Photo

If you could create a gta clone, what would it be like

26 replies to this topic
ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

What would you put in your game, activities, missions, online mode, cars, what will your graphics be like, what would you like to see in a normal, open world gta game. Say you are in charge of GTA:O2, how would you develop the game and what would you do to add to/ or fix the game?

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Well starters I'd make it actually work well and not nerf job payouts because of cash cards. I'd also have drug dealing, houses, pets, atm robberies and much more.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Nothing, GTA is a masterpiece, perfection in the making.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

All activities would center around tennis, yoga, and bowling and every ped vehicle would be a Faggio while the police drove Adders that blew up when you try getting in.

• The Odyssey likes this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:34 AM

not sure if trolling lol
  • Lee Everett and JBanton like this

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

Press F to Pay Respects

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

not sure if trolling lol

It's a great starting point, I just needs the online and content teams of better games.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

Just as GTA4 Niko Bellic said,The Franchise is a Perfect Franchise,no other openworld game (GTA Clone) can dethrone the king of the genre,GTA.plus it the best selling and most successful openworld game franchise of all time with 150ml copies worldwide and the 4/5 of the top 10 best selling game franchise

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

Just as GTA4 Niko Bellic said,The Franchise is a Perfect Franchise,no other openworld game (GTA Clone) can dethrone the king of the genre,GTA.plus it the best selling and most successful openworld game franchise of all time with 150ml copies worldwide and the 4/5 of the top 10 best selling game franchise

Yeah I really think rockstar messed up and scarred their franchise, I doubt they'll get figures as large as this for their next iteration

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

@reply
are you for real,the name alone"GTA"sell the game,that just how powerful the Franchise is.plus remember it the 4/5th best selling franchise.Same goes to Cod which is not even older than GTA (2003-2013) but it is among the top 10 but unlucky when a main GTA comes out Cod cant challenge

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

@reply
are you for real,the name alone"GTA"sell the game,that just how powerful the Franchise is.plus remember it the 4/5th best selling franchise.Same goes to Cod which is not even older than GTA (2003-2013) but it is among the top 10 but unlucky when a main GTA comes out Cod cant challenge

I am kinda for real, the main reason people buy gta is that they expect something from such a kick ass company, the online put a lot of people off, so what makes you say they'll get 800mil in the first day for another sequel? I don't really see it happening :/

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Well for starters, I wouldn't use the term 'GTA Clone' as it is pure ignorance.

And as for what I would do when creating an open world game, I would do the following:

PLATFORM

PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

SETTING

Sydney, Australia.

This setting would probably never happen in real life, but this is if I was creating a game.

VEHICLES
Anything that fits the setting, should be a controllable vehicle, everything from a kids bike to an airliner should be obtainable. The game would also include a Jetpack just to keep people happy. Trains and trams should be drivable.

WEAPONS

The same guns from GTA V as well as a heat-seeking RPG, a flamethrower and a tranquilizer gun. As for melee weapons, a system like in Saints Row 2 where you can pick up anything and use it as a melee weapon, it's size would determine if you could keep it in your inventory or not.

COMBAT
Shooting mechanics would be similar to those of GTA V, however, slow motion bullet time like in Max Payne (or like Micheal's special ability) would be featured. When it comes to hand-to-hand combat, there would be a grapple attacks and environmental kills like in Sleeping Dogs.

CUSTOMIZATION

Full vehicle customization, full character customization, safehouse customization (the ability to add, remove and move furniture as well as changing the textures of walls, floors and ceilings) and weapon customization.

ON FOOT ABILITIES

Climbing mechanics in games like Uncharted and Tomb Raider, the ability to dive underwater like in GTA San Andres and GTA V and the ability to climb trees and telegraph poles.

OTHER DETAILS

Plenty of interiors including an enterable airport terminal and enterable malls and fully functional elevators like in the older Hitman and Splinter Cell games, none of that immersion breaking teleportation marker stuff.

• bengalboy_0701 likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

@ShadowMecure
GTA 4 in 2008 earned 500ml in the first day,GTA 5 earned 800ml in a day and 1bn in 3 days.As a fan you should know GTA always have Spinoffs and Expansion before another main game,We wont have GTA 6 for another couple of years but next and GTA 5 is get Expansions,and maybe after that Rockstar Leeds will work with Rockstar North on a Spinoff(s) just like LCS,VCS and CTW.GTA 6 will be on next-gen so that a Killer app ofcourse it GTA,and i bet it will get 1 bn in a day or two

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

You do realize that not every open world game is a GTA clone, and that the genre existed long before the GTA series, right?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

