Quantcast

» «
Photo

Converting cars from GTA3 directly to GTASA?

2 replies to this topic
AlexGRFan97
  • AlexGRFan97

Builder of Robots, Conqueror of Arenas

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Firstly, I hope this is the right section. I searched hard and couldn't find anything about 3 to SA. Anyway, I've converted a couple cars from Vice City using 3DS Max, as you can see from the IMG links, below, but then I tried converting a car from GTA 3 using the same method and ran into a spot of bother, so to speak. Now, those with more experience may notice these aforementioned conversions are the Furore and the Dodge Neon lookalike from Myriad Islands, which were never converted for the SA version. The car I aim to convert from GTA 3 is this lowpoly Opel Astra coupe so I can try and make it look like a sequel to the Vincent as the badge and other stuff are in the .txd, rather than actual 3d models. The problems began later on in 3DS Max, when I got this error message that said "more than 1 hierarchy links were selected. only 1 is allowed in dff." This is where I think something went wrong. So I followed a youtube video which connected the chassis to the .dff via schematics or something, and the car then exported successfully. I replaced the Vincent in IMGTool and viewed the car in GGMM, where it looked like it worked, except that the wheels were missing. I loaded up the game and loaded up CarSpawner, and tried spawning it, but nothing happened, just like what happens when you try directly putting a VC car into SA without converting it. The car also loads up in DFF Viewer, but with one wheel only. Is this the problem, or did I screw up the conversion elsewhere? If you like, I'll try typing up my exact conversion process. Thanks in advance.

2i9lc1d.jpg2monywk.jpg <--- My conversions from Myriad Islands

2a64fn5.jpgThe car that is causing me problems, viewed in GGMM (left), and DFF Viewer (right)

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

use the schematics view and compare a SA car to your mod

AlexGRFan97
  • AlexGRFan97

Builder of Robots, Conqueror of Arenas

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'll try that. Maybe it was simply organised wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users