Photo

In GTA 5 I heard a Cop Say "Los Angeles PD"

30 replies to this topic
JayJay1011
  • JayJay1011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

While playing a random cop said Los Angeles pd while chasing a pedestrian Tell me i'm not wrong

JayJay1011
  • JayJay1011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

And I know Los Santos is Los Angeles

TheMysteryKnight
  • TheMysteryKnight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

I don't recall that, I only remember them saying Los Santos, guess i'll have to listen to them next time I play. Has this happened more than once?

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

I thought I heard a cop say the same thing once. Listened carefully after that but only heard "Santos" in subsequent instances so I simply assumed I misheard the first time. I suppose it's possible though.

Speaking along similar lines, they could have chosen the radio songs a bit more carefully. When you're establishing a world where Los Angeles is "Los Santos" and Hollywood is "Vinewood", then having the song "Hollywood Nights" turn up on the radio probably isn't such a good idea.
  • tikhung01 likes this

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

I thought I heard a cop say the same thing once. Listened carefully after that but only heard "Santos" in subsequent instances so I simply assumed I misheard the first time. I suppose it's possible though.

Speaking along similar lines, they could have chosen the radio songs a bit more carefully. When you're establishing a world where Los Angeles is "Los Santos" and Hollywood is "Vinewood", then having the song "Hollywood Nights" turn up on the radio probably isn't such a good idea.

Theres also a song called California Love I think. Yikes!

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

The only time that has ever been done is on the radio, I forget which DJ or commercial, but it is the only time Los Angeles is said instead of Los Santos

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by K-Malo94, 25 December 2013 - 06:22 AM.

This always happens in gta. In IV there was a rap song on the Beat radio station where the hook was "You f*ckin' with a dirty New Yorker..."

It's nothing new. It's hard to find good songs in every genre and make sure they don't make real world references too. It honestly doesn't bother me.

Mr Toaks
  • Mr Toaks

Let's Cook!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

It is unequivocally possible that you may have been too immersed within the game, and your brain converted "Los Santos" into a real name, so you think you heard "Los Angeles" as a real life association.

It happens... It does NOT mean you have psychological issues, so don't worry.

Brains are cool (if a little unpredictable).

• 2281 likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

But California is California in GTA, that doesn't change. It's possible that happened, in GTA IV if I'm not mistaken one of the dialogues says "Statue of Liberty" but the subtitles corrected to "Statue of Happiness" or the other way around, but I recall something like that.

Dna072
  • Dna072

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think I heard exactly that at some point.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

I was playing Online a minute ago... and i heard a pliceman in a car saying " Los ANGELES PD" ;)

The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

As someone said above me, California is still California in Grand Theft Auto. If you fly out over the sea around the map, it will show you as located in the Pacific Ocean. I thought that was pretty interesting the first time I went out there.

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

As someone said above me, California is still California in Grand Theft Auto.

My understanding is that San Andreas is a fictional state (not to be confused with the actual census designated place) that is based on California or a part of it. Information I've read in related articles support this and I dont recall any references being made to California that would confirm it's existence in either GTA V or GTA SA apart from the radio songs. Does a character in either game actually mention California?
  • Shmiqq likes this

Bonkai
  • Bonkai

What the heck is this meant to be?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

How strange, I heard a cop say the same thing.. This is MYSTERIOUS.

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The whacky piano man 🎹.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

This is highly possible. After all, the character's still refer to America as America, not a fictional name.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by I<3GTAV, 27 December 2013 - 08:54 AM.

I heard "Santas" with a soft 't' sound

thomtim9901
  • thomtim9901

Dutch PS3 Player

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

And California Girls

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

This is highly possible. After all, the character's still refer to America as America, not a fictional name.

That's because there is no fictional stand-in for America in GTA. Any references to America are intentional. Any reference to Los Angeles would be an error.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

I herd it too, except when I herd it they were chasing me and not an NPC. It's a good little easter egg, I always hope that some day, Rockstar will start setting GTA in real cities again.

JayJay1011
  • JayJay1011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't recall that, I only remember them saying Los Santos, guess i'll have to listen to them next time I play. Has this happened more than once?

No its the first time I really listened so thats why I made a crew for investigations like this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

The only time that has ever been done is on the radio, I forget which DJ or commercial, but it is the only time Los Angeles is said instead of Los Santos

That might've been West Coast Classics. Used to listen to that near to the beginning of the game to bring back the nostalgic SA 1992 vibe and I heard NWA (I think) say something about Los Angeles.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

That reminds me, it's weird how you get far enough from land and the game says you are in the "Pacific Ocean."

I would have assumed they'd make a new name for that instead of going with the real-world name. Strange how it breaks immersion to see something realistic!

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

I always hope that some day, Rockstar will start setting GTA in real cities again.

Uh, WHAT??

GTA has NEVER been in a real city

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

California soul and California girls as well.

@Crazy ray - There were two GTA games set in London, but the vast majority of GTAs are set in fictitional cities based on real cities.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

@Crazy ray - There were two GTA games set in London, but the vast majority of GTAs are set in fictitional cities based on real cities.

15 years and not an actual building-for-building copy ago...that's a bit of a reach

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

I heard "Santas" with a soft 't' sound

Freeze, Santa's Police Department!

Was it an elf by chance?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 01 January 2014 - 07:55 AM.

15 years and not an actual building-for-building copy ago...that's a bit of a reach

Still a real city, how many games set in real cities are a building-for-building copy anyway?

I would kill for a GTA to be set in a real city again, even if it had to be New York.

GEO9875
  • GEO9875

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

I always hope that some day, Rockstar will start setting GTA in real cities again.

Uh, WHAT??
GTA has NEVER been in a real city
london...

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

They made the same mistake in GTA SA. http://www.imdb.com/...tt0383385/goofs

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

You also hear Los Angeles and LA mentioned in songs.  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users