Do firetrucks and Ambulances spawn in the IOS / ANDROID version

43 replies to this topic
Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Observations suggest the feature was not cut. It's just broken. Lot's of things are broken in the mobile version. Wardrum didn't put much thought into this port and didn't bother to fix any issues. I doubt anyone made any decision regarding the emergency response vehicles beyond refusing to fix the issue when it was reported. 

Could it be linked with the RAM available on the device. Today, the higher end phones do have more RAM, and depending on the permissions, if the phone allows the game to use more RAM then I guess it's more likely to see them spawn frequently.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted A week ago

I don't know. And the people that know how figure this stuff out don't seem care enough about mobile to look into it. My tests suggests that the EMT vehicles do spawn when appropriate, and I'm fairly sure the vehicles are getting culled. My thought was that the vehicles were falling through the planet because they spawned outside of the active area, but it didn't look like the vehicle fell through the road. They just disappeared, and disappeared without the fade. It's appears to be an issue with the same garbage collection process responsible for deleting vehicles from the impound garages when CJ looks away; except CJ was looking right at them the whole time.

• wati wati likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted A week ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, A week ago.

This is an issue with almost all the Mobile Ports (excluding CW).  Emergency Vehicles don't spawn and in a game like Vice City where you start on the East Island and the only Fire Truck to exist spawns on the West Island, it makes it a pain in the ass using a Packer and ramping the Fire Truck over to Prawn Island just to be able to do Fire Truck Level 12 in a Starter Save.  Luckily in San Andreas, all Emergency Vehicles, despite not spawning on the road when you make a fire or kill people, spawn in Los Santos at a specific spawning point (Fire Station, Hospital, etc), thus you can still complete R3 Missions without an issue in a Starter Save.

@OrionSR, yeah, the Impounds are pure garbage on Mobile.  Even when looking at the Vehicles, they disappear.  You can impound them, but it's NOT safe to "check on them" UNTIL you save.  After saving, you can reload, check on them, then make a backup.  But checking on them at any point BEFORE saving is a big no-no as they WILL disappear no matter what.

There is too many issues with III, VC, SA, and LCS on Mobile for me to actually take the Ports serious these days.  Granted, when VCS is released for Mobile, I will buy it, lol...

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I tried the mod I just showed you and it works. The only problem is the author of the mod have put a lot of bloat features on it and cranked the draw distance too high. Is it possible to remake this mod with some little adjustments? Here's my short gameplay:
https://m.youtube.co...e&v=4qEgEC37t8Q

Questions about Modding belong in the Modding Forums, not here.
Oops! Sorry boss

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

Can anyone provide a link to the max draw distance mod that doesn't run through adfly? I have no intention of installing unknown extensions or disabling my ad-blocker just to look at the file, or anything else for that matter.

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Can anyone provide a link to the max draw distance mod that doesn't run through adfly? I have no intention of installing unknown extensions or disabling my ad-blocker just to look at the file, or anything else for that matter.

Here
http://www.gtainside...ce-for-android/

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by OrionSR, A week ago.

Thanks, but the script provide no useful information.

Are you familiar enough with the impound garages to tell if the mod helps with that too?

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Are you familiar enough with the impound garages to tell if the mod helps with that too?

Yeah it looks like it's protected

What do you mean by "impound garages"?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Are you familiar enough with the impound garages

You shoudn't talk like all people who play this game know Impounds exist...

To be honest, only if you obtain Special Vehicles or are into the Game Code and knowing about all that hidden stuff would you know about Impounds.  People casually playing the game won't even know they exist, lol...

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Are you familiar enough with the impound garages

You shoudn't talk like all people who play this game know Impounds exist...

To be honest, only if you obtain Special Vehicles or are into the Game Code and knowing about all that hidden stuff would you know about Impounds.  People casually playing the game won't even know they exist, lol...

Is that the feature where when you're driving a car then get busted and your car gets impound?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Game doesn't work like that apparently unless you use Mods, but yeah, something like that.

There is an Impound in Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.  All 3 of them can store 3 extra Vehicles.  But they are not easy like the 17 Garages you have in the game that you can buy with the Properties.  Those Garages are simple and can store 4 Vehicles each.  Impounds require a lot more maintenance and Vehicles can easily get overwritten inside the Impounds that you stored if you are not careful and know what you're doing.  You can manually impound Vehicles, but there is also ways of impounding them via Side Missions and such.  Like, any Vehicle you drive to Trucking with will disappear after starting Trucking and go to the Los Santos Impound.  Quarry works the same way, only here it will impound Vehicles to Las Venturas.  You can even park a Vehicle inside the Emerald Isle Car Park in Las Venturas and when you drive away and come back, your Vehicle will be gone and put into the Las Venturas Impound.

But I think I will stop here.  OrionSR already has an Impound Topic on the Forum for the last 5+ years and there is Videos on Youtube showing how to use them and such.  Impounds are usually only for Advanced Players who really know what they are doing, know how they work, and how to use them.  More importantly, if they are Special Vehicle Collectors.  Why?  Cuz the more storage space for a Collector, the better.  Without Impounds SA can store 68 total Vehicles in the 17 Garages, but with those 3 Impounds, you potentially can store an extra 9 Vehicles, thus now you can store 77.

But yeah, Impound Topics, Youtube Videos, and a Special Vehicle Guide for SA is here to help.  This Topic isn't the one...

• wati wati likes this

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Game doesn't work like that apparently unless you use Mods, but yeah, something like that.

There is an Impound in Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.  All 3 of them can store 3 extra Vehicles.  But they are not easy like the 17 Garages you have in the game that you can buy with the Properties.  Those Garages are simple and can store 4 Vehicles each.  Impounds require a lot more maintenance and Vehicles can easily get overwritten inside the Impounds that you stored if you are not careful and know what you're doing.  You can manually impound Vehicles, but there is also ways of impounding them via Side Missions and such.  Like, any Vehicle you drive to Trucking with will disappear after starting Trucking and go to the Los Santos Impound.  Quarry works the same way, only here it will impound Vehicles to Las Venturas.  You can even park a Vehicle inside the Emerald Isle Car Park in Las Venturas and when you drive away and come back, your Vehicle will be gone and put into the Las Venturas Impound.

But I think I will stop here.  OrionSR already has an Impound Topic on the Forum for the last 5+ years and there is Videos on Youtube showing how to use them and such.  Impounds are usually only for Advanced Players who really know what they are doing, know how they work, and how to use them.  More importantly, if they are Special Vehicle Collectors.  Why?  Cuz the more storage space for a Collector, the better.  Without Impounds SA can store 68 total Vehicles in the 17 Garages, but with those 3 Impounds, you potentially can store an extra 9 Vehicles, thus now you can store 77.

But yeah, Impound Topics, Youtube Videos, and a Special Vehicle Guide for SA is here to help.  This Topic isn't the one...

Thanks for the information

wati wati
  • wati wati

JoE

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by wati wati, A week ago.

Yeah it looks like it's protected

What do you mean by "impound garages"?

Ok I'll try to look if the mod helps with it

EDIT: Negative

boludoz
  • boludoz

Rat

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

It should be similar to the PC version

1 user(s) are reading this topic