• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

Lol that was amazing.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Finally, my good luck fishing hook no longer needs to waste one of my inventory slots!

http://i.imgur.com/H5rnzAB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f1Dcftq.jpg

You can also hide a knife in your boot now (on experimental).

Zefy
  • Zefy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by Zefy, 04 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

Hiding a knife? That's really cool. I had an idea of hiding a mini pistol in your boots, the only way it would become noticeable is if you'd take them off. Unfortunately I never seem to be taken hostage, probably because I scream profanity at anyone who attempts to cuff me.

Haven't enjoyed the game for a while, me and my friends put in over 200 hours together, but it just seems like we're eithe hiding in an empty town or getting killed by hackers. Do you guys still visit the airfield? I haven't died there legitimately in ages. I miss Elektro and Balota quite a lot, but I know if they moved the spawns there, the hackers would be 100x worse.

Vurses
  • Vurses

Nicolas Cage's Personal Ass-Cleaner

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I really wish my laptop wasn't as much of a hunk of sh*t as it is, I'd LOVE to play DayZ, except things aren't fair in life. So I play DayZ constantly getting pristine rare-items ruined by f*cking lag, causing me to miss the zombie waisting condition of my melee weapon or wasting my ammo from a gun, either way it just isn't fun. And of course I don't have a job or any source of money making to help me get a better rig so, dayz sadly sits in a dusty corner of my steam library ;c

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Chemlights, tents, and rifle camouflage (burlap) on experimental.

More importantly, ZOMBIE PATHFINDING is on exp. Coming soon™.

• FullMetal likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Have they changed the tents in anyway? Spawn point possibly or just extra storage?

marmoo
  • marmoo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Bought this months ago and played it for about 5 mins. Havent played it since. Not because I did not like it but because all my friends are on the Mod at the moment and at that time had much more options

How is SA shaping up at the moment?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Try it out, no use in summing it all up. More fun and more awe when you discover all the new things yourself (or read the changelogs).

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

They should add more types of ballistics vests or 'plate carrier' vests. I already talked to a good friend of mine who recently got into DayZ that they should also add a system with these plate carriers that one has to place in 'SAPI plates'/'kevlar plates' into the vests to let them provide (apart from load bearing) a protective ability.

Let's say that from 'longer ranges' these vests/plates would provide a decent amount of protection (in other words: a couple of rounds that would hit you at that range in your chest area would not result in any damage at all). Tho, these plates will break after a couple of rounds and would be rendered 'almost useless' to their protective ability. This being said it would bring a touch of realism and that extra layer against of protection against aggressors.

You'd also be able to find these ballistic plates at police stations (but higher chances at military bases/random heli crashes or hell, when vehicles are there in the back of some military trucks).

pdwU74V.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive, I suppose.

Hopefully there will also be modular pouches so that it can be useful, unlike the other protective vests currently in the game.
  • FullMetal likes this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Is this game fun solo? I'll be honest, I'm a primarily console gamer, and I prefer my Xbox for nearly every genre of gaming, but I do play on PC. But I literally do not know a single person that plays PC and I am forced to play alone whenever I play on PC(I mostly play single player RTS games on PC anyways). But I've been watching lots of videos of DayZ and it looks very fun, but it also looks like it might be frustrating to play solo.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

HELL f*ckING YES JELLY. As you said, modular pouches would also be a great idea.

I like their current inventory system. Each 'item/vest/backpack/...' has a certain number of inventory slots and certain items take up a certain amount of inventory slots. 

ALTHOUGH: I kind of hate the fact you can put a huge AK magazine and a 'ammo case/storage box' inside of a military styled pants. It just doesn't make any sense. They should change it somewhat that certain types of clothing/gear can only carry certain types of items. Or specified: you can still fill up six slots in the same military BDU pants but it won't be a storage space of 6 slots. But three times 2 slots (so it means it can contain 3 AK magazines or 3 times 2 item slots.... or six times one item slots. Which makes alot more sense in my opinion.

Same for the illogical option to put a helmet and a ammo container inside of a plate carrier. That only has like, small magazine pouches at best.

SIDENOTE: TL;DR concerning my current characters.

