DayZ standalone

714 replies to this topic
ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

Hey guys. Got back on DAYZ yeterday and randomly came across the GTAF server on the menu. Is everyone still active on the server these days or even actively play the at the moment?

If so, I'm up for teaming up for a group or whatever.

I think my Steam name is Ainsz put it's a joint PSN account so I'm never sure if it is but I can add you if anyone is interested.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

https://twitter.com/...574392159883264

For the first time in two months, and much back-and-forthing on both the stable and experimental branch, the 0.57 update is being pushed to stable as we speak. The extended maintenance period will probably last until at least 6pm CET, they usually do. Confirmed, 1900 CET

This is a gigantic update, with a lot of new items, a revamped loot system (again), and many new survival mechanics.

The biggest downside is that persistence of items and tents is disabled due to not working properly, we are back to servers resetting items on restarts. Vehicles, however, will be persistent, so you can still stash trucks to your heart's content.

OldWorldNomad
  • OldWorldNomad

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

Played the latest experimental prior to the push to Stable, and the loot-splosions were still a thing. No food throughout entire villages, to find tons and tons of items in certain locations. Expect this on Stabe, also.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Played the latest experimental prior to the push to Stable, and the loot-splosions were still a thing. No food throughout entire villages, to find tons and tons of items in certain locations. Expect this on Stabe, also.

This was caused by persistence and only happened after the servers were left doing their thing for too long, I think the lack of persistence should abate this issue.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

https://twitter.com/...574392159883264

For the first time in two months, and much back-and-forthing on both the stable and experimental branch, the 0.57 update is being pushed to stable as we speak. The extended maintenance period will probably last until at least 6pm CET, they usually do. Confirmed, 1900 CET

This is a gigantic update, with a lot of new items, a revamped loot system (again), and many new survival mechanics.

The biggest downside is that persistence of items and tents is disabled due to not working properly, we are back to servers resetting items on restarts. Vehicles, however, will be persistent, so you can still stash trucks to your heart's content.

Non persistent tents and still very little performance enhancments pushed to stable yet dissapoint. Are they pushing truck inventory to stable yet or is that still not a thing?

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Still not a thing.

Persistence not working is a bummer, but there's going to be loads of new stuff to do, find and try out in the mean time. They're also supposed to have fixed the godawful inventory lag, so that's a big load off our backs.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

I did watch a bit of septic falcons pre stable stream last night and noticed they had added an interior to those small military buildings where we were finding the grenades and clips from in 0.55.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

New ETA: 20-2100 CET.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

Updates out now and servers are backup hopped on for a bit and started gathering stuff.........looot splosions yahhh

eD3JUR5.jpg

got an sks with pu scope, a markov with 2 mags, high cap vest and most importantly food and drink.

I'm leaving the server open and un passworded for any whom would like to play.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:31 AM

Dudes, lootsplosion.

Spawn walk in the first room and find an amphibia on the floor. The loot is so good right now, me and wjf have matching skull blaclavas and so much crazy gear so fast. First characters, easily met up and found a tent so easily. Those porches on the guard rooms are so f*cking good, so many assault vests and good gear, 2 FNX's and AK's and mags all over the place.

And that new Baikal single shot 7.62x39 rifle f*cking OWNS.

ZoanlfJ.jpg

Some screens from a month ago where we went onto a pub server to PvP some f*ckers in electro, got D/C'ed as someone just opened the door to our fortified OP point. Managed to run outside and see they were fully geared and would have killed us if the server didn't reset.

We then did it again another day and a freshspawn ran in and we recruited him and had him follow us around. I got shot and knocked unconscious but

managed to survive, we gave him a longhorn and 1 shot. He spotted some dude hiding in bushes and as the guy started running I was about to say over comms "dont run we ain't hostile" then the newbie fires his f*cking hand cannon and wakes up the whole forrest, it took us 5 mins to regroup after that. Got d/c'ed and lost our new friend. But you can find non hostiles, which is nice.

llWsi24.jpg

Zu9GhEi.jpg

sXaJevh.jpg

6SqURDo.jpg

hb4ieG6.jpg

• wjf and ManularChimera like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

Anyone still play this (on Oyster's server)?

It seems to be running a lot better for me now since I last had a shot. I haven't come across much tasty loot but then again I'm in the middle of some forest in the middle of nowhere.
  • Daz likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

I would be up for joining you again kirsty it has been a while since we drove into the sunset without clothes :) we can see if jelly is about and daz and his group is about to join up with us.
  • Daz and Kirsty like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:41 PM Edited by Daz, 30 July 2015 - 09:47 PM.

Me and wjf still play, but we are on public servers.

We had an epic run-in today. At the south west airfield, heard gunshots, wjf went in to investigate and I had a scoped CR527, almost had a shot on the guy through the prison building window, eventually we spotted him run past and wjf nailed his ass with his awesome polymer AK-74 with kashtan scope and silencer, and I was overwatching from the hill, made the mistake of not SAS finisher'ing the c*nt and he got up and killed wjf but I managed to get my shot off on the f*cker straight after.

