Quantcast

» «
Photo

What annoys you in gta v?

967 replies to this topic
lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by lizardman563, 29 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

The fact that in 3 days, every license plate tag in San Andreas will be expired.

lolol

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

The One and hopefully Only.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Personally, the police taking so f*cking long to loose. Even on a 1 star wanted level, it seems to take them forever to get off of my trail, when i am hiding under a bridge in foliage. I thought if you hid in foliage you would loose the wanted level quicker. Mostly a waste of time.
  • Bonnano and jeanrjm like this

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

The Frame rate drops on 360, and the flickering shadows on the characters. Although most of that is fixed in the PS3 version. But if I had to pick a game mechanic that bothered me, i'd say it's the AI of the police. i mean what the hell, I shoot some random hitch hiker at the top of Mount Chiliad, with no one else around, then all of a sudden I see police cars spawning like there is no tomorrow. The cops must have laser vision or something. It's freakin' annoying! Then you have the fact that if you accidentally bump into a certain ped, they'll be all like: "I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" like what the hell man? The police are also overpowered to hell and back. Also, sometimes when I zoom in with a sniper rifle, the fps would drop like crazy. FPS would also drop in certain missions as well, namely the one where you shoot the pilots out of the choppers with Franklin during one of the heists, major fps drop when zooming with the sniper rifle! 

• theGTAking101 and Kafonix like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

You stand for a second in a crowd, EVERYONE get scared, someone calls the police because a scary man stopped and thought: "what a lovely day in Los Santos!"

You go to a club, stand near a crowd, everyone glares in fear at you, after a second the security goes "WHAT THE f*ck IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!" and pushes you. You wonder "what the f*ck", he goes in combat stance, you get a star. In 5 seconds the police arrive and start shooting you.

I can't blame the protagonists to be sociopathic in such a city.

• Bonnano, Detective Phelps and Kafonix like this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by KeepCalm and CarryGun, 29 December 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Personally, the police taking so f*cking long to loose. Even on a 1 star wanted level, it seems to take them forever to get off of my trail, when i am hiding under a bridge in foliage. I thought if you hid in foliage you would loose the wanted level quicker. Mostly a waste of time.

The police certainly have different behaviour since GTA IV, and 3 stars or more can be a bit of a mission to evade, no argument.

With 2 stars or less, it seems they are easy to lose, if you go off-road (even JUST a little off the road). For example, you can rob the security van listed as #1 on Social Club, then drive for less than 5 seconds round the corner, hide behind a truck trailer and wait, Even with the 2 star wanted level, they will never find you.

Hiding in foliage is more hit and miss, but you're on the right road.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by Dr. Robotnik, 30 December 2013 - 05:21 AM.

I love the fact that every character has their own respawning, personal vehicle, but I wish there had been a little more for each character. Franklin has a car and a bike, but up until the end of the game, Trevor only has a big-ass truck that crashes into everything on the LS streets.

Speaking of vehicles, a lot of random characters (like Taliana) won't get on bikes if you happen to be riding one when you trigger the event. I don't get this. Your friends can ride with you (if you hang out or something), so why can't they?

Michael and Franklin only have one safehouse (at a time, anyway). This makes sense for their characters, but it still bugs me a little.

You can't drink or get high in Trevor's strip club safehouse. You can't even use the computer on the desk.

The characters show damage if they get shot or hit the ground hard, and the bloodstains take forever to disappear. It breaks my immersion for them to spend an entire cutscene looking they've been hit by a truck without anyone saying anything.

Some of the rampage missions (while funny) feel really out of place in the otherwise halfway realistic story. I can buy that Trevor could kill some gangbangers or rednecks without anyone caring, but soldiers?

The game almost always forces you to be the driver in any situation where there's more than one character sharing a vehicle. I get that this is to give the player something to do, but L.A. Noir and Red Dead Redemption didn't do this as much, and the conversations get cut off mid-sentence if you crash.

Franklin can't play tennis. I like tennis more than golf, because it's a much quicker way to boost your strength and you actually get small amounts of money for winning.

None of these are major complaints by the way, just petty things.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

Another whining bitchfest thread??

You're the only one whining. Interesting... :monocle:

The main thing that annoys me is the forced switching and the times when you can't switch. I understand sometimes, but it can also ruin the flow of the game. And like others have said, it's not a big deal. I love the game, but if we don't say what bugs us, R* won't know. I'm not kissing their ass unless those cheeks are perfect!

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

http://gtaforums.com/

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Username_already_taken, 30 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

The way cars explode randomly. Like just then when I was cruising to some ridiculous heist Trev set up, after a few minutes I tickled a car turning off, it slid into a wall and exploded killing me and everyone else, so I gotta do all that travelling again, how booring!

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 30 December 2013 - 11:41 PM.

(...)

You can't drink or get high in Trevor's strip club safehouse. You can't even use the computer on the desk.

(...)

