Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will we ever see Niko again?

52 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Why are you reading this? Still reading? Just go already.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

He was by far my favourite Character in the gta series (much better than Gta V's protags) I know his VO is in bad terms with R* but I hope to see him in another gta game. Do you think he will make an apperance in the future?
  • Jeansowaty likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by nobum62, 24 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

no, because of the voice actor

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Only as an easter egg or some small cameo. Niko's story is told and since Hollick ended his relationship with R* in rather hard way, it's very unlikely.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by cp1dell, 24 December 2013 - 10:17 PM.

no, because of the voice actor

Hollick and Rockstar are actually on pretty good terms now. There's a video out there and Lazlow (the real one) is doing this intreview and someone asks about Hollick, and he goes on to explain how he's a talented guy, and that he actually did some work with them recently. I know I posted about this before, I'll see if I can find the video.

EDIT: Here we go.

People need to get their sh*t straight with Michael Hollick.

Back in some interview, Lazlow mentioned Michael is an awesome guy and that him and Rockstar are on good terms. It's not that far fetched for him to do some more lines as Niko.

https://www.youtube....outu.be&t=2m28s

Here's the link to the video. 2:28 is where Michael is brought up. Lazlow specifically says "Mike is an awesome guy, and we've actually been doing some more work with him."

Anyways, I'm surprised that we got to see so many cameos in GTA V. It's actually a lot more than the cameos characters made in the 3D Era. And all Niko got was a vague reference by Lester, and Packie mentions him once.

• Loxley likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

If the next installment is set in the HD era, which is the most likely thing, chances are that he will appear (and so will Luis and my lovely Huang) or at least will be mentioned. But just imagine how cool would be that you could do missions for him :O

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by jpm1, 24 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

i think there are few chances for us to see Niko as main character of a GTA series episode someday . i can't remember exactly why but i know that R* explained about this long time ago . but by knowing R* i know they can put Niko as a mission protagonist just so that modders can use him as main character . for example if you look at Liberty city carefully you can see that lot of thing have been done so that if people want to turn the city into a Vice city they can achieve it easily . buildings types , the way bridges are done , it's pretty easy for a modder to turn Liberty city into a Vice city

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

Niko coming back as a protagonst again would be fantastic. I could see him having a drinking problem after ____ died, loses his money and calls up his old friend Packie.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by lol232, 27 December 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Only as an easter egg or some small cameo. Niko's story is told and since Hollick ended his relationship with R* in rather hard way, it's very unlikely.

They can definitely hire another voice actor, Michael Hollick sucked. I respect him, but ugh,...

They should hire a Serb or anyone that won't speak Serbian half assed, his accent was cool but he could have done better. I'd like Niko to return.

Like Lester mentioned, there could be a scene where he did something in mid 2013 but then he runs away hiding in Vice City.

"He went quiet", could also possibly lead that he did something huge (killed a mafia boss, druglord, robbed a bank, messed up some sh*t, doesn't matter).

If it ever comes to a point where he has to say what happened in his Liberty City saga, when he's about to say what did he choose (Deal or Revenge) he would say, "Well, I chose..." and then something blows up and he needs to get in cover. The ending never gets revealed or, "Someone special died, their name is..." and then boom. Alternatively you choose between Deal or Revenge when starting a new game, but it only alters a few lines, and if you chose Deal you would get e-mails from Kate, if you chose Revenge you will constantly have to go bowling.

I only hope is that Niko isn't dead, I'd be pissed off, Johnny was enough, don't kill Niko.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

To be honest he is my favourite protagonist, however I don't want him to appear again. His story is over, and I can only dread the thought that they will destroy his character like they did with Johnny K. I wouldn't mind however the occasional subtle reference to him, leaving the fans to peice together what they think happened to Niko.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

for the record, Michael and Trevor are much better protags then Niko.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

^Trolling isn't allowed here. Temp ban. :p

I'm with NV112 on this. I wouldn't want Niko back for the fear of R* pissing all over his character like they done with Johnny. I hope his legacy is left alone.

• Sting4S and Tacymist like this

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

I don't think we will.  Niko has become synonymous with Liberty City.  Even if R* did do another GTA set in LC, we wouldn't see Niko.  We might would hear the legend but no more actual story about him.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Yes, you can. If you play GTA IV, you'll see Niko.  :rol:

• MikeMyth likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

I wouldn't want Niko to make an extended re-apperance - I thought the character was great, but I think it would be hard to pull off a return and do it well.

