Trolls with Tanks in GTA Online

84 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I always use a tank now. Had to a many issues with this in the past the best idea is to fight back and be a dick to everyone else. It's not like it is impossible to stop someone in a tank so I don't understand why it is that big of a deal. Although some guy that sounded like he was in his 40's was bitching on his mic about me blowing his car up last night, I hunted him down and killed him over and over again. He finally went to passive mode and stood in front of my tank and flipped me off, not knowing I could still kill him by rolling over him. The greatest thing that could happened was he put a bounty on me so everyone in the session came towards me and I got to stack up on the number of kills when they realized I was in a tank.

" It's not like it is impossible to stop someone in a tank so I don't understand why it is that big of a deal."
So... how DO you stop someone in a tank then, hmmm? And it is a very big deal to those of us that don't abuse the glitches in the game. Kind of ironic how those that have a tank have certainly abused the money glitch to get it.... and while that's happening, us good people don't have a tank and play fair. And we're getting screwed by R* because the glitchers don't have to pay for other's destroyed cars or be a bad sport!
WTF!
I hope R* bans the use of tanks. Nobody with a tank should be complaining about ANYTHING.

Rockstar babied u kids so much u forgot how harsh gta games are

Learn how to survive again bks

-_- I remember in the GTA IV days, the only time I was pissed was when I was put into a modded lobby with trolls with script mods. But now in GTA V, R* is allowing the use of TANKS and not realizing that people are getting pissed off about it!

Yeah the tanks are getting out of hand, I saw one tank sitting at the entrance of Los Santos Customs blowing up every car that game through, but I would not want to see them removed as I have found a difficult but effective way of dealing with them, I like to pick a tank up with a Cargobob (once you pick them up, they can't blow you up as they can't fire upwards) and drop them far out to sea. I don't usually grief but it is tempting to do the same thing to chrome Adders.

that's hilarious.... i wanna try that!

The tank turret swinging into the cargobob will eventually knock you out of the sky. And good luck hooking a tank up who isn't a friendly. You've got better odds winning the lotto

I had no issue with the swinging tank turret, and it is possible to airlift a tank, it's just hard, but it's worth it when you troll the troll and make them swim all the way back to shore. Try to stay on top of the tank the entire time when getting into position, as they can't fire directly up.

Ray
  • Ray

Natural Selection has come home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

My method when seeing a troll in a tank is to pick them up with a Cargobob and put them on top of a skyscraper.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

That's me lol,

See my sig :D

You know what?? You're NEXT. Prepare yourself.

• ten-a-penny likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

My method when seeing a troll in a tank is to pick them up with a Cargobob and put them on top of a skyscraper.

Maybe the 10th liar I've heard this from. You attempt to do this, and then get shot down.

• DaTurdburgler and Ep1cK1ll3r like this

Ep1cK1ll3r
  • Ep1cK1ll3r

Anti-Godmode Tank Patroller.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

That's me lol,

See my sig :D

You know what?? You're NEXT. Prepare yourself.

Roflmao u got no chance bro xD

Ray
  • Ray

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Maybe the 10th liar I've heard this from. You attempt to do this, and then get shot down.

Nope, I've never been shot down. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by Bozzah, 23 December 2013 - 02:36 AM.

I would say that a tank wouldn't get any major damage if you put it up on a skyscraper... talking about fall damage

a small island is funnier, you just have to make sure that the guy doesn't get a cargobob himself - well there are other ways to retrieve the but it's still funny if the guy doesn't expect it

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

Nope, I've never been shot down. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

I've been in both the tank and cargobob and they ended the exact same way... Cargobob comes down, tank hits reverse and then fires.

Your success was probably luck due to the other player being a complete noob.

Ray
  • Ray

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

I would say that a tank wouldn't get any major damage if you put it up on a skyscraper... talking about fall damage

a small island is funnier, you just have to make sure that the guy doesn't get a cargobob himself - well there are other ways to retrieve the but it's still funny if the guy doesn't expect it

I don't really care if their tank is destroyed or not, I just want the troll to get a taste of their own medicine.

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

I just get a fighter jet and unleash hell on them.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by The Spook, 23 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

21kxrop.jpg

6t321h.jpg

| The Spook | scoped you

• luisniko likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 23 December 2013 - 03:26 AM.

21kxrop.jpg

6t321h.jpg

| The Spook | scoped you

Because every player in a tank heads to the closest freeway so they can hang out in the open and wait to get sniped...

Though, I have sniped a tank and it's a pretty fun challenge to stalk them in a helicopter and try to set up the shot.

I really want to get into the back of the Cargobob and snipe the tank from the air. That would be awesome. Too bad my friends all suck at flying.