When you become the owner of the strip club, Trevor can get free drinks at the bar, and the girl keeps on serving glass after glass (instead of stopping at 4 glasses) until T goes down like a sack of potatoes and wakes up on the office couch. Also, just as a note, if you get a private show as the owner of the place (i.e. as Trevor) the guy checking on the boots doesn't bother you for touching the girls anymore.

---------------------------------

As for me.

The thing which bothers me the most is the fact that the characters have no way of trying to stop those infinite slow-mo down hills slides they perform every single time you try to make them go up a slightly sharper-than-allowed slope on the mountains.

I mean: it's perfectly OK if they tumble and fall. But when they keep on sliding and sliding and sliding as slow as a crowling worm you'd expect that by moving the analog stick a bit they should shake out of it and get up? Nope: they keep on going, and  they also keep on taking more physical damage by doing it!

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Everything.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Something I haven't given much thought to, but now I have it does kind of annoy me. I mean we have to ability to sit down on the couch to watch TV, but why can't we do this anywhere? Michael sits down when he first talks to Lester.

It's a small detail I've always wanted. The fact it's only done in parts annoys me.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

When you drive on the sidewalk at some speed car just "jump" on it (?) it dont look smooth this small thing make me crazy.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by jeanrjm, 31 December 2013 - 02:58 AM.

What annoys me is:

-Everything in this game is too scripted. And not in a good way. Like if everything was made to get you killed. COPs/health systems prove it.
This game just doesn't works "natural" as previous games

-There are limits in stupid things like: You cant of use your weapons at stores/safehouse. Freedom?

- If i do want to play silently, i turn the radio off, but cant turn off that horrible original score.

-This game lacks the best features of previous GTAs, neither of them cost $260m

-There are no activities other than Yoga, Tennis, Movies and Golf.
Both get old fast. The only good stuff they brought were the weapons wheel, the graphics and movies.
  • Choco Taco likes this

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Something I haven't given much thought to, but now I have it does kind of annoy me. I mean we have to ability to sit down on the couch to watch TV, but why can't we do this anywhere? Michael sits down when he first talks to Lester.

It's a small detail I've always wanted. The fact it's only done in parts annoys me.

This. It's really minor, but I'd like the option to just take a load off my feet and relax or look through my phone. It's not like the game doesn't already have animations for the characters sitting down, and I can't think of any reason why the TV would have to be on.

kenzoselser
  • kenzoselser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

The radio stinks. No real good rock station. VRock from Vice City was awesome. Flying is a pain in the ass too. You cant hover in a chopper. Its annoying. Online is terrible. RDR got online play right in a sandbox game imo. I was so excited but let down by 5s online. Takes forever to level up. I prefer playing solo, so why do I have to suffer when it comes to online missions. If the mission requires two or more people, let me choose NPCs. I also dont get if your getting chased by someone who is driving, blow up thier car and have to pay for it? I wouldnt mind if cash was a lil easier to come by online..but geez...Moding cars is a pain too...Im not asking for armor or bulletproof tites. But having to wait to reach level such and such to have cerain rims or tinted windows is a little riduculus. Same goes for the clothes tOo.
  • jeanrjm likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

I hate getting f*cking bounties every time I steal a car online, it's stupid after you steal their car they text you saying they put a bounty on you, how did they even get my number I didn't give it to them when I stole their car.

• theGTAking101 and kenzoselser like this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

People who try to kill me while riding my motorcycle... thank God there's solo only sessions when I feel like it.... but sometimes that damn NPC in the Sentinel gets me... but I got him this one time. LOL

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:51 AM Edited by GTAnian, 31 December 2013 - 10:30 AM.

• Slow loading times
  • Police
  • Trailers keep disappearing when you walk too far away, although the truck is always there.
  • Vehicle damage system not as good as GTA IV
  • Lack of variety in vehicle spawning
  • Disappearing weapon glitch

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

I still can't tell whether I love or hate the insane amount of ragdolling. It makes me laugh more than anything else in the game, but the lack of ledge detection is ridiculous. Jumping at a wall that's too high or "???" is like throwing a fish at the wall and just watching it flop around. Mountain climbing can also turn your character into a lifeless puppet from a simple misstep. 

It's often hilarious, but definitely annoying sometimes. 

• theGTAking101, Luuk' and PedoneRosso like this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Police.

Germanviking86
  • Germanviking86

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Germanviking86, 31 December 2013 - 11:05 PM.

-The wanted system.  GTA IVs was perfect, then they had to go and add this extra minute in which you need to hide.  A freaking minute.

-Too many hills, really.  Rockstar said it would kindof be a throwback to RDR, yet the countryside in that game compared to this one is like night and day.  RDRs countryside was better.  It didn't even convey the hills north of Los Angeles, no fresno, no Bakersfield, not even Burbank.  Plus the wildlife can kill you with one hit.  Not cool Rockstar.

-The fact when you go flying through your windshield you die instantly.  I miss all the wipeouts from GTA IV, of which aren't here this time.  Besides which, realistically speaking, you wouldn't die in real life flying through a windshield, the impact is not strong enough.

