Photo

Laptop for using FL Studio.

3 replies to this topic
Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hello there, I'm currently using my desktop pc mainly for producing music with FL Studio 10. My pc has a 1,8 ghz dual core CPU and 1 gb of RAM. It kinda gives me a lot of problems, I can't use too many vst instruments at once and some plugins won't even run smooth, such as Kontakt or Absynth.

I've now found a laptop for a good price, the model is ACER Aspire E1-522-65204G50Mnkk.

It has a quad core 2.0 ghz CPU (AMD A6 Series A6-5200), 4GB of RAM (which can be extended to 8GB, for like 20 euros), the full specifications are here however.
http://www.frontierp...1025766865.html
I was asking myself if this would be a good improvement over the PC I'm currently using and if with this laptop I won't have the problems I have now.

And also, can I connect a desktop screen to this laptop?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

It should be a significant improvement, but I would not use a laptop for making music. With that money you could probably buy a better desktop.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Can you're laptop/pc be connected to a desktop screen ? YES & tv's as long as it has the port that the source has .

1.Laptop has VGA then if the tv has VGA it can connect*

2.Laptop has VGA or HDMI & If the tv has them it can be connected to it.

As a Dj since 1999 i can tell you now a Laptop is not as good as a PC to making tunes . It's CPU Driven most of the time & Laptops can be unreliable ,as loosing DATA or progress throw aplications or Heat can be issues or even Batterie life .

But with that said there are some great laptops that Do quit well .Tho will cost a fortune ... Hope this helped :) :) :)

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the informations, yes I know a laptop isn't great for making music but it would be very comfortable for me because I will be able to take it around different recording studios.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users