» «
Photo

[MCTW] Motorcycle Club Territory Wars

46 replies to this topic
FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

Sanguinary Sons MC "First 6"

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 05 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

--------------------------CLOSED------------------------

Due to the fact that brewcity and Cloudhigh stole my idea and created a SC crew with my name for my event, I dont find it necessary to keep this thread going. Of course I am still working on this, and collaborating with trusted individuals. If you would like to join the original territory wars (name pending considering its been hijacked by children) please message me.

So far I have quite a few MCs signed up, and trust me the game will be quite entertaining.

I will post another thread soon to re-establish this idea with a new look and new rules and new everything.

Good luck fakers.

teehee

Edit: We made a new thread with a new name (you know why) and we like it.

Check it out.

http://gtaforums.com...territory-game/

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 23 December 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Reserved

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by CloudHigh, 23 December 2013 - 05:34 AM.

I was hoping to hatch something like this on PS3. Nice work, perhaps you could open this on PS3, or can PS3 sign up for this?

Also should make this a free aim event. Or clarify the aim assist settings. You should also define the territories, and you want to give a rule for tanks, choppers, and jets. Just my thoughts tho.
  • brewcity_262 likes this

cshllb
  • cshllb

Really awesome guy

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Cloud lets set on up for ps3 free aim

Reapers are down

emblem_128.png

• brewcity_262 likes this

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

I was hoping to hatch something like this on PS3. Nice work, perhaps you could open this on PS3, or can PS3 sign up for this?

Also should make this a free aim event. Or clarify the aim assist settings. You should also define the territories, and you want to give a rule for tanks, choppers, and jets. Just my thoughts tho.

Oh my lawdy I hate aim assist so ya no argument there.

Also, I am not in connection with PS3 crews so honestly I could not tell you whos legit and whos not. I am not using a very hard to go by set of rules on legitimizing crews, but I feel like if I did this for both systems I would be here all day updating info. I suggest a copy and paste? I could send you a message with the first post and you could just simply change some details and open a PS3 division of it?

Cloud lets set on up for ps3 free aim

Reapers are down

emblem_128.png

I like the patch

cshllb
  • cshllb

Really awesome guy

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by cshllb, 23 December 2013 - 05:59 AM.

thanks man, yours is beast too.

could we copy this thread for ps3?

Excellent thank you, I will set up thread soon

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Ya dude go for it. Give me a link to rep here for people if they get lost, and all I ask is you keep the MCTW thing. Lets unionize this sh*t.

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am talking to JT about making and maintaining the SA map.

How would we break down territory? Would we really want mountians to be territory available to be claimed or fought over. Unless we add value to locations, like trafficking bonuses or member bonuses, etc. However I fear this could over complicate the idea. My thoughts at least.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 23 December 2013 - 07:13 PM.

I am talking to JT about making and maintaining the SA map.

How would we break down territory? Would we really want mountians to be territory available to be claimed or fought over. Unless we add value to locations, like trafficking bonuses or member bonuses, etc. However I fear this could over complicate the idea. My thoughts at least.

Thats an interesting idea, I never thought about that. The bonuses would be interesting but I agree, I think it would over complicate things. As far as the mountains, I just give everyone the option, if no one claim it, no one claims it, but I thought someone might want it so why not.

Also, we would break down territory through a form of measurement. Not sure what exactly that would be, Im torn between putting a grid on the map, and breaking it up with that grid in mind, or doing it by locations and surrounding areas. I think both would work, but the grid would be more precise. 

Edit: Found a reeeeally big picture of the map, if we could put a grid on it we could get the map cut up into small zones that people fight for.

Edit: What if we did a limit to the amount of space an MC can hold based on the amount of people they have? This obviously depends on the grid size, but say 1 member = 1 block, you could only hold however many blocks as you had men, and they could be spread out. They would have to be within a certain distance of the rest.

Edit 2: I made a grid over the map

http://i.imgur.com/jwKpjnw.jpg

Added territory section of information, please read when available.

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by CloudHigh, 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Personally I think the idea of creating territories based on POI, landmarks, and surroundings. I think breaking the map into grids could become complicated with 2 or more MCs contesting over the same grid spaces. Landmarks might be more basic and simple, but still effective.

I also think that size= in battle strength needs to be refined. I understand it, but I believe that there should be some for of Home Advantage over size, to an extent.

