Photo

Is there anyone here who likes GTA V?

60 replies to this topic
Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 21 December 2013 - 11:10 AM.

I'm serious, this section has become less like a discussion for the game, and more like a complaints section. So my question is this: is there anyone here who actually enjoys the game?

... *puts hand up* DON'T JUDGE ME!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Me. I love it.

kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Yes. How can you not? Forgot the online experience for another thread but SP is just amazing but slightly boring after you finish the campaign but thats a problem with almost every game

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 21 December 2013 - 11:17 AM.

To clarify, i don't have any problems with people not liking the game, i just have a problem with so many threads about things that people don't like about it, so much so that any other discussion than "negative" has almost disappered. So, i created this thread to see if there are still people who like the game.

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Not everyone who complaints about the game actually hates it. Some of the complaints might be legitimate, but of course only as long as people elaborate enough to them. Constructive criticism is where it's at, and you've to keep in mind that no game is perfect. However, I get why you feel that this part of the forum feels like a complaints section.

• icemagi likes this

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Not everyone who complaints about the game actually hates it. Some of the complaints might be legitimate, but of course only as long as people elaborate enough to them. Constructive criticism is where it's at, and you've to keep in mind that no game is perfect. However, I get why you feel that this part of the forum feels like a complaints section.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, and yes, constructive criticism is a good thing, it's just this section has degraded into nothing BUT complaining, with only one or two positive thread at the most.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

I like GTA V and enjoyed every moment I spent playing it from Day One. Yes, some users can seem as if they hate the game but you will find that with every game, some people are going to dislike it and point out many of the negatives. No Game will ever be perfect, we all have a different perception of what 'Perfect' really is.

Just stay positive knowing that you enjoy the game, don't let anybody else change your mind :^: 

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm not saying the game is perfect, and yes, constructive criticism is a good thing, it's just this section has degraded into nothing BUT complaining, with only one or two positive thread at the most.

I think the game is great. There is some legitimate constructive criticism. Some of it is well written, some of it is expressed badly with over-the-top emotional language which may make you think the person hates the game, but really, if you thought it was dreadful, you'd just flog it on ebay and forget about it. Why would you bother even coming to a GTA fansite?

The other factor is (and lets be clear this does not apply to every complaint post) there are also A LOT MORE TROLLS here these days (relative to when IV was launched when I first signed up here). That's almost inevitable when a game franchise gets as popular as this. The number of idiots might be a small percentage, but you get more of them. And the idiots unfortunately tend to post a lot more. The admins here have a frankly very difficult balance to strike between allowing free speech (important if any forum is to work), versus culling posts that have no constructive purpose or are just placed to wind people up.

• ten-a-penny likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

The reason all of us were here in the first place is because we loved the GTA series and we expected to love GTAV.  So this community has a bias toward GTA in the first place.  But the reason that the complaints are so vocal and continuous is that we want to love this game so much, but we keep coming up against numerous gameplay elements and story elements that are frustrating or disappointing. 

I love love love :^: the visual aspects of GTAV and all the many little details and physical elements they included - it's a masterpiece and a triumph of virtual world art.  But I never liked multiplayer games of any kind - they are frustrating zoos full of sh*theads.  But Rockstar gave us a short, half-assed story with nothing happening after it, which pretty much drove us to GTA0 for long term replay fun, and as expected, I find GTA0 to be 90% just one big mindless deathmatch.  The races are an exercise in frustration, nothing but a demolition derby - you would think that these people grew up on Burnout Paradise rather than GTA, and it pisses me off that I can't get a lot of the performance mods for my cars without winning races against against these f*ckheads. 

• Official General, QuietJosh and PandaLambpaws like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

"RAISES HAND"

I'm one of the few who also like the game, it is definitely my favorite GTA. The amount of hate on these forums is ridiculous, either people are expecting a carbon copy of GTA San Andreas (which includes it's bad features such as dancing) with HD graphics or people only care about a games story, they completely disregard the gameplay (this is the reason that the gaming industry is screwed).

Lowi
  • Lowi

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

GTA V - best GTA game ;)

• ten-a-penny likes this

house_party
  • house_party

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

SA is better. Better countryside.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

I love the game and gave Rockstar two swollen thumbs up after the credits rolled.

All in general this was a really cool ride, after it there were some thoughts how it could be made even better, but hey, it's suggestions for DLCs.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

If I enjoy the game?

Yes, I enjoy Singleplayer. But there is a lot's of things that I don't enjoy. Such as driving vehicles with the horrible physics.

