Should I revert back to Xp?

7 replies to this topic
komalr
  • komalr

againsthelaw

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

So, i've bought this Motion computing C5 tablet (used) and it came with windows 7 installed. Though it has 1.50 GB of ram, it runs really slow. Like if I open up any art related app like photoshop, flash, sketchbook, artrage it comes to a crawl.

I don't think it is a hard drive issue 'cause i've checked it with this free program(CrystalDiskInfo

) and it said it was in good condition. 

So, i'm asking is, should I install windows XP? Will it do me any good?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Retired

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

WIndows 7 requires a minimum of 1GB of ram, so 0.5GB for everything else isn't much, especially when you're using RAM intensive applications like Photoshop and Flash. You could try switching to XP if you really wanted but I doubt it would help. You're just trying to do too much with the tablet. It's designed for web browsing and light tasks like that, not Photoshop. 

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well support for Windows XP ends in April 2014 so it's better to keep your device protected and use the Windows 7 that's already installed (or another newer operating system)

• nightwalker83 likes this

komalr
  • komalr

againsthelaw

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:31 AM Edited by komalr, 22 December 2013 - 05:36 AM.

So my only other option is to increase the ram size? Reverting back win XP won't be much of a difference at all?

I thought XP used much less ram than 7. So thought it might be useful for me to install XP on this than 7.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

No, it won't help that much, not even if you revert back to Windows XP.

My machina is running Vista Home 64bit with 4GB RAM and when I open Photoshop and Firefox, Photoshop gives me an error

it's running out of memory. Such programs needs a lot of RAM.

Lupin III
  • Lupin III

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

No, your tablet is just inherently slow. As the others have said switching to XP will not help much.

komalr
  • komalr

againsthelaw

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ohk, i've sent back the tablet to have a 2GB ram fitted to it. Thanks for the answers... :)

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Just my 2 cents, but i believe windows 7 has become more stable than xp over the last 2 years. I hate windows 8 though don't mess with that sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users