39 replies to this topic
Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

Probably.

There are still 3 cities to be made in HD era.

[SF/LV/VC]

Spoiler

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

and Carcer City ofc

Man, I want a Manhunt 3 so bad. It would be amazing on the RAGE.

• JStarr31 likes this

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

I feel like next-gen GTA's will be considered HD era since its is technically HD, nothing really different except tighter resolution. This includes VI, VII or whatever until this type of "HD experience" is over. With that, I think next-next-gen may offer a new continuity, the XD Universe if you will, starring (hoping) the lesser cities in the forefront (at least IMO).

XD Universe:
First they start off with Carcer City (so we can FINALLY know what city it's based off of, f*cking R*).

Second, they should do Cottonmouth as a rendition of New Orleans with countryside and swamp. Small towns and the what-have-you scattered throughout.

Then last, the end all be all return to Anywhere City!!! A post-apocalyptic future rendition of Detroit!!!! Half Mad Max. Half Total Recall. Imagine the irony and satire of a Detroit being a sci-fi Total Recallesque city built and run by innovators and pioneers of the most advanced futuristic technologies and transportation yet surrounded by exaggerated poverty With people living Mad Max/Warriors style......set in the near future.

E...P...I...C

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

The HD Universe would remain there up until R* says it's time to have a new timeline.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but maybe it's time Rockstar collaborated with an outside studio or brought in some fresh talent. They've clearly lost their touch and I quiver thinking how much more they can gut and cut moving forward. This cannot be the same Rockstar from SA glory days.

Do you do anything but c*m yourself over the "San Andreas glory days". It seems as if nothing more with the series matters to you; not GTA 1, not GTA III, not Vice City, just stupid old San Andreas.

Please explain what is so bad about San Andreas?

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

What would that be 3D, virtual reality, ultra-HD, smell-o-vision? I think the HD universe is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.

I'm guessing SD, or Smart Definition. I can guarantee someone will implement GTA into Smart TVs just like how you used to be able to play space invaders just by plugging something into the back of your TV in the "olden days".

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Andreas, 25 December 2013 - 11:28 AM.

The HD-era does not necessarily end with the end of the console cycle. The era ends when Rockstar thinks they are done with all characters they've introduced with each new title. This may or may not be the case with GTA VI, or however the next game will be called.

That's not his point, his point is that certain people around here only think about San Andreas when they hear about Grand Theft Auto, or they think it's the only amazing GTA. San Andreas here, San Andreas there. But, this is not the game, which made the series so popular in the first place and it certainly isn't the only great game Rockstar made. What about the games prior the days of SA, you know, like, GTA III, Vice City or the top-down view GTAs? Were these games not great? Or what about GTA IV? Did it not bring vast improvements to the series?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

The HD-era does not necessarily end with the end of the console cycle. The era ends when Rockstar thinks they are done with all characters they've introduced with each new title. This may or may not be the case with GTA VI, or however the next game will be called.

That's not his point, his point is that certain people around here only think about San Andreas when they hear about Grand Theft Auto, or they think it's the only amazing GTA. San Andreas here, San Andreas there. But, this is not the game, which made the series so popular in the first place and it certainly isn't the only great game Rockstar made. What about the games prior the days of SA, you know, like, GTA III, Vice City or the top-down view GTAs? Were these games not great? Or what about GTA IV? Did it not bring vast improvements to the series?

How about the chronically under-rated games of Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories, Andreas? I thoroughly enjoyed both of those games as well as SA, VC, III, II the seemingly forgotten London expansion packs in addition to the genesis game Grand Theft Auto.

Cheers. :santa:

• Andreas likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

According to an Interview,Leslie Benzies said they have 45 years of ideas for this Legendary Franchise(including GTA 6)...and Dan Houser said in an interview that the series wont return to London,I think Old Fan will remember(London 1969 and 1961)back in the 2D days plus he said GTA is not have to revisit it Main Locations,so i wouldnt be surprise if they reimagine Liberty City as a whole state by the time the series enters the 5th Generation or Era.I am sure they would definitely redo Liberty City or Re Fleshed out the state of Alderney,for a 16 years old series that have spanned 3 Generations,i am excited for the future of this Legendary series,whether it a universe shared by GTA and GTA Online

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Great comment i have seen since i joined the Forum.and you are right,not everyone likes San Andreas(myself included),prior to it,GTA 3 change the Series and the genre overall and the Hd Era GTAs were the best thing to happen after GTA 3 and remember San Andreas is not in the Main Series it a Subtitle Game(Spinoff)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users