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Complaints and general whiney behaviour on an internet forum isn't indicative of the consensus. As it turns out, the majority likes the game, very much so. Otherwise it wouldn't have sold, and still sell like hotcakes. You have to bear in mind that on the internet people from all kinds of different backgrounds put every little detail there is under the microscope. The run of the mill gamer doesn't do this, they just play and dare I say enjoy the game.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Of course I enjoy playing GTA V, as do, I am sure, the majority of other people on this forum and elsewhere. It is just that, as has been mentioned above, people have very valid complaints and criticism with GTA V (as is the case with any other game) - such as the fact that activities and other features were needlessly removed in GTA V that were present in GTA IV, and the fact that the storyline is somewhat watered down to cater to three lead characters, among other small but noticeable things.

There is a difference between a group of people having valid concerns and criticism about the game and that same group outright disliking it.

Needless to say, those who have played GTA V but don't like it at all are what I like to refer to as a very small but noisy minority.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by AceKingston, 21 December 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Dude, GTAF has what 500,000 members? About which 2000 are active everyday, and half of which like the game. GTA V has sold like 29 million copies. Check out the comments on other sites like metacritic, youtube etc. They are all almost always positive except for some obvious troll comments. This is because this forum hyped up the game to be the greatest thing ever made, but other members on other sites did not and they enjoyed the game as a result.

8.2 on metacritic a site known for trolls giving zeroes for no reason, is no mean feat.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:18 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 21 December 2013 - 01:19 PM.

*both hands and a foot raised*

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

"RAISES HAND"

I'm one of the few who also like the game, it is definitely my favorite GTA. The amount of hate on these forums is ridiculous, either people are expecting a carbon copy of GTA San Andreas (which includes it's bad features such as dancing) with HD graphics or people only care about a games story, they completely disregard the gameplay (this is the reason that the gaming industry is screwed).

You think this is bad? I've said this before, but compared to when GTA IV was new GTA V gets a slap on the wrist really.

The GTA IV forum was a toxic waste land full of trolls for months. This forum is no where near as bad. I'm not exaggerating as I still remember what the GTA IV forum was like.

I mean this question is kind of silly as of course people like it. Remove your bitter feelings whilst someone is giving their critical point of view and you'll see most actually do like the game.

There was far more ignorance and hostility with GTA IV. GTA V is bound to have its haters, but in general it seems fairly well liked.

What we have on this forum is people standing on their soap box and screaming the loudest giving the impression a large majority doesn't like the game which I believe to be false.
  • ExitiumMachina, Raavi, grumpy cat meme and 1 other like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

GTA IV still receives hate on other sites. I really don't know why people dislike that game the only complaint I see is 'It took away all those fun features from SA'. Well if you want to be in stuck in 2004 and not appreciate the game, I'm not going to bother with you.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Official General, 21 December 2013 - 01:59 PM.

Of course I like it, it's still GTA. But I cannot bring myself to say I love it and it was so great, because in my view it just was not. 

Still a very good game regardless. 

@ Son Of Liberty

There was far more ignorance and hostility with GTA IV. GTA V is bound to have its haters, but in general it seems fairly well liked.

I would say that GTA V has it worse. The criticisms for V came out very shortly after it was released, because many players quickly discovered the game's avoidable, unecessary shortcomings and flaws and the fact that it in some ways regressed from GTA IV.  V was not a great improvement over IV, and it had every opprtunity to be, so this is why V gets a lot of hate or dislike, even though a majority probably did like it (mostly casual gamers though). 

ludvigR
  • ludvigR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I love it

I either play singleplayer or if a friend is on i skype with him and play online

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I love it

I either play singleplayer or if a friend is on i skype with him and play online

Really ? You need to get yourself some decent female company bro. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I love it as well. I love the vehicle selection in this game and to me that is one of the most important things.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I enjoyed the game very much. I'm one of those who were torn about GTAIV. Never got so much as 20% through it. I plan to try again someday, but enjoying GTAV RDR and LA Noire as of now.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nah, I totally hate GTA V but play it weekly, joined a forum about it, and talk extensively about it, but yeah, I hate it.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yes, I enjoy it so much, it's actually my favorite game of the whole GTA series. It really is a shame that the V section of this forum went way downhill after release. Before the game it was a wonderful place to share ideas, now all that's here is complaining and trolling.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

I love it. It's an amazing piece of art. But I still prefer GTA IV over GTA V but that in no way means GTA V is a bad game.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

*both hands and a foot raised*

Ah, did somebody say yoga? Namaste Hanky. 

I like V. The countryside, animals, underwater, over exaggeration on how dynamic the game is but it isn't really etc. 

• WildBrick142 likes this

LosSantosInternational
  • LosSantosInternational

Alive and rolling...

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

umm why not? i love it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users