going to give a single flying fck about their customers? No, of course they arnt, they hyped everyone up for best gta game ever, and its a piece of sh*t compared to others. thats the end of that.

• Anzand17 and 17th like this

Mix6APlix
  • Mix6APlix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

This is the first time I have ever felt the need to post here. I have played every GTA since the top down view ones. I'm not sure which exactly, but circa 94ish. I would argue about its standing amongst the others. I thought story mode was fantastic, much better than the prepackaged tripe that get shown to people at movie theatres these days. SA was always my favorite, and quite frankly, I think this is better than SA. It feels just like it, and I love the gameplay. Until the last week or so, I really enjoyed the online mode as well. The last month or two is the first time in 6 years that I let my WoW account expire and not renew. I'm not trying to just be a whiny complainer, just wanted to put it out there that I hope they learn from their mistakes, and again, in 3-4 years when GTA6 comes out, of course I'll buy it. Hopefully they get it together and patch these errors. Just my $.02.

• D1RTY® and Timely like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Agreed. V is a turd.
  • Anzand17, theGTAking101 and nobum62 like this

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Solution: f*ck online. 

• theGTAking101 and TwasthedaybeforeGTAV like this

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

This'll get locked, but I agree. With online I was like -- "this sucks," then "well, maybe for dicking around," now I'm back to "wow, what a waste." Centering online around making money just invited exploits and brought the worst out in players.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Online was free. Paid for by those who bought V. Why should they care?

Mix6APlix
  • Mix6APlix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

And how to level 33 players get to buy tanks now?  Is it just a big old free for all now? Great job R*. Glad I spent so many hours leveling.

And if at 33 players can just go buy tanks, why can't I buy RPGs or a Minigun at 89. Great. Brav-Fn-O.

• madmanaz likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by madmanaz, 25 December 2013 - 06:00 AM.

I actually agree with OP. I was playing today, just reached level 33. I don't play often. I was enjoying flying through the snowfall and decided to parachute to my apartment. The plane randomly hit some kid with a $9.9M bounty on his head which granted me the money.

Mind you, $9M isn't THAT much. But it is enough to where I could, if I chose, buy a tank and set bounties on random people I've never met before.

Instead, I bought one decent car and haven't spent a dime. I was test driving said car when some fallic faced bafoon blows me up with his tank. I called Moors Mutual, cost me $10k to get my car back! Not one penny for Douche McGee in his precious armoured tardtank.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

You are very unique, I haven't heard anyone say this yet. I Know you may feel alone and sad but you came to the right place where alot of others feel the same way. Now you can share with others of your unique experience.

Tis the season to complain.

Note: This is just a beta, they already said that before they released the online version. They might have not directly said "This is beta game" But they did say something along the lines "Bear with us guys, there will be alot of bugs and sh*t online"  That's a fancy way of saying "This is a beta".

Also complaining about a beta is like complaining about how ugly a "work in progress" house. There's a reason why a work in progress house is ugly, just like there's a reason for beta sucking so bad.

Just saying

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

You are very unique, I haven't heard anyone say this yet. I Know you may feel alone and sad but you came to the right place where alot of others feel the same way. Now you can share with others of your unique experience.

Note: This is just a beta, they already said that before they released the online version. They might have not directly said "This is beta game" But they did say something along the lines "Bear with us guys, there will be alot of bugs and sh*t online"  That's a fancy way of saying "This is a beta".

Also complaining about a beta is like complaining about how ugly a "work in progress" house. There's a reason why a work in progress house is ugly, just like there's a reason for beta sucking so bad.

Just saying

You need to get C***Stars D**K out of your mouth and realize the OP is RIGHT.  The ENTIRE point of online was about EARNING money.  Go back and watch the online trailer and you'll hear it said.

Before I claimed a $2Bil bounty I was playing GTA Online quite a bit, since I claimed a $2Bil I have hardly been online playing. I get online to do some races and death matches every once in a while.. but then I get bored very quickly. And with nothing else for me to buy or unlock online, there is no reason for me not to sell my copy.  

But here's the thing, R* doesn't care. They already trolled enough people to make themselves a whole lot of money..... I'm ok with though, I played GTA V and it made me happy.... now I'm moving onto my next video game, and then I'll move on to another one after that and so on and so on.   

The only part I might care a little bit about is that I was really hoping GTAO would keep me occupied for a lot longer.... but since the $2Bil bounty, it cannot.  

