Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rank 100 +...

151 replies to this topic

Poll: Rank Reset (268 member(s) have cast votes)

If you are rank 100 or higher do you believe in a reset?

1. Yes (35 votes [13.06%])

Percentage of vote: 13.06%

2. No (59 votes [22.01%])

Percentage of vote: 22.01%

3. Hell No! (31 votes [11.57%])

Percentage of vote: 11.57%

4. f*ck No! (143 votes [53.36%])

Percentage of vote: 53.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

does criminal records count as being legit XD.

If so I got to rank 150 legit.  Well I stopped at 120 but the ranks just came naturally

Triple6DA
  • Triple6DA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm level 118 and considered making a new character at rank 30... Thought f*ck that... I would hate a reset. You can tell the obvious modded ranks because they're normally near 1000... If not, there's no way someone's rank 100 with only 100 hrs... I've played 350+ hrs...

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

I am 3 bars into 358. I've put in 45 days. If they were to reset my rank after all those days of friggin Docks to Stocks, Trash Talk etc I would then choose to cheat and will just ask a hacker to rank me up. As soon as GTAO was up and running, I saw the challenge and immediately went to work finding fun and legitimate ways to rank up. I don't see how it is even called for to reset ranks, because a bunch of kids ,who shouldn't even be playing the game in the first place, are crying about tanks and cash. Most of them are the ones that jumped on Criminal Records and probably have no clue what Mixed Up with Coke is! So that's a definite, f*ck no!

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

F*ck no!

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

First of all, it's not going to happen.

Second of all, f*ck no.  I'm over 120 and I earned my levels.

Try to ignore the idiots who are "calling for" a reset.  They don't deserve your time or energy.

• huckmonkey likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm seeing calls for a reset of level.

Well, you can't really pretend that two or three people every once in a while are actually a driving force of opinion, can you?

• JohnMcClainNYPD likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 23 December 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I lost a level 91 legit character in the end of October. I built my current level 156 up same as well. As I said in another post take my money leave my levels alone. As far as people glitching RP with these bugged missions, it could catch up with them, especially when Rockstar sees a level 250 with 4 days of game time, or a level 100 with 8 hours of game time. I have close to 30 days of game time on this character which I made on Oct 21st, the highest legit levels I've seen with my game time were in the high 240s, and had 1000 plus car races under their belt. There might be a few legit level 300s but you have to have the game time in to back it up.

You could easily go up 3-5 levels a day if you do strictly races, now parachuting. But before the road races got nerfed car and parachuting combined.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

No, not only no but L no.

Readthisifurghey
  • Readthisifurghey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

How would a reset prevent hackers from just giving out money all over again and hacking their character to give it a high level again?

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'm rank 1000 and it would take me an hour to rank back up

One hour that's slow when you cheat with JSON modding.

Just change the RP multiplier to 100.000 and do 2-3 CR races, and you earned more than 47.478.300RP which are needed to reach Lv 999. 

Its easy to move Ethernet cable, do some host file edit and start the Apache server. 

I hope Rockstar patches this piece of sh*t modding with tunables in JSON file. 

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

I would quit if my races won was reset...and I am a diehard gta fan.

yeah, just hit 500 wins last night. I would be a little disappointed if they reset, but I would be able to get a much better record if they did. Currently almost 200 wins above 500 but honestly win at least 80% of my races now.

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

How comes all the women playing this game want a reset? Get back to knitting and let us men have our fun.

JclynJean
  • JclynJean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

lmao I'm rank 514 with 10.7 billions mostly  30mns to get back there bro

• SHarm likes this

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

lmao I'm rank 514 with 10.7 billions mostly  30mns to get back there bro

I'm not impressed at all. You are just an cheater who is in a red zone. You are way far above the radar and will be dealt with by Rockstar when they begin to cleanse this game for cheaters. 

• Raylion likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

i am not even a level 100 and i know thats bullsh*t.

i am close, and all my rp is off legit rockstar certified bullsh*t missions and things, and f*cking around in free roam.

a reset on anything at this point, is pointless. just LIG and stop the laundering.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 23 December 2013 - 07:11 PM.

anyone over level 100 with less than 2 days of gameplay should automatically be reset. thats obvious glitch/hacked rp. rockstar should be able to simply look at character stats and easily figure out non-legit players. you sold 3 cars and completed 10 missions and have played for one day. no way are you a multi-billionaire leveled into the hundreds.

what really bothers me is how some kid that did the rp glitch can pick me off with a pistol when i need to use a sniper just to get him in range.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 23 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

absolutely no way for someone to be 90+ legit submitting this thread to rockstar.. time to go people

You've made three posts, thus far (haven't read the rest of the thread) and I still don't see your rank. Taking this last comment, I'm going to assume you're of a low rank, and your calls for a reset is either bitter grapes or you were caught cheating...reset, and misery loves company.

