Photo

Advice to Christmas Noobs.

80 replies to this topic
Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

il mod any car they give me free of charge....WITH AN IGNITION BOMB!

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by Beach Bum Bandit, 21 December 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Join my crew so I can shoot you.

Use the LSC near vinewood, I'll be standing on a building nearby to give you a wave.

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Play invite only session till u reach rank 100

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Masks are not cool. Do not wear them

....and shoot any bastard that wears headphones.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to have fun, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

This game doesn't force you to grind for hours on end.

Back to reality.

Regardless, nobody has to cave into pressure from anybody.  Play however you want.  People who get upset about it have their priorities terribly skewed. 

Except when you "play however you want" expect to be punished for blatantly cheating.

You mean put into a separate "pool" of players?  That's hardly a punishment, one could argue that it was to shut up those who have been begging for the punishment of others.  I could care less if I am classified as a cheater in a video game.  It will literally change nothing in my life. 

I would only hope it wouldn't.  

But yes if you "play however you want" expect to not be able to play with whoever you want and probably eventually get reset, best advice for new players.

Life is full of risk.  It's a pretty basic principle actually, be you, if you take risks that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to try to scare people into doing things my way through nothing more than speculation, though. 

People have already gotten their money reset when getting put in CP, that isn't speculation I also couldn't care about "scaring" people into playing legit, I'm actually perfectly okay with people cheating and then getting put in CP so I never have to be stuck playing with people who probably suck at the game lol.

Some people get gifted money without asking for it, does it make u a cheater if u keep it? What else can you do with it but spend it anyway, no delet button for cash.

You can report it to Rockstar and get the money removed.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hide your kids, hide your wife...

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Spend a bit of cash and buy a cash card and buy a home with it.  Wish I'd done that as spawning in the middle of a random street can be a pain if any griefers are hanging about.  Use the $84,000 apartment, it's a great bolt hole and leaving it is not as dangerous as some of the more popular apartments.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Spend a bit of cash and buy a cash card and buy a home with it.  Wish I'd done that as spawning in the middle of a random street can be a pain if any griefers are hanging about.  Use the $84,000 apartment, it's a great bolt hole and leaving it is not as dangerous as some of the more popular apartments.

Achieve the same effect for less by just buying a garage. It gives you somewhere to spawn and keep a couple of cars for a lot less money. Who needs a shower anyway?

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yeah I don't see an actual point to buying an apartment below 200k since the 200k+ ones are the only ones with the planning rooms and it seems like that's the only benefit to owning an apartment right now.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Get a different game.

I lol'd.

best advice EVER.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

[quote name="Odesza" post="1064351595" timestamp="1387666121"][quote name="trip02" post="1064351467" timestamp="1387664818"]
[quote name="Odesza" post="1064350392" timestamp="1387654267"]
[quote name="Mr. Piff 724" post="1064350350" timestamp="1387654072"]
[quote name="Odesza" post="1064350248" timestamp="1387653385"]
[quote name="Mr. Piff 724" post="1064350231" timestamp="1387653258"]
[quote name="Odesza" post="1064350210" timestamp="1387652990"]
[quote name="Mr. Piff 724" post="1064350199" timestamp="1387652892"]
[quote name="Odesza" post="1064350171" timestamp="1387652649"]
[quote name="Mr. Piff 724" post="1064350164" timestamp="1387652601"]
[quote name="Odesza" post="1064350081" timestamp="1387651822"]
Don't cheat.
[/quote]
Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to have fun, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.
[/quote]
This game doesn't force you to grind for hours on end.

Back to reality.
[/quote]
Regardless, nobody has to cave into pressure from anybody.  Play however you want.  People who get upset about it have their priorities terribly skewed.
[/quote]
Except when you "play however you want" expect to be punished for blatantly cheating.
[/quote]
You mean put into a separate "pool" of players?  That's hardly a punishment, one could argue that it was to shut up those who have been begging for the punishment of others.  I could care less if I am classified as a cheater in a video game.  It will literally change nothing in my life.
[/quote]
I would only hope it wouldn't.  

