Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Is IV better and more ambitious?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

I like IV better overall. V has more features though.

You won't get a real accurate answer for this topic. If you post this in the GTA V section everyone will say that V is better. If you post this in the GTA IV section, everyone will say IV is better lol.

• Ixnay likes this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Go hard or Go home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

As far as storyline goes imo IV beats V which feels like a bunch of random missions but overall V has better features and online mode.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Is IV better and more ambitious?

I like both IV and V, but I like V more.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

V has better gameplay. IV was better in just about everything else.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I also like both GTA V and GTA IV. Based on storyline alone though - IV is the better game IMO.

V's storyline seems too watered down for my liking. I guess that this is probably a result of focusing around three protagonists and their interactions with each other, instead of focusing on one protagonist and his interactions with his friends, enemies and other contacts, as was the case in previous GTA titles. In V, you don't really get much one on one time at all with any of the protagonists throughout the game's storyline.

Not to mention just the other little things and subtle touches that were in IV but aren't in V - in addition to other things/side activities that also weren't included in V that were in IV. For example, what happened to the criminal database and vigilante missions? Sure, the things we can do in V are, for the most part, fun and are enjoyable; don't get me wrong - however it just seems like that for every one thing that was added in V, something else wasn't included, or if it was included, it was majorly watered down to the point of being irrelevant; which really is disappointing.

• Cutter De Blanc, Ermacs, Andreas and 2 others like this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Up in the air about this, maybe IV is a bit better simply because it's been around a lot longer, with a prolonged and very interactive story line, and has had many updates and DLCs in it's history.  TBOGT is the best of IV, in my opinion.  I'd say you can compare when V has been around for a few years and see how it's polished up.  

I've only played IV on PC, all modded up with cars, peds, cop mods, cop cars, so I don't have the PS3 experience with IV.  But love V so far, and looking forward to a storied future.

Good day. Merry Christmas!

DrDetroit

• Anzand17 likes this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by zielarz119, 24 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.

In GTA IV i liked the physics of cars (sports cars was bad though) and good story, in GTA V i liked the character movement and graphic (weather, reflections etc.). GTA V had more features (mainly car custimization) but I would love mix of those 2, which I hoped it will be... :/

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

V is a turd compared to IV.
  • Anzand17, theGTAking101 and hooma like this

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

IV was made for glory in a difficult moment, V only for money and success in a moment of extreme confusion

At the actual state it feels too incomplete for Us, probably they've taken a lot of things hidden for the future PC/next gen versions, who knows
  • PreciousWall, Anzand17, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

GTA 5 heists are masterpiece but GTA 4's Three Leaf Clover was a classic and what inspired 5's heists
  • daliakiller likes this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'd frame that.

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Now you're just trying to start something. 

• Anzand17 likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

So what you're saying is ...

IV is a regurgitated turd?

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

just look at my signature, k

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

So what you're saying is ...

IV is a regurgitated turd?

GTA IV is not turd... neither GTA V

The best is San Andreas

Spoiler

• Anzand17, Killerdude8, WorldWideFM and 2 others like this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by Gray Wolf, 24 December 2013 - 06:18 PM.

If it's free roaming/role-playing I'd go with GTA V, for a good story >>> GTA IV (although I'd chose SA here but it's not a option :p)

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I prefer V over pretty much every past GTA. It just seemed to hit all the right notes. But they're all great.

• Mud1221 likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

IV had the better story but V's gameplay was supperior.

I like them both.

Mud1221
  • Mud1221

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Vice city was the best

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

IV was made for glory in a difficult moment, V only for money and success in a moment of extreme confusion

Lol, the rhetoric people come up with on this site, I swear. 

Lowi
  • Lowi

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

GTA V is better.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Lol, the rhetoric people come up with on this site, I swear.

Rhetoric is an art, and you poor little kid just ignore what art is
Try again...

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

both of them are nice, but there's something that just doesn't let me enjoy V as much... I don't know man, certainly it's not the best game of all time, but it's not a turd neither.

• daliakiller likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

What's a turd? You mean turtle?

If what you say is true, then why are you creating a thread. You have your answer.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

V is much better.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

What's a turd? You mean turtle?

If what you say is true, then why are you creating a thread. You have your answer.

He mean sh*t not turtle... why would you think about turtle?

Spoiler

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

Cool idea for a thread. I'm amazed nobody has asked if GTA4 is better than GTAV until now.

And the answer is another question. Who cares what people prefer?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

No GTA IV is not better and it is certainly not more ambitious, it's mainstream.

GTA IV was undeniably good in it's own right but it just felt too stripped down to satisfy me, if you look at the beta pages on GTA Wiki, you will see that it was originally meant to have things like vehicle variety, tanks, planes, unique weapons and countryside, but it was all cut for a mainstream story driven approach. Don't get me wrong, I like a good story just as much as the next person but not when gameplay has to be sacrificed,  GTA IV didn't have had bad gameplay like other story driven games such as Mass Effect 2 but I was worried that GTA was going to head down that path.
As mentioned, the gameplay in GTA IV is not bad, but it just feels too stripped down, for example, the most important aspect of a GTA game in my opinion is the vehicle variety, and GTA IV lacked in this area, there are so many unqiue vehicles (Caddy, Cement Truck, Newsvan, Prison Bus, Kart, Mower, Air Ambulance, BMX, Dozer, Towtruck and the Sweeper for example) which could have fit into the New York setting, there were a few unique vehicles (Mr Tasty, Helitours Maverick and the Romero, although that last one didn't have a spawn point, it was only available in one mission), but nothing when compared to previous games and GTA V. The vehicle spawning is also flawed, for example, the Police Maverick and Police Predator do not spawn when the player does not have a wanted level unlike previous games where the Police Maverick spawns at the Police Station and the Police Predator spawns patrolling the waterways like police cars spawn patrolling the streets.

TL,DR: GTA V has better gameplay, GTA IV is too mainstream.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

No GTA IV is not better and it is certainly not more ambitious, it's mainstream.

GTA IV was undeniably good in it's own right but it just felt too stripped down to satisfy me, if you look at the beta pages on GTA Wiki, you will see that it was originally meant to have things like vehicle variety, tanks, planes, unique weapons and countryside, but it was all cut for a mainstream story driven approach. Don't get me wrong, I like a good story just as much as the next person but not when gameplay has to be sacrificed,  GTA IV didn't have had bad gameplay like other story driven games such as Mass Effect 2 but I was worried that GTA was going to head down that path.
As mentioned, the gameplay in GTA IV is not bad, but it just feels too stripped down, for example, the most important aspect of a GTA game in my opinion is the vehicle variety, and GTA IV lacked in this area, there are so many unqiue vehicles (Caddy, Cement Truck, Newsvan, Prison Bus, Kart, Mower, Air Ambulance, BMX, Dozer, Towtruck and the Sweeper for example) which could have fit into the New York setting, there were a few unique vehicles (Mr Tasty, Helitours Maverick and the Romero, although that last one didn't have a spawn point, it was only available in one mission), but nothing when compared to previous games and GTA V. The vehicle spawning is also flawed, for example, the Police Maverick and Police Predator do not spawn when the player does not have a wanted level unlike previous games where the Police Maverick spawns at the Police Station and the Police Predator spawns patrolling the waterways like police cars spawn patrolling the streets.

TL;DR Redux:

"Too many people like this game, WAH it sucks because of that!!"

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

TL;DR Redux:

"Too many people like this game, WAH it sucks because of that!!"

V is pretty bad, but IV is terrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users