My 163 levels are all legitimate.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

yup reset the whole thing. I would drink butthurt tears by the gallon and keep playing.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

130 - Yes

Only if they give a guarantee of a fixed game though and have dealt with cheaters in the appropriate manner, keep in mind OP a lot of people that vote no in this thread probably aren't even 100 and just dislike the idea of resets.

Ep1cK1ll3r
  • Ep1cK1ll3r

Anti-Godmode Tank Patroller.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by Ep1cK1ll3r, 23 December 2013 - 07:25 PM.

130 - Yes

Only if they give a guarantee of a fixed game though and have dealt with cheaters in the appropriate manner, keep in mind OP a lot of people that vote no in this thread probably aren't even 100 and just dislike the idea of resets.

That's a pretty big guarantee. Not sure Rockstar can afford risking pushing away players considering there hasn't been a lot of good said about the game since its october release.

"oh hey guys I know everythings been sh*tty since launch but good news we're resetting everyone now!"

Also a lot of people don't have the time to do it all over again, or don't want to lose cash they bought from the store. Considering how bad R* is with recoveries, I'm tempted to say f*ck that crap.

3 months on, £60 pound worth of cash cards and a big reset with still no heists in sight ?

That's gonna be the lesson I take home with me should it ever happen, and let's not kid ourselves, glitching/hacking might be reduced but it still will be there. Never seen a game fully eradicate programming errors or script kiddies.

Resetting everyone would be a dumb move on Rockstar's part. Why can't they just IP/HW ban the hackers and remove the hacked money from the legit banks ?

Surely that is reasonable.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

130 - Yes

You're like the only level 100+ (thus far) that would agree to such a thing.

I know I am not down for a reset. If this game was classed BETA, I wouldn't care but then, I wouldn't have spent so much time cultivating my character. My expectation would be it was temporary. Thus, so what?

A reset is a bridge too far for me.
  • We Are Ninja, gtSilver and Steve like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Odesza, 23 December 2013 - 07:39 PM.

130 - Yes

You're like the only level 100+ (thus far) that would agree to such a thing.

I know I am not down for a reset. If this game was classed BETA, I wouldn't care but then, I wouldn't have spent so much time cultivating my character. My expectation would be it was temporary. Thus, so what?

A reset is a bridge too far for me.

Well since the start of this game I made excuses for myself, during the first week when on day 1 I got the tutorial glitch, I simply said oh whatever it's the first day there's gonna be some bugs and problems I'll try again later, and I did and I got through and got to play for a long time day 1.  Around day 3 or so I lost a few levels like 5 or 6 because my cloud save wasn't updating properly and I lost those levels twice, I simply said oh whatever it's the beginning of the game there's gonna be problems and eventually it stopped (like later that night or so) and I kept on playing just fine.  Of course I will never turn to cheating because I'm not incompetent and bad at this game to the point I need to be babied to achieve anything in a video game.

But at this point 3 months later I can't just keep making excuses for myself as to why I put up with some of the stuff that happens in this game and why I still enjoy it, at this point I just want a fixed game to play regardless of what has to happen, as long as it gets fixed.

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

0. Fix the damn game

1. Reset all money to zero

2. Remove all Pegasus vehicles

3. Remove all cars in garage

4. Put all earned money in bankaccount except money earned through car sales

5. Compensate carsales through formula using (time spend in free roam * 1.25) * compensation amount (say $5750)

6. Grant ellegible players their october bonus back

7. Re-add money bought with sharkcards.

No need to reset ranks, high ranks can be checked by banhammer team.

qop
  • qop

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yes, with some reward and not have to do the long ass prologue! :p

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well since the start of this game I made excuses for myself, during the first week when on day 1 I got the tutorial glitch, I simply said oh whatever it's the first day there's gonna be some bugs and problems I'll try again later, and I did and I got through and got to play for a long time day 1.  Around day 3 or so I lost a few levels like 5 or 6 because my cloud save wasn't updating properly and I lost those levels twice, I simply said oh whatever it's the beginning of the game there's gonna be problems and eventually it stopped (like later that night or so) and I kept on playing just fine.  Of course I will never turn to cheating because I'm not incompetent and bad at this game to the point I need to be babied to achieve anything in a video game.

But at this point 3 months later I can't just keep making excuses for myself as to why I put up with some of the stuff that happens in this game and why I still enjoy it, at this point I just want a fixed game to play regardless of what has to happen, as long as it gets fixed.

Well, I think that's very big of you (and I mean that no sarcasm AT ALL). I wish I could say I would be the generous and selfless...but I can't.

Rockstar should utilize some of the suggestions in the community and lock down on all this hackery.

Next...instead of us being the bigger men and women and making their job easier...they need to have a team go through with a fine tooth comb, and check...RP/Time Played...and the rest of it and suss out the cheaters/glitchers...and the like.

I'm unwilling to make the sacrifice...I paid them to entertain me...and part of that is for THEM to deal with those headaches...not pawn them off on legitimate players.

And like you, I've made excuses for them about this online, because like you, I've had so much fun playing it...and it would be perfection if there weren't so many bugs. But I dunno if I could excuse a reset.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by vipprimo, 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

I didn't read a lot of the topic, but it sounds good.  Let me spread this out on a table for you.

