What annoys you in gta v?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,075 replies to this topic
LoreenSharkey
  • LoreenSharkey

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:24 AM Edited by LoreenSharkey, 18 May 2017 - 07:55 AM.

Don't like those disappearing cars. Though that's made for optimisation and it is really good in gta V.

Also, seems like aircrafts are a bit too slow. Find a proof over here

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

Clothing restrictions.an example is how Michael can wear suit pants with a shirt or jacket on his own while switching to him but i cant make him wear it in his wardrobe or wear something like his outfit in the times come. For Trevor it's not as bad but stupud things like not being able to wear hit tennis polo outside that outfit but his tennis shorts can be used just fime with almost any outfit and for all three characters, its ridiculous how many hoops you have to jump through to get a balaclava with certain clothes. Oh whats that? You want to recreate Franklins exact jewellery heist outfit that has is actually in outfits but is unused? thats fine but if you DARE wear grey shoes instead of black you get no balaclava OR gloves.

Robaldinio
  • Robaldinio

Stay DeClasse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

The lack of immersion mostly caused by the way the characters dump their non-default vehicles and change their clothes almost every time you switch away from them. What really is the point of buying clothes, and especially cars and mods?

I just completed by latest run through without doing any of that except to check off the 100% requirements right at the end.  

I always wished a character's default car would be replaced by whatever they drive the most. Lots of games record stats about your "favourite" vehicles so why not? It especially annoys me how your default car sometimes magically shows up at the end of a mission that didn't involve driving your own vehicle, or equally annoying is when you're left in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle at all!

Also, what's up with the Premier that Michael gets when Jimmy takes his Tailgater? You should have at least been allowed to select a replacement at that point of the game.

To be fair, this is a problem I've always had with the GTA series in general, My favourite cars always end up sitting in garages to be hardly ever driven for fear of losing them. Back on GTA3 I'd always take that one civilian Sentinel from Marco's Bistro and try to use it as much as possible, but whenever I showed up to a mission that made me abandon it I'd reload my save and use a different car lol.

You could say that at least GTA5 has the impound as a sort of safety net, but it's ridiculously inconsistent and buggy, such as how vehicles driven by other characters tend to show up there. For example, I've found Franklin's Buffalo there when I'm Michael, and I even had Tracey's Issi appear there when I was Franklin, wtf!

• gunziness likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was going to make a thread on this in series chat, but I remembered about this one and it's mostly related to GTA V anyway.

It infuriates me to hell when Michael and Franklin meet up after the Vangelico heist discussing the outcome and Norton casually strolls into the damn lounge room like he was there all along listening in the hall way.

It's so awkward and completely kills the climax to the heist IMO. I get how the same gag was used when Trevor confronts Michael, but holy sh*t Michael should buy a door lock. Seems any asshole can can walk in off the street..:lol:

• universetwisters and Dr. Robotnik like this

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Dr. Robotnik, 4 weeks ago.

^ To be fair, Dave and Michael know each other, so maybe he just knew the password to Michael's gate.

Anyway, I'll admit that you could say this about just about any sandbox game, and I'm normally the last person to complain about enemy AI being too easy, but boy, as accurate as they are in the open, they sure are suicidal morons when you have good cover underground or on top of a building with no stairs or ladders. It just bugs me a little that they never seem to figure out how much of a meat grinder the subterranean parking garage near the Union Depository is, no matter how many corpses are already piled near the pillar they're about to take cover behind.

LibertyViceSantos
  • LibertyViceSantos

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The AI being Navy Seal Sharpshooters in the game. When I was going for one of the pointless stunt jumps that took me into the prison, I was dead within 20 seconds even with full health, armor, and ducking all the way. So I had to resort to entering a damn cheat code just to survive. And even outside the prison on the freeway going south, they still could hit me. WTF?

