Photo

Better?

54 replies to this topic
zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

No GTA IV is not better and it is certainly not more ambitious, it's mainstream.
GTA IV was undeniably good in it's own right but it just felt too stripped down to satisfy me, if you look at the beta pages on GTA Wiki, you will see that it was originally meant to have things like vehicle variety, tanks, planes, unique weapons and countryside, but it was all cut for a mainstream story driven approach. Don't get me wrong, I like a good story just as much as the next person but not when gameplay has to be sacrificed,  GTA IV didn't have had bad gameplay like other story driven games such as Mass Effect 2 but I was worried that GTA was going to head down that path.
As mentioned, the gameplay in GTA IV is not bad, but it just feels too stripped down, for example, the most important aspect of a GTA game in my opinion is the vehicle variety, and GTA IV lacked in this area, there are so many unqiue vehicles (Caddy, Cement Truck, Newsvan, Prison Bus, Kart, Mower, Air Ambulance, BMX, Dozer, Towtruck and the Sweeper for example) which could have fit into the New York setting, there were a few unique vehicles (Mr Tasty, Helitours Maverick and the Romero, although that last one didn't have a spawn point, it was only available in one mission), but nothing when compared to previous games and GTA V. The vehicle spawning is also flawed, for example, the Police Maverick and Police Predator do not spawn when the player does not have a wanted level unlike previous games where the Police Maverick spawns at the Police Station and the Police Predator spawns patrolling the waterways like police cars spawn patrolling the streets.

TL,DR: GTA V has better gameplay, GTA IV is too mainstream.

TL;DR Redux:

"Too many people like this game, WAH it sucks because of that!!"

V is pretty bad, but IV is terrible.

jetpack removed, small map etc.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

The jetpack was never removed, nor is the map small, it's bigger than SA.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

GTA 5 heists are masterpiece but GTA 4's Three Leaf Clover was a classic and what inspired 5's heists

this.

IV was made for glory in a difficult moment, V only for money and success in a moment of extreme confusion

At the actual state it feels too incomplete for Us, probably they've taken a lot of things hidden for the future PC/next gen versions, who knows

feeling the same here man, it seems somehow incomplete..

both of them are nice, but there's something that just doesn't let me enjoy V as much... I don't know man, certainly it's not the best game of all time, but it's not a turd neither.

EXACTLY the same thought here. sh*t i got to agree that gta v is a damn masterpiece, but there is something, i cant tell what, that doesnt make me enjoy it the same i had enjoyed gta iv.. it is somehow too superficial, i dunno.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Showstopper, I suggest you start putting more thought into your topics if you want them to stay open. We're seeing more and more of your complaints and asking an open-ended question like this and simply replying that "V is a turd" and that "IV is terrible" is no kind of argument.

Post something constructive please.

• Officer Ronson, Raavi, Killerdude and 6 others like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

V is pretty bad, but IV is terrible.

Can you please explain to be why you hate on GTA V, yet have a GTA V avatar and signature?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

In some ways, GTA IV was better than GTA V. IV had a better storyline, characters, side missions and more interiors.

GTA V had better graphics, better and more random events in the streets, and more varied and diverse, fun gameplay. 

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

both of them are fun in different ways.. even they being from the same series, they seem two different games to me, which i had enjoyed playing both. Lock this topic please.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

In some ways, GTA IV was better than GTA V. IV had a better storyline, characters, side missions and more interiors.

GTA V had better graphics, better and more random events in the streets, and more varied and diverse, fun gameplay. 

GTA V had multiple clothing stores, gas stations, ammunations, tattoo parlors, garages, safe houses, barber shops, and.....I think that's all. 3 or 4 of each, so that's around 25ish. How many did IV have? Actual question, by the way. I don't know.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by peluche503, 14 February 2014 - 11:34 AM.

Better story and characters, I agree but side missions uhm, we are gonna have to do a comparison in order to determine that:

Rating Scale: 2 great

1 good

GTA IV:

Ramdom characters- this mission were nothing unique and were boring, they are not varied. -1

Police missions - I got to say this ones were good but there is a big problem because you have another one that is very similar to this one. It feels really repetitive because there is another that is much better than this one. These are a bit fun but tedious. +1

Most wanted - Hands Down best side mission in the game. +2

Fixers assassination missions- Great missions, very varied. +2

Drug Deliveries- These are good. But some of them do feel repetitive. +1

Exotic Exports - this one is okay. +1

Stevie's car Thefts - These are just very tedious and feel too dragged out for their own good. Already did you have one car theft mission and now this one. This juts feels very repetitive nowhere near fresh. +1

Brucie Races - these ones are good. +1

Stunt Jumps- +1

Flying Rats - 100 of these would have been good enough but 200, is dragged out. -1

Total:  10 points

GTA V:

Stranger and Freaks - These mission are fantastic, these mission beat every side mission that was good or great in GTA IV. +2