-The three protagonists though memorable, don't fit in the GTA universe.  A Skizophrenic named Trevor, an Unfaithful husband named Michael, and a street hustler who though has an enemy in the hood, has no big problems named Franklin.  Though they are bank robbers, I still feel that it kindof stretched reality by having someone as rich as Bill Gates be the bad guy.  I mean Niko, Tommy Vercetti, Claude Speed, and Carl Johnson was the definative image of criminal.  Though robbing a bank is pretty bad, it still feels like it could be something that Niko, Carl, and Tommy would do on a whim.

Those are pretty much the only things that piss me off about GTA V.  I never play online, but I know that if I did, this list would probrably be longer.

When Rockstar goes next-gen with GTA, I hope that they include improvements to the core mechanic and maybe convey mob life a bit more realistic like they have been doing with the extra characters..

• jeanrjm likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

-The wanted system.  GTA IVs was perfect, then they had to go and add this extra minute in which you need to hide.  A freaking minute.

You don't need to hide. It's just another option. You can just evade them like in GTA IV if you want. I like GTA V's system better, because you can actually lose them by hiding, even in the same general area. I sometimes lose the cops by stealing a car, parking on the side of the highway and then taking cover behind the car and the cops just drive right past me. 

• ten-a-penny and Undyne like this

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Right now; got a call from this cinema about another robbery, drives up to "fix" this when a random "civilian car" attacks me.

Just too stupid, turns off the console. Elements in this game seems to be made for 6 year old psycopats :v:

• jeanrjm likes this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

problem is: They aren't marked.

I didn't look past it, "problem is: they aren't marked". That is why I do not count that or say anything about it. It's easier to drive all the way across town back home to get a health pack, than to look for a store. Either way Cluckin' Bell and Burger Shots are classic and referenced in many GTA titles, we finally got to visit them in IV which was awesome. The 24/7's suck and I know in Online you have to buy several "candies" just to get your health all the way up, while in GTA IV it was only 1 burger needed.

I agree with you 100% but I'd like to point out for both our sakes that Burger Shot was introduced in Vice City and you could actually eat from there on Vice City, San Andreas and IV. Same with Cluckin' Bell but that was introduced in San Andreas. I don't get why they switch things around. I know they took them out because there was already means of healing (24/7, eCola, Sprunk) just like how the Hunter would only become equal to the Buzzard; which was all the same in San Andreas.

San Andreas had Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, Pizza Stack, Sprunk Machines, 24/7's etc to heal and there was nothing wrong with that, I liked how there was a means of healing myself just around the block wherever I was. I was also hoping to see the Hunter return since there was barely any difference between the Sea Sparrow and Hydra in San Andreas so I don't see why that got took out too :@ There better be a DLC otherwise I'll just begin to lose hope and gradually stop playing which I'd rather not do because I've got almost every GTA game to date.

• jeanrjm likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Fonts

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Fonts

:^: :^: :^:

for a SECOND I though my eye vision became too weak to the level that I have to stick my head in my TV! :turn: at first I though it was just my TV being too small, but when I used the bigger one, the same problem!

they seriously need to make the fonts bigger. a lot bigger.......

optimusmike777
  • optimusmike777

clear eyes, full heart

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

people in races that just ram everyone

I always think if you want to cause destruction in a race do the GTA races not the normal races

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Fonts

:^: :^: :^:

for a SECOND I though my eye vision became too weak to the level that I have to stick my head in my TV! :turn: at first I though it was just my TV being too small, but when I used the bigger one, the same problem!

they seriously need to make the fonts bigger. a lot bigger.......

It's fine for me to see through HDMI. Without it it can be a pain but HDMI remarkably works well on the fonts. I can see the name of a vehicle even through the window outside =)

• Kafonix likes this

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

You stand for a second in a crowd, EVERYONE get scared, someone calls the police because a scary man stopped and thought: "what a lovely day in Los Santos!"

You go to a club, stand near a crowd, everyone glares in fear at you, after a second the security goes "WHAT THE f*ck IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!" and pushes you. You wonder "what the f*ck", he goes in combat stance, you get a star. In 5 seconds the police arrive and start shooting you. . . . .

But this type of behavior is just representative of today's *normal* society :lol:

I've already posted mine but I still really HATE having personal vehicles moved around. Granted they have this "character can be out doing something when you're NOT using them" now BUT when you are out w/ THAT person and your car gets moved OUT of the garage or parked somewhere else on your property, its like WHO is screwing around w/ my vehicle?! And worst is IF it would ever get impounded or *lost* especially modded. I just dont want to have to keep going to the impound just to get my car out... If "the game" would leave it in my garage then it *shouldnt* ever get impounded, altho as I learned w/ Michael, a car parked in your GATED driveway can apparently still be impounded, thats really :rol:

vq35altima
  • vq35altima

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

My car spawns sooo far away from me! Wow I hate that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users