Quantcast

» «
Photo

I honestly thought vehicle armor was for bulletproofing...

21 replies to this topic
GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I had no idea it was just crush protection.

So does metal on cars stop bullet damage better than glass windows? Glass windows better than open air?

• maschil, xNinjaStarfishx and therussianpenguin like this

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

it wont stop my tank from flattening your car

• maschil and GTAO_Playerrr like this

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

FYI adding armor to a car will reduce it's overall acceleration and top speed... Brian Bee on the C* support forums confirmed this himself.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

FYI adding armor to a car will reduce it's overall acceleration and top speed... Brian Bee on the C* support forums confirmed this himself.

Yeah, but the difference is so negligible, it'd be silly to not armor up.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I had no idea it was just crush protection.

So does metal on cars stop bullet damage better than glass windows? Glass windows better than open air?

"So does metal..."

It's the same amount of protection

"Glass windows better.."

If you have a window then it protects you from probably one shot, then it breaks. After that you're vulnerable.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

Is it worth the 50k though? If it's just to protect the car from damage from crashes, I don't know if it would be. My car doesn't get crushed to the point where it really affects driving very often.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

Is it worth the 50k though? If it's just to protect the car from damage from crashes, I don't know if it would be. My car doesn't get crushed to the point where it really affects driving very often.

Well, armor is half off this weekend, so why not? Now would be the best time if you were ever going to do it.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

that won't stop your dad from beating you with your controller.

• singemfrc, sexboxlive, Timely and 1 other like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Its best use seems to be adding weight to push around unarmored cars and soak up impacts in races.

Dr B1G
  • Dr B1G

The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Hit!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

It also stops your car from blowing up when jumping off the end of cliffs

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well, armor is half off this weekend, so why not? Now would be the best time if you were ever going to do it.

Yeah I know. I was planning to fully upgrade all my cars, including armor. I was going to wait until I'm level 100 (I'm 81 now) so that I don't waste money on armor that I'll replace with better armor. So i think I'm not going to be buying the armor this weekend. But since the effects of armor don't really sound all that useful, I might pass on it altogether.

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

that won't stop your dad from beating you with your controller.
ohh bo hoo im going to cry now

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Huh, it doesn't improve its health vs bullets? I am absolutely positive that any car will take more shots with the armor, I've seen randoms empty combat shotguns and MG's on my elegy with 100% armor and it would take them forever to even get it to smoke.

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Huh, it doesn't improve its health vs bullets? I am absolutely positive that any car will take more shots with the armor, I've seen randoms empty combat shotguns and MG's on my elegy with 100% armor and it would take them forever to even get it to smoke.

I'm with you, I don't know where this big announcement that armour doesn't stop bullets has come from but, I use my car as my shield whenever I'm on a mission etc and I often get hit by bullets that just fly through the car if unarmoured(npc etc) but, that doesn't happen with my armoured cars.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm with you, I don't know where this big announcement that armour doesn't stop bullets has come from but, I use my car as my shield whenever I'm on a mission etc and I often get hit by bullets that just fly through the car if unarmoured(npc etc) but, that doesn't happen with my armoured cars.

Are you sure that's not just part of your body sticking out or getting hit from another direction? I don't think I've ever noticed being hit through my car, but I've never used armor so maybe I would notice a difference. Rockstar really needs to explain these kind of things better. They just put the word "armor" and leave it to us to figure out what it does.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

It also stops your car from blowing up when jumping off the end of cliffs

Really?

Because the variables are totally lost on me, I've had unarmored cars explode on impact from 40 ft falls, while others fall off the side of Chillad and survive.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Filipino stuck in a cold region. :/

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AD6dW4inVUI

Debunks the armor/speed myth.

• an0nym0uz likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

If you read what it says in ls customs it says it protects the occupants inside. I can verify it increases the entire strength of the vehicle. Even headlights can take a much larger impact with 100% armor.

In a game about vehicular combat you'd be a fool not to armor your vehicle. And with all armor 50% off this weekend you'd be a fool not to beef up your most used vehicle at least.

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Because Brian B is a reputable source

GTAO_Playerrr
  • GTAO_Playerrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Brian B is a bot morans.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you read what it says in ls customs it says it protects the occupants inside. I can verify it increases the entire strength of the vehicle. Even headlights can take a much larger impact with 100% armor.

In a game about vehicular combat you'd be a fool not to armor your vehicle. And with all armor 50% off this weekend you'd be a fool not to beef up your most used vehicle at least.

Yeah I'm gonna put the 80% armor on my Entity today and I'll do the rest when I reach level 100.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Its best use seems to be adding weight to push around unarmored cars and soak up impacts in races.

Yep, anyone who doesn't use armored cars in races is severely handicapped. Even if it really does drop your top speed by 0.01 MPH, it's well worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users