Photo

A real GTA series? Trilogy

7 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 24 December 2013 - 12:46 AM.

What would people think if Rockstar were to make a trilogy of a specific character in GTA. So maybe 2-3 games following the same character and his story. It would give way to a bigger story, maybe the first game would be his rise, and the second his downfall...Both can be in a separate city as the character could have moved from game one to game 2.

Sorry I've been playing too much Mass Effect....But seriously I think it would be amazing following the same guy for multiple games, it gives way to legendary character development.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

@GTA 4 Niko Bellic
According to Gta wiki and Wikipedia the GTA games are all Stand-alone,and so far there are 11 Stand-alone Games and 4 Expansions(on wikipedia it 10 Stand-alone games)but seeing GTA have 15 games and wikipedia also said that i think they made a mistake but i dont think it possible.a new Gta a new protagonist(s),new location(s),new everything but yeah GTA 4 and the Episodes were a trilogy in some ways even though TLAD was a Biker theme GTA but it tied up all the loose ends from GTA 4,but it might also be possible,because GTA does it best

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

@GTA 4 Niko Bellic
According to Gta wiki and Wikipedia the GTA games are all Stand-alone,and so far there are 11 Stand-alone Games and 4 Expansions(on wikipedia it 10 Stand-alone games)but seeing GTA have 15 games and wikipedia also said that i think they made a mistake but i dont think it possible.a new Gta a new protagonist(s),new location(s),new everything but yeah GTA 4 and the Episodes were a trilogy in some ways even though TLAD was a Biker theme GTA but it tied up all the loose ends from GTA 4,but it might also be possible,because GTA does it best

Yes, but I mean like GTA VI following a specific character, and then GTA VII following the same character.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

@GTA4 Niko Bellic
I dont see that happening,GTA=Grand Theft Auto.is a Crime Franchise that follows the Lives of different criminals trying to make a livin,we have had a european,African americans,British(GTA London 1961 & 1969),Italian Americans,spaniard,jewish,Asian and Canadian...it the most diverse series ever,just like CoD following lives of different soldiers.but if GTA was to do it,i.e it would be spinoffs not a main game(GTA 6 or 7),i.e GTA:Chicago could be a new protagonist and GTA:Tokyo could be a prequel to the same protagonist.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

@GTA4 Niko Bellic
I dont see that happening,GTA=Grand Theft Auto.is a Crime Franchise that follows the Lives of different criminals trying to make a livin,we have had a european,African americans,British(GTA London 1961 & 1969),Italian Americans,spaniard,jewish,Asian and Canadian...it the most diverse series ever,just like CoD following lives of different soldiers.but if GTA was to do it,i.e it would be spinoffs not a main game(GTA 6 or 7),i.e GTA:Chicago could be a new protagonist and GTA:Tokyo could be a prequel to the same protagonist.

Yeah a spinoff. 

Tripleweb
  • Tripleweb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Cool idea kinda like the max payne series. If R* pulled it off it would be awesome

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

While they aren't the best at story-telling, I think R* always uses completely new characters for their new entries in the GTA series so they could always tell entirely new stories.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

While they aren't the best at story-telling, I think R* always uses completely new characters for their new entries in the GTA series so they could always tell entirely new stories.

Rockstar are the gods of the openworld genre and they are great in writting stories,and you see that with the legendary GTA series all 15 games are great story even the original GTA back in 1997.GTA 4 and the Episodes were a bit of trilogy even though TLaD main theme was Biker Gangs and TBoGT was more of family,friends and the Drug wars.but all the games are stand-alone and have different criminal Protagonists and different Crime stories but they surely could do a trilogy which are direct-sequels,take for example they could do a Chinatown Wars sequel because Huang was the first Asian Protagonist and that game is the only game that could be set outside the U.S,and follows Huang back to China and more focused on the Tridas even though the first CTW was in Liberty city and also with Triads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users