End of the HD universe?

39 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Gta had different universes (3D,HD etc) so do you think gta 6 will be set in a new universe ? If it is, then the events of gta 4 and 5 would have never happened and characters like niko, micheal, franklin would have never existed. Your thoughts?

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

I think it will stay in the HD universe because.. I just think so. Imagine GTA VI in 3D tho :O

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

What would that be 3D, virtual reality, ultra-HD, smell-o-vision? I think the HD universe is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.

• Startug likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

They will probably stay withing this universe for a while. They still have a lot of cities they can remake in HD, and they don't really connect the stories as much as they did in 3D universe so that allows them to have more freedom with the writing, something they didn't have in 3D era after all those games.

• F4L? likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Nah it HD for another 5 years,i hope we dont get a 4th Universe or Era yeat,this Era(Universe)is already iconic like the Legendary 2D and 3D Era,i will cry if Rockstar discontinue it.but maybe the 4th Universe could be a link of 3D and HD

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

No, i think that the HD universe is the last. all upcoming games will be set here.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

@Target13Productions
Yeah bro i am thinking the same but when a spinoff or a Main GTA is released,Rockstar might subdivide the HD Era(Universe) to accomodate more timeline,i hope a Spinoff GTA that takes places before GTA 4 and 5,maybe an Hd Era Vice City in the 80s

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Will the evolution of GTA ever get to the point where it truly references earlier incarnations?

For example, in GTA 6, playing as the main protagonist (lets call her Jane ;)) will we get to use a PC ingame to play as Nico, who happens to be playing a simulated version of the game controlling Claude, who gets then gets the opportunity to play a dated top-down game about car theft?

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

i wouldn't mind an HD topdown version

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Console users... you have 3D, Ocolus Rift, 4K, 8K
Rockstar have stupid name for universe.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

@last reply
how is 2d,3d and Hd Era Stupid names?

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:20 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 25 December 2013 - 01:20 AM.

Let's make it clear that the HD Universe is just a name. It isn't tied to the HD era, if it takes 20 years for XD to arrive then we won't be stuck in the HD era for all that time, we will jump over to another continuity when Rockstar is done with this world and wants to tell another story, whenever that is. Some of the posters take the name way to literally. 

I think it's very likely that GTA VI will feature a different continuity again, but I think it's also equally likely that R* has at least one other story to tell in this universe. I don't think we'll get a new one until they want to reuse Liberty or San Andreas again, and I reckon that'll be a while. 

• Matty likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 25 December 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Gta had different universes (3D,HD etc) so do you think gta 6 will be set in a new universe ? If it is, then the events of gta 4 and 5 would have never happened and characters like niko, micheal, franklin would have never existed. Your thoughts?

Maybe 10 years from now if console games can be played in native 4K they'll call it ultra-HD, that's if they decide to keep GTA around for that long =P

But I wouldn't hold my hopes high. So until then, HD Universe it is.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

No, i think that the HD universe is the last. all upcoming games will be set here.

This ^

I think it will be this universe for a while. Since the hd era is more realistic and less cartoony, mainly due to the graphics. But it already looks realistic right now, the graphics will improve ofcourse, but they won't change as much as they did since the III-era.

Eventually they will move on and visit Los Santos again in again another universe, but I guess they'll stick with this universe for a while.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

jarredxmorris is correct in saying that "3D universe", "HD universe", etc are just names and not at all tied with the current and next gen consoles; and I also tend to agree that the next GTA title, which more likely than not will be released on next generation consoles, will be in an entirely new universe not at all tied to the current HD (GTA IV, V) universe despite being in HD resolution like GTA IV, and GTA V.

Furthermore, if you look through past GTA releases - games (GTA 1, 2) that were initially released on the 5th generation consoles (PS1) are all in one universe. Games (GTA III, VC, SA, etc) initially released on the 6th generation of consoles (PS2, Xbox) are all set in another universe. Same again of course for games (GTA IV, V) initially released on 7th generation consoles (PS3, Xbox 360) which are set in yet another universe. I think this trend will continue with any future GTA title initially released on next gen consoles as well.

