Starting to snow online

768 replies to this topic
Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Who cares if it doesn't snow in LA in real life? It's a game, we'll just have fun in the snow for a day.

• Yan2295 likes this

NotoriousJDP
  • NotoriousJDP

Love many, trust few.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by NotoriousJDP, 24 December 2013 - 12:56 AM.

the idea that R* would put snow in there version of L.A. is laughable at best. if you've spent a little time in L.A. you'd be blown away by how much L.S. mirrors that area. yes this game is unrealistic, but putting snow in a region that gets very little snow would be silly.

I suggest play The Simpsons Tapped Out if your into being festive.

Los Santos is based off LA but the fact that Los Santos isn't set in the exact spot of LA in the world is still something you have to consider. And you are a f*cking retard so go f*ck yourself.
but LS is still based in the US where it doesn't snow in states that have deserts. 

You're an idiot. Just because a state has a desert...doesn't mean it doesn't snow in that state. That's the stupidest things I've read today on this forum full of stupid. 
Just plain stupid. 

Here's a few states with deserts:

Arizona (Sonora Desert)
blanket-of-snow-in-the-sonoran-desert-mi

Nevada (Mohave Desert)
2-800.jpg

California (Death Valley)
deathvalleysnow.jpg

you got me. I'm sOo wrong. you posted pix, so you must be right. I'm pretty sure your last pic is photoshopped.

here's a little quote for you. "Snow with accumulation has only been recorded in January 1922, while scattered flakes have been recorded on other occasions

Ya know, I'm beginning to see why Online is in the state ii's in.  If this is the intelligence that the community here displays then I can only imagine how high the GTAO community's collective I.Q. is.  

And then give them the power to mod this game by only watching an online video and BAM! you have the biggest debacle in video game history.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 24 December 2013 - 01:19 AM.

the idea that R* would put snow in there version of L.A. is laughable at best. if you've spent a little time in L.A. you'd be blown away by how much L.S. mirrors that area. yes this game is unrealistic, but putting snow in a region that gets very little snow would be silly.

I suggest play The Simpsons Tapped Out if your into being festive.

Los Santos is based off LA but the fact that Los Santos isn't set in the exact spot of LA in the world is still something you have to consider. And you are a f*cking retard so go f*ck yourself.
but LS is still based in the US where it doesn't snow in states that have deserts. 

You're an idiot. Just because a state has a desert...doesn't mean it doesn't snow in that state. That's the stupidest things I've read today on this forum full of stupid. 
Just plain stupid. 

Here's a few states with deserts:

Arizona (Sonora Desert)

Nevada (Mohave Desert)
2-800.jpg

California (Death Valley)

you got me. I'm sOo wrong. you posted pix, so you must be right. I'm pretty sure your last pic is photoshopped.

here's a little quote for you. "Snow with accumulation has only been recorded in January 1922, while scattered flakes have been recorded on other occasions."

Saw this a few years ago when I was living in the california mohave.  It stayed around for a few days which was really surprising. Usually the most you'll see out there is snow flakes and it rarely sticks.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

You guys get off on f*cking with people. This thread should be locked. You're a bunch of scumbags. Or mentally retarded. In that case, have your fun.

Are you okay? You seem a little upset? If you're so certain that this thread should be locked, then perhaps you should provide a good reason why, with evidence if necessary. Otherwise, just leave. You're not contributing anything, and you're making yourself look like an idiot.

• s1ckmad3 and vRS19TD like this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

You guys get off on f*cking with people. This thread should be locked. You're a bunch of scumbags. Or mentally retarded. In that case, have your fun.

Are you okay? You seem a little upset? If you're so certain that this thread should be locked, then perhaps you should provide a good reason why, with evidence if necessary. Otherwise, just leave. You're not contributing anything, and you're making yourself look like an idiot.

I have already reported the "snowflakes" are pollen and have been in the game since the start. Am I upset? Not at all. This is just another thread to mess with the unknowing people and a chance for people to scream "Look at me". If you think I haven't contributed, that is your opinion. SO who looks like an idiot? Who contributed nothing? You, that's who.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Who cares if it doesn't snow in LA in real life? It's a game, we'll just have fun in the snow for a day.

Yeah, this is depressing. I can't believe people are getting pissed off that there's going to be snow in Los Santos. F*cking get over it.

