26 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

*Warning we will not be using spoiler tags in this thread. Spoilers will be mostly from Hitman: Abs so read at your own risk*

Now Hitman Abs may not have stuck to it's stealthy roots of the iconic Blood Money and contract games but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

The reason is as anyone who has played the game might know, it focused less on stealth. I mean, I was hardly using stealth at all, I could put fault on the sh*tty disguise system. The AI are ridiculously smart in detecting you.

It felt as though Hitman had transformed from a silent stealthy game to a 3rd Person shooter. And I did find using my pistol many times with 47 very weird.

So in this part, what do I want here? Quite obvious really, I'd love Hitman 6 to go back to it's roots, it might have needed more patience but it was great. In Contracts I felt like I was there in the game, planning it all out, mapping out all the kills and the route I needed to take.

Then there is the graphics, the game is beautiful on PC and even on consoles. I personally had no problems running the game and everything felt smooth and responsive. Of course imagining the game on the XB1 and PS4 will be mind blowing for sure. 

The cut scenes were very good and felt quite realistic no problems there either. So presentation in Hitman: Abs was top notch.

Now onto the story, I have mixed feelings about the story it does leave room up for a sequel as anyone who finished the game might have known that another assassin was sent to assassinate 47 at the end. But it also leaves behind certain plotholes, the two obvious ones (to me) being:

1) Victoria's Necklace: There wasn't a sole mention of how it came to her and why it made her powerful. Not even one! I mean how come a magic necklace enters a Hitman story? It does not make any sense.

2) The Praetorians or whatever they are called: The game didn't mention how Travis hired them, not even one mention other than the fact that they were legendary assassins themselves.

The characters well it felt as though they had no bond at all, the characters just felt very artificial to me.

I was also very disappointed by the ending, it felt anti-climatic despite the game revealing Diana was not dead, I felt no emotion at all.

The Level's however are fantastic and unique. This is where once again Hitman: Abs shines. You could do missions in several different, unique ways. Despite it being non-stealthyish I loved this. So in the end it's a game you can replay again.

All in all though the main things I'd like to see in Hitman 6 are an improved story. Possibly set in an entirely different universe but with 47 as the protagonist. And taking away the blazing actionish gameplay from Abs.

Overall I enjoyed Hitman: Absolution and had a blast playing it despite my gripes with the game, if I were to rate it, I'd give it a 9/10.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

The disguise system really f*cked up that game.

How does every guard in the level know who 47 is, while he's in a hazmat suit?

And most of the levels were linear while only a few were the classic open world levels-Steets of Hope.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by Fireman, 21 December 2013 - 06:09 PM.

The first HItman were magnificent because you had to take so long to assess the situation, THAT is what I want back.

No running around disguised as a waiter, only walking. Complex patrols, camera's on location blocking certain access routes, several routes to the objective rather than one optimal route, proper sniper levels where it requires more effort to get to the location and where shots are harder to make than in the previous games.

More opportunities to hide bodies, more disguises, silencers that act like real silencers, rather than completely silencing every shot.

Lots of stuff really. Lots of new ways for hits would be nice (bombs, mines, sniping, stabbing, shooting, run over with a car, more "accidents").

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hitman 2 and 3 on the PS2 were damn good.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by AceRay, 21 December 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Just return to the non-linearity of Blood Money, that's what really impressed me, there were just so many different ways of going about killing people. Make stealth more rewarding as well. Overall, Abs was a really poor effort on the stealth side with missions that were way too linear.

I also really like BM because most of the environments were set in crowded public areas, and this was really cool as there was always a place where you're allowed to just walk around and analysis stuff, you actually felt like another face in the crowd, as though you could just walk through the crowd unseen. The older ones were more or less set in military or hostile environments, I really liked the civilian settings in BM.

more "accidents"

Yeah, that one mission in BM in the opera house and you could swap the fake gun for the real gun. There's so many more ways of doing this as well, faking suicides, industrial accidents etc.

• Mister Pink likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by Xerukal, 21 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

A less "personal" and more "professional" take on story and Agent 47. Like in the old games.

Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed a deeper, personal look into Agent 47. It was good fun. But I miss getting to select your gear at the "Agency" screen while you're briefed. Just felt so badass and, for lack of a better word, professional.

Hitman: Absolution ending spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

I would like disguises to actually work.

What's the point of disguising yourself as a police officer if everyone can see through you?

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

I would like Hitman to be a Hitman game.

Not some sort off ''Accessible-streamlined-casual-splintercell-tactical-action-shooter''

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

More Blood money and less Absolution.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by AceRay, 22 December 2013 - 01:58 AM.

For those who are interested, Tom Francis from PCGamer wrote a really good piece on Hitman BM on his blog, its definitely worth a read if you want more silent stealth gameplay, some of his ideas for building upon BM are really good.

http://www.pentadact...-money-and-sex/

His review of Hitman Absolution (pc version) is also very good.

http://www.pcgamer.c...olution-review/

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Enemies could actually see through your disguise system but ONLY if you got close to them. Enemies could detect me even if I wasn't anywhere near them.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'd enjoy an open world Hitman. I'm sure they can pull it off.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I have to agree, an open world Hitman would be amazing. Find and sign to different contracts, busy city life, so you have to worry more than just bad guys but police and concerned civilians.

