Photo

What annoys you in gta v?

967 replies to this topic
Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

One thing that has annoyed me since GTA IV (obviously its still in GTA V) are the contacts in your phone. Your in game phone in SP is clustered with people who you only converse with for a few missions. I feel as though once you are completely done with that person, they should be removed from your contacts. 

The garages, or lack there of, are pretty annoying too. So many cars I want to say but I can only save a few.

• Tikhung and Delin__ like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

I don't like that we can only take modifiable vehicles to a garage to get repaired. I know I can switch characters and switch back and it'll repair it, but the windows will still be blown out. And I know I can quick save, but then I have to reload the game and that takes up time and the boring loading screen music doesn't make the wait any more enjoyable.

I like that we can do armed robberies on stores, but what's stupid is we can't just leave the engine of our getaway car running. Well you can, but the way to do it is stupid. I have to discharge a weapon first, then get in the vehicle, and then exit and the engine will be running. GTA IV actually had a really good system going, by tapping the button, you would step out of your car and keep the engine running, and if you held the button you'd shut off the engine and get out. That was perfect. So why get rid of it?

It's not a game breaker but these differences do suck compared to their past counterparts and are less convenient.

• Ciaran, theGTAking101, Niobium and 1 other like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

GTA IV actually had a really good system going, by tapping the button, you would step out of your car and keep the engine running, and if you held the button you'd shut off the engine and get out. That was perfect. So why get rid of it?

I have no idea why they took that out.  Whoever made that decision at Rockstar is a complete idiot.  It's probably the same person who decided to remove the crouching feature and allow cops to catch up to supercars and ram them from behind.  It's stupid beyond belief.

• Peregrin Brandytook, theGTAking101, Tikhung and 5 others like this

Lafbael
  • Lafbael

Tempus Edax Rerum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

The lack of being able to switch from a public lobby to a private match.  :bored:

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

TRUMP 2016

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by ~Joseph~, 27 December 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Driving Physics

Ability to shove people

Car Spawn

Wasted Space

Rockstar

Saints Row feel

• theGTAking101 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Features and mechanics that were in IV, RDR, or MP3 that are present in V but half-assed.

Bounty hunting is very limited. You hunt a few guys that have some dialogue if you let them live, and that's it. No more bounty hunting. Not even randomly generated peds and locations like in Red Dead Redemption.

As someone else said, being able to leave your engine on in IV. For some reason that's completely gone, and in some situations it can be really annoying. The contacts thing in your phone is worse than it was in IV. Not only does every dead character stay in your phone, but if you are hunting as Trevor and send them a picture of your kill, they will respond. It seems like such a simple thing that could have avoided.

For some reason, you can still commit a crime with no one around and gain a wanted level. They fixed this in RDR. If there were no witnesses, nobody could run to the nearest lawman and give you a wanted level. If a witness did see you, you could kill that witness before they told anyone. I mean sh*t, in V I was in the LS River and killed a hobo. Another f*cking hobo pulled out a god damn cellphone, and I gained a wanted level.

Shooting is better than it was in IV, but it still feels weird. Max Payne 3 was perfect. The shooting in V feels a bit more like it did in Vice City. The run and gun mechanic is nothing like it was in MP3. It's the same as holding down the sprint button, aiming down the sights, and firing your gun - except when you use the run and gun mechanic, you have a lot less accuracy at the convenience of not having to use two other buttons.

These are the only things I can really think of off the top of my head, but it just really bugs me that for some reason, when it came to things Rockstar had already done in previous games, they really half-assed them in V.

• Ermac, Peregrin Brandytook, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

In a nutshell, I'm annoyed that this game coulda been SO MUCH BETTER if the higher-ups at R* didn't totally sell out to the f*ckhole industry. They made a game for profits, not a game for gamers.
  • jeanrjm likes this

SleepingWithSirens!
  • SleepingWithSirens!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

Random situations that pop up was playing as Michael and some woman was yelling for help so I followed her up some stairs then her friend jumped up and pulled out guns on me.Next thing I know I'm told to give them the money so I quickly pull out my pistol and pistol whip the guy in the back of the head then shoot the woman in the face. It was very satisfying to see her die revenge is a 2 way street lady

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Speaking of random situations, they're all the same and in the same locations. In Red Dead Redemption, they were actually random and there were quite a few things you could run into that made the world seem alive. Some even had a good reward.