Also, the property management is awful. They should've just taken the set ideas from Vice City where you have 3 or 4 mission and at the end you get the max weekly income. Speaking of properties, how come the city doesn't generate any broken cars for my scrapyard? The fact I have to go on a rampage myself to get money from it is pathetic (at best). And LOL on the golf course. (Especially watching the video for the letter scraps or spaceship parts and the guy in the video flies a helicopter in and Rockstar suddenly turned it into Los Santos International Airport with a restricted airspace warning. JFC...)

I could go on, but GTA 5 is by far my least favorite GTA that I've played. Maybe GTA 3 with the 500 different gangs was worse for me, but since I haven't gotten that far in that game in 10 years... GTA 5 is taking the (moldy) cake.

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The AI being Navy Seal Sharpshooters in the game. When I was going for one of the pointless stunt jumps that took me into the prison, I was dead within 20 seconds even with full health, armor, and ducking all the way. So I had to resort to entering a damn cheat code just to survive. And even outside the prison on the freeway going south, they still could hit me. WTF?

I agree, and after about the tenth time and paying the 5 grand a piece for ending up in the hospital, I pretty much gave up on trying to steal that stupid damn fighter jet from the army base. There's no reason that has to be that goshdern hard!!...🤣🤣

Or I don't know, maybe I'm just not that good of a modern day gamer!

I could go on, but GTA 5 is by far my least favorite GTA that I've played. Maybe GTA 3 with the 500 different gangs was worse for me, but since I haven't gotten that far in that game in 10 years... GTA 5 is taking the (moldy) cake.

Since my PS4 is the first game console I've bought in a very long time-- a Nintendo 64 was the last one, that's how far back that goes but I never played any of the other GTA games so I guess I really don't know what all I've been missing to properly judge the 5th installment of the series. MOF, I've played a few times here and there on an original PlayStation, PS2 and even quite frequently on a PS3 but I never gave any of the GTA games a chance. Watched plenty of people play the San Andreas one and one other but at the time I wasn't interested. Figgered I would try GTA 5 and ended up loving it. Already beat it twice now. Yeah there's things about it that I've stated that I'm not too happy about but if they bothered me that bad I would've done traded the game off by now and bought somethin else. lol.

Since this game updatable, it would be nice to see some more missions added from time to time so that delivering the grass from time to time to Franklin's weed store or delivering beer to any of the taverns was the only thing left to do.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

after about the tenth time and paying the 5 grand a piece for ending up in the hospital, I pretty much gave up on trying to steal that stupid damn fighter jet from the army base. There's no reason that has to be that goshdern hard!!

need some practice for it to work or play through game again BUT leave cletus side missions unfinished because as you start the target practice and leave the cletus there you can enter anywhere without being even noticed as if you were ghost, steal what you want and store it in trevors hangar and kill some random drivers nearby to fail it. If you want michael or franklin to have it park the plane on runway and stand next to it with trevor and get other character over there.

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

after about the tenth time and paying the 5 grand a piece for ending up in the hospital, I pretty much gave up on trying to steal that stupid damn fighter jet from the army base. There's no reason that has to be that goshdern hard!!

need some practice for it to work or play through game again BUT leave cletus side missions unfinished because as you start the target practice and leave the cletus there you can enter anywhere without being even noticed as if you were ghost, steal what you want and store it in trevors hangar and kill some random drivers nearby to fail it. If you want michael or franklin to have it park the plane on runway and stand next to it with trevor and get other character over there.

Wait, what?

Although I do see myself playing the story again someday, it probably won't be in the near future as I've already beat it twice but, I'm a little confused as to what you mean about Cletus.

Are you talking about the first time Trevor meets Cletus where he has to shoot the coyotes and the car tires from the roof of the motel?

So by wandering off from that, you're saying Trevor can mosey on in to the base and just hop in the fighter jet, steal it, and no one cares? No alarms, no one shoots at him or the plane after he steals it? Hmm.

What about right now? What's the best way to steal the jet without getting dead?