1.) Can't reset or even consider it until you fix what the hackers/modders are doing because the problem will just resurface and because you made the regular players angry now you only have hackers/modders playing and because some will want their level back they'll learn to hack to get it back.  Good job!

2.) Reset would remove the Stimulus Package and Cash Card rewards.  Although the Stimulus was free, the Cash Cards weren't so you can't touch that money so no reset on money, which seems to be the biggest problem right now.

3.) Going back to a room full of hackers, resets punish everyone, not just the people you "felt" were cheating.  I understand you wanted to keep your untarnished reputation but unfortunately in life there are some go getters out there that don't have your reservations and if they had the opportunity to not cheat but use a glitch then they're going to use it.  You didn't get mad at the people who went to Yanktown so you can't get mad at them, sorry.  

4.) Is R* really interested in making a change?  I don't think so.  Honestly, they make a product and leave it to us to enjoy.  They control some things but if I was a big CEO I had know that by now there are a ton of people out there with Tanks and Buzzards and adding a few more to that isn't going to change anything.  Have all the money in the world and you're still limited to what you can spend it on.  This was just shown on the "cheater pool" slap on the wrist.  It's taking a little action to show you care without really changing anything.  It was a political move, nice and public.  It was suppose to scare some cheaters but in reality it did nothing.  The other thing is some people said get people to go through accounts.  Figure out the time and employees you have to hire and the money you're losing is just as unfair to the people who produced the game.  We have to realize that hackers are players so effectively we're doing this to ourselves in their eyes.  

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm rank 149 and if I got reset that would be it. I didn't even participate in the RP glitching because I was disgusted with this game  for about four days after getting wrongfully placed in the CP.

Ppl don't need to give R* anymore sh*tty ideas.  They've f*cked over enough ppl already.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Odesza, 23 December 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Well, I think that's very big of you (and I mean that no sarcasm AT ALL). I wish I could say I would be the generous and selfless...but I can't.

Rockstar should utilize some of the suggestions in the community and lock down on all this hackery.

Next...instead of us being the bigger men and women and making their job easier...they need to have a team go through with a fine tooth comb, and check...RP/Time Played...and the rest of it and suss out the cheaters/glitchers...and the like.

I'm unwilling to make the sacrifice...I paid them to entertain me...and part of that is for THEM to deal with those headaches...not pawn them off on legitimate players.

And like you, I've made excuses for them about this online, because like you, I've had so much fun playing it...and it would be perfection if there weren't so many bugs. But I dunno if I could excuse a reset.

I think their biggest problem is that they rushed Online, by the time next gen consoles had release dates I highly doubt they were even close to being done with Online, when you look at a lot of the things in-game you might see a lot of things people here look at as "future DLC" content and "Easter Eggs" but as someone who has worked on a content development team before for an MMO those things only appear to me as unfinished or scrapped work.  I can't blame them for being pigeon holed into releasing this game earlier than they had to in fear of losing a lot of fans and potential profit, I mean yes I'm sure in the back of their heads they knew core fans would still play but let's be realistic it's a company and a business, obviously they are going to care about money.  I think if this game came out let's say next summer we would probably see a whole different online experience.

I am willing to make the sacrifice for the reason I stated in my previous post but also because I truly feel sorry for Rockstar in terms of the situation, this is really one of the bitchiest, dumbest, and worst communities I've ever seen for any game online, sure they didn't handle things well and sure they have had experience with online games before but not to this magnitude, but given the community they were hit full force with I don't think many other companies could have done that much better of a job.  Especially considering we don't even have an actual community manager or official R* forums.

I do hope they start taking player suggestions into consideration though as I have seen some good ones on here that I only hope were emailed to Rockstar by the OP I think the content creator was a good start of them opening their ears to things the community like and I can only hope they continue going in that path.

Holy sh*t I am so sorry I just realized how much I actually typed lol.

• gtSilver and a20characterusername like this

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm a legit rank 108 (legit as in no RP glitching at all) I would be against it obviously. Yes RP glitching has seemingly made rank meaningless, but so what? What does it matter to me if some guy 200+ with the skills of a rank 5? That's actually funny to me, and fits with the satirical theme of the game in some ways.

The main reason is I like to think the majority of people have no interest in cheats or exploits, probably don't visit these forums, don't know why they have 5 billion in pocket change and... wouldn't know why their character has been reset, cars deleted and back to zero. They would just say F*ck it, and stop playing. Who could blame them

• We Are Ninja, Miss Malevolent and a20characterusername like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Odesza, 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

I'm a legit rank 108 (legit as in no RP glitching at all) I would be against it obviously. Yes RP glitching has seemingly made rank meaningless, but so what? What does it matter to me if some guy 200+ with the skills of a rank 5? That's actually funny to me, and fits with the satirical theme of the game in some ways.

I'll be honest it's quite hilarious when there's some level 500+ in a lobby and yet he plays like it's his first time ever holding a controller let alone playing GTAO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users