In V it's always the same thing. Either some guy's bike or wallet gets stolen and you can either keep it or give it back, and Gruppe 6 trucks. The only unique ones happen once and that's it, because they have to do with heists. RDR did it so much better, but like I mentioned earlier, for some reason they really didn't put a whole lot into it.

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

Tonya. LOL!

It annoys me when I'm hiding in the perfect spot and the wanted level just won't go away . I'm very impatient.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by jeanrjm, 27 December 2013 - 07:42 AM.

- I turn th radio off. There is the original score of the game. If i turned the radio off is because i don't want to listen to music.
-The Online missions are stupidly designed.
-There is nothing to do in GTAV, but Yoga, Tennis and Golf
-The cop system/health system were obviously designed to get you killed, doesn't matter how stupid it "works".
-The story is bad, short and looks lazy
-The Online has connection problems, and send me back to V.
-I can't use weapons in safehouses and clothing shops. Freedom?
-While we have LS in the south, we've nothing but mountains up north
-The missions are too scripted
The game looks lazy in everything. Fails in obvious thing. Looks like R* devs don't play games. Only the graphics are good.
I don't really believe they've spent $260m in this. Sure that GTA San Andreas was less expensive, and is far more complete and well made.
Shame. My favorite series became this.
Well, we have snow on christmas.
  • theGTAking101, Tikhung, Mr. Tibbs and 1 other like this

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

No. 1 in a HUGE way, and all the more annoying because I'm impressed w/ the wardrobe system in general. I'm a role player (in the tabletop sense) and this stuff makes a difference to me: CONSTANTLY having to go redress my characters in the sorts of clothes I have decided they wear. My Micheal's not a suit guy, he dresses more like Magnum P.I. My Trevor looks NOTHING like the stock Trevor, he's very mountain man. I buy outfits for Franklin, because I want him to look fitted, and he's certainly not the kind of goon that still wears his hat backwards.

Yet almost every time I look away Mike goes and puts on a suit, Trevor goes and takes off what I consider his signature shades and puts on some sweatpants and a printed T or some other such thing, and Franklin invariably comes back looking EXACTLY like he dressed himself using a random number generator, except he usually has a goofy backwards hat.

R*, why give me so many great choices, only to poopoo on my decisions at every turn? A good and easy fix would've been to let me save 3-5 outfits at the wardrobe, and toggle on or off whether I wanted my characters to be able dress themselves randomly out of every single mismatched garment they own.

I've seriously abandoned missions to go redress everyone so I could watch the cutscenes in a way that wasn't hammering away at my suspension of disbelief.
  • theGTAking101 and Ausrichter like this

jake2013guy
  • jake2013guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

People who give me glitched money.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:20 PM Edited by LancerG2, 02 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.

1. No good radio songs, Soulwax FM and Radio Mirror park. (SP & O)

2. No long hair for female characters, get f*cking real here man. Not everyone has short hair like it's the military. (O)

3. Lack of road bikes, Hexer and Daemon and Bagger are great, but I wanted more. (SP & O)

4. No houses in Blaine County or By the beach for sale out of Los Santos. (O)

5. Johnny Klebitz dies (SP)

6. Lost MC are enemies. (SP & O)

7. Character design system in Online, Damn rockstar, ad-least add a plastic surgery at the hospital so we can do Saint's Row Facial Customization. (O)

8. No revolvers, semi-auto rifles, no double barreled shotguns, No chainsaw, and NO CROSSBOWS! (SP & O)

9. The Norinco 56. Why the f*ck rockstar did you remove the AK-47/AKM for some knockoff Chinese bullsh*t. (SP & O)

10. No Molotov cocktails. The trailer lied. (SP & O)

11. Tank's machine gun is unusable. (SP & O)

12. No HWMVV as a military Vehicle. (SP & O)

13. The people online giving you a sh*tload of cash that you could drown in it IRL. (O)

• Alvarez and SWI0001 like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

1. Advertised stuff being only available during one mission.

2. Broken insider stock trading apart from scripted Lester missions.

3. Pay2Fun Chop and the broken app, lack of phone support.

4. Broken garages with vanishing vehicles.

5. Money inflation on GTA:O

6. Killing Johnny Klebitz.

7. Too easy of death for Steve f*cking Haines.

8. Still no Independent FM. On PS2 it was technically impossible, but XBOX360 and PS3 have harddrives with music collections.