I think territory value could still be used with a landmark based territory system but who knows, maybe the grid system will be more precise. Just throwing some more ideas atcha

Hell you could base territories off of the borough or district names of LS and SA. We could even implement old gen names for locales in SA or LS.

brewcity_262
  • brewcity_262

7 Sins MC - President

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Would be great with the content creator for crews to only publish content in territory. Gives crews more incentive to investigate and fight for territory.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Personally I think the idea of creating territories based on POI, landmarks, and surroundings. I think breaking the map into grids could become complicated with 2 or more MCs contesting over the same grid spaces. Landmarks might be more basic and simple, but still effective.

I also think that size= in battle strength needs to be refined. I understand it, but I believe that there should be some for of Home Advantage over size, to an extent.

I think territory value could still be used with a landmark based territory system but who knows, maybe the grid system will be more precise. Just throwing some more ideas atcha

Hell you could base territories off of the borough or district names of LS and SA. We could even implement old gen names for locales in SA or LS.

POI is insinuated. I know for a fact that multiple MCs will want the Yellow Jack (or whatever its called, Sandy Shores arm wrestling bar) and other points around the map. I only use the grid system to explain at what point, without a doubt, does their territory end. No one will be able to claim they own all of anything if they dont actually own it all. 

I am intrigued by the home advantage idea. It is likely that the attacker would have less than the attacked. Hmm.Maybe we can have different types of battles depending on what territory they are taking? Maybe make the MCs have a different colored square that serves as their clubhouse, and if they were attacked there then it would be home advantage?

Would be great with the content creator for crews to only publish content in territory. Gives crews more incentive to investigate and fight for territory.

Ya the content creator was definitely kept in mind when I made this. I dont want too many crazy things to be in the creator though (no RPG map or tank map or anything). If the attacked use a custom map it should be reviewed by the attacker first. That way both have a basic understanding of the map.

cshllb
  • cshllb

Really awesome guy

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by cshllb, 24 December 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Love the grid. and the squares per member approach. 

As to creator. maybe we let someone make TDM for all the areas and we all use a standardized DM for the territories?

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:21 AM Edited by CloudHigh, 24 December 2013 - 06:39 AM.

POI territories would be easiest and the grids could define perimeters of territories, I agree. I misunderstood you at first, my mistake.

For home advantage, perhaps it should be an inner perimeter inside the territory based around the clubhouse.
Like say like a 3x3 perimeter around the designated clubhouse.

I also agree about creating games in each territory, and I again agree they should be standardized. Perhaps a Social Club crew should be created to publish them under. We could have a staff for this, and have all Presidents and Vice Presidents join to make challenging easier, along with a thread here containing all the information regarding all clubs involved, territories, etc.

How could we define how many battles or which game types would be used for what territory? Would territories simply increase and decrease block by block? Like creating battlefront lines. Or would it be set on winning set matches for the territory?

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

POI territories would be easiest and the grids could define perimeters of territories, I agree. I misunderstood you at first, my mistake.

For home advantage, perhaps it should be an inner perimeter inside the territory based around the clubhouse.
Like say like a 3x3 perimeter around the designated clubhouse.

I also agree about creating games in each territory, and I again agree they should be standardized. Perhaps a Social Club crew should be created to publish them under. We could have a staff for this, and have all Presidents and Vice Presidents join to make challenging easier, along with a thread here containing all the information regarding all clubs involved, territories, etc.

How could we define how many battles or which game types would be used for what territory? Would territories simply increase and decrease block by block? Like creating battlefront lines. Or would it be set on winning set matches for the territory?

As far as the MCTW staff it will be comprised of whoever represents the MC on their behalf, in most cases yes it will be pres/VP but some may have more active Secretaries or something. Post #2 (reserved atm) will more than likely be recent victories, and Post #1 will have all MCs attending. I can use a spoiler code to shorten the amount of space it takes if necessary, as I can with the list of recent wins/losses and all that. I am thinking about doing a copy and paste form that they fill out with the challenges. Ex:

Challenger MC:

Challenged MC:

Map:

Gun Restrictions:

Something like that. Not too complicated. I also want to verify that the land to be taken must be the outside perimeter of the enemies land. That may not be verified but I thought it was implied. Obviously one can not knock down a king without moving pawns.

As far as the "what game types for what territory" remark, I believe the most effective would be a simple battle for the blocks until the inside of the territory is met. I am also thinking about adding a team stipulation, maybe something along the lines of a limit of challenges per day. (real day)

Not sure. I think a battle per block would be easily met, and there will be a time restriction on change of ownership, as if I lose it I cant just battle for it back immediately.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 24 December 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Love the grid. and the squares per member approach. 

As to creator. maybe we let someone make TDM for all the areas and we all use a standardized DM for the territories?

