» «
Photo

The Showroom: Karin Dilettante

9 replies to this topic
J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by J-Real, 24 December 2013 - 08:12 AM.

What is good in the hood fellas, had a bit of trouble getting on the internet today since the weather decided to be all Canadian and iced the crap out of my neighbourhood haha but let’s get this thread started already because this might be boring to some people :p The Karin Dilettante.

Ngr6n4M.png

uLGjUrZ.png

NEu8xR6.png

Background/Design

Environmentalists rejoice, the Dilettante is a 4 door hybrid sedan that resembles its real life counterpart the Toyota Prius. There really isn’t much to say about the history since it originated from GTA IV and hasn’t changed since then. It possesses minimal visual customization options but has a mediocre fan base within the GTAO community. The big difference between the Dilettante and the Voltic is that if you rev up to the max it’ll start its combustion engine, staying true to its hybrid nature.

Speed – 5.0

You can’t really expect a hybrid to be a car to use for racing can you? Yeah the Dilettante has probably one of the slowest top speeds of the game, and even if you decide to get engine upgrades for it you’ll still fall behind other compacts when in a race.

Handling – 5.5

Slow speed = good handling, but due to its skinny body it can get a little out of control when going through really tight corners. Another thing to note are the really small wheels, which makes its really rough when going on dirt roads.

Overall Rating – 5.5

I’m not saying that I don’t care about the environment but come on now, what good is this car in this game?! GTA V is all about chases, races and shooting… while this Dilettante is only good for one thing, and that’s getting 4 people from one place to another in average time. Even though it’s pretty much a sedan, it sits in the Compact category and even then there are way better compacts out there. Although I do see some people driving the Dilettante around, I’ve never seen anyone use it on a race before (It’s always either a Issi or Blista). When you do want a Dilettante, just wait til you find one to steal it because you’re going to get ripped off if you decide to buy it via online game. Don’t bother upgrading the engine as well, because it’s not like it’ll make such a big difference, or better yet just don’t get one at all :p

So what do you guys think of the Karin Dilettante?

And if you happen to own one, make sure to post pictures!

Barry Spock

11431446605_2f8304a199_o.jpg

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

A fox has a bushy tail, but Bush tells lies and a fox trots

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

Looooooooooool!

I knew you were going to review this car.

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

http://www.ncpa.org/...rticle_ID=14304

so tired of people saying the prius is environmentally friendly

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

The Dilettante, aka The Pussymobile.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Barry Spock, 23 December 2013 - 11:17 AM.

I was waiting for you to do this one.

For me, this car is the big connection to the film "The Other Guys". The main character in that drives a red prius and it's the butt of many a joke.  [There's actually a bit of back and forth between that movie - it mentions Grand Theft Auto twice and I'm pretty sure the hat tip went back the other way with the decision to have Lazlow drive a red Dilettante.]

I rewatched the movie recently and got all hyped to get ironic and drive around in a Dilettante!

11431446605_2f8304a199_o.jpg

I actually went with a red/white pearl instead of sticking with the stock red, not that you can tell. ANd I even upgraded the armour to 100%. Kept the rims stick for that authentic look.

BUT there are some cars in this game that you have to have a sense of humour to drive and then with the Dilettante you also have to be a masochist. Even with turbo and full engine upgrades I still came last in a compact race. You have to hand it to R* for getting the engine noises right with this one -- when it gets up to top speed you can indeed hear the combustion engine - but you can also hear that it's like a 1.4litre or something - it's straining like buggery.

And I have to disagree with J-real because it handles like sh*t. I don't think there's any worse modern car for handling.

Occasionally you can also see four NPC dudes cruisin around in one.

11431465804_2fc093e9e5_o.jpg

Edit: I forgot this one. I think he's epilepsy

11431493666_75297d6150_o.jpg

Either that or it's Dirty Mike and the boys about to have themselves a little screw party.

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Really wish the emblem would go on the side, had the idea to make one of these a neighborhood patrol car to replace my Merryweather version.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

it makes me mad mainly because they decided to bring this car back, but not the good cars from GTA 4

grrr

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Looooooooooool!

I knew you were going to review this car.

LOL what made you have that hunch? :p

http://www.ncpa.org/...rticle_ID=14304

so tired of people saying the prius is environmentally friendly

:O You just pulled some M Night Shyamalan sh*t on us, WHAT A TWIST!

The Dilettante, aka The Pussymobile.

Bahahaha 

I was waiting for you to do this one.

For me, this car is the big connection to the film "The Other Guys". The main character in that drives a red prius and it's the butt of many a joke.  [There's actually a bit of back and forth between that movie - it mentions Grand Theft Auto twice and I'm pretty sure the hat tip went back the other way with the decision to have Lazlow drive a red Dilettante.]

I rewatched the movie recently and got all hyped to get ironic and drive around in a Dilettante!

I actually went with a red/white pearl instead of sticking with the stock red, not that you can tell. ANd I even upgraded the armour to 100%. Kept the rims stick for that authentic look.

BUT there are some cars in this game that you have to have a sense of humour to drive and then with the Dilettante you also have to be a masochist. Even with turbo and full engine upgrades I still came last in a compact race. You have to hand it to R* for getting the engine noises right with this one -- when it gets up to top speed you can indeed hear the combustion engine - but you can also hear that it's like a 1.4litre or something - it's straining like buggery.

And I have to disagree with J-real because it handles like sh*t. I don't think there's any worse modern car for handling.

Occasionally you can also see four NPC dudes cruisin around in one.

Edit: I forgot this one. I think he's epilepsy

Either that or it's Dirty Mike and the boys about to have themselves a little screw party.

I never got a chance to fully watch that movie haha I've only seen parts of it and they were already funny. Well when I meant it had good handling I meant it as a car to use not for zooming in and around the city... simply just for cruising at slow speeds :p

But then again it's doesn't necessarily have the flash factor that a player would use to "cruise" around hehe.

Really wish the emblem would go on the side, had the idea to make one of these a neighborhood patrol car to replace my Merryweather version.

Keeping neighbourhoods safe with a Dilettante haha, kinda like the one that patrols around Franklin's area in Story Mode.

it makes me mad mainly because they decided to bring this car back, but not the good cars from GTA 4

grrr

Tell me about it man, ahem Blista Compact.

leinasan
  • leinasan

Everything She Wants

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members