Quantcast

» «
Photo

What was your best moment in the HD Universe?

32 replies to this topic
Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

I am new to the forum,and i love all the topics but some can be a bit irrelevant but all together it a great forum and i am happy to be a member.so my reason of starting this topic is to see how people really appreciate this Hd Generation of the series.I didnt play none of the 2d or 3d games,i started with the series in late 2008/2009 with the first Hd Era Game,GTA 4 and since then i am a bg fan of this Legendary franchise.My best moment in the Hd Era,is my first time driving through Liberty City and doing the missions and my best is Three Leaf Clover

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

Sorry you missed out on the best games in the series.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Game over.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

So, you're a big fan of the franchise but you've only played two of the games? Hmm...

• Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Oh man, you're missing out...2D has some bad ass lines in it, and was incredibly detailed for the time.  No real need to mention the already considered legendary 3D era either.

I'll personally never forget my first armored car heist outside of a bank in V...Some of the best moments are those armored cars in my opinion, fun sh*t there.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

So, you're a big fan of the franchise but you've only played two of the games? Hmm...

What's wrong with that?
  • Matty, The Odyssey and SwingingSpidey like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

@reply
The Hd Era Includes 5 Games GTA 4,EFLC(compilation of the two episodes TLaD and TBoGT),GTA CTW and GTA 5

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

@showstopper26
I know yeah but with GTA there wont be the Openworld Genre,a series spanning 16 years and 3 Generations,I got GTA 3 10th Anniversary Edition and i can see why it change the Genre forever,and then the Hd Era Evolve the fundamentals of the series and became more mature...but please stay on topic thanks

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

@reply
The Hd Era Includes 5 Games GTA 4,EFLC(compilation of the two episodes TLaD and TBoGT),GTA CTW and GTA 5

Well, TLaD and TBoGT were just expansion packs to GTA 4 pretty much and don't you dare tell me that CTW was HD...

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Give him a break. So he hasn't played the 3D era games, big whoop. I personally found the jewelry heist to be more memorable than any classic moments in the 3D era. 

• ActionBronson likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

@SantosGTA
GTA is one of them few franchise(others are Cod,Battlfield,Resident Evil)that count Expansions as installments,that why GTA have 15 games so far,Gta wiki,wikipedia,the Gta Website also includes all the Main Games(1-5) Spinoffs(VC,SA,LCS,VCS and CTW) and TLaD and TBoGT,and i am sure the story expansions for GTA 5 next year would also counted unless Rockstar doesnt put it on disc or on the series website.and yeah CTW is a HD Era game,it uses the features of the universe like the wanted system.I think you need to read wikipedia,Gta Wiki or Grandtheft wiki about the series.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

You can be a fan of anything, it doesn't matter when you got into it.

• SwingingSpidey likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by Showstopper 26, 22 December 2013 - 05:56 AM.

The Elder Scrolls series spans 20 years, 4 generations, and is open world.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

@Showstopper 26
The Elder Scrolls started in 1994 and yes spans 3 Gen,GTA started in 1997(3 years later)and also spans 3 gen afterall this two franchise started in the 90s...The Elder Scrolls is an 19 year old franchise not 16, GTA is a 16 year old franchise,get you facts rights and pls be on topic

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

I'm actually going to answer this guy's question, unlike the rest of you who are still arguing about "the San Andreas I know and love", as if it's the only important game in the series.

My best moment in the HD era is That Special Someone from GTA IV. It may have not involved a heavy shootout, but the raw emotion in that scene was something I will never forget.
  • TheTruthOnly and SwingingSpidey like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

@Niko Vercetti 112
Great reply bro

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

When I first played IV, having known nothing about the game beforehand, and spotted a Coquette in the dark. I ditched Roman and stole it and was disappointed when the mission failed. That is still my greatest moment.

My best moments are when I get Niko dressed up in wealthy suits with glasses and hop into silver Super GT's, Turismo's, or Cognoscenti's.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

The Elder Scrolls did start earlier but was pretty rubbish. GTA was brilliant from the start.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

@fwenshy
I totaly agree with you that,TES is only 3 years older than GTA (1994-1997) but Physical GTA looks older (I even though GTA started in 1969 at first lol because of GTA London 1969) but after spending time reading and watching videos about the history of GTA i know everything about the series even though i didnt play the 2d Generations/3d Generations of the series.After 15 games GTA is getting more powerful,the name alone sells the game.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

GTA 4, TLAD, and 5 were the best.