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I really hated the idea of the whole making money and leveling system they put on this. I was just hoping for a nice free mode session like in GTA 4 where you could go wherever you wanted to go and do whatever you wanted to do. I was pretty disappointed when I realized I had to level up to achieve certain planes or helicopters and get certain weapons.  I think it would be more fun if they just kept it like GTA 4 for the most part. 

Although I think they should keep the missions because those are something to do when you get bored in free mode. 

• kvic and Cutter De Blanc like this

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

If I find someone else online who is interested in playing I check that it's not a sign of the apocolypse.

Online is totally screwed now.  It's only good for f**king about.  So much potential wasted.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's a game I have to earn money in real life I don't want to spend hours in a game earning money ,how many apartments does one need ,go back to GTA 4's online let's just have fun.

IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Oh man how I hate this idiotic community. I'm active on many forums but never have i seen someone as retarded as some (actually, alot) of the posters here. "Let's go back to GTA IV online". You c*nts would have bitched that "Cockstar" or however you call it to please yourself, is greedy and doesn't care about the gamers. No matter what Rockstar does your statement will stay the same, because you only look into the negatives while completely ignoring the positives.
  • D1RTY® and Osho like this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oh man how I hate this idiotic community. I'm active on many forums but never have i seen someone as retarded as some (actually, alot) of the posters here. "Let's go back to GTA IV online". You c*nts would have bitched that "Cockstar" or however you call it to please yourself, is greedy and doesn't care about the gamers. No matter what Rockstar does your statement will stay the same, because you only look into the negatives while completely ignoring the positives.

You can always leave ,if you want EVERYONE to agree and have no opinions then start your own forum somewhere so you can kick out anyone who doesn't see it your way. There are a lot of thing's here I don't agree with but I wouldn't come into the discussion and call people (idiotic) .

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

This is just why I keep saying that GTA is not suited to this big, sophisticated online MP bullsh*t. They should have just kept the MP simple like they did in GTA IV. 

When it comes to extra gameplay and in-game features, Rockstar should first focus 90% of it's time, efforts, skills, and resources to perfecting them in the SP, and the remaining 10 % on MP, not the f**king other way around. 

• kvic, GúnZinEss, Choco Taco and 5 others like this

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

I dont care about online gaming, had the 360 since 2007 and NEVER been a Gold member.

As a single player game GTAV is among my favourite games ever. I was definately very disappointed with GTAIV back in 2008....as that was extremely over-rated for a game that had virtually all the fun factor of previous GTAs removed. TBOGT slightly remedied it but was kind of too little too late.

GTAV though I have had endless fun on it, and still get the urge to have a good session on it even after getting 100% and all the single player achievements (except the 70 Gold medal one).

Can honestly say I never got this after beating the main GTAIV game.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare along with GTAV have been fantastic experiences from Rockstar.

Istoned
  • Istoned

I give the best gifts.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just saying

You need to get C***Stars D**K out of your mouth and realize the OP is RIGHT.  The ENTIRE point of online was about EARNING money.  Go back and watch the online trailer and you'll hear it said.

Before I claimed a $2Bil bounty I was playing GTA Online quite a bit, since I claimed a $2Bil I have hardly been online playing. I get online to do some races and death matches every once in a while.. but then I get bored very quickly. And with nothing else for me to buy or unlock online, there is no reason for me not to sell my copy.  

But here's the thing, R* doesn't care. They already trolled enough people to make themselves a whole lot of money..... I'm ok with though, I played GTA V and it made me happy.... now I'm moving onto my next video game, and then I'll move on to another one after that and so on and so on.   

The only part I might care a little bit about is that I was really hoping GTAO would keep me occupied for a lot longer.... but since the $2Bil bounty, it cannot.  

Why are you blaming R* for YOU killing a guy with a 2 billion bounty? Isn't it optional?

