cant update patch for fix for mouse problems, old file not found, argg

3 replies to this topic
thatfanmousguy
  • thatfanmousguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi All

I have a problem with GTA SA australian that i have installed on my pc with windows 8.

the mouse right click doesnt work.

so i have googled and searched everywhere and the advice seems to be to downlad and instal a patch version 1.1

however when i do this (tried both US and euro/AUS versions) i get the following error

"old file not found, however a file of the same name was found. no update was done since file contents do not match."

I also steam installed on my pc, someone suggested that i may have the steam version, however the Gta.exe file is not in the steam directory, it is in the normal rockstar games directory, and the file was last modified in 2005 so i dont think its v2 file.

could someone help please?

i have seen many people on the net have the same problem, but no one knows a fix.

thatfanmousguy
  • thatfanmousguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by thatfanmousguy, 25 December 2013 - 01:17 AM.

hi guys

also tried the tip of putting dinput8.dll in the folder, mouse still doesnt left click.

i see a few views, but no advice?

anyone?

do the guys at GTA care, lol i guess theydont have a hotline,

just tried the HP chat with technition, lol no help there.

Merry Chrismas everyone

also looked elswhere on these forums, and the mods have closed tthe discussions sometimes before a solution is reached.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

If you have the Second Edition DVD or the STEAM Download (v3) the Official Patch 1.01 has already been integrated into the those versions.

The patch 1.01 is only for the DVD First Edition game, which has not been available since 2006.

The First Edition was only available on DVD, so If you have a Stolen (warez/torrent/pirated) game you're on your own.

Install the game to C:/ with Admin Privileges.

If the mouse problem still occurs try the Win98 Mode.

Do not crack the game, use the DVD in the drive.

Windows 8 is not known for being friendly to the older games.

thatfanmousguy
  • thatfanmousguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:53 AM Edited by thatfanmousguy, 25 December 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Hi Weezle, no i dont have a cracked or pirated version of the game, i have a disc and a box i bought from EB games in australia.

as i have said above, the date modified for the gta_sa.exe file is the 5/8/2005 so i doubt it is a steam version or version 2. (however i could be wrong)

also i tried running the file in another compatability mode, the only options were windows xp, visa and windows 7 modes. i tried those and it didnt work.

do you know how (and could you please explain how to) run the file in win98 mode?

also, yes  the DVD is in the drive,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users