Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rank 100 +...

151 replies to this topic

Poll: Rank Reset (268 member(s) have cast votes)

If you are rank 100 or higher do you believe in a reset?

1. Yes (35 votes [13.06%])

Percentage of vote: 13.06%

2. No (59 votes [22.01%])

Percentage of vote: 22.01%

3. Hell No! (31 votes [11.57%])

Percentage of vote: 11.57%

4. f*ck No! (143 votes [53.36%])

Percentage of vote: 53.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think their biggest problem is that they rushed Online, by the time next gen consoles had release dates I highly doubt they were even close to being done with Online, when you look at a lot of the things in-game you might see a lot of things people here look at as "future DLC" content and "Easter Eggs" but as someone who has worked on a content development team before for an MMO those things only appear to me as unfinished or scrapped work.  I can't blame them for being pigeon holed into releasing this game earlier than they had to in fear of losing a lot of fans and potential profit, I mean yes I'm sure in the back of their heads they knew core fans would still play but let's be realistic it's a company and a business, obviously they are going to care about money.  I think if this game came out let's say next summer we would probably see a whole different online experience.

I am willing to make the sacrifice for the reason I stated in my previous post but also because I truly feel sorry for Rockstar in terms of the situation, this is really one of the bitchiest, dumbest, and worst communities I've ever seen for any game online, sure they didn't handle things well and sure they have had experience with online games before but not to this magnitude, but given the community they were hit full force with I don't think many other companies could have done that much better of a job.  Especially considering we don't even have an actual community manager or official R* forums.

I do hope they start taking player suggestions into consideration though as I have seen some good ones on here that I only hope were emailed to Rockstar by the OP I think the content creator was a good start of them opening their ears to things the community like and I can only hope they continue going in that path.

Holy sh*t I am so sorry I just realized how much I actually typed lol.

Heh, don't worry, I've read it (I'm sure others will too, only the ones who have nothing useful to add will TLDR this).

I do feel for Rockstar...but not enough to sacrifice my characters. They've made quite a hunk of change, and with that money they should hire staff to look through millions of accounts to calculate, rp/time played, car sales and the like.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Honestly, if they reset my character, I'd just quit. That'd be 14 days worth of game time lost. I'm not doing that over again on GTA:O... A new game, yes, but not re-doing the same game. It took me nearly 3 months to reach 120.

Readthisifurghey
  • Readthisifurghey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am still waiting for one person who voted "Yes" for a reset, to explain how that would prevent hackers from just giving out millions again, and hacking their own levels to be high again?

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

I am still waiting for one person who voted "Yes" for a reset, to explain how that would prevent hackers from just giving out millions again, and hacking their own levels to be high again?

Did you miss it?  He apologized for an article that I thought was actually good reading.  

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

absolutely no way for someone to be 90+ legit submitting this thread to rockstar.. time to go people

GTA V was released mid September and it takes about 6/7 days or so of average playtime to reach level 90.  Are you seriously suggesting no one could have reached this level in 3 months legitimately?

Given your previous posts in this thread I suspect you protest too much...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

absolutely no way for someone to be 90+ legit submitting this thread to rockstar.. time to go people

GTA V was released mid September and it takes about 6/7 days or so of average playtime to reach level 90.  Are you seriously suggesting no one could have reached this level in 3 months legitimately?

He's joking, I don't know how you guys can never tell that he's consistently trying to bait people, it's really funny though lol.  How can you not tell from the "submitting this thread to rockstar" part.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

He's joking, I don't know how you guys can never tell that he's consistently trying to bait people, it's really funny though lol.  How can you not tell from the "submitting this thread to rockstar" part.

I take it all back...I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks and I've forgotten what its like on here at times! :)

I'm going to bang my head a few times and hopefully something will start working again!

• Odesza likes this

mneilan
  • mneilan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

IF THE LEVELS AND MONEY GET RESET NOBODY WOULD PLAY AGAIN AND rockstar will lose money

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by Odesza, 23 December 2013 - 09:28 PM.

IF THE LEVELS AND MONEY GET RESET NOBODY WOULD PLAY AGAIN AND rockstar will lose money

With the way things are going currently this game will continue to lose dedicated fans and "hardcore gamers" if you will that would most likely be the ones to purchase cash cards/DLCs.  So they need to act fairly quick and decide on something soon  if they want to save any hope for this game.

If this were any other title game besides "Grand Theft Auto" or any other company other than Rockstar I think it's safe to say this game would have fallen between the cracks by now.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

If they reset everything on anyone who glitched, hacked and took away anything gained from hackers. like gifted or bounties millions/billions i would buy cash cards just to support there first great decision.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

I say we just reset your character OP. JK. I wouldnt want a reset of levels because my main weapons of defense (rpg) and combat mg are level 100 and 80 . And i couldn't live without them.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Supportive

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

No. The online portion of GTA V has been out for at least 3 months. Even if a person didn't get online in the first week and still played legit, they would still be a high rank. If not in their late 90s, a player would be a legit 100. Resetting them would basically spit in their face and devalue all their hard work. 