Both got fully geared characters with again a proper amount of ammo, gear, containers and weapons. Again, both on hardcore and normal mode have an SKS with enough ammo and also enough AK attachments (and drum mags/regular mags). Still need to find one for f*cks sake.

Altho, on hardcore, I killed a dude at Western Balota prison building. I sneaked up on the building, saw that most doors were closed (only prison/door downstairs to the 'office' were open. Decided to sneak up and engage the room (in which I assumed the guy to be in). Succesfully opened the door, sliced the pie and engaged him instantly (he was hiding behind the bunk beds). Ten rounds of sweet NUGGETx39 rounds into the poor f*cker's face. Pretty much all his gear was pristine (luckily I shot him properly not ruining his stuff).

He had a sh*tton of ammo, sh*tton of gear. He even had the LONGHORN. Took all of it, and left.

Would be shaping up to be something awesome if they continue to add in more stuff and listen to 'our' feedback, the players. And not listen to the constant bitching of idiots who don't grasp the concept of the game (they want it more to be about survival than PVP eventho PVP is a big part of the game due to the hostile, violent and dangerous nature of the game).

So, that CIRAS lookin' plate carrier... probably in experimental right? How many slots does it contain?

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

Unfortunately the plate carrier is just in the game files, has been since release, and there are no current plans for it. It resurfacing this week led the devs to comment on it, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for it. :(

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Holy f*ck goddamnit.

Please, more protective gear!!! That also has a f*cking use. I want more kinds of helmets.... I want sunglasses that actually work. I want Gasmasks and Motorcycle helmets to actually obstruct your vision.

More immersiveness!

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Anyone got any idea when playable vehicles are coming to DayZ?

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

YOYO REPRZENTIN PURPLE 9S UP IN DIS BIATCH

32gyGXg.jpg

WAT UP YALL RED JACKS UP IN HERE

zoPsVYt.jpg
  • Daz, FullMetal and Finite like this

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

0.47 is hitting stable RIGHT NOW. https://twitter.com/...373919986835456

Persistence is not in yet, needs more fixes, but presumably respawning loot is. Hopefully it will be less broken than on EXP.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Can't wait on more updates. Saved a french dude on Hardcore today (he was bleeding like a pig and zombies were chasing him near the Eastern Prison building at Balota.

Shouted to get his ass into the building and I'd take care of the zeds (AK is the motherf*ckin' tool). Once we were inside I told him to strip all his sh*t so I could have a look at his gear and take what I wanted for saving his life. Got some nuggets from him (7.62x39 rounds), took his pristine can opener and gave him a pristine fully filled canteen and some food. He didn't realise how much I helped him... but I told him to f*ck off and looted the base on my own (odd enough the entire base was unlooted, no one there except him (and I guess he logged out asap).

And starting to look like I'm on my own in DayZ again... all my friends are getting bored of it (because they KOS everyone because they are afraid to ask who's friendly or not).

I like to take the risk eventhough I hate it and sometimes go on a little KOS routine. But mostly I instantly back down from it again and give people a chance. I am a pessimistic f*ck that doesn't think people are good but deep down inside I still cherish the hope for people being genuinly good.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Got some kills today.

E7RH87I.png

This dude (well, female model, but a GRILE? ON TE INTARNET? yeah right) took potshots at us while we ran towards the power station in Elektro, got in some good hits - at least on me. Solid torso hit, lost a lot of blood and ruined my jacket.

We took cover in the fire station, closed all the doors and tried to search for some extra bandages, as in our wisdom we had managed to not focus on looting enough rags and bandages. Closed all the doors and waited out the siege, as heshe continued taking potshots at the fire station itself. Eventually dudechick opened the first garage door and was promptly killed. Then the server restarted before we could loot the body ;_;

RVS579D.png

These two dudes was mindin' dey bidniss trying to enter the Berezino hospital. I promptly decided to shoot them, because that's my entertainment in this game. They made the questionable decision of huddling up in a corner instead of running to a place where they'd actually have cover, so I don't feel too bad for them. Both had SKSes.

• Daz, Moonshield and FullMetal like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

SKS plebs should be put down. Atleast, this is the reasoning when you have an AK. If you only have an SKS it's nugget power ftw.