I loved Absolution but it still missed something and it seemed the Agent was a bit soft in that one as well, considering his past. 

• Raavi likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by AceKingston, 22 December 2013 - 04:26 AM.

I'm skeptical about an open-world Hitman to be honest. I mean what else to do other than signing contracts? Well I'd like to see it but I'm not sure if it would work.

E: Well then. It'd be nice to customize the weapons and outfit. And I guess there could be something similar to the heist system in GTA V, take a couple of other assassins and sketch it out. Would be cool.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'd enjoy an open world Hitman. I'm sure they can pull it off.

Open world would likely mean adding drivable vehicles.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'd rather they add in open world because the devs think it will add something to the game rather than just making it open world simply for the sake of being open world. A lot of free roam games are just commuting from mission to mission if you don't have a bunch of fun stuff like side missions to do in the free roam. And honestly, if its just going to be "do this mission, drive here, do that mission, drive here" then what's the point of making it free roam, you may as well just have it BM style as those missions were really non linear.

And as NightSpectre said, they'll have to add driving, which could really backfire.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Open-world Hitman would be a stupid idea either way.

I don't think it would be very smart to walk around in the street as a hitman all day, until you hit a mission marker where you can kill someone.  Also you can't kill anyone outside of the main missions, since you're a hitman, not some random douchebag on a killing spree. You're suppose to remain invisible.

Now I don't know how contract-killing works (thank God), but you don't just walk around town asking people if they want someone killed OR even meet with your superiors at all, as far as I can tell from the previous Hitman games.

Now I don't mind big levels, which feel like an open-world, but the objectives should be straightforward as a hitman.

• AceRay likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

I want the controls of Absolution with the features of Blood Money.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

They should give us more choices and bigger levels, sorta like in Dishonored. but i doubt they can pull off an open world Hitman.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Disguises need to return to the way they were in Contracts and Blood Money. Hitman is all about hiding in plain sight, which is what drew me to the series in the first place. The way they are now basically just makes it a little harder for enemies to spot you. It forces you to play the game like Splinter Cell, rolling between cover. It's totally ridiculous because obviously a police officer rolling between couches looks way more suspicious than just walking around, yet that's what I'm forced to do to keep the enemies from seeing through my disguise.

They need to of course make the game less streamlined. The levels feel a lot more linear than they do in the other games, which is very odd for a Hitman game

Another thing I felt was missing from this Hitman was the eeriness of the other games. Contracts and Blood Money just had this amazing, creepy atmosphere to them that I felt was missing in Absolution. It's probably the music that conveys this atmosphere the most. I really hope Jesper Kyd returns for Hitman 6.

All in all I still enjoyed the game for what it was, I even replayed it a bunch of times and I might go back to it soon.

And I don't really agree with making an open world Hitman. It would feel too much like Assassin's Creed, which I dislike with a passion. 

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 24 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Bring back the customization and weapon selection at the hideout.

More open world levels, I thought they did a horrible job trying to cover that up with the Contracts mode, since I only played it for about 2 weeks max.

Story was decent, they kind of fleshed out some characters a bit, and while I think Agent 47 was a little "soft" especially since he was a born killer, it kind of opens up some humanity and makes you wonder if he actually likes what he does.

About the lack of steath,I sort of disagree, but also agree at the same time. They really made it appealing, but not very fitting with the game.

The disguises. I kind of get what they tried to do with realism and it adds challenge, but it was not done very well or correctly. When they tried to be more realistic, the lack of common sense stands out. It was influenced too much on the instinct, I would rather have a meter or an unknown time duration before people get suspicious and ask some questions. 

I haven't played Hitman recently, so my thoughts are not very clear right now and my memory is a bit faded.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think a good way to have Hitman be open world is to not go with the GTA formula of drive here, do mission, drive to next, but to start off in one small area, complete the assasination then move to a very closeby area. It would feel like a linear game but before you know it, you've just explored an open world piece by piece.

For example you kill someone in a nightclub, head out the back door, get into a van which starts a cutscene or whatever, you're briefed for the next mission, then the next "level" loads up nearby that nightclub. So it would be sort of "chapter" based, you wouldn't freely explore that world until the end. Or perhaps an assasination in a huge area where you have to start with absolutely nothing.

I've never played a Hitman game before so my suggestions are perhaps uneducated but they might be some decent suggestions.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Not some sort off ''Accessible-streamlined-casual-splintercell-tactical-action-shooter''

Woah woah, every single game until Conviction was very similar to Hitman.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Woah woah, every single game until Conviction was very similar to Hitman.

How so? Hitman is mostly about donning disguises and blending into your surroundings. Hiding in plain sight. Splinter Cell is about sneaking around in the shadows.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

In the sense that you had to explore the environment in order to progress, shooting and killing enemies was discouraged and the overall pace of the game was slower.

• ShadowDog94 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just make it like absolution but with every level like Chinatown and Streets of Hope. No more linear garbage that has nothing to do with stealth and planning!

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

In the sense that you had to explore the environment in order to progress, shooting and killing enemies was discouraged and the overall pace of the game was slower.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I really hope the next Hitman has more in common with the older titles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users