Instruments

39 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

How many people here play any instruments? If so which ones do you play or enjoying playing the most?

At the I enjoy playing the guitar >.< , but have a few other instruments.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Guitar, bass, piano.

Except, I kinda suck at piano. Doing guitar and bass so much made it to where my right hand can't hit the keys to good on a piano. I'm so used to picking, I can't be fluent with my right hand. 

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Guitar - but I'm no expert. I've only had mine since 2009 and I don't play too often.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I tried to play the guitar for a few hours before losing interest in it. It still sits in it's case in the corner of my room, next to my TV and record player.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

i don't play anything but I would like to learn the trumpet

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

Skin fl-

Oh.

Uh, I'm trying to learn acoustic guitar, if that counts.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

I played the viola for a couple years; I'd go back to it (or the violin maybe), but I don't have the money for one. :/ I also tried the trumpet for a bit in a school band a few years ago, but I'm no good with brass instruments.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

Well, I don't exactly play any instruments but a few days ago I bought a Ukulele for some reason. It was the only music shop in town, but they only had a few guitars and stuff. The cashier asked me what I was doing and I said " Just Looking " and after I looked at their one stand and a small wall with very few instruments I started to feel awkward and out of place especially since being a large ( obese ) person in a small room I knew I stuck out like a sore thumb. So, to make it seem a bit more like I belonged I bought a $60.00 Ukulele and immediately scrammed. I looked up a few YouTube tutorials, got bored/discouraged and gave up. I get easily discouraged... 

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

I've been playing flute for 12 years now, and I play quite a bit of jazz on the bass guitar. I've been playing that for 10 years.  

I don't play much anymore because I'm so busy with school, but damn do I miss it (bass, primarily). I won a sh*t ton of solo awards at competitions and everything. Growing up sucks.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

I played piano for two years in elementary school. It sucks because I don't even remember how to read music. I want to learn guitar though.

• Rudy likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by rudy., 22 December 2013 - 06:38 AM.

I played piano for two years in elementary school.

Me too but I had to quit it after a while. I really really regret doing it now. I used to play the trombone for a few years before I quit. I was pretty good, not awesome, but had the potential to be better if I practised more. But I quit after my freshman year of college because my university has a very demanding music department.

And now I don't play sh*t, my life sucks. I would love to learn piano once again.
  • Raavi and WhatsStrength like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by Raavi, 17 March 2014 - 01:41 PM.

I have been playing the Piano for about 8 years now and I absolutely love it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I would love to learn piano once again.

Technically you can do self-teaching, much cheaper and without deadlines or tests. 

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

Technically you can do self-teaching, much cheaper and without deadlines or tests. 

I have never had a lesson on bass or guitar, and I've turned out way above average if I can say so myself.

But then, I went on to piano and tried to self teach. People say the voice is the hardest instrument to learn, but holy sh*t I have never done anything more tedious than piano. I figured after I had been playing 2 stringed instruments for so long, adding a 3rd wouldn't be to hard. Now I can say, I don't think I'll ever be worth a sh*t on piano without lessons. 

I've always wanted to be like Roger Waters, John Paul Jones, and Geddy Lee. Knowing how to sing, do guitar, bass, piano/keyboard, and synth. But I highly doubt I'll ever discipline myself on a piano, and really I have grown a extreme respect for people than can do it. 

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:54 AM Edited by rudy., 22 December 2013 - 06:55 AM.

Thanks, man. Some of my friends used to suggest the same but I don't own a piano yet. I am looking forward to buy one either this christmas or next year. Hopefully, I'll be back on track soon, I guess.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Nachos?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

I play on my bass a lot. It's a Fender Squier J-Bass.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

I play drums, but I had to stop doing so for this year due to major exams coming up in May, I will probably continue with my lessons after the exams.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Guitar - but I'm no expert. I've only had mine since 2009 and I don't play too often.

Same here.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by jaysteels, 22 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

I got around 10 or more guitars, a bass, an upright piano, 2 keyboards, and a midi/synth controller. I study music :monocle:

here's a pic of where i study:

1.jpg?w=811&h=370

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

I play with my flute mainly.

I tried to play the guitar for a few hours before losing interest in it. It still sits in it's case in the corner of my room, next to my TV and record player.

Similar here. I tried a bunch of times and I failed. It's kind of a shame in my case, since I come from a family of guitar players haha...

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 24 December 2013 - 12:36 AM.

<snip>

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by jaysteels, 22 December 2013 - 04:26 PM.

The image is from the people who laid the stone work's website...

The school also houses dance, theatrics, design, craftmansship, media, and art.

• Lee Everett likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Electric Guitar. Have not played for a while though, fingertips have softened a bit...Will buy new stick after holidays, been craving to play for some time now.

Best guitar I´ve had was a Flying V, it also disappeared magically. I think it might have literally flew. Had couple of cheap/low/mid-priced ones.

Here is my basic home setup, some stuff that I´ve bought over the years:

Guitar

Effector13 Truly Beautiful Disaster and/or Effector13 Krackle Fuzz

ArtTube Studio V3 analog Tube Preamp

Small Amplifier, 15W Marshall.

Digitech Digiverb, usually pass-through. I might use spring reverb sometimes. But I like my sick fuzzes to be rather top, so You can hear all the strange cracks and pops.

Røde NT-1 condenser microphone.

Tascam MF-P01 4-track C-cassette recorder, real purist hardware. Just panning, levels and master.

69KMrPu.png

I play raw, punk-based Black Metal, or "Black´n´Roll" or Ambient. You can create some sick sounds with the Truly Beautiful Disaster.

Got also Korg PXR4 Pandora and a Zoom Drum Machine. And Digitech RP300A Multi effects processor but I don´t like it much.

I will upload my recording here when I get the guitar and something done early next year.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

The image is from the people who laid the stone work's website...

The school also houses dance, theatrics, design, craftmansship, media, and art.

Ah :p 

Looks like a good place to study then. (I do some theatre aswell it's so much fun lol)

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by GrandMaster Smith, 22 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I mainly play guitar, electric or acoustic. I can also play bass but it's not too much of my thing. 

I also play drums and slightly some piano. I recently bought an accordion which I've been learning how to play, definitely one of my favorite instruments right up next to the guitar, being able to play two instruments at once with a treble lead and bass rhythm just got me instantly hooked. It wasn't easy getting over the massive learning curve but it was completely worth it. Having a decent understanding of music theory helps tremendously if you ever want to learn new instruments.

A pic of my partial collection I had on my computer-

i28th5.jpg

GTAV26111
  • GTAV26111

Ionospherical

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

I've been playing trumpet for 4 years now and can hit all the way up to a high C :) I also bought a new king silver flair trumpet on eBay should be here this week but since its holiday season USPS is slow as balls

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by Linc., 23 December 2013 - 01:02 AM.

I play guitar and have a Fender Stratocaster (sunburst, obviously).
I also play Flute which people always say is gay. :(

BUT LITTLE THEY KNOW! :devil:

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by DillBagnr, 23 December 2013 - 01:18 AM.

I used to play trumpet and tuba, now I play bass, drums, piano, and I'm teaching myself guitar...  Well, I'm trying to, but I suspect my hands don't don't want me to learn.

I also play Flute which people always say is gay.

There's nothing gay about the flute as long as you're playing it with your mouth.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Nah, just the transverse flute.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Nah, just the transverse flute.
A horizontal one? That's what I play :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users