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

I agree, and after about the tenth time and paying the 5 grand a piece for ending up in the hospital, I pretty much gave up on trying to steal that stupid damn fighter jet from the army base. There's no reason that has to be that goshdern hard!!...

Or I don't know, maybe I'm just not that good of a modern day gamer.

There is an easy way to do it if you aren't that good at dealing with the Army thugs, and it won't cost you the 5 Grand in hospital fees either. I memorized where the plane is, and break in with each of the characters on a new save and go straight to the hangars where they are stored. Oddly enough I rarely have any trouble stealing the fighter Jet, but lol sometimes getting the plane into the air and away before a tank gets a lucky mortar shot on me can be a real pain in the ass. :)

So here is "Fighter-Jet Stealing 101:"

-Get into a very durable vehicle, drive to right outside the base, say a few hundred yards before the entrance with the wooden traffic barricade that you have to crash through since they won't open it for you. Make sure you are armed to the teeth, and have full health and armor.

-Then just quick save while in the vehicle.

-Break in, go right to the jet, and only defend yourself if you absolutely have to. Once you memorize exactly where the fighter jets are stored, then you can just keep trying until you get it. Once you get to the hangar that has one inside it, jump out of your vehicle and run as fast as you can, break into the jet, and fly away.

-If you get wasted, just keep reloading the save until you get it right so you save time and money.

Rinse and repeat for the other two protagonists.

**Note, Michael and Trevor are easiest to steal the actual plane with because of their special abilities. Make sure the meter is full and when you jump out of the vehicle, activate Trevor's rage and/or Michael's time slowing. With Franklin, you can at least have some advantage driving to the hangar, but obviously on foot, you're on your own.

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I agree, and after about the tenth time and paying the 5 grand a piece for ending up in the hospital, I pretty much gave up on trying to steal that stupid damn fighter jet from the army base. There's no reason that has to be that goshdern hard!!...

There is an easy way to do it if you aren't that good at dealing with the Army thugs, and it won't cost you the 5 Grand in hospital fees either. I memorized where the plane is, and break in with each of the characters on a new save and go straight to the hangars where they are stored. Oddly enough I rarely have any trouble stealing the fighter Jet, but lol sometimes getting the plane into the air and away before a tank gets a lucky mortar shot on me can be a real pain in the ass. :)

-Get into a very durable vehicle, drive to right outside the base, say a few hundred yards before the entrance with the wooden traffic barricade that you have to crash through since they won't open it for you. Make sure you are armed to the teeth, and have full health and armor.

-Break in, go right to the jet, and only defend yourself if you absolutely have to. Once you memorize exactly where the fighter jets are stored, then you can just keep trying until you get it. Once you get to the hangar that has one inside it, jump out of your vehicle and run as fast as you can, break into the jet, and fly away.

-If you get wasted, just keep reloading the save until you get it right so you save time and money.

**Note, Michael and Trevor are easiest to steal the actual plane with because of their special abilities. Make sure the meter is full and when you jump out of the vehicle, activate Trevor's rage and/or Michael's time slowing. With Franklin, you can at least have some advantage driving to the hangar, but obviously on foot, you're on your own.

Hmm, I'll have to try that.... Thank you!

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

btw you got everything right from my hints, yes its the coyote and tire shooting one when you meet cletus first time and you can leave as soon as the cutscene ends, drive anything you can get but dont shoot anyone or you fail the mission. 

You need to get casually to the base or whatever forbidden place you need to see inside and take what you want, park plane in sandy shores hangar and then go and kill someone to fail mission OR if you think you dont need another plane then just finish the mission.

I have video about this method, if you dont want to watch titant part (only for last gen anyway) then start from this point .

there is another method with second mission of cletus called fair game (longer video about that too).

DigitalBolognese
  • DigitalBolognese

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted A week ago

Prob when a cop car clips or reverses into your car while you're sat still and suddenly decides that's more important than the car full of criminals shooting at them
  • theGTAking101, Payne Killer and Corneileous like this

AlbanyEsperanto
  • AlbanyEsperanto

Railfan - NACCO biaatch

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago Edited by AlbanyEsperanto, A week ago.

