Anyone else scared of playing Online?

21 replies to this topic
Bloothehedgehog
  • Bloothehedgehog

Third Street Saint

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm scared to play this game. 

Not like, "oh golly, a monster might pop out of nowhere and kill me" but actually scared to play this game and lose everything. Never have I said that before. I have been lucky enough not to meet any hackers yet, and I am not gonna play online till all these game ruining bugs are fixed...anyone else scared of playing Online?

Mr Monoply
  • Mr Monoply

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Go home kid

• Jack Reacher, urban_RED_NECK and whereisthesearchbar like this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Just learn how to mod the game it takes like 15 minutes

Peter Smith
  • Peter Smith

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm scared to play this game. 
Not like, "oh golly, a monster might pop out of nowhere and kill me" but actually scared to play this game and lose everything. Never have I said that before. I have been lucky enough not to meet any hackers yet, and I am not gonna play online till all these game ruining bugs are fixed...anyone else scared of playing Online?

Um no? My daughter or my gf might be.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

if you're that afraid to lose things, then you're holding on too tightly. that applies in life as well as this video game.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

I am a little worried about joining a general session, I don't want to be given billions and have to go through the hassle of reporting it and everything else. I just want to play the game fair and square, I only have a few cars in the garage and I don't want to fill it with stupid chrome things.... I could mod the game I have the technical skills, but I don't want to, I just want to play and enjoy it, not get everything at once and then complain that it's boring...

• blakeney and Odesza like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Well make an Invite Only session with your friends.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

aha get a life

• whereisthesearchbar likes this

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

I am a little worried about joining a general session, I don't want to be given billions and have to go through the hassle of reporting it and everything else. I just want to play the game fair and square, I only have a few cars in the garage and I don't want to fill it with stupid chrome things.... I could mod the game I have the technical skills, but I don't want to, I just want to play and enjoy it, not get everything at once and then complain that it's boring...

This is exactly where I sit on this.

I do still play in general servers just like a did before, but I'll be making a fast retreat if the cash is being splashed!

I could hack myself right now if I wanted, but like you say it would just ruin the game for me.....

I remember back in the Amiga days my mates dad used to tell us off for using cheat codes, saying "It ruins the game", we thought he ment it ruins the floppy disk.... I remember the day i was using god mode cheats on a game well before I completed it (on ps1), then his dads voice entered my head, and it clicked in place what he ment lol!!

• Magick likes this

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:38 AM Edited by Magick, 22 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.

I really don't get why people are so freaked out about normal lobbies. Haven't you come across modders before? If anything happens to you, immediately reset/quit game (not from pause menu) and it will be like it never happened

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

I remember back in the Amiga days my mates dad used to tell us off for using cheat codes, saying "It ruins the game", we thought he ment it ruins the floppy disk.... I remember the day i was using god mode cheats on a game well before I completed it (on ps1), then his dads voice entered my head, and it clicked in place what he ment lol!!

Amiga Pah... Atari ST was far better (LOL No Console wars).. I do spend time playing in invite only sessions or Crew only 

• blakeney likes this

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Amiga Pah... Atari ST was far better (LOL No Console wars).. I do spend time playing in invite only sessions or Crew only 

Amiga 1200 with 2x floppy drives (no swapping) or GTFO!:p

I do play on crew only sessions often too, sucks for matchmaking though, so when I'm solo and want host races/missions, I go to a normal server.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

I have been playing online in GTA0 public sessions for a few weeks, and I have gotten a couple of gifts, out of the blue.  Now I am afraid that the IRS knows that various hackers have given me about US$ 6000 this year and they will expect me to pay taxes on it.  Keeps me up at night.  :p

In reality, the hacker money that has been dropped on me has very favorably changed the way I play the game.  I used to have to run around to scoop up every little bit of NPC dropped cash of $15 or $20 so I could afford ammo.  I used to heavily weigh the benefits versus cost of doing 3 or 4 store robberies, or the armored car.  There was so much tension.  It wasn't fun.  :/

But as expected, money does buy happiness.  Now I just need to find some hackers that can change my race stats, so they indicate that I have won enough races to get my engine and transmission performance upgrades.  :)

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Best session I ever had was last night in a lobby - it only took one 2billion bounty, and the place went into meltdown.

You have to live a session with 15 players going rabid over each other.

Spectacular.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Amiga 1200 with 2x floppy drives (no swapping) or GTFO!:p

I do play on crew only sessions often too, sucks for matchmaking though, so when I'm solo and want host races/missions, I go to a normal server.

No disk swapping lol. Obviously never played monkey island 2 then. I did nothing but swap disks on that game, even with 2 drives.
  • _d3xt3r_ likes this

=JudgeDrey=
  • =JudgeDrey=

Judges you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Best session I ever had was last night in a lobby - it only took one 2billion bounty, and the place went into meltdown.

You have to live a session with 15 players going rabid over each other.

Spectacular.

I hear that lol. I've never seen a 2B bounty, but a few 50 to 100mil bounties. And like you said, what spectacular chases it brings out of people lmao!

• _d3xt3r_ likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

This.

I've pretty much gone to just playing crew/invite only sessions till everything is properly fixed unless I'm playing TDM.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

If I'm honest, forgetting the 2billion bounty, that was how GTAO Freemode should be played.

Wild, Rabid, Postal, Destruction.

My thumbs were numb when I finished ...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

If I'm honest, forgetting the 2billion bounty, that was how GTAO Freemode should be played.

To be honest that's how GTAO was the first few days without any cheaters, especially day 1 lol going to the clothes store was f*cking ridiculous.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

To be honest that's how GTAO was the first few days without any cheaters, especially day 1 lol going to the clothes store was f*cking ridiculous.

Yep - maybe R* should learn a lesson from all this...

Every hour, drop in a million dollar bounty on a random player....

That would only work if the billionaires are reset though :D

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yep - maybe R* should learn a lesson from all this...

Every hour, drop in a million dollar bounty on a random player....

That would only work if the billionaires are reset though :D

A player hunt sort of thing wouldn't be so bad, imo they'd probably have to make it an NPC in case it happens in a lobby that has low-high level players because it would just be unfair.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Get enough ammo to buy a new house, and then start playing GTA once your internet is better and you have a better view of the lake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users