Quantcast

» «
Photo

Whats your favorite thing to do in Single Player?

145 replies to this topic
theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

People are saying they're getting bored , so maybe we can help each other out and post what are the most fun things to do in gta 5's single player

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

Buying houses....oh wait

Working out...oh wait

Going to restaurants...oh wait

Jetpack...oh wait

Dating...oh wait
  • Nonpareil1983, FATMANYOU2, DIEXEL and 4 others like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Buying houses....oh wait

Working out...oh wait

Jetpack...oh wait

Dating...oh wait

None of those things are fun.. I'd take a plane over a Jetpack anyday..
  • Matty, dyz, lizardman563 and 12 others like this

Fortress
  • Fortress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Favorite thing in any of the GTAs that allow it: Highway cannonball.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

Buying houses....oh wait

Working out...oh wait

Jetpack...oh wait

Dating...oh wait

This, the Jetpack was a fun gimmick when playing with cheats, when playing legit, there was nothing great about it, it was slow and exposed.

As for the other things:

• Do we really need to buy houses when we have quick save?
  • Working out was nothing button button mashing.
  • Meh, you can still replenish your health at a vending machine.
  • Dating, dating was never fun, it was a chore.

As for the favorite thing I personally like doing, I like taking a Cargo Plane (you can obtain one in free roam using a save editor) or a Jet (Boeing 747) and seeing what places I can land at which isn't an airport. Only place I managed to do it so far was the Del Perro beach.

• TimelyMeerkat, Bozzah and No Chin like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

i just observe the beauty of the world.
  • Errbahdy and Yforever123 like this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Buying houses....oh wait

Working out...oh wait

Jetpack...oh wait

Dating...oh wait

Do we really need to buy houses when we have quick save?

Let me tell you why buying houses is important:

In this game, we are career criminals pulling off major heists and getting rich off the stock market. We need something that actually lets us feel like we've made it big. Something more than just some expensive cars. Being able to buy mansions or houses in the countryside would actually let us feel like rich and powerful criminals. It would be something that actually rewards us and gives us something to look forward to.

• visionist, Nonpareil1983, robban and 1 other like this

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Sometimes I like to get a wanted level with a cargobob and dump the police cars in the ocean or just throw them across the city.

Also buying safehouses would be nice if it had more garages... 6 on 1 character is not enough. Hate switching to one of the three for a certain car.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Buying houses....oh wait

Working out...oh wait

Jetpack...oh wait

Dating...oh wait

Do we really need to buy houses when we have quick save?

Let me tell you why buying houses is important:

In this game, we are career criminals pulling off major heists and getting rich off the stock market. We need something that actually lets us feel like we've made it big. Something more than just some expensive cars. Being able to buy mansions or houses in the countryside would actually let us feel like rich and powerful criminals. It would be something that actually rewards us and gives us something to look forward to.

But its still not fun to walk up to a for sale sign and press a button, now is it?

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Buy a tank as Trevor. Fly a plane until it arrives, then smash everything.

YourAMiz1900
  • YourAMiz1900

Dafuq do all of you want!? O.o

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Running Lamar over...Or killing any of the 3 characters with another character in particular...but that is just me

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Ixnay, 22 December 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Working out...oh wait

• Working out was nothing button button mashing.

True, you had to mash buttons, but there was a result - who wants to run around as a stick when you can bulk up and actually look tough?

But its still not fun to walk up to a for sale sign and press a button, now is it?

You don't like pushing buttons, do you? :) Again, it's the end result - you end up with a new place.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

I like to roleplay as a cop with Mikey.

I like to tear gas Mike's family while they're watching TV or eating take-out, then burn the bodies.

I like to throw myself into people, then watch the results.

I like to explore how the NPCs work.