Races- these are great and really fun, they are very varied you have off-road, bike, street races and so on. +2

Drug Delivery Missions - Good mission because they are a mix of land and flying missions. +1

Parachute Jumps- Man these are great and very varied, each of these mission have their own environment. +2

Triathlons - Great missions they are really fun and sometimes very challenging. +2

Flight School - Good missions. I like how they broght back this feature from GTA San Andreas. +1

Knife Flight jumps - Very good. +1

Stunt Jumps - +1

Under the bridge Jumps - +1

Collectibles - there total of 100 collectibles but these are more varied and more fun to look for, because they involve different environments for search your same city. +1

Bounty Hunting - these are average. +1

Rampages - Man what can I say this just feels like I'm back in Vice City again. These one are very good. +2

Shooting Range - this was something I missed from GTA SA and GTA VC. These missions are still as good as they were. +1

Property Buying - this is cool but it doesn't bring out it's full potential, however it does give you side missions to do after buying them. +1

Total: 19

So GTA V has overall better side missions. while some of the side missions in GTA IV were fun, they weren't varied because most of them focused only on shooting, GTA V brings the best of both worlds, It gives you more varied and fun missions that include every element that is unique about the GTA series. Some like to judge GTA V as if it was garbage and overlook many of it's great features, When doing this type of comparisons there should always be supporting facts that support your idea to make it credible. As far as interiors though, GTA V has a lot of open and creative interiors, but some of those interiors are hard to find, there may be more interiors in GTA IV, but as far as creativity go most of these interiors don't stand out as much. But GTA IV has fast food places which are a great feature.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

GTA V is a better game, but GTA IV is a better story and possibly experience.

The problem with GTA IV is that it drags on way too long, and the missions are too similar.  Your first time through it is f*cking amazing, but every time you try to play it again it becomes a chore.

GTA V is much more focused and to the point.  It's missions are more over the top and varied.  It's more fun and at its core a better game.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

The only thing 4 has on 5 is the realism aspect.  Nothing felt too goofy.  But gta 5 has the best map, features, cars, tuning, apartments, etc.

XavMashes
  • XavMashes

Liberty City guy

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

To be short: Want creative missions? Go to V. Want a great and captivating storyline? Go to IV.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

I decided to start playing GTA IV again about a month after completing V. 

It was a nightmare compared to V. IV is boring. Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull. Eventually it grew on me a bit again, I mean it's still a fantastic game, but V is infinitely times better in my experience. It's just so much more fun and more well-realised. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

IV is a load of sh*t compared to V.

I honestly don't like anything about it. I don't like Liberty City, the story was meh, the cars were terrible to drive, guns looked and sounded terrible...I could go on and on. It may very well be the worst GTA game of all time IMO. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

One, quickly go hiding! You've just doomed us all, you activated the SoL alert.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I'll cast my vote for IV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

IV was great but I feel V is better. LC vs LS is all down to taste. I prefer a beach kind of climate since I live by beach but to each their own. The only things IV did better was more interiors, ability to maim people instead of kill them and vigilante missions. Everything else V does better in my view though the Turismo would have been nice.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

IV is a load of sh*t compared to V.

I honestly don't like anything about it. I don't like Liberty City, the story was meh, the cars were terrible to drive, guns looked and sounded terrible...I could go on and on. It may very well be the worst GTA game of all time IMO. 

Well everyone is entitled to there own opinion. As for me I would diagree with everything that you have said.

I prefer GTA IV over GTA V but it is still pretty close in terms of how I would rank them as I can see each game for what it brings to the series.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

What kind of sick twisted maniac bumped this f*cking thread?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Actually reading through these posts makes me feel retarded.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

I like them both for different reasons, but overall I like V better. There's just more to do. Even when I think I'm bored with V, I can just decide to do something I haven't tried yet. I still haven't searched for treasure or played golf. I like IV's handling better, but I like driving in V's world much more. There's a lot of stuff like that when I compare IV to V. 

I think IV is the bare minimum of what GTA should be, but it did get certain aspects right. V is closer to what every GTA should be when it comes to features, but the quality isn't a good as it should be IMO. I don't just want a tank. I want a tank that feels like a real tank. I want ledge detection and I want Franklin's shoes to have proper textures. I want vehicles to have proper damage physics and quality handling. I could go on forever, because so many aspects of GTA V(big & small) were simply overlooked by R*. 

word is bond
  • word is bond

yo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

Actually reading through these posts makes me feel retarded.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think V is awesome for what Rockstar are trying to do,I think once all the updates and DLC are out the whiners will quit whining.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

I think V is awesome for what Rockstar are trying to do,I think once all the updates and DLC are out the whiners will quit whining.

No they won't. IV had some of the best DLC ever created and people still whined until there was a new GTA to whine about.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

V isn't complete yet, in the meantime, IV is better overall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users