Photo

Advice to Christmas Noobs.

80 replies to this topic
SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 21 December 2013 - 11:30 PM.

With Christmas coming up, we're about to see a flood of new players playing this game. In the past month, with all of the hacking going on, this game is going to be a nightmare to them, since they're going to be up against people who are well above their measly single-digit ranks.

If you were to give any sort of advice to these players, what would it be?

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Tell them to keep jumping sessions ever 30 minutes so they could find a nice hacker to be there secret Santa!
  • ThatGr and trip02 like this

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Being captain obvious here but its true

"Always learn from your mistakes beacause mistakes are going to happen when you are new to this game."

Another one is to check map frequently(in cover! watch out for snipers)

Don't go to LSC in the north part of the city unless you want to get horribly pwned.

That is all.

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

Thank You Based Rockstar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

- If someone is coming towards you, don't be a hero and try to shoot them, you're going to get rekt if you do.

- Don't start up the crappy first mission you get, join jobs from the phone.

- Don't bother buying a house until you have 205k saved up so you can at least buy the nicest apartment for the price.

- Sell a Baller every 48 minutes for easy money.

- If someone invites you to a level 40+ job or higher, join it.

- Always buy insurance for your car, you don't want to lose it for no reason. 

• Scoobroid likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Don't cheat.

• Lc gta, RowanSane and Miss Malevolent like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Get a different game.

• Timely likes this

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Go to the worst places and fight against the meanest assholes. Join every fight, no matter how high ranked the players are.

The noobs need training.
  • zzmorg82 and sexboxlive like this

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

If you see a white dot approaching, get in a good position to defend yourself.

If someone is killing you in a tank, enable passive mode 'till you can get away

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

- Get good at driving (really easy task with these physics).

- Remember to double click down on D-pad.

That´s enough to get rid of most problems.

AdjutantShepard
  • AdjutantShepard

Commander of the Normandy

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Someone gifts you billions and you don't want it...Use common sense and use it because you obviously need it.

• RAS_ZeroZ and trip02 like this

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 21 December 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to make the game enjoyable, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to have fun, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

This game doesn't force you to grind for hours on end.

Back to reality.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 21 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Don't cheat.

Yes, you must grind repetitively in order to be respected as a "legit" player....  Back to reality, to all those who just want to have fun, do whatever you want, have fun, the game is broken.  Players can't break a game that a company doesn't half ass.

Back to reality.

Regardless, nobody has to cave into pressure from anybody.  Play however you want.  People who get upset about it have their priorities terribly skewed. 

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Cloak and Dagger

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Get a different game.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Don't cheat.

Back to reality.

Regardless, nobody has to cave into pressure from anybody.  Play however you want.  People who get upset about it have their priorities terribly skewed. 

Except when you "play however you want" expect to be punished for blatantly cheating.

• dOn DaDa ShOttA and Miss Malevolent like this

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

"DUCK"...!!  ;)

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Vigilante

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Don't use shoot other players unnecessarily or be prepared to get killed over and over again.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 21 December 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Don't cheat.

Back to reality.

Except when you "play however you want" expect to be punished for blatantly cheating.

You mean put into a separate "pool" of players?  That's hardly a punishment, one could argue that it was to shut up those who have been begging for the punishment of others.  I could care less if I am classified as a cheater in a video game.  It will literally change nothing in my life. 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Don't cheat.

Back to reality.

You mean put into a separate "pool" of players?  That's hardly a punishment, one could argue that it was to shut up those who have been begging for the punishment of others.  I could care less if I am classified as a cheater in a video game.  It will literally change nothing in my life. 

I would only hope it wouldn't.  

But yes if you "play however you want" expect to not be able to play with whoever you want and probably eventually get reset, best advice for new players.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Omg legit or not legit, who cares....get over it.

The few real legit players left posting here sound like self righteous hipsters anymore.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Omg legit or not legit, who cares....get over it.

The few real legit players left posting here sound like self righteous hipsters anymore.

I feel like you aren't even reading posts and are just complaining to complain lol.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Don't cheat.

Back to reality.

But yes if you "play however you want" expect to not be able to play with whoever you want and probably eventually get reset, best advice for new players.

Life is full of risk.  It's a pretty basic principle actually, be you, if you take risks that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to try to scare people into doing things my way through nothing more than speculation, though. 

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 21 December 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Lolz, Northern Los Santos = Battle of Stalingrad.

And to add on.. actually play the story and learn the controls! I'm astonished at the terrible pilots I see online. So many suicides in anything involving Lazers...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Don't cheat.

Back to reality.

Life is full of risk.  It's a pretty basic principle actually, be you, if you take risks that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to try to scare people into doing things my way through nothing more than speculation, though. 

People have already gotten their money reset when getting put in CP, that isn't speculation I also couldn't care about "scaring" people into playing legit, I'm actually perfectly okay with people cheating and then getting put in CP so I never have to be stuck playing with people who probably suck at the game lol.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

I think they should have a different lobby for beginners.  That way they can ease into the game, save up some $ and get used to gameplay.  After they reach a certain level (at least 10) or have played in this beginner lobby for a certain amount of time, then they can be let into the main lobby.  I think that would be the only fair way for them to get started without them getting destroyed every 2 minutes, causing them to become frustrated and either putting down the controller, or becoming trollish themselves.  

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think they should have a different lobby for beginners.  That way they can ease into the game, save up some $ and get used to gameplay.  After they reach a certain level (at least 10) or have played in this beginner lobby for a certain amount of time, then they can be let into the main lobby.  I think that would be the only fair way for them to get started without them getting destroyed every 2 minutes, causing them to become frustrated and either putting down the controller, or becoming trollish themselves.  

Yeah that would be a pretty good idea, although at the same time I'd hope new players would get on this game and want to actually learn the game and get a decent gun instead of running head first into FR only to be killed.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Enjoy Single Player.

• Mr. Piff 724 likes this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Invite only. Best advice I can give.

• Mr. Piff 724 likes this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yeah that would be a pretty good idea, although at the same time I'd hope new players would get on this game and want to actually learn the game and get a decent gun instead of running head first into FR only to be killed.

That's true, but I can't even begin to count the amount of low levels I've done missions with that just run head first into fire without looking.  They always get killed and end up spectating me as I finish the mission for them.  You would think they would hang back and watch how it's done so they know the next time, but nope.  LEROOOOOOOOOY Jenkins strikes again.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 21 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Play in Invite Only or Solo Sessions until you level up to rank 20+. Then farm as many survival missions and survive to wave 10.  Try to beat 3 wave 10 survival missions in 1 real hour = $60k.  That should unlock higher ranks, improve your combat skills, give you superior weapons, armor, and cash all at the same time. Plus the fact you get to keep all the better weapons (MG, mini MG etc) until you quit online.

and yeah, if you see any white or red dots warping towards you on the map and your FM shooting skills suck, then

DISAPPEAR.

1. open your phone 

2. join or host a race/mission/LTS/VS etc.

OR

3. quit the session and find another session.  This should buy you time to disappear into another mission marker on the map, put as much distance between yourself and the other dots on the map, or better yet, your new $60k garage you bought from the last 3 rounds of survival. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users