- NPCs who wants crash and damage your car and yelling:Go F**k your mother in a Keister!
- Cops
- Simeons vehicle request when i want spawn different car when my Personall vehicle is close to me (Online)
- Freight Train was undriverable
- Kids in Online
- Pegasus = when you get close to your vehicle he spawns on different area (Online)
- Mechanic Johnny when you call him for delivering car under bridge he spawns your car on bridge where i cant get it (Online)
- LJT (Malc)(Online)
- You received 2000$ for good behavior! Keep it up. When payent sundely occurs 'You paid 300 Mechanic per day (Online)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

It's never made any shred of sense to me when we buy these "businesses" and chose to ignore the sh*tty missions attached to them when the managers get the sh*ts with us for ignoring them? Excuse me? I own the place bitch.

Imagine that f*cked up logic in the real world. You own a business and the mangers verbally castrate you for not doing what they want.

• Payne Killer, Ertan Soner and AlbanyEsperanto like this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted A week ago

I like how now your protagonists own cars that are near them and marked on the map but why can't i switch the car? I mean i can own car i bought as any of the protagonists, but they are usually switched during mission intros anyway :(

The 3 protagonists don't have equally enough stuff to do, Trevor have some really good side missions but michael have almost none, you can get some by buying property but i feel with michael i have the least to do when it comes to things specific to him.

f*ck the ifruit app and it being the only way i can get custom plate

i LOVE finally being able to buy a car in GTA game but why can i buy SOME but can't buy others?

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Ok finally I got the jet... had to cheat a little bit and make a save point each step of the way to get it but, how do I save it in Trevor's hangar? I watched a video stating that just simply parking it in the hangar saves it but if I was to ever switch planes, I'd lose it. This true? How do I still fly Trevor's other planes and not have to steal the fighter jet again every time I wish to take it out and play with it?

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 3 days ago

Amanda, Trevor and terminator accuracy cops

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Ok finally I got the jet... had to cheat a little bit and make a save point each step of the way to get it but, how do I save it in Trevor's hangar? I watched a video stating that just simply parking it in the hangar saves it but if I was to ever switch planes, I'd lose it. This true? How do I still fly Trevor's other planes and not have to steal the fighter jet again every time I wish to take it out and play with it?

First, CONGRATS on getting the fighter Jet!

Second, oddly enough, this is one of the things I complain about with V. Which I guess makes this a timely topic you brought up in this thread. Whatever vehicles you purchase off the Internet in the game will keep being added to your stored stash. But for some reason, when you put the stolen jet there, or any other stolen plane, once you toggle to another plane, you lose it. I don't get this, to be honest. All the Saints Row games allow you to steal, buy, and store a f^ck ton of vehicles in garages and hangars, but with this game, it isn't like that.

So you have to pretty much have that as your default plane if you want to keep it.

Sucks, I know.

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 3 days ago

I hate it that Johnny was killed by that stupid idiot called Trevor Phillips
  • AlbanyEsperanto likes this

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 2 days ago

- any aircraft controls (jet, heli)

- disappearing vehicles

- GHOST TOWN (worst thing in this game is that streets are deserted sometimes)

- low LOD scaling

- cops 

- not enough pedestrian quotes and that results in repetitiveness

- enemy peds weapon accuracy too high

- no proper 21:9 support -.-

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 days ago Edited by gunziness, 2 days ago.

It's never made any shred of sense to me when we buy these "businesses" and chose to ignore the sh*tty missions attached to them when the managers get the sh*ts with us for ignoring them? Excuse me? I own the place bitch.

Imagine that f*cked up logic in the real world. You own a business and the mangers verbally castrate you for not doing what they want.

The worse thing is that those missions cant be avoided by going into sleep mode, which renders the feature completely useless.