I like to explore Interiors such as the Pacific Standart Bank, the Mission row Police Station, the Merryweather naval base, the IAA office, the other warehouses in the docks, the hallway in the airport plus Devin's hangar and the Pegasus hangar, the LS custom garages, the Yellow Jack Inn, the Fort Zancudo Hangar and the ATC, the Grasepeed barns, etc, etc..

I like to go to the 24/7's or Gas Stations, you know... to eat, cause they serve the same porpuse.

• Jessafur, TimelyMeerkat, SmokesWithCigs and 1 other like this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by Flexx, 06 April 2014 - 06:41 AM.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

I like to look at animals and watch them what they do in game.

As Michael, I also behave like a normal ped. Drive with the rules and walk around saying hi to people.

• Target13, theGTAking101, SmokesWithCigs and 1 other like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

get the lazer, blast some stuff, fly to the fort zancudo and blast these dudes while on God mode. if being blasted, just bail out and blast everyone with the Explosive Bullets cheat.

:cool: I know how to make fun in games. especially GTA. since its original purpose is to design your own fun after the missions :cool:

As for the favorite thing I personally like doing, I like taking a Cargo Plane (you can obtain one in free roam using a save editor) or a Jet (Boeing 747) and seeing what places I can land at which isn't an airport. Only place I managed to do it so far was the Del Perro beach.

I though I was the only crazy one who do that! only with a Lazer instead :lol:

yesterday I managed to land it in the flood control area :pp

i just observe the beauty of the world.

same here

alex1369
  • alex1369

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well im driving around.. and flying Top Gun combat with military

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

I like to look at animals and watch them what they do in game.

As Michael, I also behave like a normal ped. Drive with the rules and walk around saying hi to people.

Same here. Also while playing Franklin, just driving around town and abiding the rules and sometimes get stuck in a traffic jam when I switch with him. Also just having a walk as Franklin too with Chop and play ball in the woods.

• Yforever123 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm not even close to bored with single player. There's a lot of variety, and having 3 characters triples the experience for me. It seems like every time I get bored with something, I'm occupied by something else in the game. 

I try to spend a lot of time doing things that are more like real life, so then the chaos feels really insane when I choose to go that route. Other than the normal chaotic fun, here's a few things I do, none necessarily my favorite:

- Take Chop for walks. Sometime's I'll drive him to beaches or parks and walk him. Four times out of ten we don't even get a wanted level!

- Race around the interstate without using the breaks, to see how long I can go without hitting anything.

- Find a truck toeing a boat. Take it to the boat ramp, put the boat in the water and just cruise around. I generally end up around the beach.

- Take an ATV or dirtbike and hit the trails

- Start fights at the playboy mansion and try to escape when the cops show up

• Yforever123 likes this

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I like to take the jetpack and fly to some of the mountain overhangs that you can't get to on foot ,that's where I discovered the cave with the bigfoot in it.

• Illousion, theGTAking101, daliakiller and 1 other like this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

I like to take the jetpack and fly to some of the mountain overhangs that you can't get to on foot ,that's where I discovered the cave with the bigfoot in it.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah man. I Also found Leatherface.
  • theGTAking101 and V12599 like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Jump on a train from a truck, trolling the police all over the LS.

Have fun with hookers.

Being driven around LS in taxi and enjoy the view and the facial expression of the cab driver.

Board boats on highway and being driven around.

Land planes and helicopters on impossible places.

Park cars on roofs.

Kidnap people with a bulldozer.

Trying to park the tank on a train.

Ragdolling the cows.

Bomb the traffic with buses from a cargobob.

Disregard Oscar, going on bombing runs to Los Santos.

Doing stuntjumps with stickybomb explosions.

Doing stunts while being on fire.

Rolling down the hill with godmode.

Knifeflying skyscrapers with jumbojets.

Pretending a plane is a car.

Removing parts from cars making them look madmaxey.

Basejumping with a quad from a UFO. (tricky)

Doing things we aren't supposed to do.

