Photo

Advice to Christmas Noobs.

80 replies to this topic
Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

My advice would be, earn your first 20 rank in solo session.

• RowanSane likes this

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

If the game worked I would suggest new players sell ballers every 45min and race for RP and to unlock upgrades.

Game is so broke. I was hoping for a decent fix before the Xmas crowd joins. I'm giving it a break myself till I see what R* does.

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by The Real Firebanshee, 21 December 2013 - 08:23 PM.

We all know Christmas is coming, and with that, a flood of new players will be playing this game. In the past month, with all of the hacking going on, this game is going to be a nightmare to them, since they're going to be up against people who are well above their measly single-digit ranks.

If you were to give any sort of advice to these players, what would it be? Personally, I'd say they stay in Paleto Bay. Nobody ever goes up there. Lol

have any of you ever considered that open lobbies and free roam is not the core aspect of this game.  Free roam is there to tie the other modes together.

free roam is not a competition.  there is zero reason to play it other than get your tiny rocks off f*cking with people.  there are no rewards for playing free roam...yet you idiots still bitch that you are out of money and its not fair.  no sh*t you are out of money, because your playing the game backasswards....your just too stupid to realize it.  

Unbalanced?  not fair to new players.  GTFO of here.  The real game modes can be set up so that everything is perfectly equal.   Including player level.

all the people that play the game, and dont complain about everything, and always have extra cash, and dont spend it on ammo, are all playing the actual game modes, on private servers, with clans and friends.  not f*cking about like children in "free roam"

if you play free roam, you probably just like the drama.  ...which would explain why you guys constantly bitch and complain.

• RowanSane likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

I expect a surge of used copies at my gamestop by new years eve.

need_prison_bus
  • need_prison_bus

Over 7k noobs owned 3.0k/d

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Im starring in a new movie this Christmas I hope I can count on your full support!

noob.jpg

• WBaker and Sir Michael like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Omg legit or not legit, who cares....get over it.
The few real legit players left posting here sound like self righteous hipsters anymore.

I feel like you aren't even reading posts and are just complaining to complain lol.

Dear user 'Odesza'
You have posted in this advice thread for newbs with the suggestion 'don't cheat'. For this, you will receive a series of angry responses from cheaters who believe that their advice (cheat yolo) is greater and more powerful than yours. Do not be alarmed, they are simply lashing out due to the fear of imminent punishment.

But you already knew that.

Sincerely, etc

LS Legits. "To legit to quit"
  • Odesza likes this

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

I expect a surge of used copies at my gamestop by new years eve.

I think the majority is more interested in the single player.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

The few real legit players left posting here sound like self righteous hipsters anymore.

I feel like you aren't even reading posts and are just complaining to complain lol.

Dear user 'Odesza'
You have posted in this advice thread for newbs with the suggestion 'don't cheat'. For this, you will receive a series of angry responses from cheaters who believe that their advice (cheat yolo) is greater and more powerful than yours. Do not be alarmed, they are simply lashing out due to the fear of imminent punishment.

Sincerely, etc

Not angry at all, don't care if I am "punished."  I simply encourage people not to surrender to fear mongering, and the opinions of others.  I do however, encourage personal responsibility.  If you decide to cheat and get caught, don't complain.  If you want to listen to children who are afraid of a video game company on a forum, then that's also your choice.  Not a wise one, but again, its a choice. 

wonderboyjohnny
  • wonderboyjohnny

The Cleaner

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Don't get too attached to any car you find about town and decide to keep as your own.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Let's see...

1. Don't go trying to kill high level players with your pistol.

2. Keep your expanded radar on.

3. Get an automatic weapon asap.

4. Don't be a hero, run from tanks.

5. Read Jolly Swagman's How to Win at GTA: http://gtaforums.com...e/?fromsearch=1

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by Odesza, 21 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Dear user 'Odesza'

Sincerely, etc

Not angry at all, don't care if I am "punished."  I simply encourage people not to surrender to fear mongering, and the opinions of others.  I do however, encourage personal responsibility.  If you decide to cheat and get caught, don't complain.  If you want to listen to children who are afraid of a video game company on a forum, then that's also your choice.  Not a wise one, but again, its a choice. 

It's not fear mongering at all though, if you cheat you will be forced to only be able to play with other cheaters.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Practice the jerk animation. That will be you're most effective weapon.

