Photo

Will we ever see Niko again?

52 replies to this topic
GTA V Secrets and Myths
  • GTA V Secrets and Myths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

He was by far my favourite Character in the gta series (much better than Gta V's protags) I know his VO is in bad terms with R* but I hope to see him in another gta game. Do you think he will make an apperance in the future?

PROBABLY NOT!!!!!!!!!!111 Actually,I am not sure,but I did see a comment that states,"no,because of the voice actor". I can probably agree,but I don't know for sure. Actually,Michael Hollick probably is alive,maybe he quit,but we don't know for sure.

Ray
  • Ray

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Most likely not, although there will probably be occasional references to him (Lester mentioned him in the prep work of the Jewelry Store Heist) and if we're lucky, a very, very small cameo.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

Lil Jacob 27, on 24 Dec 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

He was by far my favourite Character in the gta series (much better than Gta V's protags) I know his VO is in bad terms with R* but I hope to see him in another gta game. Do you think he will make an apperance in the future?

No, he was a boring piece of trash character, so no thanks .

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Yeah. Maybe they'll kill him off for the lols like they did with Johnny to promote their new, inconsistent, sh*tty characters. 

Niko will inexplicably develop a drug problem, take Carmin or some other destructive girlfriend out west (for some reason we can't identify) and get his head stomped in by Franklin.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

Play GTA Online and select Niko as your parents.

bada bing bada boom.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

If Rockstar ever kills Niko off in one of their games, I will never touch a single video or even a picture of that game or any future one. Niko is the best protag of the GTA Series ever, killing him would make many people stop playing the newer GTA's. I hope Niko might return in some GTA, but not as a major character, a minor appearance like, Meet Niko to get some information about the target, would be pretty much acceptable.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

If Rockstar ever kills Niko off in one of their games, I will never touch a single video or even a picture of that game or any future one. Niko is the best protag of the GTA Series ever, killing him would make many people stop playing the newer GTA's. I hope Niko might return in some GTA, but not as a major character, a minor appearance like, Meet Niko to get some information about the target, would be pretty much acceptable.

If there's one gta protag that deserves to live, its Niko. He suffered the most out all protags so doesn't he at least deserve to retire in peace?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

If there's one gta protag that deserves to live, its Niko. He suffered the most out all protags so doesn't he at least deserve to retire in peace?

Indeed he does. There is also one protag who deserves to die, namely, it's Claude. He is the complete opposite of Niko.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'd like to see a small cameo that somewhat reveals how he turned out, but nothing big, he most likely gave up criminal life after that traumatic experience in Liberty.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hopefully he'll appear. And hopefully he won't end like Johnny...

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'd like to see a small cameo that somewhat reveals how he turned out, but nothing big, he most likely gave up criminal life after that traumatic experience in Liberty.

Yeah, same here. It would be totally wrong if we had to kill someone for him, because it doesn't seem like he would continue on with crimes. I just hope that R* doesn't kill him.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, same here. It would be totally wrong if we had to kill someone for him, because it doesn't seem like he would continue on with crimes. I just hope that R* doesn't kill him.

I really don't think they would have the guts to.

GTA IV haters look away.

Niko is one of the most popular protagonists in the series. In every poll I've seen here over the years he consistently ranks up the top. I think killing him off would cause unrest within the fanbase. Maybe R* were planning to use Niko instead of Johnny in GTA V, but dropped the idea knowing how much controversy it would cause among fans?

In saying that it all matters on the type of death. If he died a hero's death more people would be able to take that on board. If he got crapped on like Johnny that would piss off a lot of people.

• I<3GTAV and Jeansowaty like this

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

I love Niko! But to see him again would be short lived...I mean, look what they did to Johnny K. They would screw up Niko's character like they did JK, and R* would probably kill him off.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

I really don't think they would have the guts to.

GTA IV haters look away.

Niko is one of the most popular protagonists in the series. In every poll I've seen here over the years he consistently ranks up the top. I think killing him off would cause unrest within the fanbase. Maybe R* were planning to use Niko instead of Johnny in GTA V, but dropped the idea knowing how much controversy it would cause among fans?

In saying that it all matters on the type of death. If he died a hero's death more people would be able to take that on board. If he got crapped on like Johnny that would piss off a lot of people.