• no_snacks likes this

SleepyLoner
  • SleepyLoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I try to spend a lot of time doing things that are more like real life, so then the chaos feels really insane when I choose to go that route.

I tend to do this as well. It makes the missions a lot more exciting I find. What I do depends on the character I'm playing as I like to roleplay them individually. With Michael I play golf and tennis, go for walks on the beach and check out boats. If it's early in the game I hit the Vanilla Unicorn at night and pick up the odd street girl. When he's reconciled with his family I like to imagine he's trying to be a better man so I get him a mountain bike so he can get fit, make him do yoga and drink that green stuff daily instead of whisky, do triathlons and spend more time with the family.

With Franklin I like to cruise around in the day, hang with Chop take him some place nice like the countryside or the beach. At night I typically participate in street races then take some friends to the bar for a drink afterward or call up his stripper girlfriend.

My Trevor likes to spend a lot of time speeding down the desert freeway on his tuned up matte black Hexer or his yellow and black phoenix. He takes the time to check on Jimmy, Fraklin and Lamar as he feels a fatherly duty to them and occassionally he'll hang out with Michael at his house and play tennis with Amanda.

Also with all characters I love taking round trips of the map and soaking up the scenery. I can't imagine this game getting old for me for quite some time, but that's just me.

• visionist, no_snacks and Yforever123 like this

lopdebif1
  • lopdebif1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

My favorite thing to do is ram oncoming traffic with a massive vehicle so the NPC's eject out of their windshields. You have to do it on a highway or somewhere where traffic is moving quickly. It was by far my favorite thing in IV. In fact I have a YouTube series dedicated to people ejecting. I have no way of capturing any PS3 gameplay yet. Here's an example in IV:

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Steal a nice car, hire a prostitute, drive far away to the seaside or forest, and kill her.   :miranda: 

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

My favorite thing to do is ram oncoming traffic with a massive vehicle so the NPC's eject out of their windshields. You have to do it on a highway or somewhere where traffic is moving quickly. It was by far my favorite thing in IV. In fact I have a YouTube series dedicated to people ejecting. I have no way of capturing any PS3 gameplay yet. Here's an example in IV:

Ye the the ejections were funny, havent seen then in 5 yet idk if you can do them. I liked how in 4 if you hit a car too hard they would just open the door , crawl out , and die lol

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Bunny hopping my BMX bike into the bed of a truck and letting them drive me around the city. That's kinda fun. Hah.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Some good ideas in this thread.

I spend almost all my time as Trevor killing things. If someone smashes into me, I'll follow them shooting up their car until it barely crawls along. Then I kill them.

I'll drive next to someone and try to shoot their gas tank. If it works, cool. If not, I kill them. Semis are easier to pull it off with.

I hang out on the balcony over the Vanilla Unicorn and snipe gas tanks from passing cars until the police show up. Then I kill them until I get 4 or 5 stars and make a mad dash to the far side of the map to hide in a train tunnel. More often than not, they kill me. :/

I discovered if you shoot a gun outside near the office door at the Vanilla Unicorn, the dancers will run out. Since I don't like Chastity, I take this opportunity to kill her.

I want to pick up hookers and then go on a joyride killing people until they run out of the car screaming, then I'll kill them.

Eventually I want to try to drive something onto a moving train. Then ride along and kill things until I get bored, crash, or get killed.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

- try and be a rich badass as Michael and drive premium german or grand touring autos... Yeah that got old real fast lol.
  • DIEXEL, theGTAking101 and hyperar like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by StingrayX, 23 December 2013 - 02:23 AM.

Spice for the f*cking ham

Buying houses....oh waitWorking out...oh waitGoing to restaurants...oh waitJetpack...oh waitDating...oh wait

Good for you! :colgate: Welcome to the message board, you must be new here, where not everybody is f*cking like you!

Sorry for double posting, I thought somebody would've posted after my other post, but hey at least I'm not the only prick who double posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users