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

GUYS DONT EVEN DARE TO PLAY IN THE AUTO-AIM SERVERS... THEY ARE FULL OF ASSHOLES. INSTEAD GO PLAY IN THE FREE-AIM SERVERS

(unless you have never ever played a shooter without auto-aim, in which case you're a newbie and i suggest you to go into free-aim anyway, you need to learn somewhere after all....)

THANKS

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 21 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Dear user 'Odesza'

Sincerely, etc

It's not fear mongering at all though, if you cheat you will be forced to only be able to play with other cheaters.

...and the only way that is punishment, is if you perceive it that way.  I see it as being put with other people who aren't afraid to go against the system.  I'm not even in the cheater pool either.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Dear user 'Odesza'

Sincerely, etc

I see it as being put with other people who aren't afraid to go against the system. 

:facedesk:

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 21 December 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Dear user 'Odesza'

Sincerely, etc

I see it as being put with other people who aren't afraid to go against the system. 

Have you ever considered that it's fine for people to have opposing opinions?  I know we don't exactly live in a society where this happens very often, but it does exist.  Ever heard of agree to disagree?  You're still playing the same game, no matter what.  It's a frigging label.  What would happen if they called it the "baller pool" in reference to the rich folks who glitched and hacked money?  Kids would be up in arms.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Can you guys stop bitching? Play the game how you want, if you want to cheat, hell go cheat! There may be, and in some circumstances probably will be repercussions like being banned or cheaters pool. If you want to play legit, that's cool too but it's your choice. 

My tips:

1. Don't get into unnecessary battles

2. Invite only sessions until you've got some good hardware

3. Racing, it's a great way to rank up!

4. Sell ballers as much as you can

5. Check bounty amounts before you kill, you might end up with a few billion

6. Don't be a jerk, if someone pulls up a longside you and honks their horn, they're not trying to kill you

• Mr. Piff 724 likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Dear user 'Odesza'

Sincerely, etc

Have you ever considered that it's fine for people to have opposing opinions?  I know we don't exactly live in a society where this happens very often, but it does exist.  Ever heard of agree to disagree?  You're still playing the same game, no matter what.  It's a frigging label.  What would happen if they called it the "baller pool" in reference to the rich folks who glitched and hacked money?  Kids would be up in arms.

If they called it that you would still be restricted to only playing with other "ballers" and not being able to play with whoever you wanted.

HowsItGoingM8
  • HowsItGoingM8

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

my advice would be, save some of your christmas money to buy a cash card or 2

HoneyBadger ESQ
  • HoneyBadger ESQ

We're Not Really Here

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

We all know Christmas is coming...

no sh*t you are out of money, because your playing the game backasswards....your just too stupid to realize it.  

You clearly realized that what you were trying to say was "you are" but yet you inexplicably typed "your". I hope you aren't too "backasswards" or "too stupid to realize" that the correct contraction for "you are" is "you're".

Back on topic - I'd advise newcomers to Los Santos to avoid buying an apartment and just buy a garage until (if) the heists come out, as the only current reason for owning property in GTA:O is to house vehicles. 

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by The Real Firebanshee, 21 December 2013 - 09:33 PM.

murderers and rapists have a opinions about their own acts too.  are we supposed to respect them?  I mean, obviously that is being really dramatic, but I'm trying to prove a point.

opinions dont mean sh*t to anyone if they are based on irrational thinking. 

you seem to not understand that some people have principles that transcend things like video games.  god forbid anyone have any f*cking integrity.  

Personally, I dont want to live in a country where everyones opinion matters about avery god damn subject.  thats the most hippy-liberal bullsh*t I've ever heard.

there is no honor among thieves.   that statement doesnt discriminate.  If you cheat in a game I have no reason not to beleive that you wouldnt cheat in any other aspect of your life.  if you didnt think it was wrong yourself you wouldnt be on here trying to defend it.

Anti Warhol
  • Anti Warhol

Internet Amogger

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Masks are not cool. Do not wear them

• Mart1001 likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Someone is going to kill you

Be aware of your surroundings

If you see a white dot coming toward you on the map, 9 times out of 10 its someone coming to kill you, so get out of dodge or get ready

Trying to be rambo will get you killed. The Cover button is your best friend

You never know who's watching you, on Weazel News, or through the scope of a rifle

The Real Firebanshee
  • The Real Firebanshee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by The Real Firebanshee, 21 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

We all know Christmas is coming...

no sh*t you are out of money, because your playing the game backasswards....your just too stupid to realize it.  