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Drop the ball! Wubwubwubwubwub

In all seriousness tho, I do somewhat agree. Online is just a shiny object that attracts people then R* release a shiny DLC that everyone would want to buy. More money a day makes R* say, yay! :/

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

@rubix99
GTA is a Storied-base Franchise and all the 15 games have great storyline,especially the Hd Era Games,GTA 4 had a action-based storyline,and it was great same was TLAD and TBOGT was over-the-top Fun and also Action mixed,GTA 5 had a high-octane heists Storyline,I love it and played the Storyline 3 times,but for a 16 year old Franchise that had spanned 3 Generations(PS1,PS2 and PS3)th series have definitely evolved and yes it needs Online,come to look at it GTA and Elder Scrolls started in the 90s(1994 and 1997)and Elders Scrolls also is going Online with Elder Scrolls Online,GTA Online is the Online Evolution of the Series although GTA will still be Singleplayer.GTA Online is just 2months old and millions are playing it regardless of all it problems plus remember it still in it early stage,it not f*cked up and i believe on next-gen alot of audiences will be attracted to it,and it ambitious because it the 1st Openworld MMO of it kind.so people before you start a topic you should know GTA 5 and GTAO are separate things.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by cutter666, 25 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

I have been playing 100% legit since day one.then 3 days ago 4 random people gave me a combined total of 2 billon in less th en an hours time.
Honestly, not much has changed at all.
Still gotta race to upgrade cars.still gotta level up to get that rpg ect.
I think R* seen this coming and put level sensitive locks on things to keep things fair(ish?).
So 2Billon and I'm still living in the same apt. Drive the same vehicles (not into super cars) and pretty much play the same way as I always have.only difference is I don't have to worry/grind for money anymore..
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by seventonblade, 25 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I have been playing 100% legit since day one.then 3 days ago 4 random people gave me a combined total of 2 billon in less th en an hours time.
I think R* seen this coming and put level sensitive locks on things to keep things fair(ish?).
So 2Billon and I'm still living in the same apt. Drive the same vehicles (not into super cars) and pretty much play the same way as I always have.only difference is I don't have to worry/grind for money anymore..

That's called actually enjoying the game for what it is; you're intrinsically-motivated.  Seems to me like the ones who lose all enjoyment after being given a ton of money are doing so because they're extrinsically-motivated to play the game; they're more motivated towards getting that end reward (grinding; leveling their character; getting more GTA$ to buy things with, etc.), and because of it, the activity in itself actually becomes less enjoyable for a lot of them than if there was no useful reward (and nothing to use that reward to get another reward, such as the stuff you can buy with your rewarded GTA$), as proven by how many of them simply find the activity boring without any reward, since without it, all motive is lost.  It's something called the overjustification effect; google it.  It wouldn't be such an issue if Rockstar hadn't put such an emphasis on money/leveling (i.e. if it were more like GTA IV's multiplayer), though I don't think Online's playbase would be as large; the grind can be heavily addicting for some.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Are you new around here? because there have been so many topics about this, they are money wh*res, we get it, they fcked up, we get it, are they going to give a single flying fck about their customers? No, of course they arnt, they hyped everyone up for best gta game ever, and its a piece of sh*t compared to others. thats the end of that.

How else are people meant to spread the message? Rockstar clearly haven't learned and aren't taking the fans advice. He is true though. By the time heists are out, they will be pointless. The hackers have ruined the game and the reputation of GTA V and Rockstar. We'll look back on this as one of the worst online experiences. To be fair, I'm not looking forward to GTA 6. I might not even purchase the game due to the amount of silly errors which occurred in this game.

• nobum62 likes this

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Im sure R* is gonna fix this.
If for no other reson to sell there shark cards.
This is clearly a matter of cause and effect.
R* cut the job payouts to all jobs so people will buy there shark cards.
In retaliation, hackers made everyone billionaires so no one would have too.
Its funny really..

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm not a billionaire.  I'm only a humble multi millionaire.

R* needs to put in some type of benefits system fo rthose of us who are less fortunate.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

To be honest, I'm fine with have $1,000,000,000 in my bank because I don't have to worry about running out of cash or not having enough to afford upgrades for my cars or weapons. Now, I'm just levelling up to unlock more content (I'm level 51). 

It's a double edged sword ofcourse because now that you have almost everything, what is there to buy? 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

This is just why I keep saying that GTA is not suited to this big, sophisticated online MP bullsh*t. They should have just kept the MP simple like they did in GTA IV. 

When it comes to extra gameplay and in-game features, Rockstar should first focus 90% of it's time, efforts, skills, and resources to perfecting them in the SP, and the remaining 10 % on MP, not the f**king other way around. 

WELL SAID.

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

If you're complaning about GTAO then you've got sh*t friends.

Go home children, time for bed x

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you're complaning about GTAO then you've got sh*t friends.
Go home children, time for bed x

If you rely on online gaming to just socialize with friends, or to meet people to have a good time, then your life is sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users