Help with a gift (headset)

6 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

I was thinking of picking up a good headset for the pc as a Christmas gift but I'm a console gamer and am kind of clueless here. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

Razer's are usually your best go to .. if money is no option, but for a cheaper price even Tritton makes a nice headset but most of those are wired. I have a pair of Turtle Beach EF Z6A's (wired) for my Laptop, since my PC went to poo but I rarely use them unless I feel I'm in the mood for music or something while in Photoshop.

• WBaker likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Could you give us any sort of information as to what your budget it is, considering you can get a decent headset for £30 ($50) or an amazing pair for about £80($130), it also depends somewhat on personal preference, would you prefer wired or wireless? Considering that you're primarily a console gamer I'd take a guess that you're probably more familiar with wireless headsets so I'd probably suggest you start looking into those, though they are usually far more expensive than the wired alternatives. 

I usually use Tactic 3D Wrath Wireless for my gaming needs, it's easily one of the best headsets out there, but it is quite pricey at £80 or around $130, they do have absolutely amazing sound quality and they're very durable, likely to last you at least two to three years if you take proper care of them so they're definitely worth the price. As GunWrath's said though, Tritton can make a good headset and much cheaper than anything I've used in the past four to five years. hell I think they've even got a deal on the WarHead model at the moment which is compatible with the Xbox 360 (and I believe the Xbox One but don't hold me to that) and it's wireless so those are probably your best bet.

• WBaker likes this

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Razer's are usually your best go to 

No, no, no, no, and no. There are much better alternatives for PC than the garbage Razer makes. 

OP, what will they be used for and what is your budget? 

• WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'd like to spend $200 or less, it's for my brother who atm is playing EVE and has a wired headset (make & model unknown). The headset is for gaming only, he doesn't listen to music on them.

Janky
  • Janky

With the whoas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by Limitless, 02 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Late Edit...

Astro's are great. They're slightly on the expensive side, but worth it in my opinion. I'm more of a console gamer myself and use mostly Turtle beach, which is a great headset, but I'm actually looking to upgrade to Astro's soon. I just suggest picking anything but Logitech and Trittons. 

Logitech is the way to go for key board and mouses, but I wouldn't suggest them for a headset. I've never used them, but for sure they're better headsets and ones that won't empty your pockets, but leave you pretty damn satisfied.

• WBaker likes this

420Sushi
  • 420Sushi

No money...no candy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Since GTA V has been out for a while, how about an update on the best wireless headsets. My Turtle Beach headset has failed, and I was looking at the Sony Pulse for a PS3 console. Price $200 or less....

Does anyone have an opinion on the Pulse (yea, I know, opinions are like a**h***s) :die:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users