Quantcast

» «
Photo

San Andreas Game Save Modding. (iOS & Android)

8 replies to this topic
03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by 03stevensmi, 24 December 2013 - 01:39 PM.

This Topic Is For iOS and Android Game Save
Modding & Editing!

This is where I got the modded game save
http://www.tech-reci...infinite-money/

It is believed to be done on a game save editor
for iOS & Android!

• leftas likes this

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2013 [Sanny Builder]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

It could be done easily by editing a save file with a hex editor.

03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

It could be done easily by editing a save file with a hex editor.

That's what I think.
I doubt it's real!

kobethepanda
  • kobethepanda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hey guys can you help me im really bad at modding and stuff so like can you please make this savegame have as much money as possible. (http://gtasnp.com/download/40700:/

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by OrionSR, 25 December 2013 - 07:00 AM.

This topic is a spin-off to avoid cluttering a Gameplay topic with technical junk about editing the saves, but it seems there are no current outstanding questions so I'm not sure why this topic got started. However, the latest requests ties in directly with the original question so I'll repeat that info here.

Hi, can you tell me how did you hack money? i was trying do that with hex editor. i had 476488 money so i simply search for it and i changed it to 500000. but game says that save game is corrupted. Thanks for giving info

The last dword of the save file is a 32-bit checksum of all other bytes. If you change a flag from 00 to 01 then you also need to add 1 to this value or the save will be rejected as corrupt. Keep in mind that the bytes are written from left to right, so 0x01D3EE1B will be encoded as 1B EE D3 01. I have a tool by pdescobar for fixing the checksums on PC and PS2 saves, but on mobile saves I've been using the built-in checksum-32 analysis tool of HxD, a free hex editor. Zero out the last 4 bytes of the file and then run the analysis on the whole file.

There's a reasonably good chance that the player money value will be repeated in global variables, or possibly even a random value. It would be a good idea to make more deliberate edits. The structure of San Andreas saves has been documented in great detail for PC and PS2 save. Mobile saves are only a little different; they scattered "c0de words" throughout the save (looks like DE C0 in the save, written as 0xC0DE, 2 bytes... so c0de word for short until a better term presents itself). If I add 2 to every PC offset following each instance of a c0de word then usually everything is aligning as expected.

Player money and money on screen are both stored in Block 15: Player Data. Text search for BLOCK and count from 0 to 15 to find the right spot in the save. If you change player money without changing money on screen and max out the money then it might take... well, probably not an hour if frame limiter is off, but still, a lot longer than it would take to quit and fix the save by updating both variables.

Block 15: Player Data (pc/ps2)

OFFSET TYPE DESCRIPTION
0x00 dword size of block (always 28h)
0x04 dword money

Block 15: Player Data (mobile)

OFFSET TYPE DESCRIPTION
0x00 word c0de
0x02 dword size of block (always 28h)
0x06 word c0de
0x08 dword money

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Antihero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 29 December 2013 - 01:25 PM.

I'd just really like a save on Android where the paramedic and vigilante missions are completed as close to the start of the game as possible. I don't care or want any mods to anything else. That's just how I played GTA 3 and VC, although I just don't have the energy/desire to run through such long stretches of missions anymore. Plus I'm tired of getting the itches that come from playing against the clock.

Although I'd love someone forever if they made the save for me, I'm happy to give it a go myself if anyone can point me in the right direction in how to do this.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by OrionSR, 30 December 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Save editing probably isn't your best bet for this option. It should be possible, but there are better solutions. It would be relatively easy to give the bonuses from these missions by save editing though, but the mission wouldn't be officially passed for completion.

If I wanted to mod these changes I would use CLEO for Android, which is basically a script overlay for the game. The script codes can be adapted from the standard mobile mission scripts and examples of Mission Passer scripts for PC.

You could keep an eye on the iOS Save Sharing topic for a save that suits your needs. Perhaps someone will post a Master Save with everything that can be completed finished before starting the story.

Or maybe put in a request in the Mission Help forum. PC players regularly upload their saves to gtasnp.com (now working for mobile saves) and request for specific missions to be passed. However, this tradition hasn't been established for SA Mobile yet, so you might have a hard time finding someone to complete your request.

• JaysonVoorhees likes this

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Antihero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Save editing probably isn't your best bet for this option. It should be possible, but there are better solutions. It would be relatively easy to give the bonuses from these missions by save editing though, but the mission wouldn't be officially passed for completion.

If I wanted to mod these changes I would use CLEO for Android, which is basically a script overlay for the game. The script codes can be adapted from the standard mobile mission scripts and examples of Mission Passer scripts for PC.

You could keep an eye on the iOS Save Sharing topic for a save that suits your needs. Perhaps someone will post a Master Save with everything that can be completed finished before starting the story.

Or maybe put in a request in the Mission Help forum. PC players regularly upload their saves to gtasnp.com (now working for mobile saves) and request for specific missions to be passed. However, this tradition hasn't been established for SA Mobile yet, so you might have a hard time finding someone to complete your request.

Thanks, I appreciate your assistance! 

automoto95
  • automoto95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

This topic is a spin-off to avoid cluttering a Gameplay topic with technical junk about editing the saves, but it seems there are no current outstanding questions so I'm not sure why this topic got started. However, the latest requests ties in directly with the original question so I'll repeat that info here.

Hi, can you tell me how did you hack money? i was trying do that with hex editor. i had 476488 money so i simply search for it and i changed it to 500000. but game says that save game is corrupted. Thanks for giving info

The last dword of the save file is a 32-bit checksum of all other bytes. If you change a flag from 00 to 01 then you also need to add 1 to this value or the save will be rejected as corrupt. Keep in mind that the bytes are written from left to right, so 0x01D3EE1B will be encoded as 1B EE D3 01. I have a tool by pdescobar for fixing the checksums on PC and PS2 saves, but on mobile saves I've been using the built-in checksum-32 analysis tool of HxD, a free hex editor. Zero out the last 4 bytes of the file and then run the analysis on the whole file.

There's a reasonably good chance that the player money value will be repeated in global variables, or possibly even a random value. It would be a good idea to make more deliberate edits. The structure of San Andreas saves has been documented in great detail for PC and PS2 save. Mobile saves are only a little different; they scattered "c0de words" throughout the save (looks like DE C0 in the save, written as 0xC0DE, 2 bytes... so c0de word for short until a better term presents itself). If I add 2 to every PC offset following each instance of a c0de word then usually everything is aligning as expected.

Player money and money on screen are both stored in Block 15: Player Data. Text search for BLOCK and count from 0 to 15 to find the right spot in the save. If you change player money without changing money on screen and max out the money then it might take... well, probably not an hour if frame limiter is off, but still, a lot longer than it would take to quit and fix the save by updating both variables.

Block 15: Player Data (pc/ps2)

OFFSET TYPE DESCRIPTION
0x00 dword size of block (always 28h)
0x04 dword money

Block 15: Player Data (mobile)

OFFSET TYPE DESCRIPTION
0x00 word c0de
0x02 dword size of block (always 28h)
0x06 word c0de
0x08 dword money

how to open save files like that? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic