Photo

Agreeing as a community for change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 22 December 2013 - 07:17 AM.

I know my join date is somewhat recent, like it actually matters. But I have loved GTA since the first one on ps1. It is by far my favorite franchise. So I would like to see the franchise prosper and grow in a great direction.

Their is so much fighting and bickering on this forum that it is just ridiculous. But what can you expect on a forum for such a widley played violent video game I guess.

But I really think if we would like things changed for the better we have to sack up and put biast opinions, racial tension and age discrimination aside and agree as a community.

Rockstar reads these forums, we know this. But sooner or later they are going to disregard anything said on here because of all the fighting over topics. We have to become the voice of the fans for grand theft auto.

We do have power even if you dont believe it. All the haters were always saying they wont change car physics or damage modeling because they don't care and the game is made already.

But they are wrong. Take the sand king for example. No matter if people loved or hated it we all agreed that it should have been 4wd. Guess what, a few patches later. The sand king is 4wd.

It may only be a little change but it does show that they do listen. They are willing to please the masses as long as its what the gta as a community as a whole wants. Do you think if the fans wouldn't have said anything they would take it upon themslves to change it.

I dont think they would. But we all wanted it. So if we want little things to change we have to rally together and let them know. Instead of fighting over every topic which is made, like I'm sure this one will be no different.

We are the fans guys. We are who they make these games for. We hold the power in what sells. We have to help them see the things they did right and the mistakes they made. But we have to do it in a positive manner. Fighting and cussing at each other wont get anything done.

I just want the best game they can make based on what the fans want. Hate and flame me if you will but I think that needed said.
  • Luddite likes this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

So you're saying we should all praise and act like GTA V is flawless, with not a single issue? Criticism improves a game, saying a game is perfect won't do anything.

• maschil likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by Niko Vercetti 112, 22 December 2013 - 07:56 AM.

"racial tension"? Trust me, that's not going to stop until San Andreas fanboys stop pulling the race card because it's not our favourite GTA game.
  • Andreas likes this

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 22 December 2013 - 08:15 AM.

So you're saying we should all praise and act like GTA V is flawless, with not a single issue? Criticism improves a game, saying a game is perfect won't do anything.

As stated we have to let them know their mistakes and their success. We just have to do it in a manner that is not condicending or childish.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

But not everyone wants the same features. Why should people rally for them regardless of that?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

"racial tension"? Trust me, that's not going to stop until San Andreas fanboys stop pulling the race card because it's not our favourite GTA game.

No they'll find any reason they can to label you as a hater.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:22 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 22 December 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Im not saying everyone agree with everything. Im saying if you agree with the topic then in a mature manner let your voice be heard that you agree.

Don't get on just to tell the op hes a retard 12 year old because he wants dinosaurs or some crap. Just dont say anything.

If a good idea is presented and enough people rally behind it. It will prosper in the right way.

Having 2 guys have an insult contest for 3 pages helps noone no matter how many people like the idea or not.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

As stated we have to let them know their mistakes and their success. We just have to do it in a manner that is not condicending or childish.

Well we did have a disappointment thread that was a somewhat-decent outlet for people disapointed with the game, but it was grossly-underused and no longer stickied. 

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I never looked at that one because I thought it was a thread for total disappointment in the overall game.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

They are aware of many problems reported at rockstar support and they implement in every 'title update' changes possible.
We should just focus on playing the game and visit official support community to get them know our experience.
An example: Many members are not even aware of many small changes introduced by 1.08 title update in the game (not listed in changelog) until one member actively shared it here letting us know of the good/bad improvements.
People like me who can't make up time to play on a regular basis feel better to read such changes for picking up the controller again rather reading such useless topics which yield nothing productive.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

You do realize that R* isn't making a mod right?
I mean they did rip off a mod by HippieCommunist for GTA IV called Ragdoll Mod and added it to V and well Yoga...

They also included flashlights which was also a mod on which I kind of worked on with a friend and then other people made for IV.

R* does need to fix their stuff instead of taking our ideas or maybe just hire people that mod to fix their stuff.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

They are aware of many problems reported at rockstar support and they implement in every 'title update' changes possible.
We should just focus on playing the game and visit official support community to get them know our experience.
An example: Many members are not even aware of many small changes introduced by 1.08 title update in the game (not listed in changelog) until one member actively shared it here letting us know of the good/bad improvements.
People like me who can't make up time to play on a regular basis feel better to read such changes for picking up the controller again rather reading such useless topics which yield nothing productive.

If nobody makes topics about problems in the game then they wont know what to fix. We are like an ongoing consumer R and D department. Priceless in the eyes of video game manufactures. Some posts are useless but some are valuable to them to help you pick that controller back up.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by Cyper, 22 December 2013 - 09:31 AM.

But I really think if we would like things changed for the better we have to sack up and put biast opinions, racial tension and age discrimination aside and agree as a community.

Rockstar reads these forums, we know this. But sooner or later they are going to disregard anything said on here because of all the fighting over topics. We have to become the voice of the fans for grand theft auto.

The only way to stop age discrimination, homophobia, racism, or whatever, is by banning people. Still that is not going to stop new influx of members who register here, play their game, and then jump on the bandwagon for the next big release of any game. It is not going to make people here more mature and constructive. You're not going to be able to stop ''fighting topics'', unless you censor them out and that wont happen. There is thousands of people who wont read this thread and wont care about what you just said in the first place. More over, one shall be glad that there actually is people out there with a spine that complain about what they don't like even though they do it in a horrible way sometimes. Complaints isn't bad, it's good, because it makes the developers think twice and it tends to improve games.

But they are wrong. Take the sand king for example. No matter if people loved or hated it we all agreed that it should have been 4wd. Guess what, a few patches later. The sand king is 4wd.

It may only be a little change but it does show that they do listen. They are willing to please the masses as long as its what the gta as a community as a whole wants. Do you think if the fans wouldn't have said anything they would take it upon themslves to change it.

The people on this board is not the ''masses''. The ''mass'' is the casual gamers. The Call of duty folks. The majority of people don't care to deeply about GTA or any other game they play. They want to pick it up, play it, and then they throw it away and go for the next title.

You're not going to ge an official agreement on a forum like this. It is simply not possible.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

You do realize that R* isn't making a mod right?
I mean they did rip off a mod by HippieCommunist for GTA IV called Ragdoll Mod and added it to V and well Yoga...
They also included flashlights which was also a mod on which I kind of worked on with a friend and then other people made for IV.

R* does need to fix their stuff instead of taking our ideas or maybe just hire people that mod to fix their stuff.

....Did somebody say Yoga?

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

The complaining here is quite common, that's true, but it's nothing new. This is the biggest GTA forum of the internet, and one of the biggest websites that exist. Rockstar does frequent these forums to see what their fans think about their most recent title and the GTA series in general, as you said. While you have a point, I cannot stress enough that this topic will not change anything, at least not substantially. This has little to do with GTAV, so I'm going to lock this.

• GTAKid667 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users