A brief appearance might be possible - perhaps if he is called in to assassinate a hard to get to target and slips away again like a ghost.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by StingrayX, 01 January 2014 - 09:25 PM.

I love Niko, but please god no don't bring him back. Rockstar's writers have already fùcked up (not an exaggeration, they did screw up) past characters or, well, a character recently. I don't want theeir becoming-talentless-and-ludicrous-writers to screw up Niko's characteristics like they did with Johnny K back in V. Please keep Niko in IV and to never reappear again.
  • nobum62 and Black & White like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

I love Niko, but please god no don't bring him back. Rockstar's writers have already fùcked up (not an exaggeration, they did screw up) past characters or, well, a character recently. I don't want theeir becoming-talentless-and-ludicrous-writers to screw up Niko's characteristics like they did with Johnny K back in V. Please keep Niko in IV and to never reappear again.

Exactly. Killing off Johnny Klebitz, the Lost MC and the Angels of Death MC.

It was sensible that Packie returned. I liked that part.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

I have a feeling he tried to screw over trevor, who hires tomy to deal with it due to it happening in vc. So you may recieve a penis in the mail in gta 6 if playing as Trevor

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

I have a feeling he tried to screw over trevor, who hires tomy to deal with it due to it happening in vc. So you may recieve a penis in the mail in gta 6 if playing as Trevor

Hope you're joking.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

Wait what happened with the voice actor? Why were they on bad terms?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Michael(the voice actor) got a rather shoddy $100k from Rockstar I think even though IV made millions

And to be honest. I cannot see Niko returning anyways, even if Rockstar would not have screwed up. If you picked the revenge ending, Niko would just get over his grief with Katie and settle down and enjoy spending time with his cousin's family. If you picked the money ending, I could picture Niko moving to Vice City or staying out of the criminal life.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hope you're joking.

skip to 4:30 to get the reference.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Michael(the voice actor) got a rather shoddy $100k from Rockstar I think even though IV made millions
And to be honest. I cannot see Niko returning anyways, even if Rockstar would not have screwed up. If you picked the revenge ending, Niko would just get over his grief with Katie and settle down and enjoy spending time with his cousin's family. If you picked the money ending, I could picture Niko moving to Vice City or staying out of the criminal life.
From what Lester said it seems Niko has indeed settled down. It would be strange if he returned to a life of crime after doing everything to get out of it.

Compared to most of the GTA IV characters in GTA V Niko got treated with the upper most respect alluding he isn't dead, but got to live out his life in a rare manner compared to other protagonists.

R* must value Niko highly for that to occur to give him a simple yet reassuring reference he hasn't turned out to be a junkie or buried 6 feet under.
  • Jeansowaty and matajuegos01 like this

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Knowing that Rockstar has a hard-on about killing previous protagonists, I believe that we'll probably see him dead in some upcoming DLC.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

From what Lester said it seems Niko has indeed settled down. It would be strange if he returned to a life of crime after doing everything to get out of it.

Compared to most of the GTA IV characters in GTA V Niko got treated with the upper most respect alluding he isn't dead, but got to live out his life in a rare manner compared to other protagonists.

R* must value Niko highly for that to occur to give him a simple yet reassuring reference he hasn't turned out to be a junkie or buried 6 feet under.

Yeah, out of all the characters from IV he deserves a somewhat happy ending.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Knowing that Rockstar has a hard-on about killing previous protagonists, I believe that we'll probably see him dead in some upcoming DLC.

I wouldn't say that Rockstar has a hard om for killing previous protagonists. The only two who have died in games other than their own are Vic and Johnny, and Vic's death happened before they even thought of making him a protagonist.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

you were having the exact same thoughts as me!

it's like we're the same person

I wouldn't say that Rockstar has a hard om for killing previous protagonists. The only two who have died in games other than their own are Vic and Johnny, and Vic's death happened before they even thought of making him a protagonist.

yes they do. SPOILERS FOR NON-GTA TITLES BELOW.

Spoiler

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I like that Johnny died in V, it put that sad old dog out his misery. Johnny was in a living hell, let him have peace for once.

As for Niko, I would like to see him again, GTA V already seemingly retconned the choices at the end of IV. Might as well see how's Niko's life has fallen apart, without Kate. I hope he became more like Roman, a sleazebag. I would provide some comic relief to me.

I like IV's characters getting dark endings. Death to the old and life to the new.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

You can see him when Jimmy's is on LiveInvader page, so i guess he's still alive, that's good.

But that's most likely it, i doubt that he'll physically appear in the game.

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Hopefully not. R* has developed the bad habit of killing off protagonists.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

will read later

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users