Photo

DayZ standalone

552 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, A week ago.

Yeah I'm not expecting my PC to handle it very well either to be honest, i predict i'll be playing on the lowest graphical settings possible with FPS at around 30 at most. Thing is that might be quite optimistic haha.

EDIT: Very first impressions..

When i first enter a server it lags like f*ck, freezing for maybe 6 seconds, then unfreezing, only to freeze again in the same way at least another 3 times, i suspect if there was a player or a zombie nearby while this was happening to me i would be killed, as i literally can't play or do anything useful while it does this.

Not being able to sprint up hills or slopes, no matter how small and slight the slope is.... Seriously? This needed fixing before they released the alpha, i literally can't run up a subtle hill sides, he stops sprinting and just walks until he gets back on level ground at which point he sprints again. Kind of flabbergasted at the retardedness.

Screen resolution is now normal but that's dropped the FPS by quite a bit and it's significantly laggy right now, even on the low graphical settings i have. (EDIT: Just made the settings even lower, everything on Normal pretty much and the FPS is back up to a playable state, but everything is now quite ugly and blurry.)

Game won't minimize which is f*cking annoying, the Windows button doesn't work and when i go to start task manager, it acts as if it's about to go to the desktop screen for a split second then just goes back to DayZ, so basically i have to fully exit the game to browse the web or do anything else.

Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted A week ago

Maybe your PC specs aren't good enough to play it at no matter what the settings maybe? Also, you can change the blur effects in the settings too. I've never had a problem with the game minimizing but I've not played it on the latest patch either, so it might of changed.

As for the sprinting up hills, its the same case in ARMA 2/ARMA 3. Anyway, the trick is to walk diagonally up the hill so you can still run and not have to walk, just switch it up each side the further you go along so you stay in the right direction.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, A week ago.

Lmao, really? So military simulators haven't quite cracked the ability to let people run up hills yet? Pathetic. Please tell me this is on their radar to fix in the near future.

And yeah my PC really isn't good enough to play this on high settings, it is playable on "normal" settings but it really is quite ugly, mainly due to the blur, i'll check the blur effects in a bit see if i can tweak it to look nice.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted A week ago

Its a simulator, you kind of answered your own question there.

If you need to know if you can run the game on which settings check out ''canirunit'' at least then you'll know for sure. I play on High or max I think without issues, but PC parts will be different.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

So when can we expect the ability to run up a hill do you think? Will it be implemented in a future update or is that unlikely since it wasn't even possible on Arma 2?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Lmao, really? So military simulators haven't quite cracked the ability to let people run up hills yet? Pathetic.

I'd love for you to strap on a 125lb ruck sack then shoulder an M4 carbine and try sprinting up hills.

we'll see how pathetic you are then.

this game is built off the ArmA engine. ArmA is extremely realistic.

this is not Call of Duty.

• MyMothersMySister, Daz and SolidSnails like this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted A week ago

Arma isn't extremely realistic, it's a game with clunky controls and horrible movement. Using the term 'realistic' in a game is dumb.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

Arma isn't extremely realistic, it's a game with clunky controls and horrible movement. Using the term 'realistic' in a game is dumb.

No game is realistic. A game like call of duty or battlefield aren't realistic either.

Battlefield does a great job at being smooth and feeling legit and immersively 'realistic'.

ArmA is attempts to create one of the more 'realistic' combat simulators. And yes simulators tend to be somewhat more clunky in controls. But you know what, it takes time to get to know the controls (not like your off the mill FPS game or console game that just requires you to be able to hold a controller).

Still anyways, DayZ is getting better each month. Almost a year since it launched the Standalone and I'm enjoying it more and more (and also STILL enjoying it).

Almost had my hands on a AKSu but the thing was ruined and when I was trying to inspect it my pants/shoes got ruined for some reason instantaneously. So yeah. Have a fully geared character tho with a Gorka E helmet and visors.

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well technically in real life you could run up a hill faster diagonally than you could straight. So in that respect it is somewhat correct. As long as the angle was 45 degrees or less you would have less of a need to raise your leg higher making it easier to climb.

But this is stupid, why am I even talking about this sh*t? I may as well be complaining that the sardines and the tuna are in the wrong tins.

sh*t is is so unimportant considering all the other bullsh*t they need to fix first.

Is the water/well system still the same? I would hate not being able to swig 20 times from the well.

I might jump on this coming week as I will have some more time. I don't know if I should ditch my gear in favor for more sh*t, or keep going with it till I die?

Though I still had my 60 round stacks of ammo last time I played, does that sh*t just not function now? Because same goes for the 60 round mags, all sh*t is there, or am I going to be hitting an empty chamber when I go to fire on some c*nt?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Is persistence disabled for characters at them moment? I hopped on a server and a had a default character. I was getting messages in game saying persistence is disabled until a future patch. Is it like that on other servers or was it just the one I was on. Didn't have time to check another server although I wouldn't mind starting a new character but I'm slightly attached to my over 6 month old character.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, A week ago.

Lmao, really? So military simulators haven't quite cracked the ability to let people run up hills yet? Pathetic.

I'd love for you to strap on a 125lb ruck sack then shoulder an M4 carbine and try sprinting up hills.

we'll see how pathetic you are then.

this game is built off the ArmA engine. ArmA is extremely realistic.

this is not Call of Duty.

Before you go off on some ridiculous tip about me carrying a sh*t ton of weight and running up hills (too late, i know), you need to remember...

1. My character is a fresh spawn holding absolutely nothing.
2. A lot of these hills aren't overly significant hills, more like mild slopes that you could easily run up.

EDIT: I agree there's more important things to focus on but c'mon, my first play through i was thrown into a situation where a zombie chased me up a hill, a hill that anyone carrying nothing at all could easily run up, and would run up straight forward out of intuition, it wasn't even that far up, just seems like this is overly focused on real life protocol and removing straight forward natural human abilities like running forward up a hill just completely threw me off, to be honest it's counter intuitive. Thing is i know people in the army, the navy, the RAF and the marines, i know for a fact if i showed them this they would laugh out loud and tell me multiple stories about how they ran up hills more extreme in real life carrying full equipment. Even if a hill was steep i'd want the ability to scramble up it which would still be faster than walking, anyway this is a zombie apocalypse not a routine military patrol.

For this to be "extremely realistic" they would need to keep the ability to run straight up a hill, even if it results in an embarrassingly slow pace and maybe a bad back when carrying full equipment. Believe it or not in real life there are numerous reasons why someone wouldn't run up a hill diagonally in certain situations, and that's without counting the zombie apocalypse factor.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

Most of the latest features with the current stable build.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Goddamnit I'm looking for AKSu's/5.45 mags and ammo!

So far I have 60 rounds of 5.45 sweetness... and a AK74. But apart from that no mags to feed it with (and not the AKSu which I need to till up my High Capacity vest).

But whatever, having alot of fun. Three people have come across me and all three thought I was hostile. They guessed wrong and used violence against me.

And I answer violence with violence. And here I am still fully geared up back at NW military base (From which I started going down south to Balota. Balota to Cherno and then back up again).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users