Photo

Do you report hackers, and cheaters?

39 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 22 December 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Do you use that report button to report hackers cheaters, exploiters, greifers, people who are annoying or are being just being pricks ?

Hypothetical questions
1. Another player has a tank and they keep running over your cars or blowing you up and not giving you a chance to get away do you use the report button?

Why is it wrong to use the report button when a player is ruining your game play experience?

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

only weenies report things 

• WBaker and TwyzT like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Basically this thread is asking "Are you a snitch?"

smokin_hot_chick57
  • smokin_hot_chick57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

lol I don't snitch on people just go to another server..... Big deal, each to there own.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

snitch would be reporting someone who isn't negatively affecting your game in any way. If some dick is using god mode and killing me over and over, yeah I'm gonna report.

Not gonna report someone just for being lvl 1000 or giving out tons of money or anything that doesn't really affect me.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I only report Godmode. That's just lame.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Depends on the person. If you squat on survivals I not only report I message the other two to do the same, and kick you. If your just a low level with all the icons lit up that you own everything how would I know this aint your first time through. If your a low level like this dork playing boneyard and tried to see if he could call in his tank, level 23, I reported him. Didn't kick, after all he did play all ten levels.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

its like crimes. hackers are the criminals. you are the witness. and rockstar is the police. you should atleast try help rockstar and hope they will do something if you really want a hacker free game.

• Juanfartez likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

snitch would be reporting someone who isn't negatively affecting your game in any way. If some dick is using god mode and killing me over and over, yeah I'm gonna report.

Not gonna report someone just for being lvl 1000 or giving out tons of money or anything that doesn't really affect me.
thanks chad that's the point I was trying to make

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

What you meant to say is that you don't report unless they affect you negatively... You are a snitch.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

its like crimes. hackers are the criminals. you are the witness. and rockstar is the police. you should atleast try help rockstar and hope they will do something if you really want a hacker free game.

actually it isnt. never compare a game to real life scenarios..

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'll report people for god mode hacking/glitching but that's about it.
I would report people for sitting in glitch spots with bounties, but I know there's no way Rockstar could record that so it'd be fruitless.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 22 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

I'm tempted to report the douche that I'm currently watching, as he's level 66 but is spawn killing with a tank.  I've been out in my tank and spanked him a few times and then sent him a text telling him to stop spawn killing, but he's just carrying on. It was a reasonably nice lobby till he came along.  I'm getting a strong scent of pre-teen from him.

Edit: Lol - just mugged his tank off of him and watched it on TV.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm tempted to report the douche that I'm currently watching, as he's level 66 but is spawn killing with a tank.  I've been out in my tank and spanked him a few times and then sent him a text telling him to stop spawn killing, but he's just carrying on. It was a reasonably nice lobby till he came along.  I'm getting a strong scent of pre-teen from him.

tell people to go on passive mode, if they dont its their problem

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by 2281, 22 December 2013 - 07:55 AM.

I don't waste my time reporting players and neither should you. Do you really think that hackers use their primary accounts for hacking? It doesn't take much effort to open a new one.

• maschil likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

I don't waste my time reporting players and neither should you. Do you really think that hackers use their primary accounts for hacking? It doesn't take much effort to open a new one.

exactly. takes maybe 5 mins max

stumbles
  • stumbles

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

No a snitch is just someone who dobs someone into an authority, has nothing to do with negatively affecting your gaming.

I dont snitch

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

So he's not a complete douche for repeatedly killing people as soon as they respawn?  Let me answer that correctly for you - yes he is.

He was still hounding people in passive mode.  Small and limp is what he was, and anyone that thinks otherwise is the same.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

No.

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

snitches get stitches 

• 2281 and Carld123 like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

So he's not a complete douche for repeatedly killing people as soon as they respawn?  Let me answer that correctly for you - yes he is.

He was still hounding people in passive mode.  Small and limp is what he was, and anyone that thinks otherwise is the same.

lol still your opinion though i agree. LOL PLAYERS need to be more proactive. If i see a tank around the corner, i go in passive and run for cover, no need to message the guy lol

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yes I do, I report hackers, and god mode.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

I would report hackers cheaters or exploiters.

I wouldn't report Greifers, people who are annoying or are being just being pricks.

The Mannikin
  • The Mannikin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

lol so many snitches. if you report or tell, you are classified as a snitch, reasoning doesn't matter. and for those guys reporting ppl because they aren't lvl 70 with a tank get a grip, some guy was threatening to report me until i owned him common sense logic, you dont have to be lvl 70 to drive a friend's tank. dont get butt hurt and tattle tell. just go to another lobby. to be honest some of you just sound like sissies. and also i'd like to let you guys know reporting hardly ever makes a difference, how many ppl out there do you think report ppl for no reason, how many ppl out there do you think actually cheat, think about those numbers, and ask yourself, what's the point if all the cheater has to do is create a new account? you're just making his trolling successful by being so butt hurt.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:55 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 22 December 2013 - 10:00 AM.

I reported one yesterday, and I'm proud of it. Those bastards ruin the game, by giving money to everyone.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

If someones floating about in a flying bus and not interfering with anyone then I leave them alone. If they're being idiots and screwing with people then I report them, why not? I don't get angry about it. It amuses me actually just how some people react to people who report, no need to take it so badly. they get more emotional about it than those who report things.. it might take 5 mins to make a new account, but who wants to spend 5 mins making new account after new account? just play the game and stop being a narcissistic prima donna "look at me look at me".

as it's been said elsewhere, it takes 15 mins to learn how to mod a few files, I dare say my gf can do and she doesn't touch the Xbox.. however it takes hours of play to be a good player.

The Mannikin
  • The Mannikin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

If someones floating about in a flying bus and not interfering with anyone then I leave them alone. If they're being idiots and screwing with people then I report them, why not? I don't get angry about it. It amuses me actually just how some people react to people who report, no need to take it so badly. they get more emotional about it than those who report things.. it might take 5 mins to make a new account, but who wants to spend 5 mins making new account after new account? just play the game and stop being a narcissistic prima donna "look at me look at me".

as it's been said elsewhere, it takes 15 mins to learn how to mod a few files, I dare say my gf can do and she doesn't touch the Xbox.. however it takes hours of play to be a good player.

the same people who want to take 5 mins to create a new account are the same ppl who take 15 mins to learn how to cheat, think about that for a sec. so you dont contradict your logic again,

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Odesza, 22 December 2013 - 11:27 AM.

I don't take the time to report people in-game but I do report threads here on forums that are just reposts of spam/retarded crap.

Although I've never ran into anyone using god mode in GTAO so I can't say that I wouldn't.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I report legit players as cheats.

5cfbe8a2.jpg

evad3rs
  • evad3rs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

How do they even gift you that amount of money its crazy btw im looking for PSN friends so please add me Evad3rs_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users