You clearly realized that what you were trying to say was "you are" but yet you inexplicably typed "your". I hope you aren't too "backasswards" or "too stupid to realize" that the correct contraction for "you are" is "you're".

Back on topic - I'd advise newcomers to Los Santos to avoid buying an apartment and just buy a garage until (if) the heists come out, as the only current reason for owning property in GTA:O is to house vehicles. 

thanks.  you sure set me straight.  man, what a life lesson I've learned today.  how can I ever repay you? now let me practice it.

YOU'RE a tool.  YOU'RE an idoit  YOU'RE a pretentious twit  YOU'RE prbably a very lonely person

how am I doing.  I think I got it now. again, can't thank you enough.

now piss of you f*cking whinny little baby.  

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Get a boat and travel to the end of the ocean and stay there. People will never find you, unless they have fighter jet.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Pretend to be a girl

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 21 December 2013 - 10:11 PM.

This escalated quickly.. haha.

&& Out of money? I have 4.5 million saved up dude, and I don't have a reason to blow it all. Somebody thought it was cool to give me 1.3 million 2 weeks ago. I had 1.7 million when he did that. Ever since, I was able to make 1 mil from doing missions; usually Lester's and Trevor's, since repeat mission payouts have increased! Been playing since October, so I was able to get the Stimulus Package too.

My first character is at 112, and my second is currently 83 (I needed something to do during college when I wasn't studying and going out.. lolol.), so this advice is useless to me.  I just wanted to make a topic about advice we should give to the new victims. Lol

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 21 December 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to make the game enjoyable, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

For the next few days I'll be looking for those low level players that are making their way to the clothes store for the first time.  Dropping off a fully modded Dominator and telling them to sell it fast, merry christmas :) It's darn near worth $100K

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

-No matter what, no matter who, EVERYONE is a douchebag (no offense everyone) so don't assume anyone will do a good deed for you.

-If you see a tank, don't try to be the action hero who takes it down, it won't end well for you.

-Learn that you can still die from being run over in passive mode.

-Don't be a douche to every random person you meet, they can set bounties on you, and you can't do that to them (yet)

-Nobody likes a douche. Try not to be too much of one.

trip02
  • trip02

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to have fun, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

This game doesn't force you to grind for hours on end.

Back to reality.

Regardless, nobody has to cave into pressure from anybody.  Play however you want.  People who get upset about it have their priorities terribly skewed. 

Except when you "play however you want" expect to be punished for blatantly cheating.

You mean put into a separate "pool" of players?  That's hardly a punishment, one could argue that it was to shut up those who have been begging for the punishment of others.  I could care less if I am classified as a cheater in a video game.  It will literally change nothing in my life. 

I would only hope it wouldn't.  

But yes if you "play however you want" expect to not be able to play with whoever you want and probably eventually get reset, best advice for new players.

Life is full of risk.  It's a pretty basic principle actually, be you, if you take risks that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to try to scare people into doing things my way through nothing more than speculation, though. 

People have already gotten their money reset when getting put in CP, that isn't speculation I also couldn't care about "scaring" people into playing legit, I'm actually perfectly okay with people cheating and then getting put in CP so I never have to be stuck playing with people who probably suck at the game lol.

Some people get gifted money without asking for it, does it make u a cheater if u keep it? What else can you do with it but spend it anyway, no delet button for cash.

This escalated quickly.. haha.

&& Out of money? I have 4.5 million saved up dude, and I don't have a reason to blow it all. Somebody thought it was cool to give me 1.3 million 2 weeks ago. I had 1.7 million when he did that. Ever since, I was able to make 1 mil from doing missions; usually Lester's and Trevor's, since repeat mission payouts have increased! Been playing since October, so I was able to get the Stimulus Package too.

My first character is at 112, and my second is currently 83 (I needed something to do during college when I wasn't studying and going out.. lolol.), so this advice is useless to me.  I just wanted to make a topic about advice we should give to the new victims. Lol

I think a lot of people (including myself) were gifted/bountied several billion today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users