Nah, I think they always pictured Johnny as being the one to introduce Trevor and show how insane he is. It made a lot more sense for Johnny to be on meth and back in Los Santos.

Stratocastor15
  • Stratocastor15

Kraff's Disciples Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

yes they do. SPOILERS FOR NON-GTA TITLES BELOW.

Spoiler

^This.  I agree, they have a major hard-on for killing off the protags.

IMO, I don't think we'll see Niko again in the future, and if we do, it will most likely be him being killed off.  I'd love to see him make a return, but if R* is only going to bring him back to piss us off by killing him, then forget it.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Spoiler

IMO, I don't think we'll see Niko again in the future, and if we do, it will most likely be him being killed off.  I'd love to see him make a return, but if R* is only going to bring him back to piss us off by killing him, then forget it.

Why the hell does everyone keep saying this? Are you all seriously that butthurt over Johnny dying that you resent the writers for doing so?

From my knowledge they've only killed two. Johnny and Vic Vance - but LCS was a prequel and if you played Vice City you knew it was going to happen.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Spoiler

Why the hell does everyone keep saying this? Are you all seriously that butthurt over Johnny dying that you resent the writers for doing so?

From my knowledge they've only killed two. Johnny and Vic Vance - but LCS was a prequel and if you played Vice City you knew it was going to happen.

When some people talk about R* killing off protagonists, they're sometimes talking about their games in general, not just GTA. At least two of their other games actually kill the protagonist part way through and then give you a different player character.

Stratocastor15
  • Stratocastor15

Kraff's Disciples Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

I'm not pissed off entirely at the fact that Johnny died, this I can live with.  It's more so HOW he died that angers me.  I know, there have been a million other threads talking about Johnny getting back with Ashley and smoking meth etc., so i won't get into that.  Just pointing out the fact they they tend to kill off a lot of protags (I mean R* in general, not only the GTA series).  And I will admit, Cole's death kind of added to the ending of LA Noire.  Not trying to start anything, I just think that R*'s next step with Niko would be to kill him off.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Yeah. Maybe they'll kill him off for the lols like they did with Johnny to promote their new, inconsistent, sh*tty characters. 

Niko will inexplicably develop a drug problem, take Carmin or some other destructive girlfriend out west (for some reason we can't identify) and get his head stomped in by Franklin.

definitly agree , killing Niko would definitly play against R*

i didn't know JK was dead . frankly i don't care . for me it's another sign that R* is operating a less violence turn for GTA . they try to enlight the fact that if you follow a violent way you'll end up like sh#$

concerning Niko voice , Philip Michael Thomas would be a good alternative to Hollick . personnally i think R* asked Hollick to simulate PMT voice . but R* told years ago that creating persistent heroes for the GTA series would never ever happen (maybe they changed their mind , it's not forbidden after all ..)

edit : just seen JK dies beside a road signal saying "recreation" . that confirms what i've just said :rol:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

White man playing yugoslavian ex-soldier was asked to emulate voice of the black guy? Makes no sense to me.

• Jeansowaty likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

it's not a question of common sense , it's just that you post but you never ever heard PMT ;) . PMT made Lance Vance voice in Vice city and PMT was part of the Miami vice squad in the Miami vice TV series . i have the complete collection of Miami vice and believe me Niko voice is PMT clone ;) . i think that as IV was made in Liberty city that voice was a kind of gift made by R* to Vice city fans

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I'm not pissed off entirely at the fact that Johnny died, this I can live with.  It's more so HOW he died that angers me.  I know, there have been a million other threads talking about Johnny getting back with Ashley and smoking meth etc., so i won't get into that.  Just pointing out the fact they they tend to kill off a lot of protags (I mean R* in general, not only the GTA series).  And I will admit, Cole's death kind of added to the ending of LA Noire.  Not trying to start anything, I just think that R*'s next step with Niko would be to kill him off.

LA Noire was only published by Rockstar. Team Bondi did most of the writing and developing.

On top of that, the protagonist dying is a common trope in noir/noire stories.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

If we do he'll be a psycho no-life who kille Roman and just sits around pitying himself for the 5 minutes he's on screen, until he's uncharactiscally and brutally murdered to try and set the tone for another characters.

(Hint hint, nudge nudge.)

• Niko Valentine likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users