9. Promotion graphics were again prettier than reality. Hope this will change on PC.

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

6. Killing Johnny Klebitz.

Oh, yeah. Good one. TLAD was absolutely my least favorite of the 3 GTA IV's, in large part because I thought Johnny was a bit of a disloyal, whiny punk*ss, but c'mon... anyone B.A. enough to be a GTA protagonist isn't going out the way Klebitz did, like a complete simpering b*tch. Not that Trevor couldn't take Johnny, but Jhonny started it and then almost immediately folded like a scared dog. Then he got his teeth kicked in anyway, and he didn't even swing. Boo.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

GTA IV actually had a really good system going, by tapping the button, you would step out of your car and keep the engine running, and if you held the button you'd shut off the engine and get out. That was perfect. So why get rid of it?

I have no idea why they took that out.  Whoever made that decision at Rockstar is a complete idiot.  It's probably the same person who decided to remove the crouching feature and allow cops to catch up to supercars and ram them from behind.  It's stupid beyond belief.

:^:

Yes the inability to crouch is very annoying! Yea he can take cover but that doesnt always stop a bullet from entering his head if you cant crouch at will! I know this isnt COD :lol: but it'd actually be nice to be able to get on the ground for sniper shots too! Most sniper shots are not taken from a standing position with no way to help steady the gun, I'd say most are from prone and from a crouched position.

That "engine-always-off-on-exit" thing is a bit annoying too, as is always-close-the-door. Curiously I have went out to the ocean with Michael several times near the water, he's gotten out and left the door open. It was better IMO to have the engine running like in IV, especially if you need to make a quick get-a-way. Its obvious it takes quite a bit of time to get cars started in-game, especially if they have some damage.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Quite simply, I'm just not finding it interesting. I hadn't touched it for weeks; yesterday I hooked up a much bigger flat screen tv to my gaming system, started up the game, thinking "Yeah, baby, here we go"... and five minutes later I was back on my pc playing "Divine Divinity".

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

http://gtaforums.com/

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Quite simply, I'm just not finding it interesting. I hadn't touched it for weeks; yesterday I hooked up a much bigger flat screen tv to my gaming system, started up the game, thinking "Yeah, baby, here we go"... and five minutes later I was back on my pc playing "Divine Divinity".

I'm also finding it difficult to stay interested. I've only had it a few days but each time I play it I get bored easily, to me the story line seems to messed up. You're playing multiple characters that are constantly throwing different aspects of the game at me and I'm finding it hard to take it all in. I thought there was much going on in 4, but 5 seems 3x as much.

I'm trying to keep playing it to get used to everything but to be honest I think of better things to play or do, maybe it's more for the hardcore gamers than recreational.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Oh yeah, there's another - the musical score is way too quiet. It's been done in Bully, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 - but for some reason in V they made the OST too quiet that so many sounds in the game can easily drown it out. You can try lowering the SFX, and raising the Music in the options but there are still some sounds that always drown it out - to the point where if you lower the SFX too much, sounds are too quiet.

The only way to fix this is to directly edit the musical score files and raise the volume. Rockstar could fix it in a patch, but they won't obviously. Yet again, it's a case of having done this before in previous games, but for some reason they half-assed it in V. Luckily, PC modders will be able to extract the files and fix it themselves come PC release. So there's that to look forward to.

Comber22
  • Comber22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

1 They messed up the driving mechanics; it seems every vehicle likes to turn into you, handbrake turns no longer turn you but 360 your car and sometimes spin you off the road [not peaking top speed either] I had GTA4 driving mastered and was loving the Comet with handbrake turns. Now I can't keep it on the road.