I like TBGT but the others were more fun

t-togg
  • t-togg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

the greatest moment was driving through nighttime star junction for the first time. the floor was wet, so all the colours were mirrored. it looked so great and detailed, a great example of how awesome the graphics now are.

i pretty much grew up with the series, i played the sh*t out of GTA when i was about 12. it was so much fun compared to other games on the PSX. GTA London was great fun when it came out, GTA2 lacked the charme for me somehow. But the fun continued on the PS2, not so much with III for me, but I loved Vice City and San Andreas and played them ridicously long. I completed them both for 100% about three times..good times. I hope there will me much more in the future.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

@fwenshy
I totaly agree with you that,TES is only 3 years older than GTA (1994-1997) but Physical GTA looks older (I even though GTA started in 1969 at first lol because of GTA London 1969) but after spending time reading and watching videos about the history of GTA i know everything about the series even though i didnt play the 2d Generations/3d Generations of the series.After 15 games GTA is getting more powerful,the name alone sells the game.

You seriously thought there were videogames (an industry) in 1969?

Anyway, my favorite moment is hard to chose. Nostalgically, it's probably in the Vice city era. I remember playing the pc version at my cousins house lots of times, often using the Apache helicopter. We would do missions were one could fly and one could control the missiles/minigun, while being introduced to the awesome classics on the radio. One time (during a family party) we were singing Toto's Africa, and all of my aunts and uncles were laughing that these 2 little kids new these kind of songs.

But more objectively speaking, it has to be one of V's heists. I think V's heists were the best gta missions, and for me the jewel store was the best one. (Since it was the first and I could replay the trailers and prerelease info)

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I will never forget staring at the Algonquin skyline for the first time. That was incredible.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Do the splits!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

When Roman's taxi depot burnt down.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat as this isn't only about GTAV, but HD-era games in general.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 01:29 PM.

My favorite HD-era GTA moments ? 

GTA IV and ELFC :

* Jamaican Heat mission (got my Glock for the first time).
* Three Leaf Clover mission.
*  Walking around the Firefly Projects for the first time.
* Shootout in front of the Church between the Irish Mob and the Albanian Mafia. 
* Elisabeta kills Manny out of the blue with shot to the head.
* French Tom interview and assassination.
* Luis banging the girlfriend of the Bahama Mamas nightclub owner, and the shootout that follows in the club.
* Johnny and Malc in the drug deal gone wrong in South Bohan.

GTA V :

* Lamar, Franklin and Trevor in the drug deal with the Ballas gone wrong.
* The first main heist in the jewelry store.
* Michael's first encounter with Franklin in Jimmy's car after the repossession.
* Trevor's gun battle with Mexican drug traffickers outside that bar in Sandy Shores.
* Traffic light control task before the last heist.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

Best moment was to kill or not to kill with darko.. It brought out my evil side :)

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

@Andreas
thank,i am new so i didnt know how to do that but thanks bro.so far i am loving everyones great moment in the Hd Era

Fortress
  • Fortress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

When I learned you could watch TV in IV.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 22 December 2013 - 02:06 PM.

I really just think that getting GTA IV for the first time, watching the introduction and slowly playing through the storyline was very memorable indeed. Then, meeting the characters and having a choice of the ending was cool

GTA V was great but there was nothing that stood out as much, the 3 protagonist system and the Personal Vehicles were cool, The Heist planning was new to GTA and was also relatively cool.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

@GTAKid667
GTA 4 was Great but GTA 5 was the best thing to happen in the HD Era and 2nd best after what GTA 3 did with the Openworld Genre(and the series) 12 years ago (2001)..it my not have many new features afterall it takes the features that GTA 4 brought to the series and the genre 5 years ago (2008)i.e the Wanted System(Red and Blue Radius) was used again but improvised with the detection system but GTA 5 3 Protagonist system was something new to the Openworld Genre and it will become a trend in the Genre in future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users