CloudHigh suggested creating a crew that does that. We make standardized matches where we know there isnt anything hidden or some BS.

Just a map that didnt exist, same old stuff for the rest.

Edit: Im not sure if the crew will be made, I mean me personally I am already dealing with both of our GTAF threads and just shut down our prospect crew because we realized having white dots around was bad. (we absorbed them)

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

i run with the outlaws canada could we be sued for using the actual patch? 

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by CloudHigh, 24 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

i run with the outlaws canada could we be sued for using the actual patch?

If you do not have their permission and they legally own the patch, then yes you can.

However before a lawsuit is thrown your way, a warning will be given telling you to stop because you do not have their expressed permission to use their name, patch, or likeness. That is if they even have any issue with it.

With that said, if you are making money off of what you are doing and you do not have permission and they legally own their patch. Then they can sue you over royalties which you would owe for making money off of their property. However this can mostly be settled out of court by paying the royalties and possibly a settlement. Again that is if ou are even making money off of the name, patch, etc.

However if anything will teuely happen, it will most likely be a demand to stop using their name, patch, etc and threaten to cone after you legally if you continue.

If you are truely concerned over the issue I would suggest changing your clubs name, or making your own patch

zeroskater142
  • zeroskater142

PRESIDENT- UNHOLY ANRACHY MC

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Very interesting idea. In my opinion more MCs' should look to form alliances and take the fight to the gang banger and hood crews. Rather than fighting each other over a place or thing. Just a thought though.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Very interesting idea. In my opinion more MCs' should look to form alliances and take the fight to the gang banger and hood crews. Rather than fighting each other over a place or thing. Just a thought though.

This is to settle claims and disputes of land. We are tired of everyone claiming the same land, either take it legitimately or go "nomad".

Ya know?

brewcity_262
  • brewcity_262

7 Sins MC - President

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Agreed. This is not a chat room. MC TERRITORIAL DISPUTES only that is the objective

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Agreed. This is not a chat room. MC TERRITORIAL DISPUTES only that is the objective

Exactly. The new guys to the list, the "True Lost" attacked several MCs when we came out of a friendly TDM at derelict point. They said Sandy Plains was their territory. Confusing considering their patch says Los Santos.

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think PS3s version is almost ready to be set up.

How is 360s doing? I figured to see more MCs signed up to this.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 28 December 2013 - 08:15 PM.

I think PS3s version is almost ready to be set up.

How is 360s doing? I figured to see more MCs signed up to this.

Havent really pushed it. This thread is probably going to turn out as the discussion thread, sign up whoever wants to do it and open a new one for the actual event. When I open the new one I will put xbox in the title, as I expect you to put PS3 in the title. I will want some graphics just for aesthetics, and some of my most trusted friends and I are bouncing ideas off of each other. We are collaborating on things that will make the game much more interesting, give it a reasonable end time, and make it fair for the MCs involved. I am quite excited to start it. You will get word the instant there is a final draft to our idea, and you will receive all information when its done. Including banners or anything we could use.

Edit: The MC Commission is discussing on whether or not to back it. They are worried about the end time and complexity. My ideas will solve their worries, and when they agree to attend that will be about 10 MCs joining.

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Nice. I don't think there is a Commision for PS3 due to some of the larger MC's creating wars to swallow smaller MCs.

However this event may lay the foundation to something like that on PS3.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nice. I don't think there is a Commision for PS3 due to some of the larger MC's creating wars to swallow smaller MCs.

However this event may lay the foundation to something like that on PS3.

If you want, talk to Cpt Canada, he might be able to stretch it to PS3, he does have a PS3 crew. Booze Riders MC PSN

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think we are already creating 1. RLMC has already informed me that a Commision has begun to form. So that will assist us in making this happen.

cshllb
  • cshllb

Really awesome guy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

A crew was created with the intent of helping to plan and coordinate this. Cloud if you get on gta tonight. would love to hash some things out with you on this.. I have a rough post up. and we have alot of ideas.

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I think we are already creating 1. RLMC has already informed me that a Commision has begun to form. So that will assist us in making this happen.

A commission for this or something else? Canada's commission isnt related to the MCTW other than possible attendants. 

brewcity_262
  • brewcity_262

7 Sins MC - President

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

PS3 commision is forming through RLMC with collaboration mainly with DWMC. We will be ready at ground level in a week. I am contacting other presidents, but as you have probably encountered on xbox, it is slow going. Our new website will be ready and we will roll along. It is exciting and thank you for your input. Once ground rules are finalized we will post thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users