• RAS_ZeroZ and s1ckmad3 like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Has it begun to actually snow yet? D:

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Nope.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

20 pages later.

Still no snow.

30 pages later

3 users have commit suicide

Another 30 pages later

5 mods have commit suicide.

• tom_p1980, Yan2295, 2281 and 2 others like this

Yan2295
  • Yan2295

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Guys, I don't think it will actually start snowing. It will probably juste appear when you will join a new lobby at midnight on Dec 25, as announced by somebody in this thread.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

I have already reported the "snowflakes" are pollen and have been in the game since the start.

Pollen??? What planet do you live on where pollen is that big?

• s1ckmad3 likes this

trainerdave
  • trainerdave

Hot Dog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I keep seeing people post about snow, and I am excited for it, but I still don't see anything! I admit it would take am amazing hacker/photoshopper to doctor the photos/vidoes of the snow...but I have nothing! How did they get footage of the snow, especially with other players online, yet no other evidence? What system was that from? I have the xbox360 and nothing!

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by deanstroyer, 24 December 2013 - 01:41 AM.

*deanstroyer took the easy way out*

• tom_p1980 and Jack Reacher like this

Yan2295
  • Yan2295

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

I keep seeing people post about snow, and I am excited for it, but I still don't see anything! I admit it would take am amazing hacker/photoshopper to doctor the photos/vidoes of the snow...but I have nothing! How did they get footage of the snow, especially with other players online, yet no other evidence? What system was that from? I have the xbox360 and nothing!

We call them "hackers".

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

I have already reported the "snowflakes" are pollen and have been in the game since the start.

You have a better description? It's certainly not snowflakes. It's random stuff like multiple people have already said before me.

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

Guys it's snowing.

Snowing bullsh*t on this thread.

• Yan2295 and PeinNegato like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

20 pages later.

Still no snow.

30 pages later

3 users have commit suicide

Another 30 pages later

5 mods have commit suicide.

I doubt this page get's over 30 pages before it snows. Cause it's going to, LOL

rpearsonx
  • rpearsonx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

They have hacked it so they could get it early but we get it Christmas Day apparently

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Soulless Minion of Orthodoxy

• Mars
  • Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Pandora.  I believe he's from Pandora. Because unless he was from Pandora, he'd be crazy to think it was pollen as pollen that large hasn't existed on Earth since the Cretaceous period.

• j0hn_d0e and Furry_Monkey like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

This thread sounds so much like the 2012 pre-release GTAV speculation hysteria, it's giving me PTSD. 

I put my bets on absolutely no snow, ever, in the Los Santos / Blaine County map. 

And that is very disappointing, because in the 2012 pre-release GTAV speculation hysteria, I at least expected one snow-covered mountain and a ski lodge and a skiing minigame.  Imagine my shock when there was no such thing.  :angry: Especially after the NY tease.  Rockstar marketing gave it to us, up the ass. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

You have a better description? It's certainly not snowflakes. It's random stuff like multiple people have already said before me.

Fluff?  Anything is a better description than pollen.  Seriously, something that big and you call it pollen?

inconceivable.jpg

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

Anything to get away from the point that it is not snow. Sorry guys. I am just a moron compared to all you brain surgeons.

pollen.jpeg

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Anything to get away from the point that it is not snow. Sorry guys. I am just a moron compared to all you brain surgeons.

pollen.jpeg

Seriously.... you are from some equatorial place, right?  You've only seen snow on TV, right? Right?? 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

"You ain't gotta like it cause the hood gon' love it"

• GrandTheftBatman and s1ckmad3 like this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

I saw this same stuff as I was scoping someone out... its not snowflakes... You all are looking too far into this..

I think it could snow on the 25th, but as of right now. its not.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

We need downloadable snowpants stat.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 24 December 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Denying that snow is imminent is like denying evolution

You wait and see.

• s1ckmad3 likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

You wait and see.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

At least TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!

Morons.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

For those of you saying it never snows in LA, it's always snowing in LA.  It's just a different kind of snow.  The kind you snort up your nose.

It would be funny if it actually snowed cocaine on Christmas day in GTAO, and every pedestrian on the map went absolutely nuts.

• stjimmy3 likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

You wait and see.

Anyone that says it won't happen is talking out of their arse.  I'm not saying it will - just that there's no way to know until that magic time kicks in and we see if the snow parameters in tunables actually do mean there'll be snow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users