With that being said, Rockstar have stated they intend for GTA Online to be a long term project and eventually hope to add new cities and everything to it, likely through future GTA releases. I think GTA Online will continue to remain in the current HD universe - even if the single-player storymode of future (next-gen) GTA titles are set in a different universe. Could be wrong though.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

The amount of effort put into the construction of Southern San Andreas is far too great to make Rockstar start from the scratch again. So what I pretty much envision is that most of the props we currently see will not change dramatically for future GTA games in the same setting (except for higher polycounts, etc). Rockstar however might reinterpret some of the layout and further extend the landscape of the urban and rural areas.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I would like to see some crossovers in the next game personally, that'd be interesting.

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

The next universe should be 4K. And we shouldn't see that until the consoles after PS4 and X1.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

@Matty
I said the same thing early on but as i said before the Hd Era(Universe)will live on,and maybe when the series is entering it 4th Generation(Ps 4/Xb1)the Hd Era will evolve and GTA Online is definitely in it own universe right now but Rockstar havent confirm it.so far the series only have 3 Era Corresponding to the 3 Generation it has spanned(2D-PS1,3D-PS 2/Xbox,HD-PS 3/Xb360)and it makes absolute perfect sense and it keeps the already Iconic and Legendary Franchise Fresh

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Just imagine if they went back to the classic view, the overhead view.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by Themonsterhunter, 25 December 2013 - 02:31 AM.

I guess they could do a 3D universe, but that would be pretty pointless. We'll probably stay with HD for a good while.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

It's not a 3D or HD universe, they just want to make games with whatever ideas they come up with and not really caring of timelines.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

I hope they keep the HD universe, there's so much more to explore and it would be nice to see some more familiar faces and the fate of Niko.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but maybe it's time Rockstar collaborated with an outside studio or brought in some fresh talent. They've clearly lost their touch and I quiver thinking how much more they can gut and cut moving forward. This cannot be the same Rockstar from SA glory days.
  • Anzand17 likes this

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

@Target13Productions
Yeah bro i am thinking the same but when a spinoff or a Main GTA is released,Rockstar might subdivide the HD Era(Universe) to accomodate more timeline,i hope a Spinoff GTA that takes places before GTA 4 and 5,maybe an Hd Era Vice City in the 80s

I hope those were seperate thoughts. Gta 4 is in 2008 i believe so the 80's wouldnt be in between that and V

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

You don't think virtual reality gta will sell? Jesus, the very thought makes me want to spends hundreds

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but maybe it's time Rockstar collaborated with an outside studio or brought in some fresh talent. They've clearly lost their touch and I quiver thinking how much more they can gut and cut moving forward. This cannot be the same Rockstar from SA glory days.

Do you do anything but c*m yourself over the "San Andreas glory days". It seems as if nothing more with the series matters to you; not GTA 1, not GTA III, not Vice City, just stupid old San Andreas.
  • ActionBronson and TaviColen123 like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'm pretty sure all future games will be considered the HD universe.  If not, I'll just move on like I did with the 3D to HD universe transition, by just saying "Ok".

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

Like everyone else is saying, I think this will be the last time Rockstar reboots the series. I mean think about it, the 2D Era was the first time. Then they redid Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas for the 3D Era. Now, so far with the HD Era they've redone Liberty City and Los Santos. They still have San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Vice City to do.

I swear I saw in an interview with Dan Houser talking about IV, how IV's Liberty City is the way they always imagined it in their heads. IV's Liberty City is the Liberty City. I think it will be the last time they redo the city, and I'm sure the same can be said for Los Santos. He said they don't want to stop until they've simulated the outside world.

Rockstar is putting a lot of effort and detail into the cities now, to the point where areas are highly recognizable but still have an original design. They gather traffic data, population data, census reports, send out teams to map out the city and landmarks, interview locals - the list goes on. I honestly believe this will be the last time they redo the cities - and then they'll finally move onto some new ones.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

I think GTA 6 will be in the 4K/UHD Universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users