He ended up making it back there in less than 10 mins and I killed the f*cker a second time, c*nt must have been pissed. Server restarted and the guns I saved and put on the floor vanished, so that sucked arse. I guess no more storing guns in a bush like we did before.

But that hunting scope man, f*ck me, so accurate, so piss to get kills. Never missed with it, all 7 shots I fired hit their target, 2 each on 2 zombies sighting it in then the other 3 on that poor twit. So it's pretty f*cking useful.

2fRlnZp.jpg

Ownt, the 2nd time:
yhfdIX5.jpg

From a few weeks ago, zeroing our scopes:
pRgNnPZ.jpg

Also: I now have a f*ckin' sword:
7lKZZA0.jpg

• Kirsty, TJGM and Ciaran like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:33 PM Edited by TJGM, 04 May 2016 - 06:55 PM.

.60 released today, downloading DayZ now to give it a try. I'm not expecting much on my setup, but I could run the mod at pretty high settings and get a somewhat decent FPS in cities, so I'm hoping it's at least on that level.

EDIT: Seems like all the servers are full. I guess I'll wait until later tonight and try it again.
  • Daz and Ciaran like this

Sikee Atric
  • Sikee Atric

Caption Competition Host & Paleto's Legal Shine Brewer.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

I am gonna be having a looksie at Experimental this patch as well.... Curious as to the fps improvements myself.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

so haven't played this in a long time

do we got vehicles yet?

do zombies still walk right through walls?

Sikee Atric
  • Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

so haven't played this in a long time

do we got vehicles yet?
do zombies still walk right through walls?

Yes and no.... In that order.

The changelog Wiki is showing lots of graphical bugs right now on version 1 of this build. But your questions are fixed issues.

The vehicles are not just pick up and drives. There's bits all over the map and just finding one is only phase 1 of driving them.
  • CrysisAverted likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:27 PM Edited by TJGM, 05 May 2016 - 11:30 PM.

Managed to play for about two hours, pretty good so far. I couldn't find any ammo unfortunately and I got a lot of stutters in cities, although that's likely my awful CPU. Performance is much better, I'd consider .60 to be the most playable version DayZ Standalone has ever been.

Useless screens are useless.

b9MPxuL.jpg

bFoe9lW.jpg

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Can't seem to connect to any server/find any server of the experimental branch. So far it looks indeed the most playable and enjoyable DayZ iteration. (they brought back unused gear/stuff and added a f*ckton more).

Also the new renderer runs alot better and looks quite the deal too.

I just hope they hurry the F up now and add the survival elements, animals, hunting, sickness and all that sh*t back. Not to mention ZOMBIES. Holy f*ck this game is out for what, 2/3 years and they still haven't made the game how it should be? Zombie survival simulator with PVP elements? Now it's still, as it is, a gearhording fest that's PvP only.

Ah well, early acces forever?

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:07 AM Edited by Daz, 13 May 2016 - 09:44 PM.

I haven't played since last patch when they added Glock 19's. I have been mostly pre-occupied with H1Z1 and Rust. But I should probably get back on this.

Best thing they added recently was the ability to reload non detatchable magazine weapons by equipping a stack of ammo in your quickbar then hitting that key to manually add the rounds in. But I think they lowered the amount of quickbar items, so that kind of sucks.

Defo down for playing sometime, I just wish they would fix it so people couldn't just sprint and strafe at you in close quarters and able to hit you with a cooking pot despite spraying with an SMG. Kind of damn lame when that happens.

• FullMetal likes this

Sikee Atric
  • Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

I have mucked around on Experimental on several occasions now....

Even with my old GTX 750, I was getting 30fps, mid settings in city centres, the difference is impressive.

I have now fitted my donated card (A GTX Titan) and basically maxed out I am clocking 50 in cities and 120 in the country. Now the difference is astounding.

For the first time in several months, it feels like big progress. Roll on the 64 bit client now with later Enfusion updates.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Say what? What sorcery is that? A GTX Titan? As in the OG Titan?

The only time I get 50 fps is if I'm staring at open water on the coast. I've had to turn nearly everything down to keep a stable framerate, and I'm using a Titan X 

What CPU do you have and what's the clockspeed if you don't mind saying?

Sikee Atric
  • Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

Say what? What sorcery is that? A GTX Titan? As in the OG Titan?

The only time I get 50 fps is if I'm staring at open water on the coast. I've had to turn nearly everything down to keep a stable framerate, and I'm using a Titan X 

What CPU do you have and what's the clockspeed if you don't mind saying?

It is the Experimental Branch 0.60.

Not just the Titan, but the Enfusion Engine as well.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

Oh! I see. Thanks.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:59 AM

I'm waiting until this gets pushed to stable branch before I dive in to the new engine. The variable fps has allways bothered me as much as I still loved playing it can't wait to have decent fps in towns will make everything feel more twitchy.
  • Daz and FullMetal like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users