• Miss Malevolent and LS581 like this

zZzRonaldinhozZz
  • zZzRonaldinhozZz

The What Now?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by zZzRonaldinhozZz, 23 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I'm rank 239 so no I don't want it reset lol.

Reseting the money I got from a f*cking hacker would be good.

Already sent message to R* about it, but no reply yet.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Odesza, 23 December 2013 - 10:53 PM.

If you're legit 239 (no CR/RP glitching) then I understand but you would be completely okay with a cash reset I'd hope.

zZzRonaldinhozZz
  • zZzRonaldinhozZz

The What Now?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

If you're legit 239 (no CR/RP glitching) then I understand but you would be completely okay with a cash reset I'd hope.

Never glitched/boosted in gtaonline.

I'm a legit player.

And yes I want my 1,000,000,000 hacker money removed. (didnt ask for it or want it)

ablockkid21
  • ablockkid21

GTA Lover

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

im  rank 111

and why reset now after all the hard work and grinding we did to get where we at now

it was probably understandable if it was within the release of gta online but now would be crazy

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Since I eventually expect to get to Level 100 legitimately (or illegitmately), I voted Hell No.  But for right now, with my rank in the 50's, I say, yes, great, reset all those bastards to 0 so I will have a few days of parity with the rest of the overachieving or overhacking GTA0 population.  :)

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Screw that!! I just finally got the Heavy Sniper with my 2nd character, which is my go-to weapon online. I am not grinding my way back to level 91. two characters above 90 from 16 days of legit playing, no way in hell am I restarting. (My guy is 112, and my girl is 91.)

Missions are there, but you gotta be above level 50 to get the ones that give the most money and RP. Playing missions on hard, and also with free-aim give you the most RP, but it takes lots of practice to master the free-aim in this game

SGra5829
  • SGra5829

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

I got little over 11 days play time, I did rank 1-116 legit and RP glitched 4 levels to get the minigun cuz I really wanted to use it and leveling was talking forever.
If they reset I'd prolly just go play something else....whatevs I got my $60 worth of fun out of this game

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

f*ck no, definetly.
I'm a legit LVL 138, took me a lot of work to get there.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Mr Monoply
  • Mr Monoply

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by Mr Monoply, 24 December 2013 - 01:18 AM.

I just love how all these threads turn into "I'm legit" or "You're not legit" truth be told when GTAO first went online people like me grinded & farmed our way to 120+ along with gaining over 20mil+ in cash this was before rockstar realized that mission resets was a threat to their shark cards and removed this feature but on the other hand we now have rampant peasants running around constantly using LSC and other ridiculous exploits to gain what we once had that seperated us from them yet they claim to be "Legit"...

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

I just love how all these threads turn into "I'm legit" or "You're not legit" truth be told when GTAO first went online people like me grinded & farmed our way to 120+ along with gaining over 20mil+ in cash this was before rockstar realized that mission resets was a threat to their shark cards and removed this feature but on the other hand we now have rampant peasants running around constantly using LSC and other ridiculous exploits to gain what we once had that seperated us from them yet they claim to be "Legit"...

You can always tell who these people are in Deathmatch.  I'm level 94 currently (legit).  I run into level 250+ characters all the time in deathmatch and smoke them because they don't have real combat experience.  They just glitched to achieve their high level.  Some of them don't even know how to do the evasive roll.  lol

It's so gratifying to see those same players always hit hit the dislike button after they get smashed by level 50-120 legits.   

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

If my character gets reset I will kick a small child in the face.

I might just do that anyway.

• We Are Ninja likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

If they reset everything on anyone who glitched, hacked and took away anything gained from hackers. like gifted or bounties millions/billions i would buy cash cards just to support there first great decision.

so you would buy money with real money knowing R could take away things at any time. R^ blew any chance of me buying a cash card when they took away my clean Rebel.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Just let the hackers and modders leave the game on their own. New games will come out and they'll move on cause the whole point of the game will be gone for them. They'll bitch about how boring it is and leave. Mark my words, us legit players will rejoice.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by Odesza, 24 December 2013 - 02:00 AM.

so you would buy money with real money knowing R could take away things at any time. R^ blew any chance of me buying a cash card when they took away my clean Rebel.

They were giving refunds to players that lost characters during the first week of Online when they disabled cash cards for awhile if I remember correctly I'm sure they will still give you a refund if your character is lost or at least give you a refund if there's a reset.

Their handling of refunding a virtual car that you only put virtual money towards is not even close in comparison to purchasing something with real life $. 

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 24 December 2013 - 02:14 AM.

If anyone thinks resetting everyone who played, with the same content it has right now and all bugs fixed, is a good idea that's crazy.  Everyone has done everything.  I don't know a single person who would replay any missions and legitimately have a good time.  You can't just do that with a game that's been out for 3 months and expect their biggest fans to just bend over and take it, all on account of them dropping the ball and pushing the release.  That's totally absurd.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

NO. I earned my rank 170 legit. One of the first 200 in world to do so without hacks or exploits.

F*** NO.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

"Judgement Time"

LOL

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Go see American Hustle. J. Law is super hot in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users