• GTAPhilly1 likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

Because every player in a tank heads to the closest freeway so they can hang out in the open and wait to get sniped...

No, that guy there was a dumb tank driver, and I just got lucky.

I just lol at people crying about tanks. try and give them advice and it just gets eaten by the thread under the tears.

Tanks? Love them. Target practice. Bring them on.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

I don't use my tank anymore it is way more fun and challenging to be the destroyer of tanks and sniper of tank drivers.  

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 23 December 2013 - 04:09 AM.

I don't use my tank anymore it is way more fun and challenging to be the destroyer of tanks and sniper of tank drivers.  

It's slow and boring to drive a tank around. Gets repetitive and takes no skill at all.

The biggest mistake Rockstar made was counting freemode kills towards your stats. That's the main reason these scrubs waste so much time pretending to get kills. If the kills didn't count, no one would even care when they die. It would be more like... "Wow, so what..." instead of... "OMG, he keeps getting free kills!"

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

The biggest mistake Rockstar made was counting freemode kills towards your stats. That's the main reason these scrubs waste so much time pretending to get kills. If the kills didn't count, no one would even care when they die. It would be more like... "Wow, so what..." instead of... "OMG, he keeps getting free kills!"

I agree with this statement in principle.  Maybe a hybrid version where the first kill appears as an invitation instead of a stat to the killed player, if the player chooses to accept, then it counts and both players can boost stats from that moment on wards. This only in free roam obviously. 

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's slow and boring to drive a tank around. Gets repetitive and takes no skill at all.

Yeah, R* messed up big time. I will try to give tank trolls as much hell as I can

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

sniping a tank is difficult when they realize where you are and are shooting suppressing fire at you, most of my combat interactions involving tanks are when they ambush me and I must escape. I rarely find a vantage point that would be acceptable to get off multiple sniping shots required to take him down before he can find you. It is possible, but must be done quickly and from very far away, which, in a city with many building obstructions, can be difficult to say the least. 

• DaTurdburgler likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

sniping a tank is difficult when they realize where you are and are shooting suppressing fire at you, most of my combat interactions involving tanks are when they ambush me and I must escape. I rarely find a vantage point that would be acceptable to get off multiple sniping shots required to take him down before he can find you. It is possible, but must be done quickly and from very far away, which, in a city with many building obstructions, can be difficult to say the least. 

this.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

All I do these days is wreck scrubs with my tank, I have never been sniped from it or mugged out of it. My tank rampages last til I get bored. There is literally nothing you can do to stop me lol.

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Start beef with the tank trolls then get your tank, go to a gang attack. Don't kill all the guys and wait for the tanks to come. Send them messages to get em real troll happy lol.  They cant do any damage to you and 99% of the time they are very confused why they cant kill you. At this time your calling for a mugger. When mugger pulls em out run their ass over.  lmao. Works 99% of the time.

• No-scope=NO_HOPE!! likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

You should drop them out at sea instead, that way they have to swim all the way back.

Ep1cK1ll3r
  • Ep1cK1ll3r

Anti-Godmode Tank Patroller.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Ep1cK1ll3r, 23 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Pissed off the entire lobby last night with my tank, I had 4 tanks camping outside my apartment. Tried to take a picture from the window but it kinda misses the other half of the street so it only shows 2 here.

0_0.jpg

Luckily becose they were noob tanks compared to me, I escaped from their clutch and made my way to safety.

0_0.jpg

Dem bros were mad when they realised tanks couldn't swim xD

Since I'm a professional tanker, I know all the spawn locations so I took my sub near the pier and spawned my pegasus tank again. Dem bros were even madder than before roflmao

Ppl pls, stop pretending the tank isn't superior to anything else in the game. Tanks are the ultimate GTAO  maste race. Not saying the rest is redundant, just usless compared to teh powa of the almighty tank itself.

2808678335_d2afd8b5c9_z.jpg?zz=1

Even Jebus approves.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I just turned rank 70 lastnite, and brought a tank, mostly for crew support.

Just at that moment a guy starts spawn killing me and a crew member. We get separated, then my partner lets me know he's being spawn killed on the beach. I call my tank for the first time, and it spans on the same beach. I sneaked into mines, creeped on him and blew his tank up. Then started spawn killing him and one of his crewmates. 21 times a piece.

I can see how it's a trollers dream.

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by itrpatrick, 30 December 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Pissed off the entire lobby last night with my tank, I had 4 tanks camping outside my apartment. Tried to take a picture from the window but it kinda misses the other half of the street so it only shows 2 here.

Wow! It really takes skill to survive in an effing indestructible tank!! Congratulations, troll! You have won the first place medal in the jackass contest. :D

• ten-a-penny likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users