@Reply
Yeah i know but GTA Revolutionised and Popularised it,it change the way it is today with GTA3 even though it didnt start it,plus GTA is way older than "Most of it Clones",with a 16 year old History (1997-Present)..for example the GTA Clones that are new are
1.Saints Row (2006-2013) GTA is 9 years older than it
2.AC (2007-Present) GTA is 10 years older than it
3.Sleeping Dogs (2012-?)GTA is 15 years older than it
4.Mafia(2007-?)GTA is 10 year older than it
5.Driver(1999-?)GTA is 2 years older than it
6.Watchdogs(2014-?)GTA is 17 years older than it
GTA is no the first openworld franchise and it no the last either,it change the formula of the genre and that what matter,that why that term GTA Clone was invented

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

I made a mistake with the mafia series my bad,
Mafia(2002-?)GTA is 5 years older than it.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

2.AC (2007-Present) GTA is 10 years older than it

no-country-for-old-men-tommy-lee-jones-4

Now every sandbox game is considered to be a GTA clone?

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 24 December 2013 - 10:01 AM.

I'd apply that R* open-world goodness that we all know and love to a Cyberpunk setting, and have it developed by R* San Diego, like RDR.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

You do realise that gta was meant to be a racing game, nothing more (pretty bad racing game aswell), gta was created from a glitch, a glitch that made cops hit you off the road. GTA will undoubtedly sell amazingly, but figures like Gta 5 not so sure. Ok now, back in topic

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

If I had a say, I'd probably just make a GTA game set in Germany or the Netherlands.

Or failing that, some awfully obscure place in the American midwest.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

If I had a say, I'd probably just make a GTA game set in Germany or the Netherlands.

Or failing that, some awfully obscure place in the American midwest.

Would Love for a ww2 or even 1970 gta

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

If I could create a GTA clone maybe it would introduce drug dealing making the right contacts and backstabbing other ones I wanna be a drug lord  or it would be one where we play as a corrupt cop I was wanted to see the other side of the law in a GTA game. Taking Bribes, Doing investigations. RICO cases,  conducting surveillance, having an office at the station, using that nice police equipment, informants and snitches so much potential... Sure other games have done it like True crime and Sleeping Dogs but I want to see the folks at Rockstar do it some justice.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

If I could create a GTA clone maybe it would introduce drug dealing making the right contacts and backstabbing other ones I wanna be a drug lord  or it would be one where we play as a corrupt cop I was wanted to see the other side of the law in a GTA game. Taking Bribes, Doing investigations. RICO cases,  conducting surveillance, having an office at the station, using that nice police equipment, informants and snitches so much potential... Sure other games have done it like True crime and Sleeping Dogs but I want to see the folks at Rockstar do it some justice.

That would be soo damn sexy

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

I would reintroduce the racing theme in the series, only better.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

If I could I would first of all be set in an alternate universe from our own or the HD era and it would take place in what we in our own universe would image the future to be like. With that being said it would be extremely sci-fi and would have things like hover-cars, hover-boards, hover-bikes, jet-packs, wireless electric nuclear fusion plants ( like Nicola Tesla's electricity tower, all electric vehicles ( all electric cars with a few old car with tires that can be converted to hover-electric ), Hyper-loop travel systems, laser weapons ( can be fired like real life gun and like a laser pointer to burn/kill enemies or enemy vehicles), military vehicles with on-board miniature fusion reactors ( in case the "grid" or "wave" goes down ).

It would take pace on a string of volcanic ocean islands called "Hav.vai" and it's surrounding mini-islands. It would have somewhat realistic physics, but would retain an arcade feel ( or GTA V style ). It would have insane graphics ( real-life look-alike), realistic physics ( pretty much be like real-life with a few minor exceptions like vehicles ), realistic AI ( can speak to individual NPC's through mic and will you get a coherent response from an NPC with their own unique identity,thought, and beliefs. They will also react realistically to each situation ), etc. 

Hairue
  • Hairue

Deal with it.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

If id be in charge of developing a GTA game, Id set the place somewhere like Hawaii to set a good atmosphere. Then maybe use real-life cars although original cars  are awesome too. And maybe a mission that you set out to the wide open sea and be pirates and rob a container ship! :D

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

One word: Dubai

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'd make a franchise taking place in Asia and Europe cities.
And one of the main entries to the franchise could be like this:
1. Location: Tehran + Karaj + Karaj Countryside + Iran South Bay Area + Kish and Qeshm Islands
2. Story: A criminal newbie who comes to Tehran. Game should have a strong Hip-Hop theme.
3. Setting: 2008 Winter. There was heavy snow in Karaj, Wet streets in Tehran and the weather in south was warm as always.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users