2 I like playing the game 1 time no onboard cheats then with cheats but R* has murdered what made SA so popular [RT X < type cheats btw] The invincibility lasts 5 minutes -.- Remove wanted level will not work on missions and only removes 1 star each correct code input [wtf R*?] 1 weapons cheat only [does not include the minigun] no money cheat [essential cheat] I miss the one time cheat SA had where you put it in and all the cops ignore you forever, or the superman cheat, I mean come on some like to play CoD style in cover and all and some like to walk up to the bad guys and point blank put a bullet in their face but without the full inv. cheat I'm stuck hiding from the enemies so my guy doesn't die from 3 shots [in the Trevor fly into the PM plane, 3 bullets kills you with heavy armor]

3 Where are all the talk shows?! I loved listening to the 2 from GTA4, only really 2 decent radio shows.

4 Stop focusing on online mode and focus on what GTA is SP mode.

BashirTheTrainMaster
  • BashirTheTrainMaster

One of Zeus's Winged Enforcers

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

EEHHHH lets see...:

1. How light some of the industrial trucks are like the Pounder and Dock Handler. I hate when small cars bring the tuck to a stop and start pushing me around! :sneaky:  But with a container, the Dock Handler is unstoppable from the front. :santa:

2. The HVY DUMP gets blown to bits in one explosion. REALLY??!??! Makes no sense.

3. Can't operate trains/trams. Just another option. Why are the operators visible? Just Trolled to the max. :rampage:

-

I have more but I'll come back when and if I remember them.

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

1 They messed up the driving mechanics; it seems every vehicle likes to turn into you, handbrake turns no longer turn you

Yeah I'd say 90% or cars turn into you too, I also think the cars are not as fast as they should be either. I was in some sports car (Clearly a Porsche) yet I was barely going faster than traffic on the highway as full speed, the hell is that about?

BashirTheTrainMaster
  • BashirTheTrainMaster

One of Zeus's Winged Enforcers

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Oh yeah and the limited access vehicles like the Skylift and such.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

I had high expectations for the heists, but they turned out to be nothing more than traditional GTA missions. They looked like scenes from heists films, but felt like basic shootouts. The cheesy sitcom music during Michael's family cutscenes also annoyed me. 

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

4 Stop focusing on online mode and focus on what GTA is SP mode.

My god, this. Rockstar said GTA: Online and GTA: V were supposed to be separate things, but it seems all they care about right now Online. I bet most of the paid DLC is going to be crap for Online, and we're only going to get one SP DLC.

• theGTAking101, Comber22 and Kafonix like this

Conqwerty
  • Conqwerty

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

-There is not a huge performance difference between super cars and regular cars

- WAY too many cars are high end, seems to be 70% sports/ super, no love for the others

-Only 4 lowriders?

- R* removing legit cars from online (Rat-Loader, clean Rebel, Hardtop clean Tornado)

- Tanks in Online are incredibly annoying, too easily obtained (should have to take out military base using a cargobob instead of scripting in money and ranking yourself up)

- Bad sport system really bugs me, when you kill someone on foot they have to pay for dying , you get away scot free, but touch their car and not only do YOU pay their premium, you get in the troll lobby, it's GTA for f*ck's sake!!

- In online, there are no houses in Blaine County, only tiny garages. There needs to be a lot more options as to where we can live.

- As someone said before, a lot of the map is unused, like the wind farm. There could be WAY more interesting and secret locations, like abandoned houses that could be used as gang hideouts or underground mines, sonewhere it would allow for roleplaying and fun battles.
  • Kafonix likes this

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

The game (is still) called GRAND THEFT AUTO and there is nowhere we can sell a stolen car? Should have been car-shops and illegal market as well, remember GTA3.. 

Next to this; stuck to a not wanted ingame car, can not buy property and relocate, not even a motel-room to rent in this huge game-map. Remember Vice Vity..

Allmost impossible to increase strenght, why isn`t the beach-gym open like in SA?

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Smashing through the window screen of a car when you hit something. I hate this so much, it's just a major inconvenience and it bores me. Should at least give you the option to use your seat belt; if you don't THEN it's down to your decision. They always manage to leave the annoying stuff in like that.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

The unfinished product.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users