But yes if you "play however you want" expect to not be able to play with whoever you want and probably eventually get reset, best advice for new players.
[/quote]
Life is full of risk.  It's a pretty basic principle actually, be you, if you take risks that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to try to scare people into doing things my way through nothing more than speculation, though.
[/quote]
People have already gotten their money reset when getting put in CP, that isn't speculation I also couldn't care about "scaring" people into playing legit, I'm actually perfectly okay with people cheating and then getting put in CP so I never have to be stuck playing with people who probably suck at the game lol.
[/quote]
Some people get gifted money without asking for it, does it make u a cheater if u keep it? What else can you do with it but spend it anyway, no delet button for cash.
[/quote]
You can report it to Rockstar and get the money removed.[/quote]

Some random bounty you just killed drops a couple BIllion and your first reaction is to be a good citizen and ask R* to take it all off your hands? Bullsh*t.

Not my fault the guy had a billion instead of 9000
  • trip02 likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Do not enter DM's until you have acquired your fave weapon.

Do not trust anyone. Unless try have proven otherwise.

Strangers in Free Mode are NOT your friends.

Take advantage of the 'snacks' during DM's and Survivals.

If you are killed by a player in a tank...run away. You will not destroy the tank and sticky bombs...waste all that money one loser? Think.

Don't rush to everything. Let the game unfold.

Join the R* Social Club

Read all the stickies in the GTA online forum here.

Spend your money wisely. Don't run out and buy a Supercar and leave yourself with $1,000....you won't have money to modify it with the real valuable parts and on top of that you have to EARN the right to buy the more expensive performance modifications. (Also keep in mind your stock Supercar will never be as fast as the custom cars out there. So Why buy one Supercar when you can buy a sports car and a motorbike and have two racing options do rank up with.

Do YOUR RESEARCH!! YouTube stuff and tutorials. (For example how to pick the right aiming system for yourself, property guides.

Play single player so you can pre-buy vehicles you want online. Doing this with Franklin saved me from buying a car I wanted online and once I drove it, I'm glad I didn't waste my money online for it.

spydeeman
  • spydeeman

🀄️

• Members
  • Costa-Rica

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Bend over grab your ankles and take a deep breath it's going to hurt
  • trip02 and sexboxlive like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

Shooting range you wil be able to use all the weapons.

Don't buy flashlights until you have some money to burn.

Enjoy the satisfaction of getting the Grim Reaper Smoking Gun tattoo.

Anti Warhol
  • Anti Warhol

Internet Amogger

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

The most interesting cars are not buyable.

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

Pause > Settings...

Controls > Freeaim
Aim Sensitivity up
Look Sensitivity up

Unpause > Enjoy!

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

Don't stand still, keep moving

Get a fast car, learn to drive it

Body armor is useless

Cover is essential

Portable snacks are helpful

Beware of oddly parked vehicles

Check radar often

Inventory button is your friend

Don't do what someone else can do for you

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

I advise you to say hello to my little friend.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

Use passive mode when you see a tank.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

We all know Christmas is coming...

no sh*t you are out of money, because your playing the game backasswards....your just too stupid to realize it.  

You clearly realized that what you were trying to say was "you are" but yet you inexplicably typed "your". I hope you aren't too "backasswards" or "too stupid to realize" that the correct contraction for "you are" is "you're".

Back on topic - I'd advise newcomers to Los Santos to avoid buying an apartment and just buy a garage until (if) the heists come out, as the only current reason for owning property in GTA:O is to house vehicles. 

Oh shut the hell up already.

@OP, my advice would be to run :) , and maybe buy a house ASAP >.<

anybodykilla
  • anybodykilla

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

if a person stops and honks at you,

don't respond by shooting at them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users