Also, I hate the limited space when it comes to vehicle storage, it really limits my options when buying cars because I run out of space so quickly. its just retarded. At least give us a 10 car garage for each protag, but not even that. Not to mention the Hangars/Helipads and the Docks, it could have been great to store more than ONE vehicle in such places (it even has a working (yet useless) vehicle selection menu) but you are stuck with just one vehicle PER building, ridiculous.

Another thing that I really hate is how limited the friends activities are. The options for some characters are very very limited. For example, when hanging out with Amanda, you can only play tennis, or drink, when hanging out with jimmy as Trevor, you can either go to the cinema or also play tennis, its so dull sometimes that it makes it avoidable. Also, out of all the minigames, they picked darts? really? I admit is better done here than in IV for example, but Pool, Darts and even Bowling (which, jokes aside, its a fun minigame) are much better IMO. They could have reused all those minigames but they limited themselves to put the props around the map just to troll us, lol. Same with the fast foot stands, they redesigned them completely and added more variety but they are just there for decoration. It just those details that completely breaks the inmersion sometimes, the lack of interaction with the map that makes it feel like a cardboard city. At least Tennis and Golf are very entertaining activities (doing tennis games against non story-characters can actually be very challenging).

You can buy Tequila la la but you cannot enter its fully functional interior, how does that even makes sense?

This game is amazing, but its also full of bad decisions, its a real shame.

• Tycek likes this

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

First, CONGRATS on getting the fighter Jet!

Thanks but I actually don't really feel like I earned it so much now since learning to create a save point right before I got blown outta the sky from watching another how-to video so, that's really how I was able to pull it off. I created a save point right before getting wasted trying to even get into the cockpit. Opened the save and there was no one around. No tanks or people was even nearby so it's like I got a 20 second jumpstart on everyone and Trevor was still in the plane right as play began. Once I cleared the base I made another save point in case I got shot down again, which I didn't, but after that, that was all she wrote, I was home free at that point.

Second, oddly enough, this is one of the things I complain about with V. Which I guess makes this a timely topic you brought up in this thread. Whatever vehicles you purchase off the Internet in the game will keep being added to your stored stash. But for some reason, when you put the stolen jet there, or any other stolen plane, once you toggle to another plane, you lose it. I don't get this, to be honest. All the Saints Row games allow you to steal, buy, and store a f^ck ton of vehicles in garages and hangars, but with this game, it isn't like that.

So you have to pretty much have that as your default plane if you want to keep it.

Sucks, I know.

Yeah, it does.

Oh well, if I actually had the skill to steal the fighter jet without having to resort to cheating by creating save-points, I'd be a little more miffed about it but oh well.

It's actually kinda funny tho. Now that I have the fighter jet, I really don't need all the other planes. I only bought them cause I had the money to buy them. Lol. But, I can't get rid of them either. If I blow one up, they always reappear available at the hanger but if I happen to destroy a car or pickup that I spent copious amounts of money fixing up, modifying and painting, I lose them and hafta buy them all over again and start over but the planes never die. lol. Wonder why that is?

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Legendary Commenter

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A day ago

Totally agree with you. They are pointless and makes you say "I shouldn't bought those properties"

Corneileous
  • Corneileous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Totally agree with you. They are pointless and makes you say "I shouldn't bought those properties"

It is kinda messed up but if ya think about it, it's just kind of a cheesy way to keep you busy after you beat the game.

I'm not making excuses for it and I certainly am not condoning it, I'm just saying that that is the most likely reason so you have something to do.

Rockstar could just make another mission or two for us to do instead of resorting to making the property managers rely on the respective owners too much. Lol.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted A day ago

Greetings folks.

It has been rightly pointed out that we have two near identical threads active on the same forum. In cases like this we often merge the two threads but as both topics are very large I don't want to do that so I'm going to close this one, and invite everyone to continue using this topic: http://gtaforums.com...omplain-thread/

Thanks

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users