Quantcast

» «
Photo

I think I know why Tommy V isn't coming back...

3 replies to this topic
MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 21 December 2013 - 12:18 PM.

So almost everyone, including myself, have been crying for Tommy V to make another appearance in the HD GTA games. There was hype about him being in GTA IV, then there was hype about him being in V. Both times fans were let down and we just assumed Rockstar just weren't listining. It was only last night that happened to be reading a "35 things you didn't know about Grand Theft Auto" article. I flicked through the first few, already knowing these very trivial facts that someone was really scraping the bottle of the barrell to get but then I saw an real interesting one;

"10 Ray Liotta, star of Goodfellas and voice of Vice City’s Tommy Vercetti, allegedly didn’t know how big GTA was. He regretted not demanding a bigger pay cheque for the role, which he only did “for the money”."

Well that answers all the questions, right? How can Tommy Vercetti come back if he has no voice actor? Of course if they ask him back he's going to ask for more money. More money than they probably want to pay him. I've got to say I find that a little upsetting from Ray, I know money can be an important thing in any sort of role, but doing it for nothing but the money? It really feels like Tommy Vercetti is spoiled for me now. But I suppose it's closure, none the less.

Hey, maybe this is a good thing. If Mr V did come back, it might not end out too well...

*Shudder*

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's old news. Almost everybody knows that Ray Liotta ended his relationship with R* in rather hard way, but maybe it's good thing. R* finally realized that famous voice actor can make a lot of trouble and his demands will be higher than some tv-series one, who can do the job as well as the first one.

Also this:

So almost everyone, including myself, have been crying for Tommy V to make another appearance in the HD GTA games. There was hype about him being in GTA IV, then there was hype about him being in V. Both times fans were let down and we just assumed Rockstar just weren't listining.

is a bit of a made up bullsh*t, because for many people it was quite clear that Tommy won't be in any other game than VC. There were rumors about him appearing in VCS (one of Diaz's henchmen was wearing similar shirt), but it was quickly debunked. Faith that Tommy would be present in HD era game is just plain wish without any base in reality.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

While is love tommy vercetti in another game I unfortantly think that will never happen. At least in single player. Online is another thing

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

Its all about the money plus the 3D universe is different from the HD universe but if they did put him in the next GTA if it takes place in VC he should be in a retirement home in VC hooked up on machines and taking medication and they can put some closure to him by Tommy asking us to pull the plug so he can rest in peace or having his heart monitor go beeeeeeep.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users