Killed quite alot of AK wielding dummies with SKS before tho. So yeah.

Also thanks for sharing Jelly, had a good laugh out of it. Moar survivor stories please.

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Put the game on the other day for the first time since the bullsh*t zombie update months ago.

Faster sprint with a weapon.

NEW sh*t!

Dislikes:

Slower movement when aimed.

Weapon does not move where you look instantly like it used to which makes it unrealistic and stupid.

I still have all my gear, (including payday mask under my helmet) and my 60 round stacks of 5.56. Got a 1911 and a CZ75 still, hoping for finding some magazines.

I really can't stress enough that it should be a rule that every found weapon should at LEAST have 50% chance of being found with a magazine in the weapon. It is bullsh*t that this random russian island is so safety consious about having loaded weapons laying around, yet don't mind leaving them on shelves in schools and office blocks for anyone to pick up.

• Moonshield and FullMetal like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Those 60 round stacks are useless bro. THey well disappear when you try to put them into a magazine or split them up. Enjoy scavenging for 5.56's because you're going to have a bad time with that.

And yeah, currently sick of the OP'd zombies again. They ruin your sh*t two hits.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

What about the 60 round dual clamped magazines?

Not much point me even keeping an M4 if all my ammo and mags are f*cked.

I also forgot to mention the red dot now sucks arse, it is so far away from your eye it is more difficult to see with than just an iron sight.

So f*cking dumb. What c*ntbag has his head that far away from the sight?

• Moonshield likes this

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

The 60 round magazines are fine. Only the 60 round stacks are broken. You can only make stacks of 30 now.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Righto.

Also what is the deal with being wet now? Got f*cking soaked and had to hide in a shed, does it just degrade items or is it more of a stamina reducer?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Righto.

Also what is the deal with being wet now? Got f*cking soaked and had to hide in a shed, does it just degrade items or is it more of a stamina reducer?

Not sure yet... but I think your health gets f*cked up more easily (you get hurt quicker or some sh*t I guess).

Needs more f*cking updates this game. Eager to have more sh*t. But most of all: tweak the f*cking zeds for f*cks sake.

• Daz likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 13 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.

DayZ is coming to the PS4 according to PlayStation on Facebook, more news at Gamescom.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

I was hoping for that, because with a controller I could play this for hours without any sort of physical pain.

However, if it will only be in a form of early access and not a finished product somewhat that will be a problem.

Even taken as what it exists as of now it would be fine, I just would love everything that does exist in the game now to be fixed properly.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Well the game is already thoroughly enjoyable. And each update gives me more hope to have a final stable product with all the promised features readily available (and only then having updates like more content without having to fix the base, core gameplay).

I still don't think DayZ will be that great of an experience on a console/with a controller. I just can't imagine what kind of clusterf*ck it would be to work with the inventory and such/to loot and be at guard with a controller. I just can't imagine.

I played Operation Flashpoint on a console before and I hated it. Games like that are just not meant to be on consoles. PERIOD. No matter how you twist it. Same thing that a fighting game works so much better on a console/with a controller (but due to the glorious PC gaming master race we can play with controllers on our superior godlike gaming machines).

f*ck YEAH SAWN OFF MOSINS

• Daz likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Double post: got the best run ever with my brother. Spawned in Svetlo and we worked our way from the northern towns all the way to North Western. Looted everything numerous times.

Had the best geared up character ever. sh*tloads of storage space, 500+ 7.62x39 and 300 ish 5.56x45, AKM with in total 4 drum mags and 3 regular mags. AK101 with 4 magazines and alot of attachements.

Even had a makarov with magazine.

On a server with 2 other people going south running away from sh*ttons of zombies. We were convinced no one was at NW. Open up one prison building and get sprayed the f*ck down. Kind of... bummed out big time. Will take a long time before I even bother playing DayZ again. I really REALLY got mad big time.

• Daz likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 16 August 2014 - 02:28 PM.

You know the rules of dayz. Once you reach the top there's only one place you can go from there and that's down.

Also my dayz server will be down for a couple of months I have to look after the pennies this next month or so. I will rehire it for another 6 months then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users